Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,953 members, 7,799,233 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:25 PM

Dead Bodies From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos (Photos) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dead Bodies From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos (Photos) (93183 Views)

More Photos From The Airforce Helicopter Crash In Kaduna Today, 7 Killed / Fishermen That Rescued Helicopter Crash In Lagos (Photo) / Photos From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos- Metronaija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dead Bodies From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 3:51am On Aug 13, 2015
subnormal:

I beg to differ sir, medical certificates as well as BOSIET ones which includes the HUET are checked before any trip offshore at the bristow terminal. I will advise you refrain from what you know nothing about. The victims are my colleagues and even now i still pray and hope the news is not true
The funny thing is that in emergency situation, it takes the grace of God to remember all what one learnt in safety training classes. It happens a lot in oil fields in Canada where h2s gas is the number one killer. when there is an exposure, you would still see some running to the direction of the exposure out of panic instead of running away from it. Some forget air breathing apparatus before rushing to rescue a victim, hence they become casualties themselves.
Re: Dead Bodies From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos (Photos) by Bollinger(m): 5:15am On Aug 13, 2015
Sixtustony:
This days life don't have integrity

what are you, 12? what kind of statement is this? you go school at all? The way it's put is "people have no integrity" and it's "life has no meaning". Nigerian education na wa.
Re: Dead Bodies From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos (Photos) by Bollove: 5:18am On Aug 13, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Olorun o, irin ajo t'a ma rin t'ani pada wa'le, ma je ka rin. F'orun ke awon to ti ku.
so U sabi pray
one like from moi !!!
Re: Dead Bodies From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos (Photos) by betty202020(m): 5:35am On Aug 13, 2015
londonrivals:
[img]http://2.bp..com/-oAlGEar1Rx0/VcuK9X3GCtI/AAAAAAAABVM/j9E7ene6kLA/s320/he.jpg[/img]

A helicopter belonging to Bristow Helicopters crashed into the lagoon near the Oworonshoki end of the Third Mainland Bridge in Lagos.

The National Emergency Management Agency and the Nigerian Police carried out rescue operations and it was learnt that 3 out of the 12 people onboard died in the lagoon helicopter crash, while the other 9 were taken to the nearby Gbagada General Hospital.

An eyewitness spoke to www.metronaija.com, the aircraft marked 5NBGD was said to be coming from one of the oil rigs in Escravos area of the Niger Delta and was said to be heading for Lagos Island when it went down around 3 p.m.
[img]http://2.bp..com/-8OtnMTNHfQo/VcuK-rIRx2I/AAAAAAAABVU/QVS7zywEqbo/s320/he1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://1.bp..com/-q8JMYAauUGg/VcuK_n-aTaI/AAAAAAAABVc/c7w56Cy7pgo/s320/he2.jpg[/img]

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/08/photos-of-dead-bodies-from-helicopter.html

cc: lalasticlala ishilove

oba akiolu lagoon don dey chop food u prepared keep for am. RIP TO THE DEAD
Re: Dead Bodies From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos (Photos) by stpat1(m): 6:13am On Aug 13, 2015
uanda:
Rip to the dead.

Those oil workers must have undergone survival at sea and also helicopter under water excape training (SAS and HUET). The oil company should be held responsible for not giving their workers the minimum required training before sending the offshore.

Also the helicopter company RT brisco will also pay for not checking for the HUET passes of all passengers and also not providing them with life jackets.

Do you know what you are saying at all? Who told you that they didn't undergo the training? Also, have you ever boarded a chopper without first donning your life jacket? They are all also equipped with a life raft that automatically launches upon landing in water.

My dear what will be will be. I'm sure that's not their first time flying and they must have listened to the briefings a zillion times before now.

All the same. May the departed rest in peace.
Re: Dead Bodies From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos (Photos) by Eleniyan15: 6:28am On Aug 13, 2015
what goes up must ....... gravity iyaff occur
rip dead
Re: Dead Bodies From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos (Photos) by sirjeff(m): 7:02am On Aug 13, 2015
Icon4s:
Hmmm Oil workers from Escravos. Na Chevron workers be that o.

That moment when u have spent abt 1month at an Oil field. Away from ur children ur wife, friends & co. U have already planned how u give ur wife or galfriend a treat in d bedroom & stuffs like that u know....As u are busy fantasicing hoping to land in 5mins, so all of a sudden d pilot shouts "mayday-mayday, adopt d brace position and get ready for impact!" and

seconds later.......Hmmm.

