Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:40 AM

Former Governor Of Akwa Ibom State Senator Godswill Akpabio Speaks On Biafra - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former Governor Of Akwa Ibom State Senator Godswill Akpabio Speaks On Biafra (11943 Views)

Senator Akpabio Speaks On Biafra / Senator Akpabio Speaks From London, Disowns @senakpabio Twitter Handle / Photo Of Senator Godswill Akpabio On His Hospital Bed In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Former Governor Of Akwa Ibom State Senator Godswill Akpabio Speaks On Biafra by Smooyis(m): 5:13pm On Aug 13, 2015
dearpreye:
Conscience is an open wound; only the truth can heal it.

I've solemnly vowed to defend the truth and oppose falsehood and lies all the days of my life.

Godswill Akpabio courageously told the truth and nothing else.

Smarter governments in saner climes would have taken very obvious anand unmistakable steps that would have demonstrated the fact that the war was over and that would have helped rebuilt almost all that was destroyed because a people courgette took their own destiny into their own hands. That war remains one of the most stupid, oppressive and needless war ever fought that I know off.

The Igbos still feel unwelcome and unappreciated by the corrupt Nigerian government. Nothing was more brutal and demeaning than converting all the millions these enterprising people had before the war to £20, and by so doing subjected them to decades of struggling for survival. Unfortunately, what was wickedly devised to subjugate them rather created a sense of innovation and enterprise in them that has helped them till its day. We're told necessity is the mother of invention.

I'm yet to see any tribe in Nigeria that will come out so great and prosperous just a few decades of having more than 2 million of its people murdered for trying to master their own destiny. All those who killed the innocent and defenseless shall only know ignominy, both in this life and in the one to come.

Had Nigeria had sensible government down the years, all these agitation for Biafra would probably not have arisen again, but blacks being blacks, will rather play the ostrich and pretend like nothing is wrong when the opposite is clearly the case. Till date, in our epic primitivity, we are still deliberately doing all that caused the Civil War.

It's my sincere wish that Nigeria will allow good sense to prevail over crudity, intimidation and subtle oppression.

Let's seek sincere efforts to devolve powers to the Federation regions, and practise true federalism. But where the sons of Uthman Dan Fodio will continue to pillage resources found in other regions other than theirs, Nigeria might still fight another civil war- I pray it doesn't happen.

On point. True federalism is what we need. This is what we should have impressed on GEJ during his six years rule rather than the praises he was receiving from many of us regardless the genuineness of his actions.

We failed to realize that his position as president wouldn't last forever.

I said it severally here that what was most important was for him to restructure the country true federalism. Many that towed this line were called names for political reasons. He who feels it knows it better.

With the influence of GEJ then and people like Akpabio and all other big shots from the east, it really would have been a lot easier to push through.

Now that the north is in power they will not want to lose their dominance in power.

I do hope PMB will act as a stateman and write his name in gold because truly no appreciable growth can be recorded with this over centralization of everything.
Re: Former Governor Of Akwa Ibom State Senator Godswill Akpabio Speaks On Biafra by Smooyis(m): 5:15pm On Aug 13, 2015
dearpreye:

I've solemnly vowed to defend the truth and oppose falsehood and lies all the days of my life.

Smarter governments in saner climes would have taken very obvious anand unmistakable steps that would have demonstrated the fact that the war was over and that would have helped rebuilt almost all that was destroyed because a people courgette took their own destiny into their own hands. That war remains one of the most stupid, oppressive and needless war ever fought that I know off.

The Igbos still feel unwelcome and unappreciated by the corrupt Nigerian government. Nothing was more brutal and demeaning than converting all the millions these enterprising people had before the war to £20, and by so doing subjected them to decades of struggling for survival. Unfortunately, what was wickedly devised to subjugate them rather created a sense of innovation and enterprise in them that has helped them till its day. We're told necessity is the mother of invention.

