Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,616 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:19 PM

How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage (28469 Views)

"My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story / My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home / I Am Beginning To Despise My Parents... Am I Overreacting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage by sltn(m): 9:03pm On Aug 14, 2015
hmm what a story! so that how it hmmm erm sorry eh
Re: How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage by enoqueen: 9:03pm On Aug 14, 2015
Pele.
Re: How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage by wellmax(m): 9:04pm On Aug 14, 2015
Eyyya
Re: How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage by DrGroove(f): 9:06pm On Aug 14, 2015
So you even TRUSTED your husband before? Error!
Thank God for bringing back your sense before you make the greatest mistake of trusting a human being.
Re: How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage by Splendidee(m): 9:08pm On Aug 14, 2015
Cutehector:
There is an association in d catholic church, its called justice dispute and peace smth smth, JDPC. They solve problems like this.... There members are mostly retired barristers or serving lawyers... So ask for this people in any catholic church, they will tell u whne they hold their meetins and u go there and inform them about ur matter... They will intervene...
well said
Re: How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage by 9jatatafo(m): 9:08pm On Aug 14, 2015
Madam do you respect your man? Many women have very sharp tongue and can say very harmful and insulting words to their man. Do you cook his food as at when due? How caring are you? When you people were in courtship, did you notice any of the signs?

2 Likes

Re: How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 14, 2015
The advice you crave for, is as simple as marriage isn't a do or die affair. There is nothing normal about domestic violence.

I think both you and your husband had thwarted childhoods. He picked it up somewhere, same way you picked up your endurance spirit from your mum.

Why would you both be fighting, are you Undertaker?

Seek professional advice/marriage counselling from the necessary quarters. There is no difference between Nairaland and the third parties that killed your parents marriage_ albeit one is visual than the other.

6 Likes

Re: How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage by ednut1(m): 9:08pm On Aug 14, 2015
all this scary marriage tales self. at ikoyi prisons 75 of d inmates are wife killers. no woman shud stay wit a wife beater. dem no wise up till dey die. mtcjeeew

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage by Abugab(m): 9:11pm On Aug 14, 2015
Going to the basics; what usually leads to the disagreements and beating?
That should be the starting point as something has happened to the love and passion that brought both of you together. Try to figure out that disconnect and see how you can work on it sincerely.
Lasting relationships always happen due to compromises from both ends.
Try to also establish and effective communication with your husband and share almost everything thing with him. Its not a foolish act to do so as I know how much good effective communication carried out genuinely helps a marriage.
Always bring God into any disagreement as He is the best third party to bring into any matter concerning couples. Humans will destroy your marriage no matter the relationship with them.

1 Like

Re: How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage by Moskylatata(m): 9:14pm On Aug 14, 2015
There is a pattern here. your parents have established a pattern that is passing down possibly to the 4th generation. There are no new demons, as the demons we fight today are the same demons our fathers fought. you need to deal with this foundational issue before it ruins your marriage just as it ruined your parents marriage. The first step is to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. then establish an altar (a prayer altar) with fasting and fervent prayer, then make a sacrifice like you have never done before. I assure you, you will break away from this pattern in Jesus name.

I wish you the best dear!

6 Likes

Re: How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage by preciousMI1(f): 9:15pm On Aug 14, 2015
pick up your broken piece and go to God in prayer because he instituted the school "MARRIAGE "

Go to a bookshop pick up these books "POWER OF A PRAYING WIFE" & "THE POWER OF PRAYER TO CHANGE YOUR MARRIAGE" BY "STORMIE OMARTIAN"

Channel your time of crying and thinking to prayers and start foreseeing a loving home

above all

be submissive...

nag not...

be soft spoken....

be positive and encourage him...

forgive him...

best of luck...

1 Like

Re: How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage by chronique(m): 9:17pm On Aug 14, 2015
Oh my goodness! Hubby shares upkeep with you 50/50? I can only appreciate my wife if She supports me when I'm having financial issues but to share family upkeep? Hell no.
oyizaoyiza:
AUNTY, I WANT TO TELL YOU SOME TRUTHS...........I KNOW YOU MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO TAKE THEM BUT IT IS THE TRUTH..

1. YOUR HUSBAND WILL BEAT YOU SOME MORE AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.
2. HE WILL KEEP TELLING HIS FRIENDS ABOUT EVERY 'SILLY' MISTAKE OF YOURS AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.
3.YOU WILL KEEP CONVINCING YOURSELF THAT YOU ARE THE VICTIM AND THE GOOD WIFE AND THERE IS NOTHING NLDERS CAN DO ABOUT THAT.

DOES YOU HUBBY COME HOME AND START INSULTING YOU WITHOUT YOU PROMPTING HIM TO?
SOMEHOW YOU CLEVERLY OMITTED THE THINGS YOU DO THAT MAKES HIM ANGRY, TRYING TO PLAY THE VICTIM...WHY?

