Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,187 members, 7,780,298 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:52 AM

What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? (22253 Views)

What Is The Thing You Regret The Most From Your Past Relationships? / When Your Bae Insists On Investigating Your Past. / Telling Them About Her Past Relationship Keep Driving Them Away- Advise Her. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by Epi: 3:47am On Mar 24, 2009
It pays to ask questions. . . , right?

[size=4pt]iice and mukina20, please don't move my thread[/size]
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by C2H5OH(f): 3:49am On Mar 24, 2009
Never compromise on the things that matter the most to you. Never lower your standards to accomodate your pana.
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by C2H5OH(f): 3:50am On Mar 24, 2009
Oops, but then again I haven't actually been in a so called relationship. The sassies could never get past the getting-to-know-you phase.
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by topup: 4:19am On Mar 24, 2009

I agree, never compromise the things that matter to you the most i.e. your beliefs, but it's okay to compromise things that will make the other person happy, and are just little things that will make a big difference to them.

I believe that you can never take things too slow in a relationship, and if something or someone seems too good to be true - they probably are.

It's not okay to use past break-ups as an excuse to torment the other person and make them jump through hoops, and it's not a game, if you play it without your heart, only your mind will understand, whilst your heart may be recked and left broken afterwards. .

Just a few there. .

2 Likes

Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by Sissy3(f): 5:46am On Mar 24, 2009
never let a guy know all (if any sef) of your secrets or past lives, just keep them guessing
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by eyonigger(m): 6:22am On Mar 24, 2009
I hv learn never 2 date a smally from ages 16-19 nemore.
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by iice(f): 8:32am On Mar 24, 2009
Nothing grin sometimes experiences are overrated. . .you don't learn squat you don't already know undecided
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by webpro(m): 8:36am On Mar 24, 2009
Wat do I say since i havent had any?
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by olulu(m): 8:53am On Mar 24, 2009
Nobody is above temptation, , everybody falls eventually.
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by bridget007(f): 9:06am On Mar 24, 2009
, that people can change into somebody very different very quickly.

, that being in love does not equal happiness.

, that trying to always look for good in the other and ignoring the bad is being too hopeful and you hurt yourself.

, never to lower your standards and allow/enable the other to do things you do not agree with (smoking pot/cheating) it on;ly means they wil do it again and again!

, never to let anyone undermine your self esteem or confidence.

, don't try too hard it won't make them love you more.

could write a book lol!

, never accept a man who will not accept your children, he will always pull you apart and create a wedge between you all.

, trust your intuition it is nearly always right!

, There are always plenty more fish in the sea, not just one love in your life, many loves.

, that life can change very quickly and if one man no matter how much you love him makes you unhappy there will be another man that loves and makes you very happy.

, Love is more than a feeling, its about companionship, the sharing of interests, communication, trust and yes a good sex life-you should never have to beg for sex.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by eyonigger(m): 9:46am On Mar 24, 2009
iice, why did u remove that thread? cry
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by iice(f): 10:07am On Mar 24, 2009
It was moved to the dating section.
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by vanderjo(m): 10:11am On Mar 24, 2009
I have learned never to love with my heart but with my head untill i find out if my partner is real,i have learned never to lower your your beliefs to accomodate anyone,i have learn to take time out before goin into a relationship,it helps more than you can imagine.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by eyonigger(m): 11:36am On Mar 24, 2009
u did yourself? or who is responsible for the transfer?
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Mar 24, 2009
Always keep an open heart and mind

When it's time to let go, do just that - Never drag a relationship on past it's time!
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by amyliajane(f): 12:19pm On Mar 24, 2009
Bridget007, quite said, tru though and dont assume that it would be o.k when ur heart tells u otherwise.
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by JJYOU: 12:42pm On Mar 24, 2009
bridget007:

, that people can change into somebody very different very quickly.

, that being in love does not equal happiness.

, that trying to always look for good in the other and ignoring the bad is being too hopeful and you hurt yourself.

, never to lower your standards and allow/enable the other to do things you do not agree with (smoking pot/cheating) it on;ly means they wil do it again and again!

, never to let anyone undermine your self esteem or confidence.