I'm yet to see any tribe in Nigeria that will come out so great and prosperous just a few decades of having more than 2 million of its people murdered for trying to master their own destiny. All those who killed the innocent and defenseless shall only know ignominy, both in this life and in the one to come.

Had Nigeria had sensible government down the years, all these agitation for Biafra would probably not have arisen again, but blacks being blacks, will rather play the ostrich and pretend like nothing is wrong when the opposite is clearly the case. Till date, in our epic primitivity, we are still deliberately doing all that caused the Civil War.

It's my sincere wish that Nigeria will allow good sense to prevail over crudity, intimidation and subtle oppression.

Let's seek sincere efforts to devolve powers to the Federation regions, and practise true federalism. But where the sons of Uthman Dan Fodio will continue to pillage resources found in other regions other than theirs, Nigeria might still fight another civil war- I pray it doesn't happen.

On point. True federalism is what we need. This is what we should have impressed on GEJ during his six years rule rather than the praises he was receiving from many of us regardless of the genuineness of his actions.

We failed to realize that his position as president wouldn't last forever.

I said it severally here that what was most important was for him to restructure the country in line with true federalism. Many that towed this line were called names for political reasons. He who feels it knows it better.

With the influence of GEJ then and people like Akpabio and all other big shots from the east, it really would have been a lot easier to push through.

Now that the north is in power they will not want to lose their dominance in power.

I do hope PMB will act as a stateman and write his name in gold because truly no appreciable growth can be recorded with this over centralization of everything.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Former Governor Of Akwa Ibom State Senator Godswill Akpabio Speaks On Biafra by sebali: 5:18pm On Aug 13, 2015
Icecomrade:

Generalizing Awo's action to all yoruba's is wrong. I totally agree with you on that.
I don't advocate for it and won't support such. Most people react that way when there is a direct attack on the igbo's coming the that region.

Let me add that. The coup was avenged by the Northerners. They should ve left it at that. We wouldn't have been having this conversation now.

When the killings ended, the igbo's felt injustice and lack of protection from a government where we preach One Nigeria, they should ve let them go.

If you follow the Aburi peace accord, which is the most annoying, Gowon should have dis associated himself with the resolutions there and then.
Why decieve everyone. You need to see the video documentary of of that convention. Go to youtube, you will find that.

This was done in a peaceful atmosphere. They all laughed andd joked in Ghana, shared wine together only to come back renege.

The killings where totally unnecessary. Its heart breaking.

U kn dey said Gowon wasnt educated and didnt realize he had signed 4 a confederation, coming back home he got to realize dis and inturn went against..... On Aburi blame it on Gowon's lack of proper education.
Re: Former Governor Of Akwa Ibom State Senator Godswill Akpabio Speaks On Biafra by Sweetlemon(f): 5:22pm On Aug 13, 2015
new2020:
Even after reading this Yorubas will tell you...he is SS. Mumu sick people! Most these yorubas have no sense...many of them don't even know that Old Cross River (includes present day Akwa Ibom) fought along side the Igbos against Nigeria, lost as many of their forebears and also received 25 pounds from Awolowo. All these are etched deeply in our memory!

Pls quote anywher in that interview where he called himself a biafran or even praised the biafran struggle.
I'm waiting.
Re: Former Governor Of Akwa Ibom State Senator Godswill Akpabio Speaks On Biafra by PhockPhockMan: 5:31pm On Aug 13, 2015
adamshuaib:

He should have continued the peaceful negotiations after getting all easterners back to the eastern region, but instead he gave them a reason to attack him by Secession
What of those Igbos killed by Northerners, which Gowon out of hatred for Ndigbo refused to protect despite Ojukwu's protests?

