Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,093 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:05 AM

Puff Puff Recipe - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Puff Puff Recipe (8566 Views)

A Nairalander Buys A Big Puff Adder Along Akure-Ekiti Road, Butchers & Cooks It / Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff / Puff-puff Recipe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Puff Puff Recipe by SunshineNYC(f): 3:32am On Aug 15, 2015
Sooooo I tried to make puff puff today and it was a miserable fail. I guess for my first try it wasn't a complete disaster but I need some help for next time. Here are my concerns:

1. After leaving the mixture to raise for 45 mins it had a LOT of bubbles. When I fried it the inside was full of holes and pretty much hollow. What did I do wrong?

2. Idk if my tastebuds are super sensitive but all I could taste was yeast cry I thought to just add less yeast next time but what if they don't come out fluffy?

3. Nutmeg or no nutmeg?

4. How do I make them look better aka rounder and more uniformed?

Pleaseeeee share your recipes with exact ingredients and measurements If you don't mind. I used dry yeast and all purpose flour btw. Should I use self rising flour and instant yeast instead?

I attached a pic of my awful puff puffs for your entertainment lol
Thanks! For any and all help.

Re: Puff Puff Recipe by ifekemmie(f): 5:24am On Aug 15, 2015
Some pple can't eat it without pepper
Re: Puff Puff Recipe by ifekemmie(f): 5:26am On Aug 15, 2015
I guess d yeast is much dat where there is bubble in ur mix n inside d puff, reduce it nxt time
Re: Puff Puff Recipe by SunshineNYC(f): 9:27pm On Aug 15, 2015
ifekemmie:
I guess d yeast is much dat where there is bubble in ur mix n inside d puff, reduce it nxt time

I'll try less yeast next time. Thanks!
Re: Puff Puff Recipe by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 15, 2015
Too much yeast ....I don't have measurement for making puff puffs and don't use baking powder next time .
Re: Puff Puff Recipe by ifekemmie(f): 2:31am On Aug 16, 2015
I'll try less yeast next time. Thanks!

Always welcome
Re: Puff Puff Recipe by SunshineNYC(f): 4:56am On Aug 16, 2015
shoyemiayodeji:
Too much yeast ....I don't have measurement for making puff puffs and don't use baking powder next time .

Didn't use baking powder but will definitely reduce the amount of yeast I put. Thanks!
Re: Puff Puff Recipe by Ewuro4: 7:24am On Aug 16, 2015
Thanks for this thread. Been shying away from everyday puff puff embarrassment.

Please I need the specifics, 'mean measurements only in CUPS /OZ/TEASPOONS please smiley

No grams pleas ( sorry for my pickiness ), it's just frustrating you know , common puff puff, imagine angry

1 Like

Re: Puff Puff Recipe by SunshineNYC(f): 10:16pm On Aug 16, 2015
Ewuro4:
Thanks for this thread. Been shying away from everyday puff puff embarrassment.

Please I need the specifics, 'mean measurements only in CUPS /OZ/TEASPOONS please smiley

No grams pleas ( sorry for my pickiness ), it's just frustrating you know , common puff puff, imagine angry

I'm still waiting for a recipe but no luck so far. Hopefully someone comes in and saves us lol
Re: Puff Puff Recipe by Ewuro4: 10:22pm On Aug 16, 2015
SunshineNYC:

I'm still waiting for a recipe but no luck so far. Hopefully someone comes in and saves us lol

Lol

EDWIFE!! angry
Re: Puff Puff Recipe by edwife(f): 10:56pm On Aug 16, 2015
Ewuro4:

Lol

EDWIFE!! angry

Because i promised,i wouldn't come online at this time,especially today after my club lost.

500g of Plain Flour
100g Sugar (caster/castor sugar)
2 level teaspoons powdered/dry baking yeast OR 5g fresh yeast
Half teaspoon of ground Nutmeg
About 2 cups OR 300ml of lukewarm water
Half teaspoon of Salt
Vegetable Oil (for frying)

Ewuro you can use cup.so one cup of flour,a quarter of the same cup of sugar-you can always taste,2 teaspoon of yeast and so.

If you're using fresh yeast,dissolve the yeast with a little warm water and set side.Then pour the flour into a big bowl, add the ground nutmeg, sugar, salt and the dry yeast(or fresh yeast mixture):and mix together.

Now add the water, bit by bit and mix thoroughly.I use my hand to mix but you can also mix with a flat wooden spoon
Mix for about 10 minutes or until there are no lumps in it, and the batter is smooth , but it should not be watery.

