Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

Forty-nine Shades Of Me. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Forty-nine Shades Of Me. (4759 Views)

Shades Of Lust / Million Shades Of Temi (short series) / The Shades Of Deception By Olarhtunji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forty-nine Shades Of Me. by ghostwritter(m): 1:19am On Aug 16, 2015
From the stables of GHOST production in collaboration with INSIGHT

I dedicate this write-up to every victim of HIV/AIDS and I pray that God forgive the dead and heal the living.
what you are about to read is never in anyway related to my real life. It is all a fiction.
WARNING: NO PART OF THIS WORK OR PLOT SHOULD BE EXTRACTED WITHOUT CONTACTING ME
osuleman11@gmail.com
shocked

I watched as her remains was gradually lowered into mother-earth, I watched as friends and family all cried for her early demise, I watched as her mother poured a handful of the earth on the coffin, I watched as the presiding pastor gave his concluding sermon for the burial session, I watched as everyone regrettably turned their backs to go home. I stood still beside her grave, I never wanted to leave her there alone, I wish I could forever keep her company, I wish I had paid more attension to her while I could still be of help, I wish I hadn’t pushed her away when she needed a hug, I wish I was there by her side when she needed me most, I wish I was there for her when she needed someone to help share her problems with, I wish I was…… it’s too late for any amends, it’s far too late to bring her back to life. I stood by her grave hoping she could listen to my plea and forgive me for how stupid I was with my decisions which had led her to her death. I am all to blame; I am solely responsible for the death of the girl who was once the only light amongst my darkness.

“Miss. Ruth Aina Odeolu

1991-2012

May your soul rest in peace”

One year Ago

I had just finished my one year mandatory youth service in Abuja and had to come back home, my father had insisted I come back to Lagos to watch over his business, it was a big school of his he had wanted me to manage. As a fresh graduate of ‘Business Management’, I was a perfect fit for a school administrator. My father practically wanted me to handle every financial and administrative works of the school; the old man has got a lot of other businesses to handle both in the international and local scene. As the only son of an ambitious business tycoon, I surely have to get myself groomed up for the works, money and pleasures ahead.

On a Monday morning, every teaching and non-teaching staffs of ‘Greenland Comprehensive Schools’ were gathered in the board room for a very important and urgent meeting. I was introduced to everyone by my father as the new administrator of the school and in return was a thunderous clap and a standing ovation by everyone present. Even though I was happy with my father’s action, I still questioned my ability for the readiness of such authority within one of the prestigious comparative schools within the county. Every staff walked up to me for a congratulatory hand-shake and had to introduced him/her self before going back to their seats. Even though I was nervous with a cold palm and a raised heart-beat, I had to do what I had to do and that was to give a short appreciation speech to about fifty-four strange faces who all had their attention shifted towards me and that I did without an iota of conflicting words and a tone that commands authority.

A week had passed and I was left alone by my father who had by then travelled out of the country to the United Kingdom for a business trip. He surely won’t be coming home any time soon going by our discussion a week ago. He had made me promise not to ruin the glory of the school he had struggled to uplift for about three decades and that I should act like a true leader in his absence. I had to bring my ‘A-game’ to the managerial aspect of the school which seems more of a colony on its own. The school already has a well mapped out managerial structure, all thanks to my father. Every staff of the school were diligent and dedicated to his or her work and they all seem to cooperate with me in every of my decisions even though most of them were more matured and experienced than I was.

Two weeks of me being the school administrator and I had begin to blend in wonderfully, thanks to the cooperating staffs. I was alone in my well furnished office and going through the school weekly report when I heard a soft knock upon my door.

“You may come in” I said as I still kept my eyes and mind glued to what lies on my table.

“Good morning sir!” a famine voice greeted.

I raised up my head from what I was reading to see a young and beautiful lady standing in front of me with her hands at her back and her head still bow which I assumed was a sign of respect. I was a little bit nervous by her sudden presence in front of me but I had control myself….for I am now a boss.

“Good morning Ma, you can have your sit” I point to one of the two executive chairs in front of me.

“Thank you sir” she said before sitting down.

“And how may I be of any help to you Ma?” I asked the beautiful but unfamiliar face sitting in front of me.

“Sir, please I will like to submit my letter of notification to you” she stretched forth a white envelope.

“What letter of notification?” I must have looked ignorant as I collected the letter from her.

