Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,707 members, 7,802,108 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:19 AM

Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others (23170 Views)

"There Was No Secret Recruitments In CBN, FIRS, Others" – Laolu Akande / FG Appoints Pwc As Growth And Employment Project Administrator / Buhari Appoints Pwc, Kpmg To Audit NNPC, CBN,FIRS,others/ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by simongonner: 5:35am On Aug 14, 2015
Information reaching DAILY POST has it that the Federal Government has appointed renowned accounting and auditing firms, PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) and Klynveld Peat Marwick Goerdeler (KPMG) to audit Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) and other agencies.

Also to be audited are Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS), Nigeria Customs Service (NCS), Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) and Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA).

Others are Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Revenue and Mobilisation Allocation Federation Commission (RMAFC) Federal Ministry of Finance, Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA), Office of the Accountant General of the Federation, Nigerian Extractive Industry Transparency Initiative (NEITI) among others

Buhari and his party, the All Progressives Congress (APC) had accused the Goodluck Jonathan led-administration of undermining previous audit of the agencies.

Last week, DAILY POST reported the tension in many of the agencies marked for investigation of corrupt practices.

Those still in office as well as former staff, including retired or sacked workers, are monitoring developments and anxious of contents of the audit report, it was leant.

Edo State Governor, a member of the National Executive Council-backed committee set up to investigate NNPC financial accounts had disclosed that the audit of affected agencies would cover the period between January 1, 2010 and June 30, 2015.

Details later…

http://www.dailypost.ng/2015/08/13/breaking-buhari-appoints-pwc-kpmg-to-audit-nnpc-cbn-firs-others/

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by divinehand2003(m): 5:37am On Aug 14, 2015
Hope the spendings of all the political parties during the just concluded 2015 elections would also be audited?
But this Price water House Cooper did not do a thorough audit of NNPC the last time under Oga Jona. Hope they are now set to do a much better job this time around?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by PVL(m): 5:41am On Aug 14, 2015
How true is this?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by Smithkline555: 5:43am On Aug 14, 2015
Great move.... More prisons should be built from now on and the Nigerian Prisons service should be strengthened because I see alota people heading towards that direction.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by oluwafemi113(m): 5:45am On Aug 14, 2015
Not sure
Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by drsteroid(m): 5:47am On Aug 14, 2015
The heat is on,whoever stole a dime 4rm Govt coffers should return the stolen money cos the long arm of the law will soon catch up with them..
It would have been better if all these stolen monies can be returned back 2 the govt coffers rather than going through court processes which will take time and even drag on for years.
We are suffering in this country as a result of massive looting by previous Govt,and one so called Man of God is agitating for amnesty for corrupt officials.So bad how we ve allowed personal greed 2 overshadow our dignity.

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by handie(m): 6:15am On Aug 14, 2015
Is this not the same PWC the previous job given to them? Why encourage mediocrity? Are there no other reputable accounting firms around? How are u sure the PWC won't want to save face by toeing the earlier already established line in the NNPC missing money probe in order to show that they were right and wasn't compromised? Ok. They said they were carried out the last audit in a political environment. Ethically, are they not supposed to stop the audit and quit instead of giving out false, inaccurate and incomplete reports?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by Nobody: 6:22am On Aug 14, 2015
what about efcc, police and NEPA

I see a lotta people peeing in their pants right now even as it's still unconfirmed grin grin grin

Buhari ride on sire!!!

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by Corevalue(m): 6:23am On Aug 14, 2015
Am here to read comments

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by Nobody: 6:25am On Aug 14, 2015
fwesh we dey watch
Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by Jimmydeji(m): 6:36am On Aug 14, 2015
the poster above me....am here to read comments
Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by signature2012(m): 6:46am On Aug 14, 2015
Nice one.I just hope they deliver and not collect bribe behind!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by bonechamberlain(m): 6:56am On Aug 14, 2015
I don't know what the president tends to gain by always using the future tense "will" . too much talk in this government. do whatever u want to do and give us results.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by Bawsse(m): 6:58am On Aug 14, 2015
PWC again?

