Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,932 members, 7,799,152 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

I Graduated With 2.2, Should I Proceed With Masters Or A 2nd Degree - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Graduated With 2.2, Should I Proceed With Masters Or A 2nd Degree (2660 Views)

Lady Shares Before & After Photos With Her Dad After He Graduated With Masters / Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary / Ayodele Dada: "How I Graduated With All-Round A's & 5.0 CGPA" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Graduated With 2.2, Should I Proceed With Masters Or A 2nd Degree by Nnetriplet: 10:29am On Aug 14, 2015
Hello, am 24 and I got married while in school, but because of health reasons I had to spill in my final year thus my grades decreased and I had to graduate with 2.2...the issue is that am not happy with this grade, I don't know whether to go ahead and aquire an Msc or go back to school and aquire another degree, am currently pregnant with my first child and will go for service by October (batch B). Please I need matured advice here, which should I consider.
Re: I Graduated With 2.2, Should I Proceed With Masters Or A 2nd Degree by MosakuAW(m): 11:02am On Aug 14, 2015
Nnetriplet:
Hello, am 24 and I got married while in school, but because of health reasons I had to spill in my final year thus my grades decreased and I had to graduate with 2.2...the issue is that am not happy with this grade, I don't know whether to go ahead and aquire an Msc or go back to school and aquire another degree, am currently pregnant with my first child and will go for service by October (batch B). Please I need matured advice here, which should I consider

Good grade and congrats. What was your course of study?.

You are pregnant and expectant mum, i wont advice you go back to school for another degree just because you came out with 2.2 which is below your 'standard'. Going back for another degree is even more difficult because you now have duvided attention compared to when yoy dont have a baby.

I will advice you go for M.sc as stated and focus more on what you want to achieve in life rather than stressing your self because you want to make 2.1 or 1.1.

What is the probabilities of making 2.1 or first class now and if you make it, remember there are a lot of same 2.1 and 1.1 in labour market. Go for master and devote more on your family.
Re: I Graduated With 2.2, Should I Proceed With Masters Or A 2nd Degree by Belexy95: 11:07am On Aug 14, 2015
Basically, its to be sure u are ok with the course u read. U know its more stressful to combine child bearing with schooling. What if similar thing happens and u eventually obtain another 2.2? I ll advice u proceed for a masters. Thanks!
Re: I Graduated With 2.2, Should I Proceed With Masters Or A 2nd Degree by Nnetriplet: 11:10am On Aug 14, 2015
MosakuAW:

Good grade and congrats. What was your course of study?.

You are pregnant and expectant mum, i wont advice you go back to school for another degree just because you came out with 2.2 which is below your 'standard'. Going back for another degree is even more difficult because you now have duvided attention compared to when yoy dont have a baby.

I will advice you go for M.sc as stated and focus more on what you want to achieve in life rather than stressing your self because you want to make 2.1 or 1.1.

What is the probabilities of making 2.1 or first class now and if you make it, remember there are a lot of same 2.1 and 1.1 in labour market. Go for master and devote more on your family.
Thank u Sir for the advice, I studied Agronomy...I initially wanted to study Medicine or any medically-inclined course but along the line I found myself studying Agricultural courses,....i was just hoping to come out with a higher grade given the problem of securing jobs in Nigeria and all
Re: I Graduated With 2.2, Should I Proceed With Masters Or A 2nd Degree by Nnetriplet: 11:11am On Aug 14, 2015
Belexy95:
Basically, its to be sure u are ok with the course u read. U know its more stressful to combine child bearing with schooling. What if similar thing happens and u eventually obtain another 2.2? I ll advice u proceed for a masters. Thanks!
Thanks
Re: I Graduated With 2.2, Should I Proceed With Masters Or A 2nd Degree by MosakuAW(m): 12:11pm On Aug 14, 2015
Nnetriplet:

Thank u Sir for the advice, I studied Agronomy...I initially wanted to study Medicine or any medically-inclined course but along the line I found myself studying Agricultural courses,....i was just hoping to come out with a higher grade given the problem of securing jobs in Nigeria and all

It is a good course you studied but the relevant in Nigeria is where the cons lies. You will be relevant in Ministry of Agricuture in Nigeria and grow to become a Perm. Sec.

Nevertheless, i graduated 2.2 Bus. admin from Unilorin in 2003 and had my masters in Uk in 2007 but yet am presently working as a customer service rep in a telecom, but still looking for a greater place. Courses you studied in Nigeria dont really matters as long as God backs you up and you know people, you will surely go places. Just go for your masters in other field, you might no necessary need you first degree thereafter.

In my place of work, i have people that studied Zoology, bio chem, fisheries in school as first degree and we all work as customer service rep in a telecom company. Dont waste time going back for another degree jare. It does not worth the trouble in Naija. If you are in Europe now, i will say yes, you can
Re: I Graduated With 2.2, Should I Proceed With Masters Or A 2nd Degree by Nnetriplet: 12:18pm On Aug 14, 2015
MosakuAW:

It is a good course you studied but the relevant in Nigeria is where the cons lies. You will be relevant in Ministry of Agricuture in Nigeria and grow to become a Perm. Sec.