“That I won’t be coming to work next week”

“Which work?” still looking lost.

She seem not to understand my last question for she gave a ‘don’t-you-know-me’ look, but I truly don’t know her from Adam. It took me another extra look at her to realized she was wearing the uniform meant for the school cleaners in the basic section. I could swear by anything that I had never had thought of her as a cleaner.

“Are you…I mean do you work here?” I had to ask

“Yes sir, I work here” she still kept her face downward.

“….And as a cleaner?”

“Yes sir, I am the cleaner for Basic two” she spoke very gently and calmly like she had to pick every of her words before spoken.

I looked at the young lady sitting infront of me and I can’t deny the fact that she is one of the most beautiful creatures I had ever and could ever see. She made a pony-tail off her very dark hair, she was light in complexion, she had a very pink lips, she had a small and pointed nose, she had a dark and well shaped eye lashes above her brownish eye lens and what captivated me the most was a small dark dot above her lips which made her beauty so unique from any I had seen. She was a total definition of beauty with a slit make-up on her.

“You are so beautiful” I must have silently spill out my thought unconsciously

“Sir?” she tried to ask of what I had said

“Never mind” I adjusted myself on my sit and try to be in control of my emotions. I therefore opened to letter to read it content.

“So you are Miss. Ruth Odeolu?” I asked with my eyes still fixed to the letter at hand

“Yes Sir!”

“And you want the school management to lend you the sum of five thousand-five hundred naira and to also grant you a day off from work?”

“Yes sir!” she replied with a more quiet and withdrawn tone.

I rose up my head to meet her eyes staring into mine, her eyes said it all, she wanted her request granted desperately and could understand perfectly why. Miss. Ruth here wanted to use the money and the day off work for her upcoming ‘JAMB’ exam which was slated for about two weeks ahead.

I approved of her letter and likewise wrote for her a note to go give the school financial accountant who would know what to do with it.

“Thank you so much sir” she said and stood up to go

“Which of the higher institution are you pursuing?” I try to bring up a relating conversation just to keep her in my sight

“University of Ilorin sir”

“Wow! That is very good, so what course was it you applied for? I asked the next logic question

“Mass Communication sir”

“Nice course it is, I hope to see you around before the exam” I must have said that again unconsciously forgetting I was her boss and not meant to create too much emotional attachment (my father taught me that).

“Hopefully sir” she said and practically ran out of my office. I guess I must have delayed her with my unnecessary questioning while she has got work to return to.

Throughout that day, I couldn’t get Ruth out of my mind, that was the first time I felt so attached to her and that was strange for me.

One week had passed and everything had being going according to school managerial plan but I had a personal problem and that was Miss. Ruth. I couldn’t seem to get her off my mind. I had kept thinking about her, I had kept imaging her and in fact, I had regular dreams of her throughout my nights of sleep.

“Oh my God!, I do not want to fall in love, I hear ‘Love’ is one of the greatest distraction of mankind and truly it was..
Re: Forty-nine Shades Of Me. by Deluxewize(m): 2:47pm On Aug 17, 2015
Will you continue please
Re: Forty-nine Shades Of Me. by ghostwritter(m): 10:36pm On Aug 17, 2015
THIS IS A WORK OF FICTION, NO PART OF IT IS TRUE AND THE CHARACTERS IN IT ARE IMAGINARY.

WRITTEN BY : OMOTAYO Taofiq SULEMAN
I hear ‘Love’ is one of the greatest distraction of mankind and truly it was for I am now a victim. I had not seen her since the first day we met and since then, I had greater emotional torment of her beauty and that had discouraged me to go in pursuit of her.

“Mr. Salisu, I want you to help me go fetch for Miss. Ruth Odeolu immediately” I said to my driver as he maneuvered the car and I into the school premises.

“ Oga, fetch ke?” Mr. Salisu emphasized with confusion on his face.

“go and call, go help me call miss. Ruth, and I think she is the cleaner for….” I try explain

“Ahhh Ruth! Oga shey no be Miss World?” he asked like I knew what he was talking about

“Is that the name she goes by?” I tactically asked

“No oga, na we give her the name o, but her real name na just Ruth” Salisu explained.

“and why did you choose to call her by that name? I must have asked in a tone filled with slight anger

“Oga no be only me o, na all the staffs dey call her like that” he spoke defensively for he sensed the anger in my tone.

