Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,380 members, 7,808,353 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:44 AM

How EFCC Is Compromising On Chime's Corruption Probe - Nnaji - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How EFCC Is Compromising On Chime's Corruption Probe - Nnaji (944 Views)

"I Heard EFCC Is Cooking Up A Surprise For Me, I Ready For Una" - Dino Melaye / How EFCC Traced 1.3billion NSA Funds To Fayose's Account In Picture / How EFCC Almost Arrested Aisha Buhari’s Impostor – Ribadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How EFCC Is Compromising On Chime's Corruption Probe - Nnaji by EmmaOgbu(m): 7:06pm On Aug 14, 2015
Former National Auditor of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and one-time Commissioner for Youths and Sports in Enugu State, Ray Nnaji, has accused the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) of compromising on its ongoing corruption investigation of ex- Governor Sullivan Chime's administration. Nnaji raised the alarm in Enugu on Thursday, August 13, 2015. The Enugu-based lawyer said that he reliably gathered from EFCC Headquarters in Abuja that Chime sneaked into the place on Wednesday and spent 12 hours, yet the anti-graft agency did not let the public know what transpired. Nnaji noted that EFCC publicized such recent visits of other former Governors like Sule Lamido, Murtala Nyako, Ikedi Ohakim and even that of Toyin Saraki, the wife of Senate President, Bukola Saraki, but that of Chime was inexplicably kept secret. He equally noted that the visit of Chime's former Chief of Staff, Ifeoma Nwobodo, and the State Chairman of PDP, Ikeje Asogwa, who were being investigated with him, were also publicized. "I was very embittered when I learnt from my contacts at the EFCC Headquarters in Abuja that former Governor Chime sneaked into the place around 10am on Thursday and stayed until 10pm and yet the commission did not deem it fit to tell the public what transpired. "This same man (Chime) had boasted that he has strong contacts in EFCC and that nothing will happen to him. Now, he went to the EFCC Headquarters and stayed 12 hours and EFCC did not care to let the press know what happened. "What is more? My contacts in EFCC told me that he is doing everything to weaken the investigation of his administration and that some officials of the commission are already collaborating with him in this regard. "With his visit to EFCC yesterday shrouded in secrecy, what more evidence do I need to confirm that EFCC has compromised in the investigation of allegations of fraud and corruption against the immediate past administration in Enugu State led by Chime" Nnaji said. He warned President Muhamadu Buhari not to overlook what was happening in EFCC with regards to the Enugu investigation as it was capable of undermining his anti-corruption war. Nnaji alleged that his life was being threatened for championing the investigation of activities of Chime administration. He promised to make details of the threats on his life public in due course. It could be recalled that Nnaji earlier filed an application before the Federal High Court Enugu, seeking for an order to compel EFCC to investigate the immediate past administration in Enugu State. Nnaji filed the application, sequel to an order of the Court on July 2, 2015, granting him leave to apply to the Court for an order to compel EFCC to investigate Chime. Joined as 1st to 15th respondents respectively in his suit no: FHC/EN/C5/147/2015 are the EFCC, Code of Conduct Bureau, Sullivan Chime, his two sons, Nnamdi and Tochukwu Chime, former Chief of Staff, Government House Enugu, Mrs. Ifeoma Nwobodo and Jide Chime. Others are Mrs. May Orji, former Managing Director of Enugu State Housing Corporation, Ikeje Asogwa, who is now Acting State Chairman of PDP, Accountant General of Enugu State, Attorney General of the Federation and Minister for Justice, the National Assembly and the President, Federal Republic of Nigeria. In the motion on notice, Nnaji sought among other reliefs an order of Mandamus, compelling EFCC, the 1st respondent to commence investigation of Chime, his two sons, Mrs. Ifeoma Nwobodo, Jide Chime, May Orji, Ikeje Asogwa and Dr Chukwuma Ujam with respect to their activities in office and affairs in Enugu State from June 2007 to May 2015- with a view to prosecuting them after investigation. The PDP chieftain had in his petition to EFCC dated May 5, 2015, accused Chime of "Misappropriation of public funds worth over N12 billion and Forgery of Public Document, The (Supplementary Appropriation Law 2012) to cover up same. allafrica.com/stories/201508140353.html
Re: How EFCC Is Compromising On Chime's Corruption Probe - Nnaji by bewla(m): 7:50pm On Aug 14, 2015
Old kid on the block
Re: How EFCC Is Compromising On Chime's Corruption Probe - Nnaji by donholy28(m): 8:13pm On Aug 14, 2015
We all know EFCC is biased...if not amaechi,fashola,tinubu and obj should have be behind bars by now
Re: How EFCC Is Compromising On Chime's Corruption Probe - Nnaji by evanscheck(m): 8:19pm On Aug 14, 2015
He lodged in efcc quaters u are complaining, do u want to lodge there too
Re: How EFCC Is Compromising On Chime's Corruption Probe - Nnaji by collinsVP: 8:45pm On Aug 14, 2015
This is a very tough one for me, given the fact that am 95% satisfied with his administration in the light of his monumental achievements in the area of road infrastructure, reconstruction of state secretariat and payment of workers salaries as and when due.

the remaining 5% i took away, was as a result of his activities towards the tail of his administration, when he began to unnecessarily exert his weight on whoever he perceived to be either neutral or against his ambition to go for the Senate. He went as far as stripping some traditional rulers off their title.

Precisely to the topic. He cannot be clean as no one is clean. But he was fair enough to be allowed to rest.

(1) (Reply)

FG Plans To Make Money With 13 Products / Dead Pregnant Teen Wakes Up A Day Later Banging & Screaming Inside Coffin / Tinubu Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.