BEHAVE RIGHT! IF HE WANTS ANYTHING GIVE HIM...BE SUBMISSIVE! COOK GOOD FOOD! MAKE HIM HAPPY!
......AND I PROMISE YOU EXCEPT HE IS MAD, HE WILL SING YOUR PRAISE TO ALL HIS FRIENDS AND FAMILY MEMBERS.

at the DDeliverer,

Thank you for your contribution,I except response like this on this platform,I would never be pissed with your opinion because you are not living under the same room with us.I am a very loving wife that know my duty fully well in my husbands house,read between the lines and see where i quoted that i love my husband so very well,a point of correction based on your post i am not playing the role of a victim here not all i cant be writing all what has transpired between us on this platform as it might take days to finish the story,How will you feel if your wife keeps comparing you to her father and brother as at every little oppurtunity.A man that shares home monetary responsibilities with you on a basis of 50/50 and still tarnish your image between his friends and folks.just to mention few.and i still declare my love for him outrightly.Dear Ddeliverer all i want is a constructive opinion.Thank you for your opinion though

2 Likes

Re: How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage by Nobody: 9:18pm On Aug 14, 2015
Hmmm sista may God take control of every because what will be will be... Then how comes you're Oyiza which is a name in Ebira Tao of Kogi State and you said your dad is from Okun land? Hmmmmmmmmm coma oooo I get as ebi oooo
oyizaoyiza:
hello my fellow nairalanders,

My name is oyiza, I am from kogi state in nigeria, An event happened to me in the course of growing up as a child that is still ever fresh in my memory and something similar is happening in my marriage presently.

My dad was from kogi state kabba precisely, My mum is from idoma but she lived in lagos and understands yoruba to a fault. My mum is a primary school teacher, My dad was a civil servant in one of the ministries in lagos then.

As a young teenager i knew that my uncles and my aunties where always coming to our house to resolve issues between my dad and my mum ,My father was the one always telling his siblings about how USELESS and disobidient my mother was.

Eventually the issue of my dad letting his families into there marriage became a very BIG ISSUE as every one tagged my mother as the BAD WIFE.

It was a tug of war that lasted for years,Eventually my dad sisters came to our house and threw my mum loads out of the house.

My mum pleaded to come back into the suffering as my mum was always been beating in our presence frequently by my dad.

My mum left and my dads relative had oppurtunity to take over all what my dad and mum had built over the years. Eventually my dad became responsible for the payment of his siblings children school bill at the detriment of his childrens education.

*Me and my folks had to pick up sales girl and sales boy job to further our education with support from the tiny salary mummy was getting.

His business that was booming went into demurage ,he started begging from hand to mouth his sisters and brother abandonded him for that period,i was almost graduadting from school when this strange ailment came upon him, we took him from different hospital to another, Doctors took different tests but nothing was found in his body, we took him to three different churches and we were told that its a spiritual attack that was placed on him by one of his family members that asked for money from him but h
e didn't give.Fast

forwarded my Dad died 2months to my wedding day. My dad and mum had the best of marriage but trouble started when my dad was always labelling my mum as Evil to his siblings.The most painful thing is that all they laboured for got wiped away in there very eyes as my mum dare not talk where my aunties and uncles are simply because of the way my dad had spoken of her in there presence.

Hence i need help, I have been married for just 3yrs ,we have fought in our marriage but my husband had reported me to his friends and parents more than 3 times his friends call me to now find out what transpired between us.To me i feel so ridiculed as i sincerely hate people putting there mouth in my home affairs, except COUNSELLORS if need should be.

My husband had beaten me before without mentioning it to a single soul. But if its him he wont hesitate to feed his friend and siblings,The first time it happened we talked about it but it happened again 5 days ago,I love my Husband But i dont TRUST HIM AGAIN.I

felt Betrayed by my husband,i dont want what happened to my dad and mum to happen to me as this was the exact way there issues started way back then before it eventually resulted in divorce and then my father died mysteriously just two months to my day of joy.

Please no insult, Advise on how to resolve this is all i need.

