Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,609 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:09 PM

Who Disagrees Or Agrees With This? The Top Ten Rules Of Text Message Etiquette - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Who Disagrees Or Agrees With This? The Top Ten Rules Of Text Message Etiquette (1452 Views)

My Boss Sent Me This Text Message / 5 Examples Of Text Messages That Proves That The Woman You're Dating Is An Asset / Lady Agrees To Travel To Dubai To Have Anal Sex With HIV Positive Client(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Disagrees Or Agrees With This? The Top Ten Rules Of Text Message Etiquette by justmag(m): 8:11pm On Aug 14, 2015
1. The Golden Rule: Do not call in response to a text message. This is the most important rule. Why? Because it annoys me the most and I’m writing the article. But seriously, if someone wants to talk to you on the phone they’ll call you. If you call in response to a text you can expect one of two things: either a phone call with a person who is frustrated by your lack of social skills or an ignored phone call and the awkward text conversation that will follow it.

2. The Rule of Response: Always respond, unless you don’t want to be friends with that person anymore. Yes, we are all busy people, and I know it’s sometimes hard to respond when you know it will probably end up as a full on text conversation, but you should always respond. That is, of course, if you want to stay friends with the person. If not, feel free to ignore them.

Handy Tip: Keep your messages marked as new in case you aren’t responding right away. That way you can keep track of the people that are in need of a response. Which leads me to the next rule…

3. The Two Day Rule: If it takes you two days to get back to me, I technically have two days to get back to you. There is no room to get upset at someone for not responding to you in a timely fashion when you don’t respond to them quickly either. With that being said, there is also the other side of the coin…

4. The Too Quick Rule: If it takes me two days to respond to you, don’t respond immediately.

This rule is particularly pertinent in dating situations. It makes you seem really desperate, which reminds me of the next rule…

5. The 2 Text Rule: If you text someone two times and they don't respond, they don't want to talk to you. So stop texting them. Immediately.

An old roommate of mine had some great wisdom about relationships when he told me “there’s always one person in a relationship that likes the other person less, and you never want to be the person who is liked less.” If you continue to text them after no responses, you’re the person who is liked less.

Sometimes you’re just not sure about someone though, so this next one happens…

6. The Don’t Leave Me Hanging Rule: Don't text first if you're not willing to continue the conversation. IE: (You) Hey! How are you? (Them) I'm well. Yourself? (You) ....................

What’s Going On: usually these texts are sent late at night or after someone gets dumped. They say: “I kind of think you’re ok, but I’m really just trying to boost my ego by knowing that you’ll respond.” They probably know this because you’ve broke The 2 Text Rule in the past.

7. The Rule of Dismissal: Don't ignore a call and then text a person. Give them some time to think that you missed their call instead of them knowing that you ignored it. Really, it’s just the right thing to do.

8. The Rule of Disproportionate Letters: This one applies to messages received from a woman: never respond to a three page text with "k." At least give her a full “ok.”

If you’re a guy and you get a three page text from another guy, it’s completely acceptable to delete them from both Facebook and your life. Ain’t nobody got time for that!

9. THE IRONIC RULE: DON'T TEXT IN ALL CAPS: IT SEEMS LIKE YOU ARE ANGRY !!

(It’s ironic because the title of the rule is written all in caps. See what we did there?)

10. The L O L Rule: Don't use "lol" more than you have to. And by “more than you have to” we mean don’t use it at all. This is especially appropriate in situations like this “traffic is horrible LOL.” Obviously, you’re not laughing out loud at the traffic. Some people like to use lol in every text when a simple “haha” will do. Also, don’t use "u" or "ur" unless you don't mind being thought of as an idiot.
Re: Who Disagrees Or Agrees With This? The Top Ten Rules Of Text Message Etiquette by Mbkite(m): 8:12pm On Aug 14, 2015
k
Re: Who Disagrees Or Agrees With This? The Top Ten Rules Of Text Message Etiquette by Iddiot(m): 8:12pm On Aug 14, 2015
Re: Who Disagrees Or Agrees With This? The Top Ten Rules Of Text Message Etiquette by deadZONE: 8:13pm On Aug 14, 2015
undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Who Disagrees Or Agrees With This? The Top Ten Rules Of Text Message Etiquette by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 14, 2015
I think I agree with you
Re: Who Disagrees Or Agrees With This? The Top Ten Rules Of Text Message Etiquette by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 14, 2015
I Dhey Come
Re: Who Disagrees Or Agrees With This? The Top Ten Rules Of Text Message Etiquette by robinicule(m): 8:22pm On Aug 14, 2015
abeg life is too short. ama text d way i love it, u dont like it pls kiss my aess
Re: Who Disagrees Or Agrees With This? The Top Ten Rules Of Text Message Etiquette by Princecalm(m): 8:28pm On Aug 14, 2015
a good one for starters

1 Like

Re: Who Disagrees Or Agrees With This? The Top Ten Rules Of Text Message Etiquette by Darkseid(m): 8:39pm On Aug 14, 2015
Kk
Re: Who Disagrees Or Agrees With This? The Top Ten Rules Of Text Message Etiquette by jamex93(m): 8:40pm On Aug 14, 2015
I gree small
Re: Who Disagrees Or Agrees With This? The Top Ten Rules Of Text Message Etiquette by Cutehector(m): 8:59pm On Aug 14, 2015
Nice topic...
Re: Who Disagrees Or Agrees With This? The Top Ten Rules Of Text Message Etiquette by Kingsasian(m): 9:02pm On Aug 14, 2015
These are exactly what I am use to especially that no.5. I never knew they are rules.
Re: Who Disagrees Or Agrees With This? The Top Ten Rules Of Text Message Etiquette by ikbnice(m): 9:05pm On Aug 14, 2015
y do i av to care much about these rules when i hav my own set of rules.
Re: Who Disagrees Or Agrees With This? The Top Ten Rules Of Text Message Etiquette by tpiah2: 9:18pm On Aug 14, 2015
one would think you folks just discovered text messages.
Re: Who Disagrees Or Agrees With This? The Top Ten Rules Of Text Message Etiquette by justmag(m): 11:23pm On Aug 14, 2015
Kingsasian:
These are exactly what I am use to especially that no.5. I never knew they are rules.

Ohhh yes there are.
Re: Who Disagrees Or Agrees With This? The Top Ten Rules Of Text Message Etiquette by justmag(m): 11:33pm On Aug 14, 2015
ikbnice:
y do i av to care much about these rules when i hav my own set of rules.

And what are these rules??
Re: Who Disagrees Or Agrees With This? The Top Ten Rules Of Text Message Etiquette by banme(m): 12:00am On Aug 15, 2015
chai c rules... nyc write up op
Re: Who Disagrees Or Agrees With This? The Top Ten Rules Of Text Message Etiquette by justmag(m): 10:57am On Aug 15, 2015
banme:
chai c rules... nyc write up op

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

When A Male Classmate Stares At Your Face In Your Dream? / A Boy Looks At You Without Smiling. What Do You Do? / Which Is More Important To You, Sex Or Friendship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.