Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,749 members, 7,802,292 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

The Truth About The "Run Away" Abobaku Ooni Of Ife. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Truth About The "Run Away" Abobaku Ooni Of Ife. (1847 Views)

Noise About Abobaku Online.....the Culture Has Been Abolished Years Ago. / (PHOTO) "The Abobaku Of Ooni Of Ife Found And Will Be Buried Alongside The King" / "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth About The "Run Away" Abobaku Ooni Of Ife. by Tomiwatosin(m): 1:00pm On Aug 14, 2015
Just yesterday, i read that a crucial Ritual ingredient was missing from the ritual's den, lol! Just today again, i read from the social media, that an "Abobaku" of Ooni ran away.....Afi
abobaku naa, i remember what we call iroyin eleje back in school. How bloggers and lie crooners have suddenly come up with nonsense on daily basis, is becoming worrisome... I laugh most time when i see fabricated stories just to feed uninformed Nigerians. Let me set it straight, as an indigene of ile-ife with requisite knowledge of Ife chieftaincy and Culture... It is important to make many Nigerians know that the issue of "Abobaku" was last witnessed in any Yoruba land, almost like 4 generations ago, Ooni never had any Abobaku, and nothing of such even in the days of his immediate predecessor, Sir Adesoji Aderemi who died in 1980. The closest to Ooni of Ife in any form or loyalty rank is called "Sarun Odua" and he is even an High chief. I wish Nigerians should fear God, as they have nothing to gain by discrediting YORUBA culture, just to make a point. If there is anything of such, tell us the name of the bearer.
People should not just sit in their room and start twitting what is never the truth...
Re: The Truth About The "Run Away" Abobaku Ooni Of Ife. by iamsodium(m): 1:01pm On Aug 14, 2015
K
Re: The Truth About The "Run Away" Abobaku Ooni Of Ife. by bigiyaro(m): 1:07pm On Aug 14, 2015
@op, u've not really said anytin.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The "Run Away" Abobaku Ooni Of Ife. by DeBret(m): 1:07pm On Aug 14, 2015
Der is ABOBAKU and his name us something I will ask for you...so don't start discouraging people about all this iroyin eleje lolz

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The "Run Away" Abobaku Ooni Of Ife. by tpiah2: 2:12pm On Aug 14, 2015
I guess they are buzzing the word so they can sneak in "ruth abokoku" .

Good luck with that, bunch of buzzards.
Re: The Truth About The "Run Away" Abobaku Ooni Of Ife. by DeBret(m): 3:13pm On Aug 14, 2015
tpiah2:
I guess they are buzzing the word so they can sneak in "ruth abokoku" .

Good luck with that, bunch of buzzards.
Very well
Re: The Truth About The "Run Away" Abobaku Ooni Of Ife. by alexvatt(m): 3:30pm On Aug 14, 2015
abobaku still exist. but we need to scrap it. it is devilish. and yoruba should also scrap curfew whenever king pass on. there are a lots of tradition we new generation of yoruba need to do away with. the op is just trying to cover up. abobaku still exist.
Re: The Truth About The "Run Away" Abobaku Ooni Of Ife. by Olanirans(m): 4:51pm On Aug 14, 2015
A Growing multimedia coy situated aroung Iju-Ishaga requires the services of a Trainee Graphics/ Video editor. The candidate must be young, not above 25 years, must posses passion for creative works. Preferrably, the candidate should reside within Agege, Iju - Ishaga axis. Interested candidate should call this no: 0808 512 8324
Re: The Truth About The "Run Away" Abobaku Ooni Of Ife. by Gurgle(f): 5:16pm On Aug 14, 2015
So is there an abobaku or not

Has he run away or not

(1) (Reply)

Oba Of Benin: Yoruba Or Not / Top Dynasties Of South Eastern Nigeria / Is This Culture?????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.