@bolded, what happened to the outcome a peaceful negotiations between Ojukwu and Nigeria government in Aburi , who violated it?
How do you expect him to continue to negotiate with agreement violators like Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Former Governor Of Akwa Ibom State Senator Godswill Akpabio Speaks On Biafra by Icecomrade: 5:34pm On Aug 13, 2015
sebali:

U kn dey said Gowon wasnt educated and didnt realize he had signed 4 a confederation, coming back home he got to realize dis and inturn went against..... On Aburi blame it on Gowon's lack of proper education.

You check out that kind of excuse nah! Haba!

Check his profile and tell me if Gowon was truely an illeterate. Or people making excuses to justify their heinous acts.

He received his secondary education in Zaria, Nigeria where, in 1953, he obtained the senior Cambridge

school leaving certificate. The following year, he enrolled in the Nigerian Army and was sent to the Regular Officers' Special Training School at Teshie in Ghana. In 1955, he went to Britain for further military training, and was at Eaton Hall, Cheshire, until May, 1955, before entering the RMAS Anzio Company, Sandhurst, where he remained until the end of 1956. 

For the first half of 1957, Lt-Col Gowon attended the young officers' course at Hythe and Warminster, England. he was posted as second-lieutenant to the 4th Battalion of the Nigerian Army at Ibadan, then Western Nigeria's capital city.

He attended a course at the Staff College, Camberley, Surrey, in 1962,  In 1963 he was promoted lieutenant-colonel and appointed the Adjutant-General of the Nigerian Army. January 15, he was appointed Chief of Staff at Army Headquarters. 

I have a feeling that on his return, some group of people twisted his mind.

I don't listen to what people said anymore cos they fed us with lies.
Research and you will see their deceptions

5 Likes

Re: Former Governor Of Akwa Ibom State Senator Godswill Akpabio Speaks On Biafra by PhockPhockMan: 5:38pm On Aug 13, 2015
dearpreye:

Bitter truth.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Former Governor Of Akwa Ibom State Senator Godswill Akpabio Speaks On Biafra by PhockPhockMan: 5:43pm On Aug 13, 2015
sebali:

D den govt. wasn't really committed 2 d 3Rs bt my point is Ibos shud move on, its almost 50yrs ago.
How do you expect them to move on when all the stumbling blocks that necessitated the war are still there, even more.

2 Likes

Re: Former Governor Of Akwa Ibom State Senator Godswill Akpabio Speaks On Biafra by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 13, 2015
Ayus34:
Akpabio seems to be more of hypocrite....truly the eastern region suffered during the war,ojukwu fought the war but can we say that was the best decision as at that time?
He made mention of reconstruction in the west like the bridge,personally I ve known akpabio to be jealous of Lagos and of he was talking of the west then aside the bridge built by IBB then,will he say that it was a wrong decision as at then when Lagos was the capital even before civil war?and on the airport,my father travelled thru MM even before the civil war,and already the Queen visited Nigeria tru that same airport before the war....I will expect him to tell us the reconstruction that was carried out in other western states after the war,maybe then he can be reasonable?most infrastructures in Lagos has been there during colonial rules and few not long after colonial rules,and the ingenuity of Lagos residents that cut across all d country's has also brought tremendous improvement due to the favourable environments in the state, or I will want him to tell us the best industries own by Nigeria govt that miraculously transformed the state from the reconstruction?
you still failed to address the question as to why reconstruction wasn't started from the battlefront,you chose to live in denial but your conscience will not fail to judge you. A part of nigeria is at war in 2015 and the war seems to be ending and the country is planning reconstruction of the affected,same thing they couldn't do after the civil war. You Nigerians are wicked.

1 Like

Re: Former Governor Of Akwa Ibom State Senator Godswill Akpabio Speaks On Biafra by sebali: 5:53pm On Aug 13, 2015
Icecomrade:

You check out that kind of excuse nah! Haba!

Check his profile and tell me if Gowon was truely an illeterate. Or people making excuses to justify their heinous acts.