Trust me I know how things like these play out. I narrowly escaped one offshore of Escravos in
2007. The first things that came my mind at dat dying moment were my mom and d money I Had in my account.

Oboy u no well at all u need medical check up

RIP departed fellows.
Re: Dead Bodies From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos (Photos) by innoachukw(m): 7:19am On Aug 13, 2015
Am currently at NAF Base PH, am supposed to return back to work this morning but all flights have been cancelled out of respect for the victims..... Even me sef dey scared...
Re: Dead Bodies From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos (Photos) by deebrain(m): 7:52am On Aug 13, 2015
hariorh:

1. Plane not helicopter

2. Wait, are you saying your own prayer was not answered despite the shady prediction?

grin

Bros, back off really nicely or else...
Re: Dead Bodies From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos (Photos) by dabexy(m): 7:56am On Aug 13, 2015
RIP to the dead.
First major crash since how many yrs of operation for bristow. Operation zero target altered
Re: Dead Bodies From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 7:57am On Aug 13, 2015
BCISLTD:
12 people. ...don't this things have weight limits....sad

They do. But the POB depends on the type of helicopter. If it is a Sirkosky S-92 it takes about 20 people comfortably.

And all passengers and their bags are weighed before we leave offshore or land. So I doubt if overweight was the issue.

For it to have come from Escravos near warri thus far before the crash, it might have had a fault that was probably considered as minor and was managed back to Lagos.

As the chopper flies, there is the co-pilot who monitors and logs in all the data fed by sensors of the chopper. This is done until the chopper lands. The choppers are constantly being monitored as they are in flight. So it is either there was a sudden fault, or there was a known fault which they wanted to manage, or there was a fault that could not be identified due to failure from a sensor.

2 Likes

Re: Dead Bodies From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos (Photos) by Mbediogu(m): 8:09am On Aug 13, 2015
Demmocrats:
Rip to the dead may they rest in the arms of the Almighty forever amen

Very soon starting this Sunday,those
nonsense prophets including those who
predicted victory for GEJ will rush out to
be claiming to have warned Bristow and
the President about impending helicopter
crash. mtchew.
Re: Dead Bodies From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos (Photos) by rocoh(m): 8:25am On Aug 13, 2015
uanda:
Rip to the dead.

Those oil workers must have undergone survival at sea and also helicopter under water excape training (SAS and HUET). The oil company should be held responsible for not giving their workers the minimum required training before sending the offshore.

Also the helicopter company RT brisco will also pay for not checking for the HUET passes of all passengers and also not providing them with life jackets.

RT briscoe is not same as Bristow.
Re: Dead Bodies From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos (Photos) by 9icegee: 8:34am On Aug 13, 2015
Fresh38:

Yes, I agree with you. It's obvious all the necessary checks weren't in place. Another tragic aftermath of the rot in the Nigerian system. I'm sure if they all had life jackets, they would have jumped into the ocean and probably would have been alive. May their souls RIP. I pray those in the hospital survive as well.
*how i wish ppl who have absolutely no idea about offshore job operations shud just read de tragic news and keep silent instead of displaying their funny ignorance*
Re: Dead Bodies From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos (Photos) by feeloscar(m): 9:25am On Aug 13, 2015
braine:
You really had to post photos of the dead?! What's wrong with you people?
Even when his topic had "photos" tagged, you went ahead and opened it and you are now complaining. Na wa for some people o.
Re: Dead Bodies From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos (Photos) by sirhamilton(m): 9:45am On Aug 13, 2015
IYANGBALI:
you never sleep abi your landlord has droved you out?

bros you don kill English language. which wan be droved ? yoruba people sha!
Re: Dead Bodies From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos (Photos) by Zajkina: 9:48am On Aug 13, 2015
What a terrible news! I can't understand why the emergency agencies had come only in 45 minutes after the incident. The medias all over the world are talking about this accident, photos are there http://www.naij.com/517086-paper-review-oil-workers-killed-helicopter-plunges-lagos-lagoon.html . I hope they will find the real reason of this horrible event embarassed cry
Re: Dead Bodies From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos (Photos) by EmmyDe25(m): 10:35am On Aug 13, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Olorun o, irin ajo t'a ma rin t'ani pada wa'le, ma je ka rin. F'orun ke awon to ti ku.
I say a loud amen to that.
Re: Dead Bodies From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos (Photos) by Soknown: 11:11am On Aug 13, 2015
innoachukw:
Am currently at NAF Base PH, am supposed to return back to work this morning but all flights have been cancelled out of respect for the victims..... Even me sef dey scared...
It is well, All Bristow crafts grounded for now, Caverton is flying though.
Re: Dead Bodies From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos (Photos) by Soknown: 11:15am On Aug 13, 2015
dabriggs:

They do. But the POB depends on the type of helicopter. If it is a Sirkosky S-92 it takes about 20 people comfortably.