*Note that i have been praying too*.constructive ideas,What are the consequences of Bringing Third parties into marriages, please share your experiences.
Re: How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage by Yinkame123(m): 9:21pm On Aug 14, 2015
The problem with our marriage nowadays in opinion was that we tend to expect some pattern of behavior from our partners and when what we does not follow that pattern we tend to be disappointed and start having grudges. While what we term as third party in most cases are what is a catalyst to help some our problems. What do you think could be the consequences of that man holding that thought in his mind which could make him explode and do something crazy. For the friends to have called you to asked for what happened it means your husband trust his friends and they give you chance to defend yourself. What if they refused to call you and just concluded you are a bad woman. Shy not see light in what you see as darkness? In most cases those people we despise are the ones that tells the truth without looking at our faces.
A brother was once caught by the wife cheating. The wife got annoyed and went to her father to report. The father annoying in the presence of the wife summons the husband to see him. When the husband got to the father in law house, he excused the husband to his inner bedroom while the wife and the mother were in the living room. As they entered the bedroom the wife excused herself and went behind the window of the room to listened to what the father will tell the husband. She was surprised when the father in law said to the husband " oh boy you messed up o how will your wife caught you in act you are not smart at all" the daughter heard this and started crying that the father is encouraging the husband to cheat on her. The father response was that " my dear daughter am only buying a seat for you in your husband house. What will one say to such response. Please be guided.
Re: How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage by passionate88: 9:22pm On Aug 14, 2015
If there is violence in your marriage, I'd advice you to just leave your house and visit your brother or sister, and can't you explain to your in laws?.

There is something I learnt/inherited from my mom, she always keep things to herself.. There was a time that my dad's relations called mom and asked her if they (my parent's) ever quarrel because she hasn't been complaining to them about anything he does to her. There are many reasons why I get scared when the word marriage comes up... I hate marriage, I pray not to get married ever... Modern day marriages are just scams and shams
Re: How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage by creepsyme(f): 9:22pm On Aug 14, 2015
pls find out from ur mum both family history on marriage abuse this could be an evil pattern so u can seek for delievrance asap before ur marriage will crash. kill the evil beast before it kills u. my advice though...

1 Like

Re: How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage by Mznaett: 9:22pm On Aug 14, 2015
I wish I could help cry
Re: How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage by admax(m): 9:24pm On Aug 14, 2015
It's good you voiced out but unfortunately this Nairaland is the wrong place to seek counselling....contact: www.covenantrelationships.org, ASSOCIATION OF CHRISTIAN COUNSELLORS OF NIGERIA, 8 SANNI ADELE CLOSE, AJAO ESTATE, ISOLO, LAGOS. +234-8033330759, info@accnig.org, accnig@yahoo.com....etc
Re: How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage by rhymesteey(f): 9:25pm On Aug 14, 2015
I tiya ooo... Kabba that i know doesnt bear oyiza... Firstly madam oyiza u need to be truthful to yourself and realise your mistakes cos all this lies u re sharing daris God ooooo
Joavid:
Offtopic. Oyizaoyiza, how come your dad is kabba and your mum is idoma but your name is Oyiza?

Oyiza is an ebira name.
Re: How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage by andyanders: 9:25pm On Aug 14, 2015
My sister, having gone through your post, I deduce this to be an issue that is spiritual as ONLY deliverance can take you off from this issue.

I have a lady friend that had a similar problem and she was advised to seek for deliverance but she refused and at the end, she was thrown out of her matrimonial home and the marriage crashed.

I could remember vividly while I was driving somewhere with her and she narrated to me of what she was passing through and it was same issue that her mother had and at the end the marriage collapsed.She was like " is this how my marriage was going to end?" She was advised to seek for deliverance and she was hoping of getting the issue handled by herself, until her husband and his relations ended up throwing her out.

Seek help from God cus this is a dangerous issue and I am glad you have seen the threat, so you have to stand up and seek God's face.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 14, 2015
LED signs available for sale!

Attract everyone passing by to your business.
Fully customizable, very bright, eye catching, can be programmed with whatever text you want.

Get your LED sign today and increase customers>>>>>

Call/whatsApp : 07066114612

https://www.nairaland.com/2362514/buy-scrolling-led-signs-customized

Re: How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage by Nobody: 9:32pm On Aug 14, 2015
What as igbira, kabba and her name (Oyiza) got to do with the Op's plight?

@Op I have never been married or in the Ministry. But 1 thing I am certain about is I can Never CONTINUE to love a man that hits me!

3 Likes

Re: How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage by DTOBS(m): 9:37pm On Aug 14, 2015
all I can see and say is "generational curse" at work... beware,pray without ceasing...
Re: How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage by bonetalk(m): 9:38pm On Aug 14, 2015
Gloriagee:
Hi dear,

So sorry bout wat ure going through. Its horrible when the one thing uve dreaded all ur life appears to confront u. I don't advocate speaking to third parties, esp because the advise ure going to get will inevitably be flavoured by the third party's experiences. So, their advice is typically biased and from their perspective too.

