Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,712 members, 7,805,932 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

A Nigerian's Threat Letter To Management Of Etisalat Over Barring His Line - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / A Nigerian's Threat Letter To Management Of Etisalat Over Barring His Line (2077 Views)

How To Opt Out Of Etisalat (9mobile) Data Plan Auto-renewal / Is This The End Of Etisalat Nigeria? / How To Opt Out Of Etisalat Subscriptions. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nigerian's Threat Letter To Management Of Etisalat Over Barring His Line by MShopperNG: 9:40pm On Aug 12, 2015
Below is a Letter written by an Etisalat Subscriber to the Management of the Company.

Obviously the letter carried a lot of weight, as the matter was resolve within an hour of receipt of the letter.

MD/CEO of Etisalat, NCC,Judiciary,CPC were all copied

Original Message:
Sent: Wednesday, August 12, 2015 10:05:26 AM
To: Care <Care@etisalat.com.ng>
Cc: "contact@cpc.gov.ng" <contact@cpc.gov.ng>; "complaints@cpc.gov.ng" <complaints@cpc.gov.ng>; Matthew Willsher <matthew.willsher@etisalat.com.ng>; "Umaru.Damabatta@ncc.gov.ng" <Umaru.Damabatta@ncc.gov.ng>; "info@accesstojustice-ng.org" <info@accesstojustice-ng.org>; "secretary@njc.gov.ng" <secretary@njc.gov.ng>; "info@njc.gov.ng" <info@njc.gov.ng>; "complaints@ncc.gov.ng" <complaints@ncc.gov.ng>; "Tony.Ojobo@ncc.gov.ng" <Tony.Ojobo@ncc.gov.ng>

Subject: INDISCRIMINATE AND UNLAWFUL BARRING OF MY ETISALAT NUMBER(080*******)

Good Morning all,

I ported from ***** to Etisalat over 2 years ago and registered the SIM at Etisalat Office - Yakubu Gowon way, Kaduna, Kaduna State.

I woke up on the 12th of August, 2015 with a rude shock. My Etisalat number 080******1 has been barred from receiving or making calls.

I called Etisalat customer center (200) with another Etisalat line (0909*****1) since of course I can’t make use of my number (080*****1) to make calls. I was told by the officer that my line has been barred because of registration issues.

This is so sad, because i had to travel over 200km (Kafanchan to Kaduna) to register my Etisalat SIM over 2 years ago.

Etisalat is now claiming my SIM (080******1) is not Registered?

- Why then was I able to make calls after the deadline of NCC over a year ago?

- Why then am I barred due to the inefficiency of Etisalat Nigeria who has refused to accomplish their work according to ethics of their profession?

- Why am I subjected to suffer unduly after fulfilling my duty as a Citizen of Nigeria to register my SIM as provided by the LAW?

This is Unacceptable and will not be tolerated, as i am currently unable to call or receive calls/send text messages to/from my clients.

LET THIS MAIL SERVE AS A PROOF AND LET IT BE ON RECORD, IF BY CHANCE I AM MADE TO SUFFER ANY EMOTIONAL,SOCIAL OR FINANCIAL LOSS DUE TO ETISALAT NIGERIA'S ACTION ON BARRING OF MY NUMBER(080*****1) I WILL SEEK LEGAL REDRESS AS STIPULATED BY LAW IN NIGERIA.

http://mshopperng..com/2015/08/a-nigerians-threat-letter-to-management.html

cc: Lalasticlala

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Nigerian's Threat Letter To Management Of Etisalat Over Barring His Line by Nobody: 9:55pm On Aug 12, 2015
Great..!!! Sue them
Re: A Nigerian's Threat Letter To Management Of Etisalat Over Barring His Line by Warlord3000(m): 10:04pm On Aug 12, 2015
Sorry bro... Had to go re+register my line for the 3rd time in three months with them too.. Crazy
Re: A Nigerian's Threat Letter To Management Of Etisalat Over Barring His Line by dasphinx1(m): 10:54pm On Aug 12, 2015
mehn, its sooo annoying. My uncle and collegue's lines were barred today.......
Re: A Nigerian's Threat Letter To Management Of Etisalat Over Barring His Line by funkyrash(m): 5:03am On Aug 13, 2015
Can this go to the front page?? ? cc: dragnet , puskin , honsule
Re: A Nigerian's Threat Letter To Management Of Etisalat Over Barring His Line by Chidexter(m): 5:31am On Aug 13, 2015
All these Network Providers sef, feeling Like God.

