Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,469 members, 7,808,688 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

Tecno Boom J5 Lollipop Smartphone [all You Need To Know] - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Boom J5 Lollipop Smartphone [all You Need To Know] (21505 Views)

Tecno Boom J5 Discussions / Any Help- How To Root Tecno Boom J5 (android 5.1) / NEW!!! Tecno Boom J5 with the Awesome Android 5.1 Lollipop OS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tecno Boom J5 Lollipop Smartphone [all You Need To Know] by TechLector: 12:35pm On Aug 14, 2015
In just 3 weeks, Tecno announced three different smartphones, the Tecno Camon C5, Tecno Camon C8 and now Tecno Boom J5. The new Tecno Boom J5 is no way an upgrade to its predecessor – Tecno Boom J7. The only difference is that the J5 runs on the Android 5.1 Lollipop Operating System while the J7 runs the Android KitKat.

While other smartphone companies are busy coming up with killer devices, Tecno keeps disappointing its users with repetition of same Smartphone with a little differences either in battery life, OS, screen size or camera. The Battery on the Tecno J5 is not something to write home about – it comes with 1950mAh battery capacity when some latest Smartphones in market are coming with a 3000mAh battery capacity or even higher.

source: http://techlector.com/tecno-boom-j5-lollipop-smartphone-now-available/
Re: Tecno Boom J5 Lollipop Smartphone [all You Need To Know] by bakkajo: 3:57pm On Aug 14, 2015
If it is the issue of "repetition of same Smartphone with a little differences either in battery life, OS, screen size or camera", almost all android smartphone companies are guilty of this. A white Samsung note 2 looks like any random white Samsung large screen phone. Companies do this and will continue to do this. It's called capitalism.
As for the battery issue, I think what you should say is this phone is not well suited for your needs. There are a lot of phones Samsung has released this year that do not have battery capacity of up to 3000mAh. Samsung Z1 has 1500mAh, Samsung Galaxy J1 has 1850mAh and that is just mentioning a few. People want different things from different phones. It's called variety.
And yes, Tecno has a killer device in the offing. It's called Camon C8. I would like to know your informed thoughts on it since what you are looking for is 3000mAh battery capacity. Also, these "killer devices" from other companies of which you speak, are they affordable for the everyday man? Because Tecno generally panders to the everyday man. It's called target market.
I'm drawing parallels with Samsung because it is a "reputable" company and is presently at the top of the android market.
You run a tech blog, I'd expect you'd be knowledgeable about these things. Draw parallels with other companies or phones of the same economic standing as Tecno so we can be convinced.

6 Likes

Re: Tecno Boom J5 Lollipop Smartphone [all You Need To Know] by TechLector: 4:22pm On Aug 14, 2015
At times i keep wondering... Why do you guys compare all brand with Samsung? is there something hidden about this Samsung of a thing? undecided Confused though

1 Like

Re: Tecno Boom J5 Lollipop Smartphone [all You Need To Know] by TechLector: 4:28pm On Aug 14, 2015
bakkajo:
If it is the issue of "repetition of same Smartphone with a little differences either in battery life, OS, screen size or camera", almost all android smartphone companies are guilty of this. A white Samsung note 2 looks like any random white Samsung large screen phone. Companies do this and will continue to do this. It's called capitalism.
As for the battery issue, I think what you should say is this phone is not well suited for your needs. There are a lot of phones Samsung has released this year that do not have battery capacity of up to 3000mAh. Samsung Z1 has 1500mAh, Samsung Galaxy J1 has 1850mAh and that is just mentioning a few. People want different things from different phones. It's called variety.
And yes, Tecno has a killer device in the offing. It's called Camon C8. I would like to know your informed thoughts on it since what you are looking for is 3000mAh battery capacity. Also, these "killer devices" from other companies of which you speak, are they affordable for the everyday man? Because Tecno generally panders to the everyday man. It's called target market.
I'm drawing parallels with Samsung because it is a "reputable" company and is presently at the top of the android market.
You run a tech blog, I'd expect you'd be knowledgeable about these things. Draw parallels with other companies or phones of the same economic standing as Tecno so we can be convinced.

Okay... Thats your view...

Talking about TECNO, starting from their over hyped phantom, I think they are affordable as expected. I was even shocked to see the Tecno R7 with that huge price some days back.

I would suggest instead of the Android Lollipop on the Tecno J5, why not an upgrade on the J7 to have an update to the new OS. To me, i felt as if they are just too lazy to come up with new ideas. OR what do you think is behind the idea of bringing the J5 into the market?
Re: Tecno Boom J5 Lollipop Smartphone [all You Need To Know] by bakkajo: 5:00pm On Aug 14, 2015
What's the reason behind anything these companies do? It's business. Maybe this one is cheaper than the other one. I don't know.
TechLector:

Talking about TECNO, starting from their over hyped phantom, I think they are affordable as expected. I was even shocked to see the Tecno R7 with that huge price some days back.

