Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,526 members, 7,801,463 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August (437336 Views)

Dangote Refinery Test Invitation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (90) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by Mustay(m): 11:53am On Aug 16, 2015
Anyi3:
oapeleo1...

Your write up makes sense. Really sounds like a scam. But someone posted a page of the newspaper. Abi the scamming don reach that level?

Well, if you notice, newspapers like Guardian and Punch keep posting the caveat that they bear no responsibility for job adverts. Thus, they have provided the leeway for all sorts.

To your question, yes. Scamming has got to that level. It's up to the organization to issue a disclaimer or the sort.
Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by Anyi3(m): 12:54pm On Aug 16, 2015
Mustay:

Well, if you notice, newspapers like Guardian and Punch keep posting the caveat that they bear no responsibility for job adverts. Thus, they have provided the leeway for all sorts.

To your question, yes. Scamming has got to that level. It's up to the organization to issue a disclaimer or the sort.

Dude do you know how much it costs to get a full page in a newspaper, I doubt scamming don reach that level biko. Besides a scammer would not like to leave a trail because putting that advert exposes him/her.

Unless like someone said, the image was photoshopped. Once someone can confirm they used their korokoro eye to see the hard paper newspaper, it's for real.
Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by sagbar(m): 1:12pm On Aug 16, 2015
It's real...I won't say more than that!
Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by shinaboy: 2:21pm On Aug 16, 2015
@Mekzyjoe

Please can you confirm this for us.

Thank you
Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by shinaboy: 2:32pm On Aug 16, 2015
sagbar:
It's real...I won't say more than that!

Do you work there?
Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by luvprince4real(m): 3:17pm On Aug 16, 2015
y ar u all even behaving as if them face una with gun to apply? If u ar not sure abt it then back off and allow others to apply afterall nobody has asked u to pay any money.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by Romeozigs: 3:20pm On Aug 16, 2015
i sent my app yestday bt wasnt going thru.got failure delivery
Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by jaybros: 7:46pm On Aug 16, 2015
K :-Xai.....www.dangote projects.com site is ...........
Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by Mustay(m): 11:12pm On Aug 16, 2015
Anyi3:

Dude do you know how much it costs to get a full page in a newspaper, I doubt scamming don reach that level biko. Be
sides a scammer would not like to leave a trail because putting that advert exposes him/her.

Unless like someone said, the image was photoshopped. Once someone can confirm they used their korokoro eye to see the hard paper newspaper, it's for real.

I wrote from EXPERIENCE.
Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by Anyi3(m): 11:19pm On Aug 16, 2015
Mustay:

I wrote from EXPERIENCE.

I know this small rectangles of job adverts in newspapers could be cheap and can be used, but full page...

So was it a "Full page of newspaper" experience

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by Mustay(m): 11:31pm On Aug 16, 2015
Anyi3:

I know this small rectangles of job adverts in newspapers could be cheap and can be used, but full page...

So was it a "Full page of newspaper" experience

Yes. In an instance, a O&G had to publish a 'rebuttal' later.
Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by mekzyjoe(m): 12:00am On Aug 17, 2015
shinaboy:
@Mekzyjoe

Please can you confirm this for us.

Thank you
. Sure
Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by deluxecad(m): 7:33am On Aug 17, 2015
ABDULADINO:
Why is it a scam?

THIS.

Check the web site.
Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by nel4k(m): 3:33pm On Aug 17, 2015
I JUST GOT A MAIL FROM DANGOTE STATING I SHOULD REGISTER.
Dear Applicant,

As part of the on-going recruitment process, you are required to log-on to the Dangote Recruitment Portal at: https://careers.dangote-group.com

Register

Apply for your desired Vacancy

And if you meet the requirements, you would be contacted shortly.

Sorry for the inconveniences

Thank you for your co-operation.
Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by obiscolly(m): 4:24pm On Aug 17, 2015
nel4k:
I JUST GOT A MAIL FROM DANGOTE STATING I SHOULD REGISTER.
Dear Applicant,

As part of the on-going recruitment process, you are required to log-on to the Dangote Recruitment Portal at: https://careers.dangote-group.com

Register

Apply for your desired Vacancy

And if you meet the requirements, you would be contacted shortly.

