Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,869 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

Eastern Nigeria Development Ideas - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eastern Nigeria Development Ideas (14332 Views)

Eastern Consultative Assembly Elects Nnamdi Kanu As New Leader / How Trump's Victory Will Benefit Eastern Nigeria By Tony Nnadi / List Of Performing Governors Of Eastern Nigeria At The Moment. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eastern Nigeria Development Ideas by ezeagu(m): 7:14pm On Aug 17, 2015

6 Likes

Re: Eastern Nigeria Development Ideas by londoner: 7:37am On Aug 18, 2015
asha80:
that they identify with themselves outside does not translate to them being interested in the their ancenstral land...a kind of ok we are living in uk but let us identify with people 'that look like us or have common features with us in this white man's land' kind of attitude which is not different from what other nationals of other countries do...and pls individual Igbos help in their communities and towns especially the wealthy ones..it is thegovt that is lacking.

I know that some individuals also help and that is because they have to in the absence of working systems but to be honest many young Igbo's abroad do identify with Nigeria and Igboland even more than many Igbo's born and raised in Lagos and Kaduna.

Anyway the point is that we have insight into working systems that those in Nigeria don't have simply because those working systems do not exist there. That is fact. At the moment many efforts of the government at most levels is simply the blind leading the blind.

3 Likes

Re: Eastern Nigeria Development Ideas by londoner: 7:40am On Aug 18, 2015
FrankAba1:

I think you're really out of your league. But hey! Don't quit your day job.

At least come better than that. You are unable to successfully debate the facts in reply.......so you are gracefully bowing out. Okay, its allowed too. Lol
Re: Eastern Nigeria Development Ideas by Nobody: 11:48pm On Aug 19, 2015
You are funny. Well you are welcome to get to know me outside NL.

cheruv:

Adanne..n'ezi a I naeri ukwu anu! kiss
Hope its not bad if I get to know you outside NL
Re: Eastern Nigeria Development Ideas by Nobody: 12:01am On Aug 20, 2015
I know right? I feel you dear.

pazienza:

This is golden. Get off my head sis, you are just echoing what's in my head.
Re: Eastern Nigeria Development Ideas by Nobody: 12:15am On Aug 20, 2015
K i get you. Personally, i support anybody that is working to disintegrate that damnable contraption called nigeria, which has kept my people in perpetual suffering and slavery. Nnamdi Kanu's method may be crude and off-putting to some, but there is no denying the fact that he is exposing everyday, the falsehood and evil that nigeria stands for and for that, i completely support him.

2sex:
hello ma... I just want to clarify something. I am not really against Clamoring for Biafra... I am against the current method being adopted by Nnamdi Kanu. That's all.
Re: Eastern Nigeria Development Ideas by ezeagu(m): 12:20am On Aug 20, 2015
What I'm asking is why can't eastern Nigerians and whoever get rid of people like TA Orji now? These so called leaders have been the cause of the lack of progression and even unity, and if there were to ever be a secession they will be in the way, unless a bloody succession takes place. Also, who is going to be the leader of a Biafra. There are so many more extra problems that comes with secession.

1 Like

Re: Eastern Nigeria Development Ideas by cheruv: 6:27am On Aug 20, 2015
nwanlecha:
You are funny. Well you are welcome to get to know me outside NL.

Thanks a lot dear.
I'd follow up with a direct msg wink
Re: Eastern Nigeria Development Ideas by cheruv: 6:47am On Aug 20, 2015
cheruv:

Thanks a lot dear.
I'd follow up with a direct msg wink
I just sent you a msg smiley

cc nwanlecha
Re: Eastern Nigeria Development Ideas by Phut(f): 12:07am On Aug 21, 2015
ezeagu:
I've always been uneasy about coastal protection in the coastal areas. Levee and other forms of protection from the sea should be in place since rising sea levels suggest that Bayelsa is in greatest danger of being taken by the sea.