The domestic violence is a no no for me. Why does he have to resort to violence...it's plain unacceptable and must be stopped immediately. Both of you need to see a marriage counsellor and fast too. Ur husband seems to recognise there are issues but the manner hes going bout reeks of immaturity cos he doesn't know half of what's going on in his friends' marriages behind closed doors.

n pls never under estimate the power of prayers. Cos it breaks my heart wen I see negative patterns repeated across family lines. U have to break the evil pattern that occurred in ur mum's life that now wants to destroy ur marriage. Cry unto God and ask Him to change ur story like Jabez did. He's still in the business of answering prayers. It is well!
[b]
Gloriagee:
Hi dear,

So sorry bout wat ure going through. Its horrible when the one thing uve dreaded all ur life appears to confront u. I don't advocate speaking to third parties, esp because the advise ure going to get will inevitably be flavoured by the third party's experiences. So, their advice is typically biased and from their perspective too.

The domestic violence is a no no for me. Why does he have to resort to violence...it's plain unacceptable and must be stopped immediately. Both of you need to see a marriage counsellor and fast too. Ur husband seems to recognise there are issues but the manner hes going bout reeks of immaturity cos he doesn't know half of what's going on in his friends' marriages behind closed doors.

n pls never under estimate the power of prayers. Cos it breaks my heart wen I see negative patterns repeated across family lines. U have to break the evil pattern that occurred in ur mum's life that now wants to destroy ur marriage. Cry unto God and ask Him to change ur story like Jabez did. He's still in the business of answering prayers. It is well!
[/b]
Gloriagee:
Hi dear,

the last paragraph says it all
Re: How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage by bokmal(m): 9:38pm On Aug 14, 2015
Please prayerfully watch this video from Elijah House:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APNXf-mW2oo
Re: How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage by 400billionman: 9:39pm On Aug 14, 2015
Tell your husband you love him so much. Infact tell him this story. Don't always insist on having your way. Be diplomatic in marriage. Pray with your husband everyday..

1 Like

Re: How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage by Nobody: 9:39pm On Aug 14, 2015
one of my relatives had a similar problem...his wife was a nag and trouble seeker.

the wife's mum left her father due to domestic violence; her father always beating her mother.
when the girl married, she started to always provoke her husband and did things that made him almost hit her.
her saving grace was that the husband understood the family she came from, and vowed never to touch her.
the man always said that when he got tired of her tantrums (she used to hold him on his shirt or trousers at the slightest provocation) he said he would simply send her packing because he cannot be a wife beater.

so far they are still together, and she has somehow calmed down and stopped her violent streaks.

OP just make sure that you have removed all of your mother's traits in you o. we all love our mothers and see them as role models even when some of them are wrong.
you are an adult now. so build your own home like a free adult (totally separate and different from your mother) in her husbands house.
you are not your mother.
words of wisdom given free of charge.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage by Nwogeh: 9:40pm On Aug 14, 2015
Make those people he complains to ur friends and use dem to ur advantage even if it wii attract extra costs
Stop talking when eva he gets flared up to avoid d beating.....no man can eva beat a woman dt do not talk back at or argue wt him
Stop believing that ur marriage wil go d way of ur mother
Start saving money even if it means reducing ur financial responsibility in d house
Try to find out if he still luv u, if no try to know why
When eva he is complaining of somtn abt u, or weneva he compares u, try as much as posible to note dt thing he complains abt n try as much as posible to avoid doing dt again
Try and talk to doz people he respects.very much
Try hard to institute a regula marriage evaluation meeting mayb monthly in ur house wher evryone wil be free to air their pains

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 14, 2015
one of the funny but effective prayer points by one of the new generation churches in Nigeria go thus:

I jump out of my mother.
I jump out of my mother.
I jump out of my mother.

In the name of Jesus! cheesy
Re: How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage by Excellentmind: 9:44pm On Aug 14, 2015
You need to examine yourself properly and discover that area of your life where you always get wrong without noticing it.

Based on the picture you painted about your parents marital affairs, you feel that your mum was not treated fairly, and that has left you with a cry for vengeance which you display sometimes without knowing it. This off course, will infuriate your husband after examining himself and finding nothing that warrants such behaviour.

2 Likes

Re: How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage by Raxxye(m): 9:45pm On Aug 14, 2015
I don't know why I have this feeling that you are a bit economical with the truth and trying to play the victim. I wish we can hear the man's side of the story. In any case, I wish you good luck and quick resolution of the issues in your home!
Re: How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage by Raxxye(m): 9:46pm On Aug 14, 2015
Excellentmind:
You need to examine yourself properly and discover that area of your life where you always get wrong without noticing it.

Based on the picture you painted about your parents marital affairs, you feel that your mum was not treated fairly, and that has left you with a cry for vengeance which you display sometimes without knowing it. This off course, will infuriate your husband after examining himself and finding nothing that warrants such behaviour.
Nice one, my dear. This sounds very much like the situation playing out there!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Parents Are Against Me Getting Married / My Colleague's Husband Stresses His Wife Daily / His Mother Said His Fiancee Is Not Beautiful And Classy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.