, don't try too hard it won't make them love you more.

could write a book lol!
TITLE - HOW TO AVOID NIGERIAN MEN[size=18pt][/size]

, never accept a man who will not accept your children, he will always pull you apart and create a wedge between you all.

, trust your intuition it is nearly always right!

, There are always plenty more fish in the sea, not just one love in your life, many loves.

, that life can change very quickly and if one man no matter how much you love him makes you unhappy there will be another man that loves and makes you very happy.

, Love is more than a feeling, its about companionship, the sharing of interests, communication, trust and yes a good sex life-you should never have to beg for sex.
you really learn the hard way as your lovely people say. sad i dont know why bad things happen to good people.
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by bridget007(f): 5:04pm On Mar 24, 2009
@ JJYOU, LOL thanks for the title hint!!! But, I won't tar all nigerian men with the same brush, xx
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by bluespice(f): 5:17pm On Mar 24, 2009
havent learnt nothing

oh wait i have!
no doesnt mean no, it means come on to me! angry
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by C2H5OH(f): 12:17am On Mar 25, 2009
As the infamous quote goes, I have learned that love breaks your heart to teach you to be strong. I die, just a little, so I can live a little bit more.
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by tnk24: 4:53am On Mar 25, 2009
When you love your partner deeply, at times, it is better not to show them the depth of that love.

Keep your emotions absolutely in check.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by tnk24: 4:55am On Mar 25, 2009
Again, always be true to yourself.
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by Gabry(f): 5:24am On Mar 25, 2009
@Poster,

sorry Im not sure about this topic sef.
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by Hollysmile: 10:46pm On Mar 25, 2009
I've learnt never to fully trust a woman, They don't worth it.
Secondly, i've learnt 2treat them, gals, like i don't care for dem.
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by Moyola(f): 10:51pm On Mar 25, 2009
That some guys can cry! shocked
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by C2H5OH(f): 11:07pm On Mar 25, 2009
tnk24:

When you love your partner deeply, at times, it is better not to show them the depth of that love.

Keep your emotions absolutely in check.

Hollysmile:

I've learnt never to fully trust a woman, They don't worth it.
Secondly, i've learnt 2treat them, gals, like i don't care for dem.

Patented!
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by bluespice(f): 11:10pm On Mar 25, 2009
all of y'all clamouring for the abolition of displays of affection
might u be obliged to give us reasons?
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by Gabry(f): 11:39pm On Mar 25, 2009
You guys are really mean. Just because someone dey do some shaity attitude you can treat the rest of them the same. . .

Thats not call learning. Thats being careful the next time you have another person come your way but still its not good to treat everybody the same.

Cause Im sure you do not like to be treated that way dont you?
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by tope2000(f): 11:42pm On Mar 25, 2009
nothing really undecided
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by C2H5OH(f): 11:56pm On Mar 25, 2009
bluespice:

all of y'all clamouring for the abolition of displays of affection
might u be obliged to give us reasons?
Abeg the reasons plenty o jare ma naija sista.

I have personally found that sassy britches will step all over you if you are too nice: always expressing your feelings to her, being generous, caring, and all that mushy stuff.  You lose your sense of power, and once that happens she will no longer find you appealing. It's as if you are not strong minded or have no power over your emotions. All the while the guy's intention was to make her happy. But he comes off as insecure or obsessive.
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Mar 25, 2009
C2H5OH:

Abeg the reasons plenty o jare ma naija sista.

I have personally found that these [b]sassy britches [/b]will step all over you if you are too nice: always expressing your feelings to her, being generous, caring, and all that mushy stuff. You lose your sense of power, and once that happens she will no longer find you appealing.
If you think you can handle then, then play the game.
If you don't think so, don't even take it as a challenge.

I seriously feel sorry for AA sometimes. Dating ghetto chicks can be a handful.
Re: What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? by bluespice(f): 12:02am On Mar 26, 2009
no
women treat men in mirror image of how they treat themselves around them
meaning whichever way a guy acts around a woman is how she is going to treat him
if he acts with self respet and respect for her, same
if not, dont blame her for teaching him how he should act
its not called walking over, its called putting him in some place
since its obvious he doesnt know where he belongs

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Are Most Nigerian Guys So Se.x Starved?????? / Life Golden Rules.. / If You Were To Date Any One On Nairaland Who Would You Pick?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.