Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:33 PM

My Bag Got Stolen In A Bank Locker - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Bag Got Stolen In A Bank Locker (776 Views)

A Bank Has Been Built In Igbogbo Ikorodu, Finally (Photo) / Annoying Things That Happen Every Time You Have To Enter A Bank(Photos) / How A Pregnant Lady Extorted Money From Customers At A Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Bag Got Stolen In A Bank Locker by maxygirl(f): 4:50pm On Aug 14, 2015
I went to carry out a transaction at a new generation bag close to my house. Before going into the banking hall. I placed my handbag at one of the deposit box just by the entrance and locked it. I then went into the bank with the key. After the transaction, I got back to the deposit box to discover it was still Locked and yet my handbag and all it's contents was missing. The contents include my international passport, phone, money amongst other things. I was furious and requested to see the branch manger who proceeded to play the security video after trying to claim I did not lock the box. On watching the video, it was discovered that a lady came after me and whole backing the camera opened the locker and put my bag inside hers. I really don't know she managed it except she has a spare key.

The bank manager and the security have been begging me to let it go and they would donate some money to help me get a new passport. But who is going to bear the responsibility for my phone, bag, money etc. Am very confused - what do I do?
Re: My Bag Got Stolen In A Bank Locker by chocolateme(f): 4:51pm On Aug 14, 2015
Its those "ash*awo" keys and padlocks they normally use for those boxes that could have led to that..
The bank should take responsibility but since the have at least offered to replace your international ID, then accept that important one first and if the rest can't be recovered, then bear it.
People loose more than that everyday.
That lady Na real crook, putting your bag in her own hmm!! So many ways to steal these days.
I don't leave my bag outside the bank even if I am carrying an MTN maerst in it. Not everyone u see in bank are there for transactions
Sorry about it dear.
Re: My Bag Got Stolen In A Bank Locker by DuchessLily(f): 4:59pm On Aug 14, 2015
Does the girl Camera caught not have an acct there. They should try and find her
Re: My Bag Got Stolen In A Bank Locker by Nobody: 5:01pm On Aug 14, 2015
Babe if na u brake bank property u must pay o! No staff or manager go even look ur direction.

So the best thing is to involve police in the matter, the bank will cooperate sharp sharp...next time they will put their customers 1st.
Re: My Bag Got Stolen In A Bank Locker by tellwisdom: 5:03pm On Aug 14, 2015
I thought you lost a diamond...Okbye undecided
Re: My Bag Got Stolen In A Bank Locker by jaykaylegend(m): 5:05pm On Aug 14, 2015
This one is strong
Re: My Bag Got Stolen In A Bank Locker by Whizzcute(m): 5:06pm On Aug 14, 2015
Hmmm

The way ladies are thiefing this days eeeh
Re: My Bag Got Stolen In A Bank Locker by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 14, 2015
Luggages are at owner risk.. You are lucky.
Re: My Bag Got Stolen In A Bank Locker by Aminat508(f): 5:26pm On Aug 14, 2015
Nawaooo @op

1 Like

Re: My Bag Got Stolen In A Bank Locker by olaafirst: 5:43pm On Aug 14, 2015
If security men r doing dere work bank management don't allow Dem to carry out dere Opration successfully in sence dat if dey try to challenge any customer standing or sitting In d banking premises without doing anything what u will be hearing from Dem is u r embarasing dere customers but if issue come dey would call on security
Re: My Bag Got Stolen In A Bank Locker by lordtech(m): 6:10pm On Aug 14, 2015
Hmmm, sorry for the loss.
Re: My Bag Got Stolen In A Bank Locker by tonididdy(m): 6:25pm On Aug 14, 2015
the ccam should be helpful in identifying the stealer
Re: My Bag Got Stolen In A Bank Locker by signature2012(m): 6:48pm On Aug 14, 2015
Op,so sorry for the lose,cant just imagine myself loosing such valuables.

1 Like

Re: My Bag Got Stolen In A Bank Locker by kennyman2000(m): 10:13pm On Aug 14, 2015
sorry about that OP.. Man has got to be very careful...

(1) (Reply)

With 50,000.00 Can I Do Any Business / Direct Lectures On How To Start Importation Business / How Do You Veiw Nairaland In The Past 3 Years.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.