“and why did you all choose to call her by that name?” I asked in the same pace of tone for this time I was really angry and a bit jealous.

“she…na because….oga na because the girl fine well-well and she fit speak grammar pass Queen of England.

“Does she have a boy-friend?” I asked unconsciously due to the great feeling of jealousy that enveloped me at that instant. Mr. Salisu must have been taken by surprise with my question as exclamated before giving me what I was hoping to hear.

“Ahhh! Oga nooo, that girl na good girl, I no think sey she get any boy-friend because I never see her with any boy before, she dey always go her own jeje”

“Tell her I will be in me office waiting for her” I opened the door and walked like the boos that I am into the administrative block where my office is.

My heart almost jumped out of my mouth as I set my eyes on her pretty being, I felt more and more uncomfortable with every step she took towards my direction. She looked so beautiful even as she try hard to keep her dress sense very simple. I wanted to compliment her on her beauty but had to caution myself, for my father wouldn’t agree to it either (call me daddy’s pet if you like; it’s none of my concern).

“Good morning Miss. Ruth” I greeted

“Good morning sir” she reciprocated

“And how was your weekend?” I asked

“Very fine sir, and yours sir?”

“wonderful, ehmm…so… so next week would be the exam?” I try coming up with something

“Yes sir, I would be leaving to Ilorin on Thursday evening”

“who will you be staying with over there?” I asked with a concerned intent.

“With a friend of mine”

“Your boy-friend?” I couldn’t help the jealousy in me but ask

“No sir, she is a female friend of mine who stays in one of the hostels in the University and I hope to pass the night at her place” she looked into my eyes as she explained to me ignorantly.

“You know it’s important that the school management knows the whereabouts of it staffs” I lied.

“I understand sir”

I lean forward upon the glass table in front of me and surmon the little courage inside of me to say “Ehmm, Ruth there is something I had wanted to talk to you about”

“What is it about sir?” I guess she must have thought it was her job related issue with the tone and shocking facial expression that accompanied her question.

I slowly walked up to her like a doctor who is to examine his patient, sat on the chair next to her, held her hands tenderly, looked directly into her beautiful eyeballs as she stared into mine with greater curiosity and I gently whispered into her right ears “Don’t call me sir, Just call me Abdul”

“Okay sir….sorry, I meant Okay Abdul” Ruth corrected.

I could see Ruth wasn’t comfortable with the new development; she looked tense and was in a hurry to almost run out of my presence like a threatened child, she kept avoiding eye contact with me either by stairing at my table, her leather shoe, her silver coloured wrist-watch or any other place within the office. I kept my eyes fixed upon her pink coloured lips, with all sought of sensual and romantic thought flashing across my head, I wish I could stop myself from those thoughts but I couldn’t because it was too late. Like a flash it happened as my lips where already buried upon Ruth’s lips. It was a deep kiss which Ruth couldn’t resist after she tried to. I loved it, I loved her lips, I loved the taste of her saliva, I loved the aura in which she smells, I loved the succulence of her lips, I loved the smoothness of her skin, I loved everything about her, I loved Ruth.

“Ruth I love you and I love you so much, I want you to…..” I try pouring out my heart to her when she placed her finger across my lips.

“Shuuuu!, there is no way sir, I mean Abdul” she whispered in a tone that triggered my fantasy

“But why, do you already have a fiancée?” I asked with an angered filled tone

“No I don’t”

“A boyfriend?”

“Not really…. I mean no”

“so why won’t you allow me have you?” I asked as I hope to make an eye contact with her.

“But you….you ….you are my boss”

“And so?”

“you….you are a muslim”

“And so, my religion won’t stop me from loving you?”

“well….ehmmm….actually I am….” Before she could finish her sentence, I had practically captured her lips into my mouth, the kiss was far deeper than the previous one, I could feel she loved every moment of it as she had her eyes closed and held me firm like she won’t let me withdraw from her. I held her arms in return and kissed every angle of her neck, kissed her chin, kissed her eyes, kissed her nose, kissed her ears, chewed her lips and tongue. After about three minutes of intense kissing, she suddenly withdrew from me like a lunatic who had just been cured of her sickness.

“I’m sorry but I can’t do it sir” she dashed out from my presence and from my office.

