Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

I'm A South African Living In Abuja My Experiences So Far.... - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I'm A South African Living In Abuja My Experiences So Far.... (16213 Views)

Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences / A South African Lady Condemns Attack On Nigerians, Calls Them Nice People / Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

I'm A South African Living In Abuja My Experiences So Far.... by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 14, 2015
I've just joined this blog or thread about an hour ago. After months of searching for nigerian blogs this one specifically got my attention. I appreciate the fact that it is flexible and I can discuss anything I want with the variety of sub sections I've seen here. let me introduce myself, My name is Naomi Van jaarsveld I was born in South Africa in Cape Town I'm 20 years old. I'm a mixed race person at least that's what people call me, My father is Afrikaans a mixture of Dutch and German descendent and my mother is an African Black. but I identify myself as a black person.

I've always moved from country to country because of my father's crucial job. I've lived in Japan, Ivory Coast, Wales, Austria, Angola and even Ghana but I've never had a chance to go to Nigeria. When my father told us that he will be doing some business in Nigeria and we have to move here for 2 years until he is done I was drained. In South Africa the way our Media and our people perceive Nigeria is not a positive way. I was nervous seriously but I said to myself I've always thought Ghana was a place where everyone is hungry and there were slums everywhere only when we moved there in 2011 I saw that the beauty of the country is way beyond nature everyone was so friendly especially my tutors as I was forced to be home schooled. I enjoyed everything the food, the culture and I've made friends whom they taught me French and i taught them Afrikaans.

A month ago on the 5th of July we departed from South Africa to ABUJA arrived at Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport then went to a place called maitama Region. I was so amazed to see the beauty of Nigeria. I have not yet explored some of the places but I've been to Gwagwalada and next Month I'm shipping to see Lagos. After all I see that Nigeria is not all about drug sellers and witchcraft that the nigerian movies always potray to the world.

And everyone is so kind and lovely and very helpful. my dad's collegues children they are currently teaching me Hausa and Igbo tribes and I'm teaching them Afrikaans and So tho. I love this country so much and i hope that im going to make some great friends here on nairala nd i cannot wait to read all about the current issues occurring in Nigeria. I've been listening to some me of your music I love psquare and yemi olade.

I'm looking forward into meeting friends from the same area maybe we can meet up and you can teach me all I need to know to feel right at home. I'll be keeping you posted about my stay here in Abuja and ill be writing posts about some of the things that really intrest me.

9 Likes

Re: I'm A South African Living In Abuja My Experiences So Far.... by hijodedios: 3:22pm On Aug 14, 2015
@ op,,i just dey use one eye look you,this your story get k leg oo.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm A South African Living In Abuja My Experiences So Far.... by shaboti: 3:34pm On Aug 14, 2015
Of course you love psquare. Who doesnt?

1 Like

Re: I'm A South African Living In Abuja My Experiences So Far.... by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 14, 2015
op yan me more tori...
be like say I no need sauce to digestam...
besides hope you carry b29
Re: I'm A South African Living In Abuja My Experiences So Far.... by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 14, 2015
so, all what you want now is to make new friends here in nigeria? well, i will tell you to be wary of people you will choose to relate with.
Re: I'm A South African Living In Abuja My Experiences So Far.... by kestolove95(m): 3:44pm On Aug 14, 2015
Op-clap for urself
Re: I'm A South African Living In Abuja My Experiences So Far.... by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 14, 2015
elijah2u:
so, all what you want now is to make new friends here in nigeria? well, i will tell you to be wary of people you will choose to relate with.
I will definitely do that thanks
Re: I'm A South African Living In Abuja My Experiences So Far.... by Zzyco: 3:58pm On Aug 14, 2015
......Welcm.. 2 naija if u no husle u no go chop.. Beta code watin I yarn.. If u no grab u b mumu... Do you copy that?

3 Likes

Re: I'm A South African Living In Abuja My Experiences So Far.... by wise7(m): 4:01pm On Aug 14, 2015
Op, why don't you move to places like bwari, kuje, gwagwalada and come back to share your experience. Thank me later when you do.

Be careful anyway
Re: I'm A South African Living In Abuja My Experiences So Far.... by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 4:03pm On Aug 14, 2015
Op I wish you a wonderful stay in Nigeria. Travelling is a form of education.

2 Likes

Re: I'm A South African Living In Abuja My Experiences So Far.... by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 14, 2015
wise7:
Op, why don't you move to places like bwari, kuje, gwagwalada and come back to share your experience. Thank me later when you do.