He received his secondary education in Zaria, Nigeria where, in 1953, he obtained the senior Cambridge

school leaving certificate. The following year, he enrolled in the Nigerian Army and was sent to the Regular Officers' Special Training School at Teshie in Ghana. In 1955, he went to Britain for further military training, and was at Eaton Hall, Cheshire, until May, 1955, before entering the RMAS Anzio Company, Sandhurst, where he remained until the end of 1956. 

For the first half of 1957, Lt-Col Gowon attended the young officers' course at Hythe and Warminster, England. he was posted as second-lieutenant to the 4th Battalion of the Nigerian Army at Ibadan, then Western Nigeria's capital city.

He attended a course at the Staff College, Camberley, Surrey, in 1962,  In 1963 he was promoted lieutenant-colonel and appointed the Adjutant-General of the Nigerian Army. January 15, he was appointed Chief of Staff at Army Headquarters. 

I have a feeling that on his return, some group of people twisted his mind.

I don't listen to what people said anymore cos they fed us with lies.
Research and you will see their deceptions

I never knew his resume was dis strong...... Dat means he was suppose 2 kn wat a confederation meant....
Anyway wat happened had happened, ibos shud let it go or up their political game so as 2 be more relevant in national issues or come 2geda and use legal means 2 pursue d biafran dream(SS xcluded) if dey still want such and stop crying foul at every little opportunity and plss beg ur brodas in NL 2 stop dis biafra biafra infiltration of every thread.
Finally dis is d first am having a good conversation without abuses flowing up and down (d usual NL mantra) wen pple have opposite views.
Tank U.
Re: Former Governor Of Akwa Ibom State Senator Godswill Akpabio Speaks On Biafra by Icecomrade: 5:57pm On Aug 13, 2015
sebali:

I never knew his resume was dis strong...... Dat means he was suppose 2 kn wat a confederation meant....
Anyway wat happened had happened, ibos shud let it go or up their political game so as 2 be more relevant in national issues or come 2geda and use legal means 2 pursue d biafran dream(SS xcluded) if dey still want such and stop crying foul at every little opportunity and plss beg ur brodas in NL 2 stop dis biafra biafra infiltration of every thread.
Finally dis is d first am having a good conversation without abuses flowing up and down (d usual NL mantra) wen pple have opposite views.
Tank U.

Thanks Bro, I seek meaningful. People to add value to my knowledge and actually did by opening up another horizon to this issue.

I was born and bred in the North.We lived in 8 Northern states with my family. I used to hate anything called Biafra.

Things happen and you are forced to trace your root especially when you have being a victim of Northern crisis.

God help us

Do have a warm day ahead.

1 Like

Re: Former Governor Of Akwa Ibom State Senator Godswill Akpabio Speaks On Biafra by sebali: 6:00pm On Aug 13, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

How do you expect them to move on when all the stumbling blocks that necessitated the war are still there, even more.

Dey shud xplore oda avenues to resolve d issue instead of dis biafra biafra shout everyday, because dey are not even committed d 2 struggle... Show me one successful iboman in d north west or in govt dat says anything abt biafra, thus u already hav a divided house on d issue of secession.
Ibos shud stop making every oda tribe see dem as noise makers with dis biafra mata cos dey didnt shout dis much wen jona was dere or was d biafran struggle but on hold den.
My Advice 2 ibos, up ur political game and become more relevant in d centre.
Re: Former Governor Of Akwa Ibom State Senator Godswill Akpabio Speaks On Biafra by merry02(m): 6:07pm On Aug 13, 2015
Icecomrade:

Who told you Ojukwu started the war?
What do you know of the Aburi agreement between Gowon and Ojukwu?

Another illiterate on Nairaland
[/b]
u claim u knw right,ojukwu lead the war while the Abury traty was meant to foster peace btw gowon and ojukwu in Ghana..
Re: Former Governor Of Akwa Ibom State Senator Godswill Akpabio Speaks On Biafra by Icecomrade: 6:10pm On Aug 13, 2015
merry02:
u claim u knw right,ojukwu lead the war while the Abury traty was meant to foster peace btw gowon and ojukwu in Ghana..