Stupid people
Stupid networks.

But sadly we're stuck with them sad
Re: A Nigerian's Threat Letter To Management Of Etisalat Over Barring His Line by Ganiz(m): 7:03am On Aug 13, 2015
Imagine, I thought it was only my 2yrs Sim they barred....
Re: A Nigerian's Threat Letter To Management Of Etisalat Over Barring His Line by jideprof: 7:37am On Aug 13, 2015
so suprised they barred my line too. they gave me #500 call credit to etisalat lines for me to re-register. if not? angry
Re: A Nigerian's Threat Letter To Management Of Etisalat Over Barring His Line by abdulaz: 7:55am On Aug 13, 2015
Professional Incompetence at its peak everywhere in the country.
Re: A Nigerian's Threat Letter To Management Of Etisalat Over Barring His Line by bencobenz(m): 8:13am On Aug 13, 2015
So I'm not the only one in this mess. I woke up yesterday to check my mails just to discover there's no internet service on my tab, I initially thought its the normal network wahala I received the greatest shock of my life when I called the customer care and was told that I have been barred. I just had to change the Sim and dump the useless network somewhere.
For crying out loud, why will you bar my registered line due to your own laxity? If my registration is incomplete, why didn't you inform me earlier to update? It is so annoying.
Re: A Nigerian's Threat Letter To Management Of Etisalat Over Barring His Line by paragon40(m): 8:28am On Aug 13, 2015
Where are this mods sef, this should be @d front page...I understand since tonto is not involved they won't do the needful.....@op nice one it is good to know ur right, and how to express them with this steps...someone out there will have d courage to do same...
Re: A Nigerian's Threat Letter To Management Of Etisalat Over Barring His Line by AnneMomoh: 9:18am On Aug 13, 2015
No wonder most of the etisalat lines i called yesterday , were barred
Re: A Nigerian's Threat Letter To Management Of Etisalat Over Barring His Line by LordReed(m): 9:51am On Aug 13, 2015
I got to learn that these network providers have issues with data security. They lost some of the registration data especially those from their consultants. Maybe you were affected by the loss.

bencobenz:
So I'm not the only one in this mess. I woke up yesterday to check my mails just to discover there's no internet service on my tab, I initially thought its the normal network wahala I received the greatest shock of my life when I called the customer care and was told that I have been barred. I just had to change the Sim and dump the useless network somewhere.
For crying out loud, why will you bar my registered line due to your own laxity? If my registration is incomplete, why didn't you inform me earlier to update? It is so annoying.
Re: A Nigerian's Threat Letter To Management Of Etisalat Over Barring His Line by QuiverBox(f): 11:32am On Aug 13, 2015
Etisalat is becoming something else. Network is becoming so terrible
Re: A Nigerian's Threat Letter To Management Of Etisalat Over Barring His Line by HoseaAudu(m): 12:38pm On Aug 13, 2015
Hmmmm....

Etisalat, Na wa oh

Its time Companies Operating in Nigeria starts taking Consumers serious
Re: A Nigerian's Threat Letter To Management Of Etisalat Over Barring His Line by Promking: 12:52pm On Aug 13, 2015
Simple!, he should have gotten another line, they are not the only one, neither are they the best

SHAME ON ETISALAT

lalasticlala FP material ^
Re: A Nigerian's Threat Letter To Management Of Etisalat Over Barring His Line by AnneMomoh: 12:55pm On Aug 13, 2015
Promking:
Simple!, he should have gotten another line, they are not the only one, neither are they the best

SHAME ON ETISALAT

If he gets another line and the next network misbehaves , how then can you get justice?

Nigerians should learn to stand up for what is right.

That's why these foreign companies dont take Nigerians serious cause we always dont challenge them.

(1) (Reply)

My Phone No Longer Run On 3G But 2G Network / When Will This Happen In Nigeria? / Please Fix The Airtel Nairaland Freebasics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.