I couldn’t believe my eyes, I couldn’t belief what just happened, I couldn’t believe how Ruth was into me for a moment and could easily put off from me in the next without my consent, I couldn’t belief how fast and deep I had fallen in love with Ruth within seconds and how fast and deep she had hurt me within seconds. I stood still for few seconds watching as my office door closes slowly after the exit of Ruth.

“Could this be love?” I rythorically finalized as I was determine to get in touch with her after the day’s job.

I found Ruth’s mobile number and house address, courtesy of the staffs documentation file which was in my office. I waited till the evening at exactly 5p.m before giving her a call, her number went through but was received by a masculine voice who told me to call back again in few minutes.

“How could she leave her phone for a guy to pick it up…., could that be her boyfriend…., or could that be her fiancée or that might be her…..?” my jealous mind pondered while I waited for ‘few minutes’. I dialed her number again and was received by that same masculine voice.

“May I know who I am speaking with?” I ordered

“Just call her back?” the masculine voice on the other side of the line hurriedly spoke

“But you said I should……” I tried to explain when the line went off from the other end.

2 Likes

Re: Forty-nine Shades Of Me. by ghostwritter(m): 12:09am On Aug 25, 2015
I couldn’t contain my anger any more as I vowed never to call her again, “I guess her boyfriend is in control of her life when she’s home” I angrily concluded and resigned into the thought of the event that transpired that morning which again slowly arose my fantasy and a great craving for her beautiful body.

Moments later, my mobile phone rang and the on it appeared a farmiliar number, I picked up the call and heard Ruth voice on the other end of it.

“I’m sorry may I know who I am speaking with?” The femine voice asked politely.

“It’s Abdul!” I sounded confident trying to put my alter ego on the loose.

“Abdul…., Abdul….Abdul from where?”

“Ahh…. Sir, I am very sorry sir, I had forgotten…..,

“That’s alright, I had called earlier but….by the way, who was that guy that picked up my call?”

“That was Michael, my younger brother”

“What took you so…..never mind, I want to see you tonight”

“Why….I hope all is well sir?”

“All is well, just that…, ehmm….actually I miss you”

“Okay sir…..Thank you sir, but I won’t be free tonight”

“And why is that?”

“I will be going for evening fellowship in church sir”

“Oh!!...., fellowship in church, I see. Till tomorrow in school then?”

“Yes sir”

“Remember to pray for me while in church and by the way, call me Abdul”

“I will sir….sorry sir….I mean Abdul”

“No problem, I love you” I said and waited anxiously for her response.

“Good night sir!” she hurriedly said while her line went off immediately.

I dialed her number several times but it kept telling me it’s ‘Switch-off’. I felt something wasn’t in place so I sent her a message letting her know how unhappy I am with her action. I lay on my bed that night with a heart filled with fantasies of Ruth and I making sweet love in a room filled with lighted-caddles, rose flowers, bottle of wine, cold weather….. I slowly drifted into sleep and woke-up the next morning to find my boxers filled with white-sticky substance.

As Mr. Salisu made a halt of the black ‘Range Rover’ by the parking lot, I ordered him go tell Miss. Ruth to come see me in my office. As I sat on my roller-costar chair with great anticipation of seeing Ruth walk through my office door, I was disappointed to see Mr. Salisu’s old tribal marked face instead as he made his way to me to inform me of her absence in school.

“What!!...., but this is thirty-two minutes pass eight” I looked through my wrist-watch.

“But she never come late like dis before” Mr. Salisu sounded concerned

“So what does that mean, that she won’t be coming for work today?”

“Oga I no know”

As I brought out my phone to call Ruth, she walked in and greeted Mr. Salisu and I casually. Ruth apologiesed and blamed her lateness on a terrible traffic caused by an accident while on her way. Mr. Salisu walked out of the office and I was left alone with a girl who’s thought I couldn’t forgo. I calmly walked to her direction and stood in front of her, I felt her warm breath upon my face as I looked down into those goegiouse eyes of hers and likewise, she also looked up to me in anticipation like a puppy in need of feeding. At that moment, I realized Ruth was more beautiful than I had earlier thought, I realized she ought not to be a cleaner in the school but a model in one of the covers for fashion magazines.

“How do I punish you for late coming?” I rythorically asked as I held her gently by her curvy waist

“I am very sorry sir” she quietly said as she looked away

“Look into my eyes while I speak to you” I held her chin and forced my lips into hers. Just like I had expected, she held my suit tight making me press my chest upon her already swollen bosom. I must have unconsciously slipped one of my hands into her skit from below for I felt the warmness and smoothness of her thighs as she gently but passionately moaned.