Sorry for the inconveniences

Thank you for your co-operation.
Got the same mail. Have you been able to apply on the site? Registration is proving impossible.
Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by Anyi3(m): 4:52pm On Aug 17, 2015
@ obiscolly and nel4k

That site looks real. It is powered by TMI which is a real company in India.

However, why on earth would a firm be asking for Voter ID and passport number. I'm scared of dropping my passport number after loads of people just said we should be mindful of identity theft. As for voter ID number, I have no idea why any sane organisation wants this

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by arshavineering(m): 5:00pm On Aug 17, 2015
Anyi3:
@ obiscolly and nel4k

That site looks real. It is powered by TMI which is a real company in India.

However, why on earth would a firm be asking for Voter ID and passport number. I'm scared of dropping my passport number after loads of people just said we should be mindful of identity theft. As for voter ID number, I have no idea why any sane organisation wants this

one thing i dislike in some peeps in nairaland is their "ITK (I Too Know)" attitude.. tufiakwa
Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by Anyi3(m): 5:10pm On Aug 17, 2015
arshavineering:

one thing i dislike in some peeps in nairaland is their "ITK (I Too Know)" attitude.. tufiakwa

Excuse me. I'm not here for you to like or dislike me. I'm airing my views, the fact it doesn't make sense to you doesn't mean you should drop any insultive/condescending message for me.

I have noticed your stance, try not to quote me again.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by karleone(m): 5:32pm On Aug 17, 2015
The City option in mine is not opening. Who's in dis with me?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by Anyi3(m): 5:35pm On Aug 17, 2015
karleone:
The City option in mine is not opening.
Who's in dis with me?

Load another country then load Nigeria again.

That's how mine worked
Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by Nobody: 5:36pm On Aug 17, 2015
Guys, please can I still apply?

Just wanna know if the deadline has not elapsed.
Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by Anyi3(m): 5:41pm On Aug 17, 2015
elnino2015:
Guys, please can I still apply?

Just wanna know if the deadline has not elapsed.

Just go to the site and apply.

I just finished the application process and I have to say it is not a scam.
Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by Mbkite(m): 5:50pm On Aug 17, 2015
whether scam or no scam, make una apply. na human being dem dey scam not animal
Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by AKINSULU: 6:09pm On Aug 17, 2015
If i may ask why is the recruitment site different from the real dangote site?
Why are these openings not pasted on the career section of Dangote real site?
If anybody can answer these questions, i will believe it is not a scam.
Also check the FAQs on these new site, it is all about recruitment which is not suppose to be.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by luvprince4real(m): 6:11pm On Aug 17, 2015
Anyi3:

Just go to the site and apply.

I just finished the application process and I have to say it is not a scam.
what site ar u guys talking about? What I saw was just an email address where I sent my application and credentials.
Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by Anyi3(m): 6:14pm On Aug 17, 2015
Mbkite:
whether scam or no scam, make una apply. na human being dem dey scam not animal

Lol my brother, good point.

AKINSULU:
If i may ask why is the recruitment site different from the real dangote site?
Why are these openings not pasted on the career section of Dangote real site?
If anybody can answer these questions, i will believe it is not a scam.
Also check the FAQs on these new site, it is all about recruitment which is not suppose to be.

The guy above has replied you but if you're still doubting click on Contact Us on that site. It would take you to the Dangote official site.

Remember this is a new arm of his business and they are recruiting about 50 for each position. That might explain the need for a new site.
Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by faith2ogesco(m): 6:16pm On Aug 17, 2015
I smell scam. undecided no harm tho.
Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by Mbkite(m): 6:20pm On Aug 17, 2015
Anyi3 u dnt nid to xplain to anyone if d job is a scam or nt. If anybody feels it's a scam, let him nt apply.
Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by Mbkite(m): 6:22pm On Aug 17, 2015
faith2ogesco:
I smell scam. undecided no harm tho.
dnt apply
Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by AKINSULU: 6:25pm On Aug 17, 2015
If u have applied, tell me the stages involved after registration and also try to login with your user name and password if it will allow you, try the password retrieve if it will recognise your email address. Let someone try this and give me a feedback.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (90) (Reply)

Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting / Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.