Ezeagu, why do you keep talking about Bayelsa, Cross River State, Akwaibom etc? All those places are "South - South". They will be the first to tell you that and accuse you of land grabbing if you attempt to foster any kind of Unity. Threads to that effect abound on NL.

I think we have our hands full (over-full sef) and thus should focus on Anambra, Imo, Enugu, Abia, Ebonyi and some parts of Delta, Rivers State and Benue State

1 Like

Re: Eastern Nigeria Development Ideas by Phut(f): 12:15am On Aug 21, 2015
CuckoldMaster:
Before development, Igbos must first love themselves, love their land, work together, invest in their land and develop common goals and interests. Igbos must see Delta, C/R, A/K, Rivers and Bayelsa as their blood brothers.

It goes both ways. As you see them as blood brothers, they must also see you as a blood brother. Otherwise it is an exercise in futility. Igbo's definitely played their part in the support we gave GEJ. Perhaps it is time to look inward
Re: Eastern Nigeria Development Ideas by Phut(f): 12:24am On Aug 21, 2015
excel234:
Hello my people, can we all form a group on Facebook, have working committees in each state to plan on the way forward. Firstly there is a lot of unemployment amongst youth which needs to be tackled. If you're game hit like , I will create one and send the link across.

Excel, please go ahead and form the group. I and many others will join
Re: Eastern Nigeria Development Ideas by Phut(f): 12:31am On Aug 21, 2015
Chiwude:
What has developing Nigeria fetch us these past years if not insults and hatred. Let us think home. Afterall, Charity begins at home. Kudos to the likes of Innoson et al who have already started this phase, history will be fair to them. What is left for us now, is to keep bringing up ideas that can bring about that difference we want in our various communities down east.[b] For instance, If I and some folks can start up a Palm oil export venture in my community, don't you think others may follow suit. For every palm oil plantation in the east, we can situate a Cosmetic and Soap manufacturing factory in the locality.
I know the current embargo of using the ports for economic activities in the east may be an hindrance. But, A booming eastern industry will automatically force open the Eastern ports for importation and exportation of raw materials. Yet, let us first start by thinking home. [/b]Let's think East, at least to prove to the 'Lagos na Yorubaland' chanters that we are indispensable.
This is an absolutely, marvelous idea. Why? Because, we the common man can achieve this even without government input. All we need is to agree and then WORK on it, Pronto! NL members alone can even get this off the ground. While all of this is going on, we can try to get the governors of Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu and Ebonyi working together to achieve the bigger projects (e.g a port). But in the meantime, we must do something

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eastern Nigeria Development Ideas by Phut(f): 12:38am On Aug 21, 2015
londoner:
Op how I wish it were someone like you and not this cancerous KANU that had resulted in Igbo's looking towards their region. One thing Nigeria and Igbos often overlook is its diaspora.

The diaspora is not just people to send money for school fees many of us have positions in the engine rooms of nations Nigeria wants to emulate. Many are privy to how these systems work and are maintained. There needs to be some bridging of ideas and resources. If we can think of state cooperation for mutual benefit that would be a start. I know Obiano is thinking this way and the rest of us have a vested interest in its success.

We have small scale industries that need to be supported and allowed to grow, for example look at the shoe makers and tailors or even those that replicate almost anything at Aba or Onitsha.....we need to be organising them and even developing trade schools and colleges so they can produce world class quality goods and the term 'Aba or Igbo made' will actually have a different connotation. Many times you hear of young talents creating thongs and you never hear of them again after it is no longer news. This should not be so. We should have organisations or crowd funding facilities for their talent to flourish and one day be responsible for breakthrough innovation in Igboland and Nigeria.