“Abdul please stop…., please let’s stop it!!” she ‘plead-fully’ whispered into my ear as she firmly held my wandering hand from going any further.

“Ruth please let me have you, let me have you to myself” I whispered as I try to catch my breath.

Ruth place one of her hands on my cheek and stared intensely into my eyes like a sought of foreseer, she kept staring for few seconds and that got the impatient and uncomfortable side of me.

“Say something, don’t just….” I broke the awkward silence in the room.

“you are a good man but I…I… I can’t do it sir”

“Ruth why are you being wicked to me?” I asked angrily

“I wish I can explain but it’s complicated”

“Just spit it out, in fact I love complicated issues” I boldly lied to her face as I try to maintain my innocent outlook.

“I can’t sir” Ruth said with a tone of finality.

For more than a month, Ruth must have made it her priority to causing me an emotional torture as I couldn’t help but see her face in everything I do. When I slept, while I ate, while her read, when I try addressing other staffs, while watching television, even while going through the dailies…..I think of her, I think of Ruth. I try to distract myself off her thought by engaging myself on physical exercise and try concentrate on work as prescribed by an on-line article but it rather got worst.

I had try promised myself to keep my dignity by putting an end to any sought of cordial relationship and by maintaining a strict ‘Boss-to-employee’ relation between Ruth and I. Likewise, Ruth unknowing helped keep my vow for she avoided me all through like a plague. I gradually became a shadow of myself and something reminisces on what was ‘complicated’ in the life of Ruth.

“Was she just toying with me by playing the hard to get or what?” I must have thought aloud as I gulped down the remains of ‘Don Simon’ from my cup.

I was all alone in my father’s mansion with no one to keep company, even though I had always preferred being on own, that night was different for I felt lonely and needed Ruth by my side, I needed to touch, I needed to caress, I needed her kiss, I needed to smell her aura, I needed her to lay on my bed with no clothes on, I needed her to quench my thirst for seex that night, I needed her to…… I needed Ruth so badly.

2 Likes

Re: Forty-nine Shades Of Me. by ghostwritter(m): 7:23pm On Dec 03, 2015
lalasticlala, sorry for my use of inappropriate word towards u.
You are doing a great job and also d best moderator ever liveth.
Re: Forty-nine Shades Of Me. by ghostwritter(m): 1:44pm On Dec 05, 2015
It was on a Wednesday morning, a general meeting was held by all management and staffs of Greenland Academy right before we embark on the mid-term break. Various issues relating to the development of the school was discussed and suggestions where welcomed, the management had agreed to go on a two days mid-term break. After the meeting, as everyone stood to dismiss, I signaled to Ruth to come see me in my office which she did.

“I never knew you are so good an actress” I started with as she sat.

“What do you mean sir?” she acted ignorant.

“For how long will you keep acting like this?”

“Like how sir?”

“Like you’ve got no feelings for me” I lean forward to my table.

“Sir it’s over, I can’t continue with it”

“But why can’t you….., don’t you have feelings for me?”

“I don’t know sir, it’s complicated”

“What is so complicated about your life that you can’t share with me?”

Ruth kept mute as she try avoid further eye contact with me, I stared at her for a while and could feel through her eyes the invisible burden upon her shoulder. She must have learnt the act of hiding her pains all to herself and masking it behind her pretty face. I made a mental note to finding out by myself what this ‘Complicated’ was about Ruth life.

“Any news on your post-UTME result?” I try change the topic

“Yes sir, I scaled through the cut-off mark, I scored 72.

“Woow…., that sure cause for celebration!, do you have any plans for tonight”

“I will be going for fellowship this evening and a prayer vigil tonight”

“What about tomorrow, you should come to my place, it’s a mid-term break isn’t it?”

“But sir I….” she try explain.

“No ‘But’ Miss Ruth, we need to celebrate this success, make it a must you call me tomorrow” I spoke with a tone of finality as I stretched fought a piece of paper containing my phone number and home address towards her which she collected reluctantly.

The next day which was Thursday was a big day for me for someone special was coming to visit, I had the gardener Mallam Issa tidy up the environment to its peak of cleanliness and had my fridge stocked with all sought of exotic wines and can-food. Ruth called me few minutes past four that afternoon telling me she had successfully located my building.