Nevertheless, i graduated 2.2 Bus. admin from Unilorin in 2003 and had my masters in Uk in 2007 but yet am presently working as a customer service rep in a telecom, but still looking for a greater place. Courses you studied in Nigeria dont really matters as long as God backs you up and you know people, you will surely go places. Just go for your masters in other field, you might no necessary need you first degree thereafter.

In my place of work, i have people that studied Zoology, bio chem, fisheries in school as first degree and we all work as customer service rep in a telecom company. Dont waste time going back for another degree jare. It does not worth the trouble in Naija. If you are in Europe now, i will say yes, you can
Thank you sir, God bless, the thing is i feel somehow after 6 years in the university, the countless nights spent doing TDB, the "yabbings" and all that...all I have to show for it na "common" 2.2....but all is well sha, I will consider your advice. thanks
Re: I Graduated With 2.2, Should I Proceed With Masters Or A 2nd Degree by Nobody: 10:53pm On Aug 25, 2015
MosakuAW:

Sir, please how easy is it to combine a customer service job with a full time masters in Nigeria. Does CSR job in telcos run on shift basis?
Re: I Graduated With 2.2, Should I Proceed With Masters Or A 2nd Degree by MosakuAW(m): 11:35am On Aug 26, 2015
tosh26:
Sir, please how easy is it to combine a customer service job with a full time masters in Nigeria. Does CSR job in telcos run on shift basis?

CR job in telecoms in Nigeria ia divided into 2, which are

1: Walk-in center customer rep.
2: Online customer rep.

The work in center work between the hour of 8am to 7pm all depends on location while the online work shift which are day, noon and night shift.

You can combine full time master with working as customer service online and this alsi depends on you school of studied for the master programme, but i bet you its not easy as said.

1 Like

Re: I Graduated With 2.2, Should I Proceed With Masters Or A 2nd Degree by MrsAnyanwu(f): 11:52am On Aug 26, 2015
Pls I have a question, pls what schools in Nigeria accept 2.98 as a Cgp for a masters programme? I want to be sure,tnx
Re: I Graduated With 2.2, Should I Proceed With Masters Or A 2nd Degree by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 26, 2015
MosakuAW:

CR job in telecoms in Nigeria ia divided into 2, which are

1: Walk-in center customer rep.
2: Online customer rep.

The work in center work between the hour of 8am to 7pm all depends on location while the online work shift which are day, noon and night shift.

You can combine full time master with working as customer service online and this alsi depends on you school of studied for the master programme, but i bet you its not easy as said.
Thank you so much for the enlightenment.
Re: I Graduated With 2.2, Should I Proceed With Masters Or A 2nd Degree by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 04, 2015
MrsAnyanwu:
Pls I have a question, pls what schools in Nigeria accept 2.98 as a Cgp for a masters programme? I want to be sure,tnx
if that is a third class; Well, I think you will need to do PGD before you are considered for a masters. You can confirm from the school you want to enroll in.
Re: I Graduated With 2.2, Should I Proceed With Masters Or A 2nd Degree by MrsAnyanwu(f): 4:11pm On Sep 04, 2015
tosh26:
if that is a third class; Well, I think you will need to do PGD before you are considered for a masters. You can confirm from the school you want to enroll in.
No, its a 2.2 sir , tnx, someone told me some schools accept but I want to know d schools....
Re: I Graduated With 2.2, Should I Proceed With Masters Or A 2nd Degree by Nobody: 5:21pm On Sep 04, 2015
MrsAnyanwu:
No, its a 2.2 sir , tnx, someone told me some schools accept but I want to know d schools....
Am presently undergoing my Msc in unilag, I have class mates that came in with 2.2. Aside unilag, am sure UI accepts it too.
Re: I Graduated With 2.2, Should I Proceed With Masters Or A 2nd Degree by MrsAnyanwu(f): 10:59pm On Sep 04, 2015
tosh26:
Am presently undergoing my Msc in unilag, I have class mates that came in with 2.2. Aside unilag, am sure UI accepts it too.
I sincerely appreciate ur response, God bless
Re: I Graduated With 2.2, Should I Proceed With Masters Or A 2nd Degree by MustofaL6(m): 12:09am On Mar 02, 2021
Highly appreciated for also informing us.
Moreover , I'd love to be in the know if it is a good career for me which is related to CR in Nigeria due to my having a British and American accent , a degree in English , a certificate in presentation among others.

(1) (Reply)

What Happened To Kano State Govt Schools Waec Results? / One Student Dies In Cult Clash During Inter-house Sports (Photos) / Osun State Polytechnic Iree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.