Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

"Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol (67474 Views)

Noise About Abobaku Online.....the Culture Has Been Abolished Years Ago. / (PHOTO) "The Abobaku Of Ooni Of Ife Found And Will Be Buried Alongside The King" / Photo: The Abobaku, Man To Be Buried Alive With The Late Ooni (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol by Benedict44(m): 11:28am On Aug 12, 2015
na waa...yoruba tradition is bad ooo
Re: "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol by AreaFada2: 11:28am On Aug 12, 2015
I think na joke be this. Even in Benin with a lot of conc tradition, such has been done away with for long now. What happens to dog, cow, ram, goat, chicken, etc?
Re: "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol by rotexteymie(f): 11:28am On Aug 12, 2015
grin ko easy naw
Re: "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol by godoluwa(m): 11:28am On Aug 12, 2015
ntin like abobaku in yorubaland again.

1 Like

Re: "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol by Acidosis(m): 11:28am On Aug 12, 2015
Those who want to kill a grown man in the name of a dead king should be jailed and chained eternally.

6 Likes

Re: "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol by Touchforfree(m): 11:29am On Aug 12, 2015
gabazin080:
Some people no just get brain at all. Why would someone take such title. What if he is installed today and the king dies tomorrow

D man dined & wined with d king but he fled now. But if na me, na to run be d best option o.

Wetin dem go take kill d man sef, na gun, cutlass or juju abi na to bury him alive with d late king who tasted life @ its fullest.

I even heard d Abobakus has right to taste any Olori he want with d King's knowledge; na true ?.

grin

grin

grin

4 Likes

Re: "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol by ndidibabe(f): 11:30am On Aug 12, 2015
Yoruba people and their crazy culture. Na so I marry my yoruba husband finish, the family come dey call me Sinmisola. I had to fight it out with all of them to call me my real name- ndidiamaka. Why will they want to change my name to a yoruba name simply because i am married to their son?

6 Likes

Re: "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol by Akinz0126(m): 11:30am On Aug 12, 2015
Where him wan run to now way yoruba deity no go catch am?shabi him dey enjoy the tittle. When the king dey alive together with the gudi gudi but now way the king don enter Aja him shocked come open.chai aboba ku
Re: "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol by ACHIEVERBA: 11:31am On Aug 12, 2015
sharp guy!!!

na who wan die...lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol by 1miccza: 11:32am On Aug 12, 2015
Paschal001:
. Hahahaha

So this kind of tin exists in Nigeria..

My guy run for your life... .
No be the king born u joor

My brother "Abobaku na name abeg è... Take offf meeennn!!!!!

1 Like

Re: "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol by Nobody: 11:32am On Aug 12, 2015
angry angry in this 21st century?in china a kid is presently designing the 1st car to move on water,you guys re here doing abubu ku abi na abubakar abi na buran ubanka??

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol by CoCoLav(f): 11:34am On Aug 12, 2015
The oracle will find him and bring him back dead or alive
Abi has he forgotten the sacrifices and rituals he undertook after being chosen?

1 Like

Re: "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol by estatelinks(m): 11:34am On Aug 12, 2015
but i hope you guys know that as an Abobaku, you are entitled to all the privileges that an Oba enjoys, in other words; he has lived his life to the fullest and the position is optional not a forced one.

1 Like

Re: "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol by gabazin080(m): 11:34am On Aug 12, 2015
Touchforfree:

D man dined & wined with d king but he fled now. But if na me, na to run be d best option o.

Wetin dem go take kill d man sef, na gun, cutlass or juju abi na to bury him alive with d late king who tasted life @ its fullest.

I even heard d Abobakus has right to taste any Olori he want with d King's knowledge; na true ?.

grin

grin

grin
bro you suppose don ask pesin wey tell you o.
As for me, I never hear that one before o

1 Like

Re: "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol by adegeye38(m): 11:34am On Aug 12, 2015
very backward and primitive ,but he knew what he was getting to in d first place ,bt if he is still in d country he should contact me so i can arrange a new identity ASAP for him and his family to be extradicted to a county settlement in eastern russia where even the federal government wont find them.
offer valid bt not for long abobaku.