Then use a dry cloth or aluminium foil and leave it to rise for about 45 to 50 minutes.To know that the batter is ready,you will notice some air bubble and it will double the size(rise).

Warm your oil until hot,then use any technique convenient to you,it could be hand or spoon....(again i use my hand)

smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Puff Puff Recipe by Ewuro4: 11:00pm On Aug 16, 2015
Thanks ma'am but how much flour (in cups/oz)

1 Like

Re: Puff Puff Recipe by SunshineNYC(f): 11:01pm On Aug 16, 2015
edwife:

Because i promised,i wouldn't come online at this time,especially today after my club lost.

Plain Flour
Sugar (caster/castor sugar)
2 teaspoons powdered/dry baking yeast OR fresh yeast(i use fresh)
Lukewarm water (more or less, until you get the consistency as described in the video below )
Half teaspoon of Salt

If you're using fresh yeast,dissolve the yeast with a little warm water and set side.Then pour the flour into a big bowl, add the ground nutmeg, sugar, salt and the dry yeast(or fresh yeast mixture):and mix together.

Now add the water, bit by bit and mix thoroughly.I use my hand to mix but you can also mix with a flat wooden spoon
Mix for about 10 minutes or until there are no lumps in it, and the batter is smooth , but it should not be watery.

Then use a dry cloth or aluminium foil and leave it to rise for about 45 to 50 minutes.To know that the batter is ready,you will notice some air bubble and it will double the size(rise).

Warm your oil until hot,then use any technique convenient to you,it could be hand or spoon....(again i use my hand)

smiley

Thankss!!!! You're a darling for this. How many cups of flour?
Re: Puff Puff Recipe by Ewuro4: 11:02pm On Aug 16, 2015
SunshineNYC:

beat you to it grin

sugar we can gauge
Re: Puff Puff Recipe by edwife(f): 11:04pm On Aug 16, 2015
Ewuro4:
Thanks ma'am but how much flour (in cups/oz)

I modified my post.

Thanks. kiss

SunshineNYC:

you are welcome,i modified the post.
Re: Puff Puff Recipe by Ewuro4: 11:06pm On Aug 16, 2015
edwife:

I modified my post.

Thanks. kiss

Thanks a million Eddy. I'll post the outcome tomorrow.

Have a good night. kiss

1 Like

Re: Puff Puff Recipe by SunshineNYC(f): 11:15pm On Aug 16, 2015
Ewuro4:

beat you to it grin

sugar we can gauge

Lol sure did.
Re: Puff Puff Recipe by SunshineNYC(f): 11:18pm On Aug 16, 2015
edwife:

I modified my post.

Thanks. kiss

Thanks much!
Re: Puff Puff Recipe by saiprojects(f): 9:52am On Aug 17, 2015
Re: Puff Puff Recipe by SunshineNYC(f): 1:34am On Aug 18, 2015
Re: Puff Puff Recipe by maingwaest(f): 1:34am On Aug 18, 2015
edwife:

500g of Plain Flour
100g Sugar (caster/castor sugar)
2 level teaspoons powdered/dry baking yeast OR 5g fresh yeast
About 2 cups OR 300ml of lukewarm water
Half teaspoon of Salt

Ewuro you can use cup.so one cup of flour,a quarter of the same cup of sugar-you can always taste,2 teaspoon of yeast and so.

smiley

So trying this tomorrow. Tenks.
Re: Puff Puff Recipe by ovalrose(f): 9:51am On Aug 20, 2015
simple way to make it...I'm def trying it out this weekend.
Re: Puff Puff Recipe by edwife(f): 5:15pm On Aug 24, 2015
Okay guys i am here,i gave you the recipe and i am also showing you how it came out.

It was deliciously delicious.... kisstongue

cc Ewuro4
SunshineNYC
ovalrose

Re: Puff Puff Recipe by edwife(f): 5:23pm On Aug 24, 2015
Et voila,final product.

I had it with sausage and vegetable sauce.

Re: Puff Puff Recipe by apcpdpallscam(f): 3:02am On Aug 25, 2015
edwife:
Et voila,final product.

aftr leaving to rise fr 45mins,do I stil stir dough bfr frying.
Re: Puff Puff Recipe by Nobody: 10:23am On Aug 25, 2015
edwife:
Et voila,final product.
u alone ate dis?
Re: Puff Puff Recipe by SunshineNYC(f): 11:38pm On Aug 25, 2015
edwife:
Et voila,final product.

Yummmm!!! This weekend I'm definitely making some more with your recipe lol

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? / Three Crowns Milk Celebrates Mother’s Day With ‘cook For Mum’ Campaign / Is It True Dat Achi-soup Makes A Man To B Impotent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.