Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,783 members, 7,806,170 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:23 PM

Beans Plant Duration - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Beans Plant Duration (15629 Views)

Seedlings And Their Duration Of Maturity / An 'ewedu' Plant That Is Almost Twice The Height Of An Average Female Being. / Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beans Plant Duration by Babprosper20(m): 1:18pm On Aug 13, 2015
Dear friends,
I planted white beans some time around march, the plant is growing fine, but it hasnt produced food{i dont knw d time it normally takes}. I ask arnd nd sum pips said after a month or two i shld see it yield, sum pips vn ask,me to cut it off.
So nairalanders what is the duration the plant shld tek normally b4 producing? is my plant doing well.? Its a white bean.Thanks

1 Like

Re: Beans Plant Duration by ekpesa(m): 2:43pm On Aug 15, 2016
Op I am presently planting beans in kaduna, so it depends on your location but generally beans does not require much rain that's why we are planting now

1 Like

Re: Beans Plant Duration by skindo(m): 6:31am On Sep 04, 2017
Dear friend,
can i still plant beans, want to start the planting on 4th and 5th september,2017. in kaduna south for commercial purpose
Re: Beans Plant Duration by hoyze24: 9:46am On Sep 04, 2017
You can but it has to be a variety that matures early. It's popularly called 40 days.
Re: Beans Plant Duration by Naijaepic: 11:46pm On Sep 04, 2017
Hello Boss,
How do i get "oloyin Beans" seeds for planting. Do you or anybody with ideas should get across here.

Thanks

ekpesa:
Op I am presently planting beans in kaduna, so it depends on your location but generally beans does not require much rain that's why we are planting now
Re: Beans Plant Duration by skindo(m): 6:40am On Sep 06, 2017
Dear friends
I actually planted white Iron beans yesterday and immediately after planting there was heavy down pour of rain. when precisely will it mature. from kaduna south
Re: Beans Plant Duration by skindo(m): 7:10am On Sep 06, 2017
hoyze24 what about Iron beans, thats what i actually planted yesterday been 5th september,2017
Re: Beans Plant Duration by hoyze24: 8:19pm On Sep 06, 2017
skindo:
hoyze24 what about Iron beans, thats what i actually planted yesterday been 5th september,2017
I do not know which variety iron beans is. All I know is tend it well so it can germinate properly and ensure to apply necessary chemicals at the right times. Wish you a bountiful harvest.
Re: Beans Plant Duration by skindo(m): 1:22am On Sep 07, 2017
hoyze24 thanks for your advice, i will like you to educate on the appropriate time to apply chemicals and name of chemicals to use. just going into beans farming for the first time
thanks once again
Re: Beans Plant Duration by shariff84: 6:35am On Sep 07, 2017
skindo:
hoyze24 thanks for your advice, i will like you to educate on the appropriate time to apply chemicals and name of chemicals to use. just going into beans farming for the first time
thanks once again
use imiforce and scorpion together and spray them at weekly interval when the beans start flowering.
Re: Beans Plant Duration by hoyze24: 10:13am On Sep 07, 2017
skindo:
thanks once again
You start chemical application from the flowering stage until pod formation. Make application routine. There are many chemicals available but best action seems to be the best I know of. it's expensive though.
Re: Beans Plant Duration by aquila3: 7:52pm On Sep 07, 2017
The best time to plant beans in SW nigeria is oct coz it only need water to germinate that all abt water requirement
Re: Beans Plant Duration by shariff84: 8:57pm On Sep 07, 2017
aquila3:
The best time to plant beans in SW nigeria is oct coz it only need water to germinate that all abt water requirement
It need rainfall for atleast 30 days after planting ooo

1 Like

Re: Beans Plant Duration by Naijaepic: 7:47am On Sep 14, 2017
Where can i get "ewa oloyin" seeds for planting. Minimum seeds require to cover 1acre of land.
Re: Beans Plant Duration by Kamkamdd: 5:44pm On Sep 29, 2017
Are there beans sellers here or only d famers?
Re: Beans Plant Duration by IhAvEaJoB01: 6:07pm On Sep 29, 2017
Wow. I also need answers for this question, it has not been answered.
I planted in February just to teach some kids the virtue in farming. This is September, there are leaves everywhere but no pods or beans.
Re: Beans Plant Duration by greenhope(m): 9:38am On Dec 05, 2017
Can beans be inter cropped with cassava
Re: Beans Plant Duration by bigdot1759(m): 6:59pm On Jan 13, 2018
good day house please can beans be inter cropped with maize
Re: Beans Plant Duration by shariff84: 9:44pm On Jan 13, 2018
bigdot1759:
yes thats how we normally do in the north,you plant maize around june and bean august
Re: Beans Plant Duration by Slurity(m): 7:48am On Jul 02, 2018
IhAvEaJoB01:
Wow. I also need answers for this question, it has not been answered.
I planted in February just to teach some kids the virtue in farming. This is September, there are leaves everywhere but no pods or beans.
You planted it at the very wrong time and the climatic conditions its falls into does not favour fruiting

1 Like

Re: Beans Plant Duration by Slurity(m): 7:49am On Jul 02, 2018
bigdot1759:
Yes but not heavily
Re: Beans Plant Duration by Easy023(m): 5:40am On Apr 17, 2020
What's the best time to plant beans in south west nigeria.
Re: Beans Plant Duration by AmeLonRo(m): 4:49pm On Aug 25, 2020
A farmer friend bought 40 days beans and am waiting for it to be harvested in 40 days to confirm. You wontbgetbsuch in the normal market though. Get close to real farmers around you.
Re: Beans Plant Duration by dangwebe(m): 9:48am On Sep 14, 2021
Newcomer here. I’ve done my plowing and harrowing of three hectares near Keffi, Central NIGERIA. It’s mid September and the rains will soon taper off. Please, please can anyone help me with a good source of a 40 day variety to plant now? dangwebe@gmail.com
Re: Beans Plant Duration by MistaMann: 2:57pm On Sep 14, 2021
dangwebe:
Newcomer here. I’ve done my plowing and harrowing of three hectares near Keffi, Central NIGERIA. It’s mid September and the rains will soon taper off. Please, please can anyone help me with a good source of a 40 day variety to plant now? dangwebe@gmail.com

I'll suggest you search for all those seed companies online and call them e.g premier seed and see if they have any. Am sure they'll have a representative in keffi or Karu.

Or you can ask among local farmers around you.

(1) (Reply)

Ukraine Ready To Establish Grain Hubs In Nigeria / My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) / Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.