Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,858 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

Ford Ready To Start Assembling Trucks In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ford Ready To Start Assembling Trucks In Nigeria (756 Views)

Buhari Has Betrayed Youths By Assembling Analogue Ministers – LP / Tanker fire kills one, burns 3 trucks in Lagos / Ford Set To Start Assembling Cars In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ford Ready To Start Assembling Trucks In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:09pm On Aug 11, 2015
Ford ready to start assembling trucks in Nigeria

.....................................................[img]http://s1.reutersmedia.net/resources/r/?m=02&d=20120626&t=2&i=623276102&w=644&fh=&fw=&ll=&pl=&sq=&r=CBRE85P11AV00[/img]
Ford plant

August 11, 2015

Leading automobile company, Ford, has disclosed its plans to begin assembling its best-selling pickup trucks in Nigeria by the fourth quarter of 2015. Jeff Nemeth, president of Ford motor company’s business in sub-Saharan Africa, said the move was in line with the company’s expansion plan in Africa and the Middle East.

“Nigeria is a priority market for us in sub-Saharan Africa,” he told Reuters.

“Depending on how Nigeria develops over time, we are potentially looking at using our Nigerian plant to service West Africa.”

The Nigerian assembly plant which would be in partnership with Coscharis motors limited, a Ford dealer in Nigeria, is the first outside South Africa, where Ford produces the Ranger for 148 markets.

Nemeth went on to say the auto market in Africa’s largest economy has huge potential but retails only a small amount of new vehicles annually. He added that the plant will have the capacity to assemble up to 5,000 units annually and that the vehicles will be sold in Nigeria.

“It would take between 1 to 2 months to take an order, build it and deliver it within the country. If you order from overseas it would take between 4 to 6 months,” he said.

In July, Volkswagen reopened its assembling plant in Nigeria after 20 years, with Renault-Nissan, and South Korea’s Kia motors also expressing their intent to do the same. Ford produces 85,000 units each year in South Africa, which are sold across 24 African countries.

Read more at: https://www.thecable.ng/ford-begin-a...s-nigeria-2015
Re: Ford Ready To Start Assembling Trucks In Nigeria by debeo: 11:14pm On Aug 11, 2015
1 almost down, plenty others to go

TeamTearRubber2017
Re: Ford Ready To Start Assembling Trucks In Nigeria by olaide92(m): 11:22pm On Aug 11, 2015
correct
Re: Ford Ready To Start Assembling Trucks In Nigeria by Demmocrats(m): 11:26pm On Aug 11, 2015
Cool
Re: Ford Ready To Start Assembling Trucks In Nigeria by kennydee05(m): 11:49pm On Aug 11, 2015
Good development.
Everything are just fallen into right places.
God please don't let me be excluded from this great happening in Nigeria
Re: Ford Ready To Start Assembling Trucks In Nigeria by kennydee05(m): 11:50pm On Aug 11, 2015
debeo:
1 almost down, plenty others to go

TeamTearRubber2017
You are not almost down, the difference between you and the next person is 8 minutes.
Do u know what 8 minutes van do to a student in the examination hall or to Messi on the field of play?
Re: Ford Ready To Start Assembling Trucks In Nigeria by debeo: 12:29am On Aug 12, 2015
kennydee05:

You are not almost down, the difference between you and the next person is 8 minutes.
Do u know what 8 minutes van do to a student in the examination hall or to Messi on the field of play?

I want to believe you are misquoting me

What I mean by 1 almost down is that finally vehicle assembling plants will once again be working in Nigeria

That was why I ended with teamtearrubber2017, cos tokunbo and mechanic wahala don tire me

Am not an FTC freak bro

Pls read my post again with what I've said in mind, not with what u be in mind

My1cent
Re: Ford Ready To Start Assembling Trucks In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:03am On Aug 12, 2015
He did his best for this country but because he is from minority tribe they conspired against him, ethnically, slammed him with all manner of accusations and hounded him out of office.

He is out of office but his programmes and policies are still standing tall, because they were well intentioned and well thought out. Even his enemies now try to lay claim to some of his legacies.

God bless GEJ, the father of Nigeria's democracy and a great ambassador of peace!

Cc: lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Ford Ready To Start Assembling Trucks In Nigeria by ghananotnaija(m): 2:57am On Aug 12, 2015
They should build the trucks in Ghana, where there is a reliable power supply. Ecowas makes a single market anyways.
Re: Ford Ready To Start Assembling Trucks In Nigeria by ROCKJ1(m): 3:03am On Aug 12, 2015
Good... but how many people can afford brand new cars and trucks?

1 Like

Re: Ford Ready To Start Assembling Trucks In Nigeria by UmuEri(m): 3:32am On Aug 12, 2015
Its okay, but i hope the assembly plant will not be at Lagos or Abuja. I can see a deliberate conspiracy by some forces to always hijack industrial development to their region, then turns back to claim "Yolobas control industry".

Please also remember that Port-Harcourt, Enugu, Kanu, Binin, sokoto, Onitsha etc are also part of Nigeria!

(1) (Reply)

AFDB President Adesina Slams Oshiomole. / Ekiti Speaker Blasts Gov. Fayose / Anti-corru Ption War: You’re On Your Own, Pdp Tells Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.