Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,707 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:34 PM

Four Students Break First Class Jinx In UNILORIN Economics Department - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Four Students Break First Class Jinx In UNILORIN Economics Department (36412 Views)

Big Cobra Killed In Unilorin’s Female Hostel, After Months Of Cohabitation / OAU Suspends Four Students Over Protest / Four Students Break First Class Jinx In UNILORIN Economics Department (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Four Students Break First Class Jinx In UNILORIN Economics Department by ayokunlei(m): 11:40pm On Aug 12, 2015
ademoladeji:

Jinx are meant to be broken...

The year (2009) I graduated, the faculty, Engineering, only had 3 1st class, 2 from electrical, 1 from Mechanical, 0 from Civil and 0 from Agric. Now, I learnt that Civil produced like 4 or 5 last year...

Before I grad, no soul ever had 1st class... Buh now, dem sey na Pure water cheesy

hmmmm... Mrintelligent must hear this

2 Likes

Re: Four Students Break First Class Jinx In UNILORIN Economics Department by ayokunlei(m): 11:42pm On Aug 12, 2015
Nonychinonso:
congratulation to them,
hmmmnn, Butanep must hear this
Re: Four Students Break First Class Jinx In UNILORIN Economics Department by butanep(m): 11:53pm On Aug 12, 2015
ayokunlei:

hmmmnn, Butanep must hear this
What is so special about it that I must hear?

... because they broke a first class jinx or what? that is not a new scenerio in our university system.

How does that reduces the rate of unemployment in the country?

First class is excellent but I think it's overrated here in Nigeria that's the reason we keep producing Engineers that can't design engines or plans, computer scientist that can't design a software or a program and economics that can't analyze the best economic practice that can develop the Nation.

Congrat to them...its not a special adventure to me
Re: Four Students Break First Class Jinx In UNILORIN Economics Department by ayokunlei(m): 11:54pm On Aug 12, 2015
butanep:
What is so special about it that I must hear?

... because they broke a first class jinx or what? that is not a new scenerio in our university system.

How does that reduces the rate of unemployment in the country?

First class is excellent but I think it's overrated here in Nigeria that's the reason we keep producing Engineers that can't design engines or plans, computer scientist that can't design a software or a program and economics that can't analyze the best economic practice that can develop the Nation.

Congrat to them...its not a special adventure to me

butanep, our friend
Re: Four Students Break First Class Jinx In UNILORIN Economics Department by butanep(m): 11:59pm On Aug 12, 2015
ayokunlei:

butanep, our friend
ayokunlei our brethren...
Re: Four Students Break First Class Jinx In UNILORIN Economics Department by Esdb3: 12:34am On Aug 13, 2015
Lovren:
.. A typical example of a Loser s mentality.. Argue wif the mirror.

One, I didn't quote you. Secondly, if you think that doesn't happen then you are one of the negligents that just went to school but didn't know how the system works.

If you don't know things just shut up about em!
Re: Four Students Break First Class Jinx In UNILORIN Economics Department by Nobody: 2:35am On Aug 13, 2015
ayokunlei:

@ read sotey my left eye migrate to the right eye...
Are u in Civil? Doc. Oduola is a very rare gem in faculty of engr...
Congrats o o , Abeg, beep me make I come chop rice for convocation day o
I Don graduate now, he don tey o no be 3yrs self
Re: Four Students Break First Class Jinx In UNILORIN Economics Department by jdahyor: 5:40am On Aug 13, 2015
Do you aspire to study abroad? turn up for credible admission to study in CHINA to study any course of your choice such as, Medicine and surgery, Nursing, Pharmacy Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, Computer and Telecommunication engineering... and so on in both Undergraduate and Post Graduate level...contact +8615604041502 or olawuyiadedayoo@gmail.com or add jdahyor on skype
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I CAN HELP YOU GET INTO CHINA'S UNIVERSITIES. CONVENIENT AND RELIABLE. CONTACT +8615604041502 or Olawuyiadedayoo@gmail.com or Jdahyor on skype

China has become one of the most popular study abroad destinations for international student because of its long history and exiciting culture. In 2013, more than 320,000 students from over 180 countries come to China to sudy for either degree or non-degree programs. Here are five resons to join them:
1. TRAVEL AND EXPLORATION
Studying in China is an excellent opportunity to explore the world's most populous country. You will experience China's unique blend of ancient and modern civilization, as well as its scenic beauty and bustling nightlife. Visit new places with other students from around the world who you meet, and you'll find yourself opening your eyes not just to China, but to the whole world.