ME: That’s good, tell the security guard at the gate that you are here to see me, he will let you in.

RUTH: I’m sorry sir; I don’t want to come inside.

ME: what do you mean?

RUTH: I just don’t want to come inside, let us meet outside.

ME: I don’t get you, but why?

RUTH: ehmmm…..actually its ehmm!!...

ME: Oh!...,I forgot, it’s complicated, isn’t it? So now what happens when I come to see you outside?

RUTH: I don’t know o!

ME: Just forget it, I will join you outside in a jiffy.

Call ends.

As I stepped outside the gate, I sighted a very beautiful creature, I sighted an Angel, I saw Ruth looking so radiant in a short tight fitted purple colored blouse with all it accessories to match. Her facial make-up was kept simple and on her was the ‘Alicia Augello (Alicia Keys)’ braided hair type with her body curves sensually shaped making her presence irresistible to any sane man.

“Wow, you look so gorgeous!” I said

“Thanks for the compliment sir” she replied

“What’s up with you and this your ‘Sir ish’ thing, can’t you just…..?”

“Okay Abdul” she corrected before I finished my statement

“Good, that’s my gal, now since you insisted on not coming in for whatever reason you have, then I think it is logical we go to your place then” I teased.

“Ahhh…. God forbid…, my mother will skin me alive, she mustn’t even know I’m here” she bursted out in fearful outlook.

“I was merely joking; so where did you tell her you are going to?”

“Fellowship”

“Dressed like this?” I asked curiously as I took a glanced at her seductive outfit.

Ruth answered the question by opening her big purple hand-bag to show me what the content in it was, and yes it was a cloth, a cloth which I guessed she must have wore earlier while leaving her house.

“Such a bad gal you are…, so where have you changed?” I asked in a fascinating tone.

“Is this how you plan to keep me standing under this hot sun while I’m being interrogated?

“Oops..., my bad, I am sorry, wait here while I rush in to change to something better and get the car because I need to show you how special you are”.

“So where are we going to?” she asked with an excited appearance.

“Just guess!”

1 Like

Re: Forty-nine Shades Of Me. by ghostwritter(m): 1:49pm On Dec 05, 2015
Thirty-five minutes later, I drove into the premises of the Ikeja City Mall around Alausa. I was sure the Mall will be enough to provide me will all that I need to host my guest, yes it was for it had all that I needed inside of it like a 5-screen silverbird Cinemas, Shoprite supermarket, banks, cafes, bars, restaurants, ice-skating arena. We settled down in ‘KFC’ to eat, Ruth couldn’t help but bobble with excitement and amusement as she glanced around like a newly freed convict. As we ate, I occasionally stole glances at her which she noticed and that got her curious.

“Is there something you wish to tell me?” she asked

“Why do you ask?” I pretentiously asked in return

“Because it’s being the umpteenth time you’ve stolen a glance at me….hope I’m save?

“You are safe with me, it’s just that there is something deep inside my heart I want you to know” I said with a tone of seriousness.

“And what is it?” she enquired as she paused from eating, looking into my eyes like it was a sought of time-bomb ready to blow. I could see the strain of suspense hung upon her face,

***”Ruth, I want to F you so hard, I want to make sweet love to you and feel the pleasure to the high heavens, I want to caress your smooth and busty breasts and suck the hard darkish-brown nipple on top of it, I want to deep my mouth into yours as suck your saliva, I want to feel your tender body upon my skin and hear you moan with pleasure as I slide my hands all over your succulent thigh up into your clitoris, I want to hear you call my name in a sensual manner as you plead to have me inside of you, I want to….”***

“Abdul!.... Abdul!! And what is this thing you want me to know?” she kicked my leg from underneath the table when she realized I was absent minded. I was immediately brought back to reality as I scrabbled for something to say.

“ehnmm….ehnmmm….i was just thinking of ehnmmm!!, I’m sorry but what was the question again?”

“You said you wanted to tell me something” she sounded expectant

“oh yes! I just want to say that you are the most beautiful creature I have ever seen” I told her what was very close to the truth and I could see she was excited.

“Thanks a lot for the compliment” she appreciated amidst smile as she went back eating.

