Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,189 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:45 AM

5 Reasons Bloggers Give Up. - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 5 Reasons Bloggers Give Up. (8966 Views)

Main Reasons Bloggers Attacks Facebook Inc. / Bloggers Give Away / 5 Reasons Why Many Bloggers Choosed Blogger Over Wordpress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Bloggers Give Up. by topeorekoy(m): 4:00pm On Aug 17, 2015
Nice post OP.

I started blogging in April 2012.

Reason was that I most give people the latest gists and I have access to the internet and most especially; I love surfing the web.

Though I get discouraged that I don't get too many comments but I have made up my mind that I won't quit.

Topeorekoya..com
Re: 5 Reasons Bloggers Give Up. by bolkay47(m): 4:39pm On Aug 17, 2015
Speakdatruth:
dia is one I saw DAT autopost images on socials for sharing but it's paid. do u knw abt dat?
its free sir... ifttt.com
Re: 5 Reasons Bloggers Give Up. by bummyla(m): 5:32pm On Aug 17, 2015
Thank You Dear! Http://www.bummyla.com
Re: 5 Reasons Bloggers Give Up. by codedtee: 6:46pm On Aug 17, 2015
nigeriancuban:
I don't know how god actually created some ppl sha, so you actually believe that you are just gonna sit in your home writing fairy tales and fictions and make real money off it? I don't even see blogging as a job in fact bloggers are way worse than illiterates without jobs in fact as a blogger without a real job,I say you are off to a great start to proverty

Sorry boss. you got it all wrong. There are bloggers making more than you can ever make in a year in just one week.

Run your race. Wish others well.

Stop badmouthing.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Bloggers Give Up. by ZeezaRapture(m): 8:11pm On Aug 17, 2015
BlogOxygen:

Thanks bolkay47. Do you mind dropping your Site's URL for a review with our analysis engine?

please does it mean i will have all the things u list on my blog if i subscribe to you guys?
Re: 5 Reasons Bloggers Give Up. by BrainnewsNg(f): 11:57pm On Aug 17, 2015
bolkay47:
yea sister,,what is your minimum pageview per day?

Re: 5 Reasons Bloggers Give Up. by BlogOxygen: 12:03am On Aug 18, 2015
ZeezaRapture:

please does it mean i will have all the things u list on my blog if i subscribe to you guys?

Subscribing to all our services would cost you a lot but incredible value for your money. Why not rather take it one step at a time. Probably Article provision or SMO management.
Re: 5 Reasons Bloggers Give Up. by HeelsEmpire(f): 1:47am On Aug 18, 2015
The reason most Nigerian bloggers seem to be having such an uphill battle sustaining their brand spanking new blogs is primarily because they get it wrong from the get go.

How you might ask?

1. Please get a great domain name. Chichi4rmAba..com won't cut it. How about thechichiouslife.com? smiley. Sounds more fun and worth checking out to me or anyone. A domain name costs just $10, that's approximately N2,500. That's the price of one dress top at Idumota. You can afford it!

2. OK, so I understand not everyone can mess around with WordPress. is great for beginners. If you're going to stick with for your blogging needs, at least get yourself a great looking theme/blog design. Most people want to be the next BellaNaija and Linda Ikeji so bad that, they think they can slap up a terrible looking blog, slap posts lifted from other bloggers, slap up Google banners everywhere and think the money will start rolling in grin.

Several months down the road, they realize it isn't working out, then they throw in the towel.

Blogging requires:

- A brand/identity (your style of writing)

- Quality, insightful, fun posts/contents

- Steady traffic streams (will only happen after the above is in place - Google's rules, not mine tongue )

- Patience and persistence! You need lots of these, trust me!

These are just my two kobo worth of opinion. I'm sorry if anyone feels slighted by these observations and opinions.

For the upcoming BellaNaija-type bloggers, keep kicking! You'll also soon be a brand to be reckoned with as long as you keep pushing.

For those trying to get into blogging, please doing it right from the get go. Read online about how to start up a worthwhile blog. It would save you lots of frustrations down the road wink

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Bloggers Give Up. by BlogOxygen: 7:21am On Aug 29, 2015
HeelsEmpire:
The reason most Nigerian bloggers seem to be having such an uphill battle sustaining their brand spanking new blogs is primarily because they get it wrong from the get go.

Thanks a lot for your observations. I'm sure someone has learnt something from this.
Re: 5 Reasons Bloggers Give Up. by BlogOxygen: 10:40am On Aug 31, 2015
topeorekoy:
Nice post OP.

I started blogging in April 2012.

Reason was that I most give people the latest gists and I have access to the internet and most especially; I love surfing the web.

Though I get discouraged that I don't get too many comments but I have made up my mind that I won't quit.

Topeorekoya..com

Send a mail with your URL to blogoxygen@outlook.com let's give your five free tips from our result of roaming Topeorekoya..com
Re: 5 Reasons Bloggers Give Up. by myworldtech: 2:17pm On Aug 31, 2015
frontpage material.
Re: 5 Reasons Bloggers Give Up. by BlogOxygen: 8:29pm On Aug 31, 2015
myworldtech:
frontpage material.

Thanks myworldtech
Re: 5 Reasons Bloggers Give Up. by DMLords: 11:05am On Sep 03, 2015
liveyourlife:
Get someone to write amazing Blog posts for you
http://build.com.ng/write

Let me write superb content for your site that will give you a break to focus on the other aspects of blogging.

Re: 5 Reasons Bloggers Give Up. by nigeriancuban: 6:26am On Sep 14, 2015
codedtee:

Sorry boss. you got it all wrong. There are bloggers making more than you can ever make in a year in just one week.

Run your race. Wish others well.

Stop badmouthing.
those are the Ines that knows what blogging is,not these our copy paste guys here in naija
Re: 5 Reasons Bloggers Give Up. by Kennyfancy(m): 9:17am On Jul 03, 2016
bolkay47:
I use autopilot on my blog but mind you, i have my own posts too! It has helped me build my traffic (a lot). My biggest source of traffic is the US
pls wht is auto pilot ?
Re: 5 Reasons Bloggers Give Up. by Kennyfancy(m): 9:20am On Jul 03, 2016
BlogOxygen:

Send a mail with your URL to blogoxygen@outlook.com let's give your five free tips from our result of roaming Topeorekoya..com
pls am starting my blog very soon, wht advice do u hav 4 me ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Download All PHP Video Tutorials By Thenewboston / Hot Cheat: How To Get MTN 3000 Airtime, 100 SMS And 100MB / Pls Help-how Do I Stop Bloggers From Copying My Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.