Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

Hostel Palaver??....share Your Experience! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Hostel Palaver??....share Your Experience! (2257 Views)

American University Of Nigeria's New Hostel In Pictures / JAMB: Share Your Experience / School Punishment (share Your Experience) Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hostel Palaver??....share Your Experience! by queenbetsy(f): 8:43am On Aug 11, 2015
Its very rare to be a student and not have any experience about hostel mates....their noise,arguments here and there.....so disturbing!

Two weeks into the institution,one of my buckets was stolen. my pot have been missing since last month and I've not seen it till date...sick and tired of these!

How is/was it in your hostel?

Cc: lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Hostel Palaver??....share Your Experience! by Melahou(m): 9:07am On Aug 11, 2015
buy another one

next time put them in chain to avoid story that touch
Re: Hostel Palaver??....share Your Experience! by Nobody: 5:21am On Aug 29, 2015
Hehehe its part of the school fun dear but try to be more careful. I dont stay in school hostel, i stay alone so i dont have any to tell except for my annoying neighbours who can beg n borrow anything

1 Like

Re: Hostel Palaver??....share Your Experience! by queenbetsy(f): 1:19pm On Aug 29, 2015
treasuremabel:
Hehehe its part of the school fun dear but try to be more careful. I dont stay in school hostel, i stay alone so i dont have any to tell except for my annoying neighbours who can beg n borrow anything
its an off campus hostel
Re: Hostel Palaver??....share Your Experience! by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 29, 2015
queenbetsy:
its an off campus hostel

Huh? N your things got stolen? How manage? Do you have a roomie or what? Please shed more light o

1 Like

Re: Hostel Palaver??....share Your Experience! by queenbetsy(f): 9:04pm On Aug 29, 2015
treasuremabel:

Huh? N your things got stolen? How manage? Do you have a roomie or what? Please shed more light o
I will sweetheart...I've got a roomie,I asked her whether she borrowed anyone and she declined... I've done a room-to-room search but couldn't find my bucket or pot...I gave up last week...
Re: Hostel Palaver??....share Your Experience! by Nobody: 8:18am On Aug 30, 2015
queenbetsy:
I will sweetheart...I've got a roomie,I asked her whether she borrowed anyone and she declined... I've done a room-to-room search but couldn't find my bucket or pot...I gave up last week...

Maybe you left it outside n someone grabbed it immediately, its either the person already sold it or someone from another hostel took it (dats if there are other hostels around) but seriously, this is crazy! We are all students which means we are all struggling, so the person that stole it doesnt have a conscience. In my hostel, no body steals anything. I can leave my door open to go get something n nothing will happen. This shouldnt be happening in an hostel where students stay. Anyways, just learn to mark your things n take more care too

1 Like

Re: Hostel Palaver??....share Your Experience! by Omololu007(m): 9:59am On Aug 30, 2015
queenbetsy:
Its very rare to be a student and not have any experience about hostel mates....their noise,arguments here and there.....so disturbing!

Two weeks into the institution,one of my buckets was stolen. my pot have been missing since last month and I've not seen it till date...sick and tired of these!

How is/was it in your hostel?

Cc: lalasticlala
which kin school you dey

1 Like

Re: Hostel Palaver??....share Your Experience! by mosefin19(m): 10:51am On Aug 30, 2015
Omololu007:
which kin school you dey

I guess it will b kwasu..or private unis
Re: Hostel Palaver??....share Your Experience! by queenbetsy(f): 10:23pm On Aug 30, 2015
treasuremabel:

Maybe you left it outside n someone grabbed it immediately, its either the person already sold it or someone from another hostel took it (dats if there are other hostels around) but seriously, this is crazy! We are all students which means we are all struggling, so the person that stole it doesnt have a conscience. In my hostel, no body steals anything. I can leave my door open to go get something n nothing will happen. This shouldnt be happening in an hostel where students stay. Anyways, just learn to mark your things n take more care too
thanks dear sis
Re: Hostel Palaver??....share Your Experience! by queenbetsy(f): 10:27pm On Aug 30, 2015
Omololu007:
which kin school you dey
mosefin19:

I guess it will b kwasu..or private unis
the polytechnic,Ibadan wink
Re: Hostel Palaver??....share Your Experience! by whizqueen(f): 12:02pm On Sep 09, 2015
In my hostel back in school they steal like crazy. If you spread fine cloth on the line and you let it take so much time outside just forget it already. Them don carry am

They don't steal pots or buckets there oo. That your hostel is full of broke n poor students. How can you be stealing ordinary bucket? Nawa o

1 Like

Re: Hostel Palaver??....share Your Experience! by queenbetsy(f): 11:17pm On Sep 09, 2015
whizqueen:
In my hostel back in school they steal like crazy. If you spread fine cloth on the line and you let it take so much time outside just forget it already. Them don carry am

They don't steal pots or buckets there oo. That your hostel is full of broke n poor students. How can you be stealing ordinary bucket? Nawa o
Na that one pain u?? what about the pot? ordinary cooking pot?!
Re: Hostel Palaver??....share Your Experience! by BobUg28(m): 11:58pm On Sep 09, 2015
The lifestyle we exhibit in hostel those days are quite interested. It's always fun. . .feeling like going back to sec. sch.
Re: Hostel Palaver??....share Your Experience! by Nobody: 5:27pm On Sep 10, 2015
whizqueen:

For school hostel abi where?
Re: Hostel Palaver??....share Your Experience! by whizqueen(f): 5:40pm On Sep 10, 2015
treasuremabel:

For school hostel abi where?
Yesssss o grin
Re: Hostel Palaver??....share Your Experience! by Nobody: 7:17pm On Sep 10, 2015
whizqueen:
Yesssss o grin

Chaii after now dey go come tell me say zero tolerance to stealing but sha if dey catch dat thief ehn, e go chop beatings tire. The ones wey steal during second semester exams no just get luck cos dey really beat dem
Re: Hostel Palaver??....share Your Experience! by whizqueen(f): 7:49pm On Sep 10, 2015
treasuremabel:

Chaii after now dey go come tell me say zero tolerance to stealing but sha if dey catch dat thief ehn, e go chop beatings tire. The ones wey steal during second semester exams no just get luck cos dey really beat dem
If them catch them like this ehn... Na expulsion straight make hin no look back.

E get one boi wey thief phone for boy's hostel hin kon forget to remove the sim card kon give another person to flash the phone. Naim that one go pick the call give the owner description to the room na so them catch thief oooooo. My dear na the whole male n female hostel see the guy. Them beat am for boys hostel sotey security come carry am. Hin face students displinary committee.. . . You know the rest of the story o grin angry
Re: Hostel Palaver??....share Your Experience! by Nobody: 10:53pm On Sep 10, 2015
whizqueen:

If them catch them like this ehn... Na expulsion straight make hin no look back.

E get one boi wey thief phone for boy's hostel hin kon forget to remove the sim card kon give another person to flash the phone. Naim that one go pick the call give the owner description to the room na so them catch thief oooooo. My dear na the whole male n female hostel see the guy. Them beat am for boys hostel sotey security come carry am. Hin face students displinary committee.. . . You know the rest of the story o grin angry

Hehehe na our school be that, we dont fight but if we catch thief ehn na small thing dey remain to kill am
Re: Hostel Palaver??....share Your Experience! by queenbetsy(f): 11:52pm On Sep 10, 2015
I just wonder why they prefer to steal ur property instead of requesting politely...I just hope one of them will be seriously beaten in the market place

(1) (Reply)

Meet The 14-year-old Nigerian Schoolgirl With An ‘electric Brain’ (photo) / 2018 WASSCE Results Ranking (36 States And The FCT) / I Received This Mail Now, How True Is This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.