The sheer size of China's territory means a tremendous variety of climates, cultures and landscapes await. Head northeast to Harbin to enjoy the ice festival, hit the ski slopes or just to see the water in your eyes form icicles around your eyelashes. If -25°C sounds a little too cold, then head south to the tropical beach paradise of Hainan Island and kick back in the sunshine.

Thanks to a well-developed and modern transportation infrastructure, it is convenient and inexpensive to get around in China. All cities are well-served by buses and taxis, and larger cities have modern subway systems. For long-distance travel, every city can be reached by airplane or train. China's high-speed railway reaches a maximum speed of over 300 km/h and provides beds as well as dining services.

2. IT'S AFFORDABLE
Studying and living in China is cheaper than studying and living in European countries, the U.S., Japan, South Korea and many other countries.

For example, for non-EU citizens the tuition fee for studying at a UK university is at least 7000 pounds (about 10,000 U.S. dollars) annually. The cost of living can even reach up to 13,000 pounds. Meanwhile, the United States and Australia have the world's most expensive tuition fees.

Even in other parts of Asia studying is not cheap. Japan boasts high living expenses soaring up to 1800 dollars a month, while South Korea is one of the world's five most expensive countries for foreign residents.

On the other hand, in China, the tuition fees per semester are generally no more than 1000 U.S. dollars, a number of short-term language courses cost just a few hundred dollars. Food and consumption in China are as affordable as it gets. A good pair of jeans sells for 10-20 U.S. dollars, the bus fare only 15 cents, and a subway ticket in Beijing only 30 cents. All in all, everything is more than affordable in China; it's cheap! Find out more about Living in China.

3. EMPLOYMENT ADVANTAGE
The current rise of China has made it very clear that people who can speak Chinese and have firsthand experience of living in China are going to have a great advantage in terms of employment. China serves as a huge market for multinational corporations, and employers are well aware that a real understanding of China, Chinese culture and Chinese people is a big plus for those who want to become the world's next generation of leaders.

4. QUALITY OF EDUCATION AND INTERNATIONAL RECOGNITION.
China is striving to build more world-class universities, and investing heavily in higher education. Aside from China's unique Chinese language, calligraphy, martial arts and other cultural subjects, Chinese degree programs in majors such as engineering, science, medicine, economics and trade, MBA as well as finance are highly revered. As for those who don't know any Chinese, many universities offer degree programs taught in English, so you can earn your degree while learning the most widely spoken language in the world.

The academic qualifications awarded by Chinese universities are recognized by most developed countries. The Chinese government has signed an agreement on mutual recognition of academic qualifications with a number of countries including the United States, Britain, France, Japan and 65 other countries and regions.

5. EXPERIENCING THE CULTURE FIRSTHAND.
Though it may surprise many, Chinese culture and people are extremely diverse and multicultural, consisting of 56 different ethnicities. For example, in Lijiang, in the southern province of Yunnan, twelve different minorities have dwelled together in social harmony for thousands of years, practicing an array of religions spanning from Chinese Buddhism, Taoism, Christianity, and Islam, to many lesser known ones like Tibetan Buddhism and Bimo Religion of Baiyi.