Park well.
Please don't quote me again. You can make any comment on the tread and I wont look your direction

2 Likes

Re: Former Governor Of Akwa Ibom State Senator Godswill Akpabio Speaks On Biafra by ideykwum: 6:53pm On Aug 13, 2015
Where is this one from? Ibo tribalism? Are you for real? cheesy

Igbos are one of the most accommodating only rivalled by the SS!

sebali:

Ibo tribalism lead 2 d conflict in d first place. Ofcourse Gowon had 2 strike first because he was d one opposing d break out.

Pls do well 2 read abt d 1966 coup and its aftermath

3 Likes

Re: Former Governor Of Akwa Ibom State Senator Godswill Akpabio Speaks On Biafra by PhockPhockMan: 7:40pm On Aug 13, 2015
sebali:

Dey shud xplore oda avenues to resolve d issue instead of dis biafra biafra shout everyday, because dey are not even committed d 2 struggle... Show me one successful iboman in d north west or in govt dat says anything abt biafra, thus u already hav a divided house on d issue of secession.
Ibos shud stop making every oda tribe see dem as noise makers with dis biafra mata cos dey didnt shout dis much wen jona was dere or was d biafran struggle but on hold den.
My Advice 2 ibos, up ur political game and become more relevant in d centre.
One thing you should know is that this biafra biafra shout, according to you, is nothing but a revolution, and revolution is a mass movement not political elites driven. If you're expecting south east politicians to front the agitation, you're missing it.
As far as this issue is concerned, I see hand of Issau, voice of Jacob

3 Likes

Re: Former Governor Of Akwa Ibom State Senator Godswill Akpabio Speaks On Biafra by Ayus34(m): 7:46pm On Aug 13, 2015
herringbone:
you still failed to address the question as to why reconstruction wasn't started from the battlefront,you chose to live in denial but your conscience will not fail to judge you. A part of nigeria is at war in 2015 and the war seems to be ending and the country is planning reconstruction of the affected,same thing they couldn't do after the civil war. You Nigerians are wicked.
Go and learn how to read and comprehend.....I'm not ur spokesman.
Thanks
Re: Former Governor Of Akwa Ibom State Senator Godswill Akpabio Speaks On Biafra by chrisblack: 8:32pm On Aug 13, 2015
truefact:
The Suffercated cowards are bigots, myopicals, and hypocrites....., incestuous, ritualistics, and jujustic ...betrayers, backstabbers, and gossipers,...chestbeater , talkatives, and propagandists,...Scratchfaceds, coneheads, and foulmouthers,....amalaeaters, ewadueaters and kolaeaters, ....wellwaterdrinkers, punyyjuicelickers, and bloodsucker....dirty, bad and evil,.... laziests, fearers and weaklings......ugliers, darkiers and winchs....agberos, touts, and bastards....owambes,fuuls and losers, thiefs, criminals and killers......liars,beggars and slaves of Hausa-Fulani one Nigeria

Yorubas are simply winchy winchiers, envious haters, cheaters and parasites ,
truefact:
The Suffercated cowards are bigots, myopicals, and hypocrites....., incestuous, ritualistics, and jujustic ...betrayers, backstabbers, and gossipers,...chestbeater , talkatives, and propagandists,...Scratchfaceds, coneheads, and foulmouthers,....amalaeaters, ewadueaters and kolaeaters, ....wellwaterdrinkers, punyyjuicelickers, and bloodsucker....dirty, bad and evil,.... laziests, fearers and weaklings......ugliers, darkiers and winchs....agberos, touts, and bastards....owambes,fuuls and losers, thiefs, criminals and killers......liars,beggars and slaves of Hausa-Fulani one Nigeria