I just hope they don't compromise on their standards again....
Deloitte or EY shudda been brought in, if u ask me.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by Tonniey(m): 7:29am On Aug 14, 2015
I pray dey allow dem do their job

Wanna reduce weight within 9 days, click d link below

https://www.nairaland.com/2519188/permanent-solution-male-errectile-disfuction
Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by jidxin(m): 7:29am On Aug 14, 2015
soooo
Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by Nobody: 7:29am On Aug 14, 2015
Gbam!
Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by Nobody: 7:30am On Aug 14, 2015
Some people are getting scared.......

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by asscb(f): 7:30am On Aug 14, 2015
Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by kenedy175(m): 7:31am On Aug 14, 2015
Not bad. I'm in support of this
Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by Nobody: 7:31am On Aug 14, 2015
bonechamberlain:
I don't know what the president tends to gain by always using the future tense "will" . too much talk in this government. do whatever u want to do and give us results.

From the article...

Information reaching DAILY POST has it that the Federal Government has appointed renowned accounting and auditing firms, PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) and Klynveld Peat Marwick Goerdeler (KPMG) to audit Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) and other agencies.

Future tense? More like Past tense.

The audit firms have been appointed. Now...time for clean-up.

Though NNPC has already been audited...

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by kulobyno: 7:31am On Aug 14, 2015
G
Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by Bibol(f): 7:31am On Aug 14, 2015
Hope investigations this time around will be thorough
Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by kenedy175(m): 7:32am On Aug 14, 2015
kulobyno:
G
For Gongola

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by CharlieMaria(m): 7:33am On Aug 14, 2015
Nice move
Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by JingoOAU(m): 7:33am On Aug 14, 2015
I hope at the end of the audit, nobody will start shouting witch-hunting or persecution

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by obailala(m): 7:33am On Aug 14, 2015
divinehand2003:
Hope the spendings of all the political parties during the just concluded 2015 elections would also be audited?
But this Price water House Cooper did not do a thorough audit of NNPC the last time under Oga Jona. Hope they are now set to do a much better job this time around?
handie:
Is this not the same PWC the previous job given to them? Why encourage mediocrity? Are there no other reputable accounting firms around? How are u sure the PWC won't want to save face by toeing the earlier already established line in the NNPC missing money probe in order to show that they were right and wasn't compromised? Ok. They said they were carried out the last audit in a political environment. Ethically, are they not supposed to stop the audit and quit instead of giving out false, inaccurate and incomplete reports?
Bawsse:
PWC again?

I just hope they don't compromise on their standards again....
Deloitte or EY shudda been brought in, if u ask me.
anonimi:
The same firms Jonathan used right

Who audited these accounts during OBJ's time?
How can the petroleum minister who is a prime suspect in the case be the judge in her own case?... That is not done anywhere in the world except in Nigeria. PWC still remains one of the greatest auditing firms worldwide and they certainly did not compromise, they only did what they were paid for and they clearly stated that in their report.

The previous pwc audit was just a waste of time and money by the Nigerian government in a well calculated move to deceive the Nigerian populace. How can you audit NNPC finances when the NNPC and CBN refused to cooperate?. PWC only produced a blank paper to justify the money they were paid.

However, this time around, I would like to see how NNPC or CBN would close their books from pwc or kpmg. Interesting days are ahead and I'm sure a lot of us would be depressed when the true magnitude of the rot is unearthed.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by steppin: 7:33am On Aug 14, 2015
Baba no fall hand.
Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by Nobody: 7:33am On Aug 14, 2015
asscb:
obailala:

kulobyno:
G
jidxin:
soooo
Tonniey:
Ok
ykwildchild:

Did you know that Space Bookers have a high chance of becoming millionaires by the time they are 40 years of age?

Did you know that Space Bookers also have a high chance of playing football for Nigeria in their sixties?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by anonimi: 7:34am On Aug 14, 2015
The same firms Jonathan used right

Who audited these accounts during OBJ's time?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2467944_obasanjotransparencyrating2004_jpegf577f3dadf99ddddb409ec370bb5548d

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others by AhmadMind: 7:34am On Aug 14, 2015
yes.....................YEEEESSS!!!!!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Alex Badeh’s Driver Is Alive, Investigations Underway / Governor Fayose Visits The Oba Of Benin (Photos) / Igboho: Afenifere Reacts As Court Stops FG From Arresting Agitator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.