I would suggest instead of the Android Lollipop on the Tecno J5, why not an upgrade on the J7 to have an update to the new OS. To me, i felt as if they are just too lazy to come up with new ideas. OR what do you think is behind the idea of bringing the J5 into the market?
Re: Tecno Boom J5 Lollipop Smartphone [all You Need To Know] by Shinchika: 6:14pm On Aug 14, 2015
I think and believe you have spoken very well. This is reasonable judgment.

bakkajo:
Re: Tecno Boom J5 Lollipop Smartphone [all You Need To Know] by Shinchika: 6:21pm On Aug 14, 2015
The music centered sony ericsson was a series, called the walkman series. Difference in prices, difference in specs. Could be another series like the Phantom. The brand, the business. Their intent.

TechLector:

Re: Tecno Boom J5 Lollipop Smartphone [all You Need To Know] by Veka: 6:36pm On Aug 14, 2015
you didnt really answer his question, you kind of just waved through the points he raised. please answer.
TechLector:

Re: Tecno Boom J5 Lollipop Smartphone [all You Need To Know] by Sagebastian(m): 6:53pm On Aug 14, 2015
this is like asking why there is panadol and panadol extra, that the panadol is not strong enough for you doesnt mean it doesnt suit another person. the panadol extra might just be more your thing because it is "stronger". that the panadol extra exists doesnt reduce the efficacy of the panadol itself... you dig??
TechLector:

1 Like

Re: Tecno Boom J5 Lollipop Smartphone [all You Need To Know] by Sagebastian(m): 6:59pm On Aug 14, 2015
besides as with the camon C5 being released to the Kenyan market and the Camon c8 being released to the Nigerian market how are you sure the boom J5 is coming into our Nigerian market?
Re: Tecno Boom J5 Lollipop Smartphone [all You Need To Know] by TechLector: 7:11pm On Aug 14, 2015
Sagebastian:
besides as with the camon C5 being released to the Kenyan market and the Camon c8 being released to the Nigerian market how are you sure the boom J5 is coming into our Nigerian market?
it is already on sale down here
Re: Tecno Boom J5 Lollipop Smartphone [all You Need To Know] by Chikote(m): 9:06pm On Aug 15, 2015
TechLector:

it is already on sale down here

LOL. looks like you can't answer bakkajo's question. pele.
Re: Tecno Boom J5 Lollipop Smartphone [all You Need To Know] by Chikote(m): 9:09pm On Aug 15, 2015
Sagebastian:
this is like asking why there is panadol and panadol extra, that the panadol is not strong enough for you doesnt mean it doesnt suit another person. the panadol extra might just be more your thing because it is "stronger". that the panadol extra exists doesnt reduce the efficacy of the panadol itself... you dig??

now, i see why you have the 'Sage' in your name sir. iHail sensei.
Re: Tecno Boom J5 Lollipop Smartphone [all You Need To Know] by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 15, 2015
Re: Tecno Boom J5 Lollipop Smartphone [all You Need To Know] by bigiyaro(m): 10:13pm On Aug 15, 2015
Sagebastian:
dis is absolute rubish on d part of tekino, wat kind of uninovative company will rename a phone jst becos dey changed d os? Dey culd have jst incresed d memories or upgrade d bat3 or screen size. No wonder dey cnt even compete at home, instead dey r here dishin rubish to poor nigerians
Re: Tecno Boom J5 Lollipop Smartphone [all You Need To Know] by JanethEze(f): 6:55pm On Aug 17, 2015
Re: Tecno Boom J5 Lollipop Smartphone [all You Need To Know] by JanethEze(f): 6:58pm On Aug 17, 2015
i also saw saw the c8. i want to know if the pictures are real
Re: Tecno Boom J5 Lollipop Smartphone [all You Need To Know] by kingflint(m): 9:29am On Aug 18, 2015
Add me to WhatsApp group 08061630905
Re: Tecno Boom J5 Lollipop Smartphone [all You Need To Know] by BenKafor(m): 10:03am On Aug 18, 2015
I have this phone, its really cool. Thumbs up cheesy

TechLector:
In just 3 weeks, Tecno announced three different smartphones, the Tecno Camon C5, Tecno Camon C8 and now Tecno Boom J5. The new Tecno Boom J5 is no way an upgrade to its predecessor – Tecno Boom J7. The only difference is that the J5 runs on the Android 5.1 Lollipop Operating System while the J7 runs the Android KitKat.