Politically I think the diaspora should be more involved by supporting progressive candidates and their grass root ideas. When I say diaspora I mean those that were either born and raised in the diaspora or spent formative years abroad.
This is another great idea for the same reason as mentioned above : it is easily realizable by us the common man. I will donate to a a properly, organized crowd funding (as I am sure will a lot of others). Excel mentioned creating. a Facebook group which I think is a great way of gathering like-minded people together
Re: Eastern Nigeria Development Ideas by Phut(f): 12:54am On Aug 21, 2015
@ Ezeagu:

As far as big projects go, I think a Port (at Onitsha, Oguta or Obuaku) is the most important. I know someone talked about how expensive the dredging and all that is going to be. I would suggest that the governors of the 5 states come together and build. Each state gets a stake depending on how much it contributes to the project. There could even be a Public - Private partnership where well to do people could invest. Of course the Federal Government will only step in to provide the customs officials at the end. Also the Federal Governments share of the revenue will have to be recalculated downwards
Re: Eastern Nigeria Development Ideas by carnegiefan: 1:25am On Aug 21, 2015
There have been many such attempts in the past, but they failed because of the Nigerian factor. You people tend to underestimate the disease that fester from Nigeria. It is a disease that will not go away until Nigeria goes away.

I'll give an example.

When Enugu State, Abia state and Ebonyi (I heard) decided to remove non-state workers from their employment, did they even consider fellow easterners? No. On what basis did they do these silly acts? Under the Nigerian "non-indigene" philosophy. It started with Ahmadu Bello's "North for Northerners" to "Abandoned property", till TA Orji's sacking of non-Abia workers. As you know, Igbo people tend to copy some of the worst political practices from other Nigerian states. In fact they copy evil so much! Today there are Muslims creeping into Ebonyi state (that even offered them free land for schools and mosques), but the same Ebonyi will frustrate Ibeto's efforts to buy Nkalagu cement.
There is a thread here in Nairaland that says "Igbo, respect yourselves". In that thread I tried to counter the OP who made the same points I'm making here, but I know he was speaking the truth to some extent.

Here in Nairaland, you see some Igbo comparing their useless Nigerian SE states as if they have a clue, and you just wonder. It may seem innocous, but you will wonder why SE governors have FAILED in almost 16 years of democracy to pool funds together to embark on ONE, just ONE project that benefit SE. They just can't do it.

That is why Biafra remains the only way, because in Biafra, none of those idiiotic people will smell public service.
Right now, IPOB is a totally new idea of organising and leadership in eastern Nigeria. The philosophy of the group is totally different from anything coming out of the Nigerian jungle. If they sustain such style and culture, I hope they force it on Igbo and eastern Nigerians, for example by using whatever means to stop iidiots from contesting for office, and by promoting pro-Biafran and new philosophy leaders to take over from the Nigerian thieves and selfish retrogrades stifling our internal cohesion, hence our survival.

OP jisie ike because you are a veteran here in Nairaland, but please stay real in your prognostication, and expectations, about this noble idea.

1 Like

Re: Eastern Nigeria Development Ideas by 2sexynet: 9:17am On Aug 13, 2016
Bump cool
Re: Eastern Nigeria Development Ideas by Nobody: 8:20am On Aug 16, 2016
Phut:

It goes both ways. As you see them as blood brothers, they must also see you as a blood brother. Otherwise it is an exercise in futility. Igbo's definitely played their part in the support we gave GEJ. Perhaps it is time to look inward
Yes, shout it loud into their dull skulls. "Its Time To Look Inward", especially with the idiots trying to form brotherhood with backstabbing ingrates. We look after ourselves, from Igbo Delta to Igbo heartland down to Igbo Rivers.

1 Like

Re: Eastern Nigeria Development Ideas by Risken: 8:52am On Dec 14, 2019
ezeagu:

Something like these buildings, you can see not much goes into the cladding, and it's cheaper and sustainable in the long run because you don't have to constantly repaint. The cheaper cement ground cladding can also be seen.

There's a brown tinge of dust because only a minority of the roads are tarred. The dust is from untarred roads and unpaved walkways. If you use cladding, that too will gather dust.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Andrew Otutu Obaseki Dies At 93 / Buhari Doesn't Need To Transmit Letter To NASS —presidency / Jibrilla Bindo Confirmed As Adamawa APC Governorship Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.