1 Like

Re: "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol by hyelhira: 11:35am On Aug 12, 2015
Death and the King's Horseman..
Re: "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol by Brainiacmrtolz(m): 11:35am On Aug 12, 2015
he perhaps never new the king will die one day. maybe the was supposed to live forever.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol by Billygee2u: 11:37am On Aug 12, 2015
brooklyn49:
It is on record that late Dr. Abubakar Olusola Sarki
investigated the mysterious disappearance of US
$2.8 Billion from the NNPC account in Midlands
Bank in the United Kingdom, during Buhari’s
stewardship in 1976. It was discovered that the
money was traced to General Mohammadu
Buhari's foreign bank account. Then Nigeria
Broadcasting Corporation news caster, Miss Dora
Ifudu, reported the interview where the disclosure
was made. As a result she was dismissed from her
job. She took Nigeria Broadcasting Corporation to
court, won her case and was exonerated and
reinstated. US$2.8 stolen in 1976 will amount to
how much today? Much more than the total sums
bandied around against Jonathan's
administration.
Re: "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol by damiloladuke: 11:37am On Aug 12, 2015
if na your brother?

meanwhile if you wanna laugh tire today
CHECK MY SIGNATURE TO READ MY FUNNY SECRET DIARY
Re: "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol by dammix(m): 11:37am On Aug 12, 2015
Start your day with a SMILE by downloading 'GIVE ME A SMILE' MP3 by Akande David Oluwadamilola Download here http://www.datafilehost.com/d/9e09e1d7
Re: "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol by kariit98: 11:37am On Aug 12, 2015
We can't claim to be the most educated and most progressive people in Nigeria and still be glorifying this primitiveness. We are trying so hard to make it funny which it isn't. I'm ashamed. Folks in Ife can't even go about their normal lives because of this.

2 Likes

Re: "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol by lonelydora: 11:37am On Aug 12, 2015
Can't stop laughing.

2 Likes

Re: "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol by arsetalks(m): 11:37am On Aug 12, 2015
So this nonsense still exists. Rubbish traditional. Abobaku ko, Abobadie ni.
Re: "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol by Passionate04040: 11:37am On Aug 12, 2015
Thank God for jesus. So people still practice that barbaric culture?sad :

1 Like

Re: "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol by digitsolution: 11:38am On Aug 12, 2015
So this practice still exists??

For all your branding Contact Digit One Solution for your Branding, Printing, Production & supply of Promotional items, Conference and Training supplies, Stationery, Carrier Bags, Air freshener and many more.

Re: "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol by opeoluwa20(m): 11:38am On Aug 12, 2015
Gone are those days abobaku die with the king,now dem don oen eyes, moni full him account him go come die

3 Likes

Re: "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol by adaxxy: 11:39am On Aug 12, 2015
brooklyn49:
was made. As a result she was dismissed from he
how much today? Much more than the total
sums
Thank God I didn't vote him ,I was in U .k then even if I dey naija I no b go vote him because he's not a saint he claimed to be .

administration.8

Re: "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol by Anapuao(f): 11:39am On Aug 12, 2015
Omg hahaha this so funny... But he knew what was at stake all along nau. The time to run was when he was to be installed as the Abobaku. He would have rejected the offer knowing the consequences.
Re: "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol by ERODEDEAST(f): 11:39am On Aug 12, 2015
brooklyn49:
was made. As a result she was dismissed from her
how much today? Much more than the total sums
administration.
Re: "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol by sylva1(m): 11:40am On Aug 12, 2015
This is quite funny! Why didnt he refuse the title in the first place since he knows the implication? He didnt run while he was dining and wining with the king!

2 Likes

Re: "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol by zulfas: 11:41am On Aug 12, 2015
wink grin grin grin who wan die....

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sanusi's 19-Year-Old Wife, Saadatu Lamido, Stuns In New Photos / Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.