Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,777 members, 7,806,140 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating (5798 Views)

8 Things You Can Do To Get A Job Despite Graduating With A 2.2 / 8 Things You Can Do To Get A Job Despite Graduating With A 2.2 / Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 13, 2015
I'm kinda getting frustrated and tired. Been sending applications for the past 2yrs now and have not even got job interview to crown my effort. I review my CV almost every week, I've done several prayers, have even paid pledges and made different vows yet nothing is coming fort I don't rlly knw wat seems to b d problem. I've confident in my ability and skills and I knw I can do even better than fellow engrs alrdy working because I've proofed it during my time @ sch. I'm rlly tired of this I must say. age is counting and no capital to even start a trade. Somebody pls help me!!
Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by MRBrownJ: 7:01pm On Aug 13, 2015
there must be a really big obstacle in your CV, review it carefully or paste it here (without personal details) for us to evaluate it.

1 Like

Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by missKiffy(f): 7:01pm On Aug 13, 2015
Sorry, this storm will pass but it's kind of worrisome that you've gotten no single interview invite for two years. Nevertheless don't give up. Keep applying, God knows best and he will answer you at His own best time

7 Likes

Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by Godmother(f): 7:12pm On Aug 13, 2015
This is serious. Have you tried having your CV appraised? Then never forget God and the place of prayer. Also what kind of jobs do you apply for?
Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by LaurelP(m): 7:23pm On Aug 13, 2015
What course did u study? what grade did u finish with? do u apply with desktop or phone? check ur cv, are d contact info on it correct? is ur cv in order? do u use job sites?

1 Like

Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by SadiqDO(m): 7:38pm On Aug 13, 2015
I'm afraid you're probably looking for jobs the wrong way. Check out these 2 guides by a fellow Nairalander (not me!):

"Free Guide: How I helped 6 people get jobs in about 2 months"

https://gbudoh.

I really really found them useful and I trust that if you follow the advice on there you would get a job within some months (barring any other obstacles). Let me know how it goes...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 13, 2015
SadiqDO:
I'm afraid you're probably looking for jobs the wrong way. Check out these 2 guides by a fellow Nairalander (not me!):

I really really found them useful and I trust that if you follow the advice on there you would get a job within some months (barring any other obstacles). Let me know how it goes...

Ok I'll take a look @ it. Many thanks
Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 13, 2015
LaurelP:
What course did u study? what grade did u finish with?
do u apply with desktop or phone?
check ur cv, are d contact info on it correct?
is ur cv in order?
do u use job sites?

Petroleum and Gas engr (2.2), Uniport. I use both a laptop n my phone but mostly laptop to apply. I've got burn ot using hotnigerianjobs, rigzone, joblist...so many of dem...I even have a good linkIn profile. Honestly I'm tired...some times I wanna shed tears, had I got sb to clean it up for me.
Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by Nobody: 8:18pm On Aug 13, 2015
MRBrownJ:
there must be a really big obstacle in your CV, review it carefully or paste it here (without personal details) for us to evaluate it.

Pls maybe I need it. Can u help me make an appraisal I would appreciate in a millions
Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by Alvanify(m): 8:19pm On Aug 13, 2015
Something is either wrong with your cv or your cv doesn't review your skills,vocational and professional certifications. It's a different ball game at the labor market, you need at least more of vocational skill of competence to backup the theory you have learnt in school. If you have something to offer an employer your cv will review it.
Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by MRBrownJ: 8:46pm On Aug 13, 2015
forix4u:

Pls maybe I need it. Can u help me make an appraisal I would appreciate in a millions

again bro, copy and paste it here for all to possibly help you improve your CV, and see what is wrong with it.
Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by LaurelP(m): 8:46pm On Aug 13, 2015
forix4u:

Petroleum and Gas engr (2.2), Uniport. I use both a laptop n my phone but mostly laptop to apply. I've got burn ot using hotnigerianjobs, rigzone, joblist...so many of dem...I even have a good linkIn profile. Honestly I'm tired...some times I wanna shed tears, had I got sb to clean it up for me.

Forget dis self pity and be a man. Work on your CV, its the only contact between u and employers. If you're not very sure abt its quality then have a CV reviewer do it for you. It costs less than 3k.

Open a jobberman acct, many have gotten jobs thru them including me. Visit jobzilla, nairaland job section and NBF jobs daily and subscribe to their mails.

Network with people in your church, mosque or anywhere. Don't be afraid or shy to announce that you're looking for a job. U have to be confident and smart to survive in this country o. Go round your area and drop your CV in companies and schools and pray to your God bro.
I believe sth will definitely come out of it. Don't ever pity yourself, stand up and do sth abt ur situation!

9 Likes

Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by profinaya: 8:46pm On Aug 13, 2015
U need to see village people, or ask your parent make dem go appease the gods

2 Likes

Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by eipreel(f): 8:54pm On Aug 13, 2015
Ha! shocked
Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 13, 2015
You don't have a problem, you've just been applying for the wrong jobs.

What you need to do is start being selective of the kind of jobs you apply for.