Yorubas are simply winchy winchiers, envious haters, cheaters and parasites ,
all these boils down to the fact u can not stomach the defeat handed to u by the same people youve called all manners of names. They defeated you with just common sense.that is why they are political more astute.ur anger is simply because yorubas did not play along with ur myopic and greedy political choice .even your support for jonah was not because of ur love for him but based on your manipulation of is govt to ur favour.ur anger is because u lost out.no matter ur rants yoruba people will never bend their political philosophy or beg indirectly to be given post.they fight for what they have.they will never support a politician blindly when its obvious he is not performing even if he is their own.you bitterness will only keep rowing as they keep progressing.u call them chestbeaters thats the most funiest of all.who is the greatest chest beaeter.i dare you to declar ur biafra tommorow and see how many of your brothers would follow back.serious easterners are busy people going about there business.i just got back from calabar.even the chaps there know jonah failed.u like till jesus come ,ur rants changes nothing.learn to play good politics.okorocha warned u.u didnt listen,ogbonaya onu warned u .when zik supported ahmadu bello against awolowo u hailed him.now when yorubas supported buhari against incompetence and economic failiures ur are angry all because the coruption favoured u
Re: Former Governor Of Akwa Ibom State Senator Godswill Akpabio Speaks On Biafra by dandollaz: 8:55pm On Aug 13, 2015
emmyrichie:
And he knew all these things at 6? undecided undecided
at ur age so u cant remember anything that happen in primary1.i still remember alot now im 30+.
Re: Former Governor Of Akwa Ibom State Senator Godswill Akpabio Speaks On Biafra by SOUNDKING: 9:28pm On Aug 13, 2015
Mprepz:
Some idi.ots will be shouting biafra!!
But their brothers are still all over the country
you have a brain lesser than the one of a fish.

1 Like

Re: Former Governor Of Akwa Ibom State Senator Godswill Akpabio Speaks On Biafra by DonXavi(m): 9:42pm On Aug 13, 2015
J
Re: Former Governor Of Akwa Ibom State Senator Godswill Akpabio Speaks On Biafra by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 13, 2015
Please go to www.change.org , sign and share the ongoing petition on Biafra.

Proudly Biafran!
Re: Former Governor Of Akwa Ibom State Senator Godswill Akpabio Speaks On Biafra by coolzeal(m): 11:16pm On Aug 13, 2015
Can anything be stupider than that a man has the right to kill me because he lives on the other side of a river and his ruler has a quarrel with mine, though I have not quarreled with him? Some pain has no relief,it can only be sealed You can grasp the wound to feel the scar unhealed. Now, with this government, the marginalization of the Igbo is more complete like always. The Igbos have taken all these quietly because, they reason, they brought it upon themselves. But the nation is sitting on a time-bomb. There is a new Igbo man, who was not born in 1966 and neither knows nor cares about Nzeogwu and Ojukwu. There are Igbo men on the street who were never Biafrans. They were born Nigerians, are Nigerians, but suffer because of actions of earlier generations which was even for their best interest and protection. They will soon decide that it is better to fight their own war, and may be find an honorable peace, than to remain in this contemptible state in perpetuity. On Biafra, i stand.. The land of the rising sun..

2 Likes

Re: Former Governor Of Akwa Ibom State Senator Godswill Akpabio Speaks On Biafra by Nobody: 11:34pm On Aug 13, 2015
Icecomrade:

Generalizing Awo's action to all yoruba's is wrong. I totally agree with you on that.
I don't advocate for it and won't support such. Most people react that way when there is a direct attack on the igbo's coming the that region.

Let me add that. The coup was avenged by the Northerners. They should ve left it at that. We wouldn't have been having this conversation now.

When the killings ended, the igbo's felt injustice and lack of protection from a government where we preach One Nigeria, they should ve let them go.

If you follow the Aburi peace accord, which is the most annoying, Gowon should have dis associated himself with the resolutions there and then.
Why decieve everyone. You need to see the video documentary of of that convention. Go to youtube, you will find that.

