Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,931 members, 7,799,138 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

Now That I Got A Job I Am Now Confused. - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Now That I Got A Job I Am Now Confused. (28031 Views)

Lady Who Just Got A Job Reveals What Happens To Her Each Time She Gets Home / I Got A Job Two Months After Service. / I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Now That I Got A Job I Am Now Confused. by Nobody: 7:56am On Aug 19, 2015
Jacseyi:

Thanks for ur contribution.
I'm not sure if the school job is pensionable but there's health insurance with free education for four kids but I'm not yet married. The engineering job is pensionable after 6 month with 4 different allowances after probation period of 6 months.
Sales job av a way to chyke u wit sugar coated mouth bt wen u r in, tins take a different turn, pls go 4 d teaching job, it gives u tym 2 plan further for ur life n job security is more guaranteed as a teacher. All d best.
Re: Now That I Got A Job I Am Now Confused. by eromspete(m): 9:11am On Aug 19, 2015
Frankly speaking 60k for a Masters Degree holder is low.

I wish you all the best in your career. God help you

Jacseyi:
It is about 5 years I completed my NYSC here in Lagos and since then I have been so uncomfortable with my life. I studied Physics & Electronics and Master’s degree from State and Federal institutions. I have been teaching Physics, Mathematics, Further Maths, and Chemistry from private home teaching to private schools to sustain myself since 2012. It has never being easy but as a Christian I keep my hope in God. I have spent a lot of money on attending conferences, travelling, tests, interviews, and scholarship applications for Ph.D abroad.

Now, I am to resume work in an engineering firm as a Technical/Product sales engineer with a car next month. Same day, a school offers to employ me as further maths subject teacher with a self-contained accommodation. The confusion now is that the school offers 80k/month while the sales job is 60k/month plus commission on each sale. My highest pay so far per month is 32k.

Dear Moderator, I'll be grateful if my post is on the front page.

I will appreciate your contributions. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: Now That I Got A Job I Am Now Confused. by bummyla(m): 11:53am On Aug 19, 2015
If You have fair for marketing, go for the sales job. good marketers make 3 times their salaries before the end of the month! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: Now That I Got A Job I Am Now Confused. by masties2(f): 11:54am On Aug 19, 2015
I think with the sales job you have a better opportunity for growth. With teaching t is more limited. However, do what you have passion for. Teaching is brain draining if you don't live to do it. I wish you the best.

PS. Op please no offense, which school is that let me send my CV in case there is opening for English and Literature teacher. The free education for 4 kids is appealing. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Now That I Got A Job I Am Now Confused. by oIo(m): 11:59am On Aug 19, 2015
Take d sales job....better 4 u in d long run:
× exposure
× experience
× increased network
× sales experience is useful for every aspect of life
× if you can sell anything, even when you're out of job, you wont be hungry
× dont look at current salary...it always gets better
× sales job will teach you how to better package your interest in education inorder to make more money
× just accept the job with God's help you'll come here in a year's time and testify.

1 Like

Re: Now That I Got A Job I Am Now Confused. by sepsybabe: 12:44pm On Aug 19, 2015
@jackseyi it is only God that blesses the handwork of every human being, you can be rich as a teacher if you want to, all depends on you and God, my prayer for you is that he will bless the works of your hands.
After looking at your post analytically, i feel the teaching job is better because you can build a career from that, you don't have to be a secondary school teacher for ever, you can choose to be a lecturer. All depends on you........ But i pray God will lead you aright, we can only give our own opinion but God is the best person to direct you. All the best

1 Like

Re: Now That I Got A Job I Am Now Confused. by misterjosh(m): 5:42pm On Aug 19, 2015
Just pray for God's guidance
Re: Now That I Got A Job I Am Now Confused. by nekkyo(f): 2:18pm On Aug 20, 2015
I will advise you take the teaching job, do lessons to earn more, do more academic upgrading phd, keep searching for any office work that catch your fancy aside marketing!! except your social and the street smart kind of guy, then go on with the marketing!! but I sense you are introvert.... stand to be corrected. all the best
Re: Now That I Got A Job I Am Now Confused. by guseman(m): 4:34pm On Aug 20, 2015
dandollar1:
Lolzzzzz @ the bolded. Go and ask teachers teaching kindergartens in NLNG schools how far. Please, don't always generalise.

They don't even advertise such jobs and if they do, they already have their candidates expect your surname is GOODLUCK

1 Like

Re: Now That I Got A Job I Am Now Confused. by SpaceWorld2013(m): 7:08pm On Aug 20, 2015
masties2:
I think with the sales job you have a better opportunity for growth. With teaching t is more limited. However, do what you have passion for. Teaching is brain draining if you don't live to do it. I wish you the best.

PS. Op please no offense, which school is that let me send my CV in case there is opening for English and Literature teacher. The free education for 4 kids is appealing. Thanks
The school is in Ikorodu, Lagos. for B.Sc is 60k/month

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See An Unimaginable Way A School Teacher Gets Additional Income. / Young Lady Celebrates Her Barrister Father After Being Called To Bar. Photos / Must It Be In A Mortuary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.