While other smartphone companies are busy coming up with killer devices, Tecno keeps disappointing its users with repetition of same Smartphone with a little differences either in battery life, OS, screen size or camera. The Battery on the Tecno J5 is not something to write home about – it comes with 1950mAh battery capacity when some latest Smartphones in market are coming with a 3000mAh battery capacity or even higher.

Re: Tecno Boom J5 Lollipop Smartphone [all You Need To Know] by BenKafor(m): 10:05am On Aug 18, 2015
Yeah the pictures are real, I know a friend that has it even though its not yet released
JanethEze:
i also saw saw the c8. i want to know if the pictures are real
Re: Tecno Boom J5 Lollipop Smartphone [all You Need To Know] by BenKafor(m): 10:06am On Aug 18, 2015
My battery lasts a long time tho,

TechLector:

Re: Tecno Boom J5 Lollipop Smartphone [all You Need To Know] by ChidinmaRose(f): 10:18am On Aug 18, 2015
I disagree, they come out with new and improved devices... EG Camon C8

TechLector:

Re: Tecno Boom J5 Lollipop Smartphone [all You Need To Know] by mrcassanova(m): 12:30am On Aug 20, 2015
ChidinmaRose:
I disagree, they come out with new and improved devices... EG Camon C8

It depends on your definition of Improved. Having 1GB of RAM on a phone costlier than the Innjoo Fire (2GB RAM) is nothing near improved.
Re: Tecno Boom J5 Lollipop Smartphone [all You Need To Know] by mrcassanova(m): 12:36am On Aug 20, 2015
Tecno Boom j5
PROS - Android 5.1 Lollipop, HotKnot, Decent camera
CONS - To little RAM, poor screen resolution
http://thegadgetsfreak.com/tecno-boom-j5-specs-detailed-and-pricing/

Re: Tecno Boom J5 Lollipop Smartphone [all You Need To Know] by Prechy2836(m): 7:15am On Aug 20, 2015
This ain't a flagship and since most pipo can't get the j7 for its music stuff the j5 will do, coz the devices have different categories high end, mid-range n low end dis definitely falls on the low category....
Re: Tecno Boom J5 Lollipop Smartphone [all You Need To Know] by tbadejo25: 11:59am On Aug 20, 2015
Exactly!
Prechy2836:
This ain't a flagship and since most pipo can't get the j7 for its music stuff the j5 will do, coz the devices have different categories high end, mid-range n low end dis definitely falls on the low category....
Re: Tecno Boom J5 Lollipop Smartphone [all You Need To Know] by Mrjerry16(m): 2:04am On Aug 21, 2015
I just bought these tecno Boom J5. i find it extremely difficult to be rooted. I need help on how to root these MTK OS 5.1 Android smartphone?

Re: Tecno Boom J5 Lollipop Smartphone [all You Need To Know] by Mrjerry16(m): 7:59am On Aug 25, 2015
ATTENTION!!!!!! ¡!!!!!!!!!
Please observe the magnetic sensor whether available by installing "Compass apk" cos almost all tecno phone have no Magnetic sensor or supporting sensor to enable compass navigation, especially Tecno boom J5.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Boom J5 Lollipop Smartphone [all You Need To Know] by mrcassanova(m): 4:15am On Aug 29, 2015
Mrjerry16:
ATTENTION!!!!!! ¡!!!!!!!!!
Please observe the magnetic sensor whether available by installing "Compass apk" cos almost all tecno phone have no Magnetic sensor or supporting sensor to enable compass navigation, especially Tecno boom J5.

noted
Re: Tecno Boom J5 Lollipop Smartphone [all You Need To Know] by Realrayne: 10:36am On Sep 21, 2015
Mrjerry16:
I just bought these tecno Boom J5. i find it extremely difficult to be rooted. I need help on how to root these MTK OS 5.1 Android smartphone?

use kingroot apk v4
Re: Tecno Boom J5 Lollipop Smartphone [all You Need To Know] by tonye4u(m): 11:38pm On Oct 06, 2015
Realrayne:

use kingroot apk v4
kingroot too aint working.. is there any other way
Re: Tecno Boom J5 Lollipop Smartphone [all You Need To Know] by tonye4u(m): 11:40pm On Oct 06, 2015
Realrayne:

use kingroot apk v4
kingroot too aint working.. is there any other way

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians React To Lifting Of Twitter Ban / MTN Nigeria Experiencing Dawntimes; MTN Apologies / Huawei Ascend P6 Smartphone Released In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.