This was done in a peaceful atmosphere. They all laughed andd joked in Ghana, shared wine together only to come back renege.

The killings where totally unnecessary. Its heart breaking.

Nigeria died in 1970.

2 Likes

Re: Former Governor Of Akwa Ibom State Senator Godswill Akpabio Speaks On Biafra by mohammedmagnus: 11:39pm On Aug 13, 2015
i dont know much about the biafran war. but from comments i can deduce that the igbos were wronged. now i see why the south west and north wouldnt let their guard down by letting an igbo man into aso rock. when nelson mandela held d mantle of leadership of SA, he had to forgive and forget to let peace and development reign. the igbos should move on, because ifeanyi dat sells computer parts in slot doesnt want war, jude dat has a big hotel in Abuja and lagos doesnt want war. so there is no way the entire igbo nation would support any way again. cos its a war dat cant be won

1 Like

Re: Former Governor Of Akwa Ibom State Senator Godswill Akpabio Speaks On Biafra by SonOfEl(m): 11:55pm On Aug 13, 2015
Biafra, a nightmare to many, a bliss to some.
Re: Former Governor Of Akwa Ibom State Senator Godswill Akpabio Speaks On Biafra by Icecomrade: 11:56pm On Aug 13, 2015
Chiwude:
Nigeria died in 1970.

I think it died earlier than that. In 1967 when over 30,000 Igbo's where killed across the Northern states.
When the war against common civilians started.
That was the year, Nigeria died.

2 Likes

Re: Former Governor Of Akwa Ibom State Senator Godswill Akpabio Speaks On Biafra by walemoney007(m): 12:25am On Aug 14, 2015
Icecomrade:

Dr. Clement Nyong Isong. He was from cross River. And what about that?
I thought everybody in d south south blivs in biafra
Re: Former Governor Of Akwa Ibom State Senator Godswill Akpabio Speaks On Biafra by Icecomrade: 1:00am On Aug 14, 2015
walemoney007:
I thought everybody in d south south[b] blivs in biafra

Make your issues clear. What's the contention?

1 Like

Re: Former Governor Of Akwa Ibom State Senator Godswill Akpabio Speaks On Biafra by ikechu1278: 1:20am On Aug 14, 2015
new2020:
Even after reading this Yorubas will tell you...he is SS. Mumu sick people! Most these yorubas have no sense...many of them don't even know that Old Cross River (includes present day Akwa Ibom) fought along side the Igbos against Nigeria, lost as many of their forebears and also received 25 pounds from Awolowo. All these are etched deeply in our memory!

Exactly. He even made this comment.
The governor described Odemegwu-Ojukwu as a crusader for justice and an icon even in death, stating that Akwa Ibom people share the pain of his loss because he fought for justice for the entire Eastern Region.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/akpabio-nigerians-should-study-ojukwu/109128/
Re: Former Governor Of Akwa Ibom State Senator Godswill Akpabio Speaks On Biafra by harbayo20(m): 2:22am On Aug 14, 2015
funny dudes here
Re: Former Governor Of Akwa Ibom State Senator Godswill Akpabio Speaks On Biafra by melzabull(f): 8:35am On Aug 14, 2015
Sweetlemon:

Pls quote anywher in that interview where he called himself a biafran or even praised the biafran struggle.
I'm waiting.
Bitterdemon, is this all you got to say about the thread? Does this st√pid and senseless question invalidate the facts in his home-truth submission? Spiteful b1tch!

The governor described Odemegwu-Ojukwu as a crusader for justice and an icon even in death, stating that Akwa Ibom people share the pain of his loss because he fought for justice for the entire Eastern Region
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/akpabio-nigerians-should-study-ojukwu/109128/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gunmen Kill 13, Sack Rivers Community / N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme / APC Damage Control Won’t Save Tinubu – PDP-PCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.