Later on, we went into the shoprite-supermarket where we bought all sought of varieties, she had about three shopping cart filled up under my expense. Ruth felt uncomfortable accepting the gifts but I insisted and told her how bad it will make me feel if she rejects it, though she felt she couldn’t thank me enough but I made her realized that her presence beside me was all I cherish. As we entered into the car, we kissed and it was a passionate sought of but she wouldn’t let me go any further for again in her own words “It’s complicated”. I was about to ignite the engine to my car when Ruth said if only we had more time she would have loved to experience what it feels like to be in the ‘Silverbird indoor cinema’.

“So be it”.

We were right in time for a ‘Tyler Perry’ movie slated to be screened on cinema at exactly 6:35pm, in the fully air-conditioned cinema space; we had our pop-corn and pineapple juice which I had secretly laced with twenty-three percent liquor which I had earlier bought in the supermarket. Few minutes into the movie, Ruth started complaining of too much cold.

“Is there any way I can let them put off this thing, the cold is too much o!” Ruth said as she was slightly shivering.

“Honestly I don’t know but you can have my juice” I said and stretched my cup of juice towards her.

“so how will drinking your own juice be a solution to the cold?” she asked

“just drink it and see wonders as it works itself in your body” I whispered into her ears

“Okay o…., doctor Abdul, let me experience your magic” Ruth teased as she collected my juice and gave me hers.

Ruth slowly took a sip from the cup, then another sip and another sip till she gulped down half of the juice, I was surprised by her action because I never expected her to take in all at ones. About five minutes later she directed her mouth towards my ear and whispered “Doctor Abdul, I think your juice is really performing wonders”.

“And why is that?” I asked in the process of trying to focus on the movie in front of me.

“I am gradually feeling warm inside my stomach, how did you do it?” she asked

“I added bit of spirit to it” I said innocently.

“What’s a spirit?” she sounded ignorant

“A sought of liquor” I explained

“And what is a liquor?” she looked lost and curious

“A sought of alcohol” I further explained

“Blood of Jesus!!” she screamed and it ended up attracting and distracting the already rapt attention of the viewers.

The remaining period in the cinema was a awkward moment for me as I watched in silence but a absent minded trying to figure out what Ruth would feel about my earlier action of the ‘Miracle working juice’.

***Before you all blame me, I want you to know that I did what I did with a plain heart of love and care towards Ruth, I had given up my liquor-laced-juice in helping her earlier troubled condition….and besides, how do I know she had never consumed and never wants to consume alcohol?***

1 Like

Re: Forty-nine Shades Of Me. by OloriAbefe(f): 7:54pm On Dec 05, 2015
Awwww......just when I thought you'll update no more. I've refreshed dz page lyk 4ever. thank yo so much.
It's nt bad if I ask 4 more....ryt?

1 Like

Re: Forty-nine Shades Of Me. by Kavalier5(m): 7:22am On Dec 06, 2015
more grease to your elbows... #following
Re: Forty-nine Shades Of Me. by ghostwritter(m): 10:26am On Dec 06, 2015
OloriAbefe:
Awwww......just when I thought you'll update no more. I've refreshed dz page lyk 4ever. thank yo so much.
It's nt bad if I ask 4 more....ryt?
lol.....and when i thought no one was going to comment. I type d stories with my phone so it's not easy for fast updates.
Let me know how good or bad d story has gone so far, It's gonna help. Thanks.
I will post soonest.
Re: Forty-nine Shades Of Me. by ghostwritter(m): 12:19pm On Dec 06, 2015
As I drove away from the shopping mall into the ever busy road characterized with traffic, I noticed Ruth was looking dizzy but occasionally struggled to keep her eyes open by rubbing it with her palms. I apologized for what happened in the cinema and she told me that she had forgiven me that she only acted surprised and afraid of the effect of alcohol to her body system. As I drove further, I realized the liquor had taken its toll on her as she was fast asleep.

“Hey Ruth wake up, where do I drop you?” I tapped her lightly on her shoulder.

I realized it would be of no use bothering the sleepy girl as she was way far looking unconscious, I parked my car midway by the road side to do a quick thinking of way and manner on how to get my guest home safely at a time like 8:42 with no clue of where she lives and no idea on any of her relatives or friends to contact ***and speaking of calling***, I scrambled through her bag to find all sought of ‘lady’s things’, pair of red shoe, brown scarf, a big black cover bible, about three white plastics of drug and her phone. I grabbed her phone and saw several missed calls and messages, I read the messages and saw that most of it where from her network service provider while one of the messages was from ‘Bro. Paul’ whose message simply reads thus:

“U missed this evening fellowship and you are not picking my calls, hope all is well?”

