Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? (50895 Views)

'I Need A Wealthy & Handsome Boyfriend, I Don't Care If He Is Gay- Lady / Never Knew How Much I Care About My Girl Until I Tried To Cheat / Nigerians Don't Like PDA? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by ronald4lif(m): 6:26pm On Aug 13, 2015
jamex93:
most ppl belive say big belle na sign of good living

Lol! True. To this set of people if you're fat or have protruded stomach you're living the good life and rich. But if you're not life is hard for you. Big stomach means you're chopping life. I bu dike lol.

A friend once alluded that someone in our village is poor and might be going through severe economic hardship, because of his slender look. He was surprised when told that the man has strings of businesses and also owns many properties in Lagos and onitsha.
Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by ttmacoy: 6:26pm On Aug 13, 2015
Not true. Most of the times it because they are desperate for papers and go for the fat white women with low self esteem who are desperate for men.

Nigerians abroad who already have papers and good jobs are not happy with very fat oyinbo ladies.

imhotep:

Ok LoL
But I have a friend who goes crazy for thick women (with or without big stomach).
He is not thick himself, just slim and not up to 6ft tall.
Many black men are very happy with those "fat" oyibo ladies also.
Another friend of mine detests skinny women LoL.
I dont think standards of beauty can be legislated.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Aug 13, 2015
My tummy is flat and thanks to the ladies who permit me to do press ups on the regularly and vigorously. cool

Say No To Protuded Belly. (Excluding the 4 F's).
Flatus
Fetus
Fluid
Faeces
Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by justmag(m): 6:28pm On Aug 13, 2015
I can't date a woman with a belly. I must be a different nigerian then.
Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by vickylala239: 6:29pm On Aug 13, 2015
MrsPhyno:
From my experience, it seems Nigerians don't really care about flat stomachs. Many people, even young females and males don't have them and don't seem concerned about that. In the Western World, to be considered attractive a flat stomach is a must, but many people who are called hot in Naija have protruding bellies.

This issue is irrespective of body type because I've seen a lot of slim people with larger stomachs too.

Is it that Nigerians don't care about a small waist and flat stomach as much as the rest of the world? And if so why not. This is actually a real health issue grin

Gel Dnt b deceive.

Go get pot belle n u will knw men love flat tummy.

It seems u Hv belle, u Neva strt.flat tummy is hot cake if u Dnt knw.

Slim n Cute is d best Nw ohh.

If u Lik go eat fufu n look Lik 20bags of garri n xpect men to like u.one chance will Nt Pass u by.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by GboGboAye: 6:29pm On Aug 13, 2015
MrsPhyno:
From my experience, it seems Nigerians don't really care about flat stomachs. Many people, even young females and males don't have them and don't seem concerned about that. In the Western World, to be considered attractive a flat stomach is a must, but many people who are called hot in Naija have protruding bellies.

This issue is irrespective of body type because I've seen a lot of slim people with larger stomachs too.

Is it that Nigerians don't care about a small waist and flat stomach as much as the rest of the world? And if so why not. This is actually a real health issue grin
i agree with you.
I think we were designed to be "thick".
Everything sort of plays a role in that- the types of foods we eat, the nature of our life style. Sometimes even if you don't want to be grab you end up being grab.
God designed us uniquely, but some of us want to be toothpicks because the westerners are toothpicks.
To be honest, i don't know how skeletons are sexy.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by ronald4lif(m): 6:30pm On Aug 13, 2015
Protruded stomach is a huge turn off for me. People should be able to control their food intake and know what triggers unhealthy fats in the body and tummy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by pneumonic: 6:30pm On Aug 13, 2015
misspicy:

1)Op why exactly should Nigerians care about flat stomach,with all the problems we facing,na flat stomach we go.start to worry about

2)with all d copy copy we don copy the western world sotey most of our cultures and traditions have been abolished,eg girls dressing half n.aked in d name of looking beautiful,you still want to add flat stomach syndrome?...is big stomach associated with fashion again

3)please I need you to enlighten me about the health issue associated to natural big stomachs,not d disease or illness caused big stomach.

High Cholesterol
High B.P.
Potential Heart attack
Sudden death

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by 9jatatafo(m): 6:31pm On Aug 13, 2015
Effect of eating big bowl of eba with ogbono soup served with cow leg, shaki, assorted by 10pm and wash down with 2 bottles of beer and climb bed after 10 minutes.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by uracocksucker: 6:31pm On Aug 13, 2015
MrsPhyno:

What do you want me to say exactly.....
That's just my build
so you saying you look like Serena Williams ?
Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by DROGON: 6:31pm On Aug 13, 2015
The thing is Excess fat is not good esp Tummy fat.

But you're talking abt it not in a medical way... You're talking abt attraction... I personally wouldn't be attracted to a girl with A big tummy( that's my choice) and you're saying Americans this,Americans that.

Americans consider skinny girls as HOT we( including me) don't like skinny girls... I'd rather go for someone like Selena Gomez/ Katy perry/ Meghan trainor than someone like Taylor swift/Gwyneth paltrow/Emma Watson.

But for the big tummy...don't let anyone deceive you... No body likes it.

Even me.BTW I'm not skinny nor slim so this is not an insult to anybody.
Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Aug 13, 2015
uracocksucker:

so you saying you look like Serena Williams ?
Lol nooooo
What I'm saying is that I'm not skinny and I'm not even slim and I have a flat stomach.