And all passengers and their bags are weighed before we leave offshore or land. So I doubt if overweight was the issue.

For it to have come from Escravos near warri thus far before the crash, it might have had a fault that was probably considered as minor and was managed back to Lagos.

As the chopper flies, there is the co-pilot who monitors and logs in all the data fed by sensors of the chopper. This is done until the chopper lands. The choppers are constantly being monitored as they are in flight. So it is either there was a sudden fault, or there was a known fault which they wanted to manage, or there was a fault that could not be identified due to failure from a sensor.
She was a Sirkosky S-76 craft,5NBGD (10 pax 2 Crew, other type is 12 pax 2 crew). You are right about the S-92.
Re: Dead Bodies From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos (Photos) by braine(m): 11:48am On Aug 13, 2015
feeloscar:
Even when his topic had "photos" tagged, you went ahead and opened it and you are now complaining. Na wa for some people o.

So where do you expect me to put my opinion?
Re: Dead Bodies From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos (Photos) by hariorh: 1:50pm On Aug 13, 2015
deebrain:

Bros, back off really nicely or else...

#ignored
Re: Dead Bodies From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos (Photos) by hariorh: 1:51pm On Aug 13, 2015
braine:

So where do you expect me to put my opinion?

Send the op a pm if you are offended.
Re: Dead Bodies From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos (Photos) by jpphilips(m): 2:06pm On Aug 13, 2015
Demmocrats:
Even the helicopters pilot needs to be given a medal of honour if he survived for saving nine lives out of 12. Baba God really worked his miracles

Helicopter crashing inside the lagoon is not really a high risk, I still dont understand why people died, perhaps they were neither HUET nor BOSIET trained.

1 Like

Re: Dead Bodies From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos (Photos) by subnormal: 4:21pm On Aug 13, 2015
jpphilips:

Helicopter crashing inside the lagoon is not really a high risk, I still dont understand why people died, perhaps they were neither HUET nor BOSIET trained.

Could you guys just back off? I know these guys, the least among them had 10 yrs offshore experience and they are up to date with their BOSIET. Besides, the company they work for would not even let you step foot offshore if you have not been trained or if your cert is expired.
Re: Dead Bodies From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos (Photos) by IYANGBALI: 5:42pm On Aug 13, 2015
sirhamilton:

bros you don kill English language. which wan be droved ? yoruba people sha!
sorry it was slip of fingers,I wanted to type droveded,thanks for the correction
Re: Dead Bodies From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos (Photos) by jpphilips(m): 6:14pm On Aug 13, 2015
subnormal:

Could you guys just back off? I know these guys, the least among them had 10 yrs offshore experience and they are up to date with their BOSIET. Besides, the company they work for would not even let you step foot offshore if you have not been trained or if your cert is expired.

grin grin grin
Re: Dead Bodies From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos (Photos) by Stewee(m): 10:58pm On Aug 13, 2015
BCISLTD:
12 people. ...don't this things have weight limits....sad

They do!
If it was overweight don't you think it won't lift off at all?
Re: Dead Bodies From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos (Photos) by Stewee(m): 11:03pm On Aug 13, 2015
chrisbaba1:
Bristow not Bristol. Again its amazing that an organization like Bristow will encounter issues like this when their aviation practice is one of the best in the country. very sad, Rip to the dead. Rip Rip, so sad

It's aviation bro...accidents (dont) happen!
Re: Dead Bodies From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos (Photos) by Stewee(m): 11:05pm On Aug 13, 2015
Bayswater:
and here I am beating myself up that I am still struggling to get my PPL (H). RIP to the dead, so so sad! sad

Isn't it passion that makes the bunch of us dive into the profession.

1 Like

Re: Dead Bodies From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos (Photos) by Stewee(m): 11:13pm On Aug 13, 2015
Mznaett:
Few weeks ago one pastor be done prophesy dz thing o

When will 'these' pastors prophesy good things for our country? When

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Kainji Dam In Pictures / Can You Believe This is Nigeria? Travelling As A Single Nigerian Lady (Pics) / US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.