I rarely send applications to the big Dogs The Total, Shell, Chevron, Saipem,NLNG, and the likes rarely get applications from me grin. Even when I reluctantly do, I just lock up. Because the reality is that they rarely give you a feedback on your application.

what then Do I do?

I apply to the relatively small-big not too known companies grin, because most times I get a feedback (usually positive) due to the small pool of candidate I wrestle with.

In less than a year to the glory of God, I have followed this ridiculous route and I have not just gotten over 10 Apptitude Test invitations, but also gotten to the interview stage of about 7 different companies.

As you can guess, where I work now is a Small-Big not too known company in Lekki. I applied on a Tuesday, got a call on Wednesday to come for an interview on Thursday. Convinced the HR I was good enough and she asked when I can resume. I told her Monday cheesy

15 Likes

Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by SylarsMcQuins: 9:19pm On Aug 13, 2015
SadiqDO:

Guy ve tried my possible best buh it aint downloading, any help
Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 13, 2015
taiwolusol:

I rarely send applications to the big Dogs The Total, Shell, Chevron
Op the answer to your problem has been stated above.
Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by SylarsMcQuins: 9:22pm On Aug 13, 2015
SadiqDO:

forix4u:

Ok I'll take a look @ it. Many thanks

Pls have u downloaded it?
Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by beau49: 10:01pm On Aug 13, 2015
eipreel:
Ha! shocked

This your ha! Is funny.

Sometimes you hear the complains of others and yours pales in comparison. Am just curious as to the reason behind him not getting a single interview for two years now.
Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by Nobody: 10:06pm On Aug 13, 2015
MRBrownJ:

again bro, copy and paste it here for all to possibly help you improve your CV, and see what is wrong with it.
@laurelP...thanks, ur advice will be strictly adhered to but main while let me copy and past my cv. Thanks every one.
Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by Danbam(m): 10:08pm On Aug 13, 2015
taiwolusol:

I rarely send applications to the big Dogs The Total, Shell, Chevron, Saipem,NLNG, and the likes rarely get applications from me grin. Even when I reluctantly do, I just lock up. Because the reality is that they rarely give you a feedback on your application.

what then Do I do?

I apply to the relatively small-big not too known companies grin, because most times I get a feedback (usually positive) due to the small pool of candidate I wrestle with.

In less than a year to the glory of God, I have followed this ridiculous route and I have not just gotten over 10 Apptitude Test invitations, but also gotten to the interview stage of about 7 different companies.

As you can guess, where I work now is a Small-Big not too known company in Lekki. I applied on a Tuesday, got a call on Wednesday to come for an interview on Thursday. Convinced the HR I was good enough and she asked when I can resume. I told her Monday cheesy

Your story us quite interesting and fascinating....was dia an advertised vacancy ir just a random CV submission on their Ste?
Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by JefLonDon(m): 10:14pm On Aug 13, 2015
taiwolusol:

what then Do I do?

Guy!!!!!

Stop to dey Lie Na!!!!!

Shey u be SOLOMON GRANDY!!!!

Abeg Gerrara Here Mehn!!!!

1 Like

Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by JefLonDon(m): 10:21pm On Aug 13, 2015
Mr OP, my kind advice is Simple

Don't apply for online jobs alone, go out to places n drop ur CV........Ur inability to get a job is cuz of ur 2.2 grade, its really a killing factor.

Online jobs are usually crowded dat dey tend to take on d best qualified ones(2.1 and 1st class)

Go to some companies not necessary big ones n apply E.g Spectranet, OLX etc

Networking matters alot......or better still go to Agencies or support solution companies like SOL, ICSL n VLA

Dey help tho........for more info, hala me
Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by mazechdotcom: 10:56pm On Aug 13, 2015
Helpful tip:

How Many Versions of My CVs Do I Need?

Read more - https://www.mazech.com/job_application

Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by Nobody: 11:09pm On Aug 13, 2015
JefLonDon:

Guy!!!!!

Stop to dey Lie Na!!!!!

Shey u be SOLOMON GRANDY!!!!

Abeg Gerrara Here Mehn!!!!

Wareva undecided
Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by Nobody: 11:14pm On Aug 13, 2015
Danbam:

Your story us quite interesting and fascinating....was dia an advertised vacancy ir just a random CV submission on their Ste?

It was an advertised vacancy.
Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by Nobody: 6:35am On Aug 14, 2015
Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by jarkata(m): 7:15am On Aug 14, 2015
profinaya:
U need to see village people, or ask your parent make dem go appease the gods
I don't know why some people use everything to play ,anybody can be a victim, it is only grace dat sustain us. Don't play with someone's problem, u might be a victim of another problem tmrow

3 Likes

Re: Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating by vicsoj007(m): 10:05am On Aug 14, 2015
apply for a private secondary school teacher, you will get interview invitation in a week

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If You Can Solve This Puzzle, Were Hiring - It’s About Trying To Solve Problems / Massive Recruitment At Lead City University For Academic Staff – Apply Now / Access Bank Entry Level Program 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.