Be careful anyway
Noted ill put that in my diary an as I start my touring experience with my siblings I will definitely go to those places. and I've been to Gwagwalada and it's very awesome the scenery is amazing.
Re: I'm A South African Living In Abuja My Experiences So Far.... by kellycute(m): 4:09pm On Aug 14, 2015
Nice story. Keep the update rolling you know what I'm saying?

1 Like

Re: I'm A South African Living In Abuja My Experiences So Far.... by happney65: 4:10pm On Aug 14, 2015
Naomithato1:
Haha haha

Yes ohh my dear..Looking forward to reading from you.
Re: I'm A South African Living In Abuja My Experiences So Far.... by vague: 4:36pm On Aug 14, 2015
Lol see 419 o i bet you if you PM this "babe" will start asking you for recharge card. Abeg half-cast ni? How come you have kinky African hair in the front if you are half and half? Even i can tell this scam artist is male because only men cant tell the difference between the hair texture.

6 Likes

Re: I'm A South African Living In Abuja My Experiences So Far.... by Nobody: 5:33pm On Aug 14, 2015
vague:
Lol see 419 o i bet you if you PM this "babe" will start asking you for recharge card. Abeg half-cast ni? How come you have kinky African hair in the front if you are half and half? Even i can tell this scam artist is male because only men cant tell the difference between the hair texture.
I was born with curled hair I just straighten them so that I can be able to put hair extensions.
Re: I'm A South African Living In Abuja My Experiences So Far.... by Nobody: 5:34pm On Aug 14, 2015
Naomithato1:
I've just joined this blog or thread about an hour ago. After months of searching for nigerian blogs this one specifically got my attention. I appreciate the fact that it is flexible and I can discuss anything I want with the variety of sub sections I've seen here. let me introduce myself, My name is Naomi Van jaarsveld I was born in South Africa in Cape Town I'm 20 years old. I'm a mixed race person at least that's what people call me, My father is Afrikaans a mixture of Dutch and German descendent and my mother is an African Black. but I identify myself as a black person.

I've always moved from country to country because of my father's crucial job. I've lived in Japan, Ivory Coast, Wales, Austria, Angola and even Ghana but I've never had a chance to go to Nigeria. When my father told us that he will be doing some business in Nigeria and we have to move here for 2 years until he is done I was drained. In South Africa the way our Media and our people perceive Nigeria is not a positive way. I was nervous seriously but I said to myself I've always thought Ghana was a place where everyone is hungry and there were slums everywhere only when we moved there in 2011 I saw that the beauty of the country is way beyond nature everyone was so friendly especially my tutors as I was forced to be home schooled. I enjoyed everything the food, the culture and I've made friends whom they taught me French and i taught them Afrikaans.

A month ago on the 5th of July we departed from South Africa to ABUJA arrived at Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport then went to a place called maitama Region. I was so amazed to see the beauty of Nigeria. I have not yet explored some of the places but I've been to Gwagwalada and next Month I'm shipping to see Lagos. After all I see that Nigeria is not all about drug sellers and witchcraft that the nigerian movies always potray to the world.

And everyone is so kind and lovely and very helpful. my dad's collegues children they are currently teaching me Hausa and Igbo tribes and I'm teaching them Afrikaans and So tho. I love this country so much and i hope that im going to make some great friends here on nairala nd i cannot wait to read all about the current issues occurring in Nigeria. I've been listening to some me of your music I love psquare and yemi olade.

I'm looking forward into meeting friends from the same area maybe we can meet up and you can teach me all I need to know to feel right at home. I'll be keeping you posted about my stay here in Abuja and ill be writing posts about some of the things that really intrest me.

Sanibonani, Unjani, dumelang, Naomi
Re: I'm A South African Living In Abuja My Experiences So Far.... by vague: 6:05pm On Aug 14, 2015
Naomithato1:
I was born with curled hair I just straighten them so that I can be able to put hair extensions.
lol i know the difference between curly hair and kinky hair when its straightened and thats proper african kinky hair on your profile pic. Who are you trying to fool?

1 Like

Re: I'm A South African Living In Abuja My Experiences So Far.... by vague: 6:05pm On Aug 14, 2015
crisycent:

I was in South Africa for holidays bïtch. I was in Cape Town and no xenophobic attacks happened there. If you have a TV or followed the news you won't say the rubbish you said here. Have you even left your village border?
i have left Africa
Re: I'm A South African Living In Abuja My Experiences So Far.... by crisycent: 6:08pm On Aug 14, 2015
vague:
i have left Africa

I know, in your dreams.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

7 Things You Can Do That Might Save Your Life During An Auto Crash / Guide To Iyinzu Waterfall In Ezimo, Enugu State (Pictures) / I Have Never Been To An Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.