you'll run into unique customs as you travel to different parts of China, but everyday life, believe it or not, will be just as new and fulfilling. Living and interacting with local Chinese and immersing yourself in Chinese society will provide you with a new way of visualizing the world and giving you the kind of insight that just doesn't come from textbooks.
Re: Four Students Break First Class Jinx In UNILORIN Economics Department by mrintelligent(m): 6:07am On Aug 13, 2015
ayokunlei:

hmmmm... Mrintelligent must hear this

Yes, I have heard. Thank God the jinx was broken. grin grin
Re: Four Students Break First Class Jinx In UNILORIN Economics Department by easyman999: 6:29am On Aug 13, 2015
This one na tested and trusted? Abi na tested and with money grade?!lol...if trusted congratulobia.....
Re: Four Students Break First Class Jinx In UNILORIN Economics Department by oladoja1(m): 6:46am On Aug 13, 2015
we d greatest unilorites. we are Better by Far
Re: Four Students Break First Class Jinx In UNILORIN Economics Department by Lovren(m): 8:12am On Aug 13, 2015
Esdb3:

One, I didn't quote you. Secondly, if you think that doesn't happen then you are one of the negligents that just went to school but didn't know how the system works.

If you don't know things just shut up about em!
.. kip blaming the system for ur failure.... Ur mates who are christian kip bagging First clss grades wif scholarship combine. Sit dr and kip making noise. And like I said, kindly argue wif a mirror........ The dodo should kip frying sha oh.
Re: Four Students Break First Class Jinx In UNILORIN Economics Department by Realex007: 9:22am On Aug 13, 2015
That's my squad. Ogunniran Adedayo.. We read together. He strived hard all sessions. His Sundays aren't even free. I'm proud of him. Praise us wey get 2:1 too.. We try na.
Re: Four Students Break First Class Jinx In UNILORIN Economics Department by lakeside04(m): 9:41am On Aug 13, 2015
Bruh, Political Science produced 9 First Class Graduates....We are goin to produce more dan 4 in our set 2017/2018
Re: Four Students Break First Class Jinx In UNILORIN Economics Department by lakeside04(m): 9:46am On Aug 13, 2015
Frostty:
.u beta seek forgiveness frm God.Usman is even thr present Hod.
Dr Bello is still dere o
Re: Four Students Break First Class Jinx In UNILORIN Economics Department by olu1759(m): 9:59am On Aug 13, 2015
Congratulations to them,the next record I want to hear is the best graduating student of ilorin,my then lecturer is still holding that record,God knows since when,Dr Adeniyi Raphael,4.98 Department of Mathematics.....since then dem no gree make anybody overtake am..looking forward to that news.
Re: Four Students Break First Class Jinx In UNILORIN Economics Department by olu1759(m): 10:02am On Aug 13, 2015
lakeside04:
Bruh, Political Science produced 9 First Class Graduates....We are goin to produce more dan 4 in our set 2017/2018
bruh,unilorin or unilorin secondary school?I'm confused,9 first class?Abeg,shed lite.
Re: Four Students Break First Class Jinx In UNILORIN Economics Department by ayokunlei(m): 10:09am On Aug 13, 2015
southniyikaye:
grin
southniyikaye:
Re: Four Students Break First Class Jinx In UNILORIN Economics Department by ayokunlei(m): 10:13am On Aug 13, 2015
butanep:
ayokunlei our brethren...
i just dey greet you ni, no be say i wan argue. But u too like typing o o@ d 1st mention
Re: Four Students Break First Class Jinx In UNILORIN Economics Department by Ultimate001: 10:29am On Aug 13, 2015
crowther15:
The department of economics university of Ilorin was created in 1978 that is 3yrs after the establishment of the school. Since then department of economics has recorded no first class graduate due to some reason. Buh now cheesy God don win ooo grin with four first class. We have department that is yet to produce first class graduate they are sociology and political science they hardy had 2 1 embarassed

Congrats to them........... let celebrate tomorrow minister of finance wink
Good to knw! This class of 2015 though!
I'm a unilorite too....Pls, hlp me send their names. I want to knw if Grace, Omobola, Borokini nd dat ur 100L scholar r all included in dat list.
Re: Four Students Break First Class Jinx In UNILORIN Economics Department by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 13, 2015
Esdb3:

Was he a christian because they hate Christians in that school like.
sorry they don't hate Muslims. They are Muslims. Abdussalam and Idris. Whosoever fed you those lies must be...? Well I guess its because those silly Drs are now professors, that's why they repented.
Re: Four Students Break First Class Jinx In UNILORIN Economics Department by topspicy(f): 11:56am On Aug 13, 2015
Congrats to them
Re: Four Students Break First Class Jinx In UNILORIN Economics Department by oyeezah(f): 1:17pm On Aug 13, 2015
congrats to them
Re: Four Students Break First Class Jinx In UNILORIN Economics Department by Realex007: 2:34pm On Aug 13, 2015
Ultimate001:

I'm a unilorite too....Pls, hlp me send their names. I want to knw if Grace, Omobola, Borokini nd dat ur 100L scholar r all included in dat list.
Grace nd borokini nd d100l scholar is there.. Bola dropped
Re: Four Students Break First Class Jinx In UNILORIN Economics Department by Bimpe29: 3:08pm On Aug 13, 2015
Frostty:
.u beta seek forgiveness frm God.Usman is even thr present Hod.

May God forgive me of my flaws ameen.
Re: Four Students Break First Class Jinx In UNILORIN Economics Department by butanep(m): 3:20pm On Aug 13, 2015
ayokunlei:

i just dey greet you ni, no be say i wan argue. But u too like typing o o@ d 1st mention
Na me greet you pass ni...

Lol... I really don't like typing but like putting things in the right way...

How are you? How is school? Make sure you get a first class ooo...
Re: Four Students Break First Class Jinx In UNILORIN Economics Department by crowther15(m): 3:20pm On Aug 13, 2015
Ultimate001:

Yh....... Grace and borokini
Re: Four Students Break First Class Jinx In UNILORIN Economics Department by ayokunlei(m): 3:37pm On Aug 13, 2015
butanep:
Na me greet you pass ni...

Lol... I really don't like typing but like putting things in the right way...

How are you? How is school? Make sure you get a first class ooo...

I dey alright o, by God's grace o, I dey work towards am gidi gan o.
@putting things in the right order, its good. I think u av a perfectionist trait.
What course did you study?
Re: Four Students Break First Class Jinx In UNILORIN Economics Department by Esdb3: 6:41pm On Aug 13, 2015
handsomeclouds:
sorry they don't hate Muslims. They are Muslims. Abdussalam and Idris. Whosoever fed you those lies must be...? Well I guess its because those silly Drs are now professors, that's why they repented.

Dude it is common knowledge. Why else would they force 100L christian students to learn 'how peaceful islam is'
Re: Four Students Break First Class Jinx In UNILORIN Economics Department by Esdb3: 6:50pm On Aug 13, 2015
Lovren:
.. kip blaming the system for ur failure.... Ur mates who are christian kip bagging First clss grades wif scholarship combine. Sit dr and kip making noise. And like I said, kindly argue wif a mirror........ The dodo should kip frying sha oh.

So you failed? Because I don't know who failed who you are referring to
Re: Four Students Break First Class Jinx In UNILORIN Economics Department by ayokunlei(m): 8:14pm On Aug 13, 2015
Realex007:
That's my squad. Ogunniran Adedayo.. We read together. He strived hard all sessions. His Sundays aren't even free. I'm proud of him. Praise us wey get 2:1 too.. We try na.

Upper no be sere sere o, kudos!!
Re: Four Students Break First Class Jinx In UNILORIN Economics Department by butanep(m): 8:41pm On Aug 13, 2015
ayokunlei:

I dey alright o, by God's grace o, I dey work towards am gidi gan o.
@putting things in the right order, its good. I think u av a perfectionist trait.
What course did you study?
The most important thing is to do your best to get a marketable result and innovative brain. Nothing bad in aspiring for the best.

No one is really perfect. We are in a global village where everyone is learning on a daily basis.

I studied Geology.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kuranga Aishat, Unilorin Student Missing (Photo) / That Student Of Bowen University Impregnated VC's Wife Is False - Twitter User / Adekunle Ajasin University Ondo Shut Down Over Protest. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.