Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:53 AM

Soap-making Business In Nigeria - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Soap-making Business In Nigeria (124395 Views)

Soap Making In Nigeria / Soap Making Business Nigeria / Ice Block Making Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soap-making Business In Nigeria by xlency(f): 10:14am On Feb 19, 2015
freetowns:
if you think that soap making business is a good idea and u need an investor in Nigeria or Africa, then i must advice you to join this new company www.businessdens.com . its a pretty new company that tries to find an investor for any good business start ups.

I did a production and added too much water what can I do to thockene it......08138738393/herexcellency0409@gmail.com
Re: Soap-making Business In Nigeria by chistellamaris(f): 11:28pm On Mar 31, 2015
Hello people,please i just med liquid soap and its watery, what can i do to thicken it, wld b expectin ur responses,thnks
Re: Soap-making Business In Nigeria by checkmateman: 10:39am On Oct 15, 2015
Abeg help me, my problem here is quantity; I bought cmc 1/4, texapon 1/2, sulphuric 1, sls 1/4, ash 1/2, caustic soda 1/4. And I use up all of them except for sls which I use half and now the soap the pepper dey for hand as is as if the caustic soda too much please what do I do
Re: Soap-making Business In Nigeria by yinaks: 4:16pm On Nov 04, 2015
can someone kindly respond. I made liquid soap and later realized it wasn't really foaming. I know that the sulphonic acid I used was not enough. please can anyone tell me if it's possible for me to add more after the soap has been produced.
Re: Soap-making Business In Nigeria by Beingunique(f): 11:52pm On Dec 01, 2015
knowledge4:
Dinggle,
Thanks for the safety information provided.
A business that can be operated without electricity,which product is in demand,and can be set up with low funds is good business for anyone to do in our type of economy where many are poor and jobless and no access to capital and bank credits.
However the challenge will be too many producers due to low entry costs and perhaps a saturated soap market. What will then make the difference is one's marketing ability to sell,having a unique selling point,and ability to produce a good quality product.
From what i have learnt on this thread, a soap must be safe for the users,dangerous chemicals should be avoided in the production
How much is the training?
Actually, i am interested in Bar Soap for laundry and Powder Detergent.
How much would it cost to set up the machinery for soap production?
Please shed more light on the training and machine set up.

Pls concerning the bar soap, how do I get the plastic soap mold here in Nigeria. I reside in ijebu ode and I don't want all these common green soap molds. You can reply by email at funmiyusuf14@gmail.com thanks
Re: Soap-making Business In Nigeria by glorieazy(m): 12:31pm On Dec 08, 2015
pls where can I get equipments like mould for my bar soap and desired plastics for my liquid products... within the region of Ibadan and osun state. thanks.
WhatsApp 08162809776
email glorieazy18@gmail.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soap-making Business In Nigeria by viva7: 1:17pm On Dec 19, 2015
Hello,
Where can I get guar gum and euxyl preservative around lagos or delta state
Re: Soap-making Business In Nigeria by honestpoju: 9:12am On Dec 26, 2015
Morning beloved soap makers, I am new here and stumbled upon this thread. I have a few question,
1. After bar soap production, how do you package it, I mean the wraps. I need details pls.
2. How do you market or push this product fast
3. Where can I get a stick blender, moulds
4. For those that have started this business commercially, I need details on registration, agency and all that stuff.
Thanks and God bless you.
Re: Soap-making Business In Nigeria by myvision(m): 5:07am On Feb 02, 2016
Re: Soap-making Business In Nigeria by AKINBIMS: 1:10pm On May 21, 2016
Pls I made liquid soap, after sometime it changes colour and smells bad. Pls what can cause it? Urgent reply is needed Pls...
Re: Soap-making Business In Nigeria by worthygent: 11:26am On May 24, 2016
Did you include some preservatives in your liquid soap? If you did not add the preservatives, then your liquid soap may have some funny results .
www.entrepreneurialjunction..com
Re: Soap-making Business In Nigeria by highrank(m): 12:02pm On Jul 23, 2016
Note that for you to produce a very unique liquid soap,you need to know the function of various chemicals;
!.Caustic Soda:It is used as abase during detergent production;it serves as stain remover
2.Sulphonic acid:It is an organic acid which neutralizes the basic effect of caustic soda:it serves as foaming agent.
3.S.T.P.P(Sodium Tripolly Phosphate):It serves as anti spotting agent,it helps to soften water and also ensure stability of liquid detergents.
4.Formalin:It serves as preservative
5.Perfume:It gives good and pleasant smell to the soap.
6.It is a thicken agent.
www.excellentwealthsolution.com
Re: Soap-making Business In Nigeria by odutolusegun(m): 9:33am On Sep 10, 2016
hannie:

what has Soda Ash got to do with Laurel Sulfate? shocked

and what has my recipe containing Guar gum and emulsifying wax got to do with Natrosol? are u kidding me? shocked

I produce liquid soap that ARGUABLY cant be bettered by anybody nor factory so I dont understand why u feel Guar gum and emulsifying wax will give more consistent results, as far as I know we are not talking of HOME-MADE LIQUID SOAP here grin

1 Like

Re: Soap-making Business In Nigeria by auwalshady(m): 4:04pm On Sep 10, 2016
if you are still in search of where to get chemicals for your all kinds of soap making ,u can call 08032412262 .for wholesale price of chemicals like soda ash dense and caustic soda and stpp.u can add me up on whatsapp.
Re: Soap-making Business In Nigeria by jummyontop(f): 9:41am On Nov 29, 2016
Hi Nairalanders, I just made liquid soap and even added booster, thinking I could get something similar to Morning fresh/mama lemon, but my challenge is that it foams in clean water, but immediately it comes in contact with dirts or oil, it stops foaming. Please what can I do to avoid this?
Re: Soap-making Business In Nigeria by popoola01: 1:14am On Aug 05, 2018
Please I need info. I bought soap materials but I did not remember to pick stop. Can I mix without stop. What can I use to replace it. Thanks
Re: Soap-making Business In Nigeria by popoola01: 1:16am On Aug 05, 2018
Please I need info. I bought soap materials but unfortunately I did not remember to pick stpp. C as n I mix without stpp and what can I use to replace it. Thanks
Re: Soap-making Business In Nigeria by Humblemee: 11:32am On Aug 25, 2019

Stainless steel cutting table and Stamping machine is up for grab at a giveaway price for Bar soap

Brand new, N45,000 for both

SILICON MOLDS IS ALSO AVAILABLE

Price is negotiable

CALL :08054284634

1 Like

Re: Soap-making Business In Nigeria by NaijaPress: 2:31pm On Sep 26, 2019
Soap making business can be very lucrative, you can start yours too...
https://www.nigeriabusinessplan.com.ng/feasibility-study-on-soap-making-in-nigeria-pdf/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Hot Profitable Business Ideas You Can Start From Home With ₦20,000 / How Much Capital Will Be Needed To Start A Mini Supermarket? / Iyiegbu Obi Cubana's Compound, House In Anambra - PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.