I didn't say I have abs, I'm not muscular. It's just flat.

Anything else sir?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by mymissingrib(m): 6:33pm On Aug 13, 2015
na lady's own dey annoying pass especially after dem don drop two pikin
Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by darlenese(f): 6:33pm On Aug 13, 2015
Op can I see your stomach?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 13, 2015
evegran:
Op don't mind Nigerians.

I care deeply about stomachs. I have a flat stomach and I'm always showing it off. smiley

Letz see ur "flat stomach"
Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by ronald4lif(m): 6:37pm On Aug 13, 2015
ttmacoy:
Not true. Most of the times it because they are desperate for papers and go for the fat white women with low self esteem who are desperate for men.

Nigerians abroad who already have papers and good jobs are not happy with very fat oyinbo ladies.

You hit it right. Most immigrants dating or marrying westerners with protruded stomach or overweight are doing so for the papers not for love or companionship. Once they secure what they want it's a different story.

In most part of the western world excess body fat is being frowned upon and the mainstream media keeps projecting a negative image about unhealthy fat in the body. This have consciously or subconsciously made the populace to despise fat and find it unattractive. The truth however is that stomach fat is unhealthy and should be discouraged.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by blinxbest(m): 6:38pm On Aug 13, 2015
who cares?!
Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 13, 2015
Which part of Nigeria does the op live?

Am shocked at this topic. shocked

The Nigerians in Lagos that I know care about their stomachs o. Even my dad is very picky about what he eats so he won't develop pot belly.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by kossyablaze(m): 6:39pm On Aug 13, 2015
imhotep:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder,
Many aspects of beauty are also culturally determined..
Hmmmm I admire ur username bro...Do u knw the meaning?I'm sure u knw who he is lol

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by Mznaett: 6:40pm On Aug 13, 2015
Few days ago one of my gf's told me she likes my stomach alot lol. Infacts,My friends love my stomach cuz it's flat and sexy. Kikikikiki
Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 13, 2015
misspicy:

1)Op why exactly should Nigerians care about flat stomach,with all the problems we facing,na flat stomach we go.start to worry about

2)with all d copy copy we don copy the western world sotey most of our cultures and traditions have been abolished,eg girls dressing half n.aked in d name of looking beautiful,you still want to add flat stomach syndrome?...is big stomach associated with fashion again

3)please I need you to enlighten me about the health issue associated to natural big stomachs,not d disease or illness caused big stomach.
you sound like been pragmatic in your approach, flat belly should be taken serious irrespective of civilisation o. Na d olden days wen girl dey tie only wrapper hin better, but now those tight clothes will reveal everyting. By the way am working everyday to keep fit with good belly and abs, after all the stress you still expect me to get a girl with BIG belly??

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by Spidermon: 6:41pm On Aug 13, 2015
misspicy:

I am answering only the 3rd question. Read up on "Metabolic syndrome"

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by uracocksucker: 6:41pm On Aug 13, 2015
MrsPhyno:

Lol nooooo
What I'm saying is that I'm not skinny and I'm not even slim and I have a flat stomach.

I didn't say I have abs, I'm not muscular. It's just flat.

Anything else sir?

Highly unlikely that ....have to see to believe
Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by 2dice(m): 6:42pm On Aug 13, 2015
Randyhot:
..lools..you summed it up...dude.
lol... Big tummy... Big account cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by emmykk(m): 6:44pm On Aug 13, 2015
dukeolumde:

Then he obviously needs to come learn Opiotus5o1 and Opiotus502 from munwaness grin grin grin grin
baddest fucker ever liveth Lol
Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by Abduletudaye(m): 6:44pm On Aug 13, 2015
Well, i feel having a flat tommy is very important. I just dislike big chummy.. grin
Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by 2dice(m): 6:45pm On Aug 13, 2015
redgem:

look well, you will see I have flatty
all I can see is flat fone .... Maybe a tummy selfie... Might convince my eyes grin
Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by melodies: 6:45pm On Aug 13, 2015
naijaboiy:

Y'all are sounding like flat tummy is the "in-thing" and i'm telling you that it varies for everyone.

There's no redundancy there. undecided

So on point, so so on point
Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by BraniacX(m): 6:46pm On Aug 13, 2015
Who flat stomach don help?

My own never help me win alabi sef so make una lock up jhorr!! undecided

But truth be told, people usually take me to be a decade younger than i actually am so is it the tummy? I can't say lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 13, 2015
I luv my big tommy plus my long height,i luv evrytn about myself cos I am black man nd not oyinbo, I eat my eba nd look forward 2 take my bear in d evening. My grand ma has dsame structure as I do nd she is 95 now hail nd healthy. Money is needed jare

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by vickylala239: 6:49pm On Aug 13, 2015
misspicy:

If u Dnt Hv anything to say y Nt shut d hell up.

Ppl like u r the ones Mking Nigeria look bad.

Who told u we Dnt Hv n cherish flat tummy.

Hw mny gels listen to flat tummy if Nt money.

Jst park if u Dnt Hv Anytin to say.

Bring it on am waiting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Why You Shouldn't Toy With Your Sex Organs / Secrets About Girls And How Our Mind Works!! / Isoko Man Leaves A Beautiful Young Lady Heartbroken And In Tears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.