Another message from ‘Abigail’ reads:

“pls if you are coming for tonight vigil, don’t forget to come along with my red shoe coz I will be making use of it tomorrow”.

Another message from ‘Mom’ reads:

“Sweetie, please don’t forget to use it”

I checked the missed calls and saw about three from ‘Bro. Paul’ and one from ‘Abigail’. As I dialed to call ‘Mom’ who I guess would be Ruth’s mother, the phone beeped ‘Battery low’ and suddenly went off. I was so disappointed, that could have been my opportunity of getting the sleeping beauty back home. I had no other option than to drive back to my apartment where she could pass the night and make it back home as early as possible….and that was what I did.

Re: Forty-nine Shades Of Me. by ghostwritter(m): 12:23pm On Dec 06, 2015
****Getting home, it was already 09:05pm. I gently laid sleepy Ruth on the bed in the guest-room and sat by the side to enjoy her beautifully shaped body grace my presence, all manners of thought flashed through my mind as I kept staring at a body that unconsciously lay so loose and provocatively on a bed in a room with me alone at it mercy. I easily pulled-off her cloth and her pink flower-pattern pant which she had on. I couldn’t help but have a feel of her smooth skin with my hands, I couldn’t help but have a feel of her succulent lips with mine, I couldn’t help but have her beautiful body grace mine, I couldn’t help but have…., like a snake upon its dead prey, I slowly creped on Ruth and took advantage of her vulnerability. I slowly kissed every part of her body from her eyes down to her nose, lips, ears, arms, nipples, and navel, ‘soft-spot’, thighs and to her toes. I could feel the adrenaline as it bubbles inside of me as I rubbed my palms all over her light smooth skin as I kissed along. As one of my palms found its way to the soft spot between her thighs, Ruth let out a soft moan and stiffed her body for awhile before totally withdrawing back to her unconscious state. I pulled off every fabric on me and mounted back on sleepy Ruth, slowly I gave her ‘a head’ and kissed every part of her body ones again.

“What you are about to do is evil….stop it!” a voice inside of me gently whispered

“It’s now or never, you can have her just for the nigh, she is yours for the taken…, do it” another voice cropped in to whisper

“Your action right now might mar your future…stop it!” the first voice warned

“This is the perfect moment for great pleasure; she will surely wake-up to appreciate it…, do it” the second voice persuaded.

“You can either ‘stop it’ or ‘do it’…, it’s your choice” my conscience whispered conclusively.

“Gush!!..... Who the hell are these guys?” I angrily thought aloud.

Re: Forty-nine Shades Of Me. by ghostwritter(m): 12:53pm On Dec 06, 2015
before u all start judging me for molestation....oyà wait.....it's all fiction and I'm here to entertain myself also with my own kind of story.
I was so inspired to write dis story of mine after watching '50 SHADES OF GREY' which never had a good finishing (for me shaa).so I felt I could do better with its Nigeria version.
So whatever you read here is just me trying to do what I do when I'm less busy.
please, you are all free to let me know how it's going down, criticism is allow. [I'm still a learner, I neva even start]™

2 Likes

Re: Forty-nine Shades Of Me. by MerryMe1(f): 4:58pm On Dec 06, 2015
UPDATE: OPENING DATE: 1ST DECEMBER 2015.
DEADLINE: 5th FEBRUARY 2016
ABOUT NAWOT:
The Nelson Adeyeye Writers Of Today(NAWOT) is an online competition that is organized by Sandra Adeyeye C.E.O of Eminent Creators in honor of her late father Mr. Nelson Adeyeye as a way to encourage the writing and reading culture of the Nigerian youth.
This competition promises to be an exciting and uplifting showcase of well-laid out Prose that promotes creativity at it's peak.
AWARDS:
There shall be a selection of the best twenty stories by our judges. These shall make up our anthology other prizes to be won include but are not restricted to:
Best writer Romance Category - 15,000
Best writer Science Fiction and Fantasy Category - 15,000
Best writer Mystery and Horror Category - 15,000
Best writer Action and Thriller Category - 15,000
Other consolation prizes, a copy of the anthology and other books shall follow.
RULES AND REGULATION:
In order to be eligible, participants are to note the following guidelines as regards submission of entries.
1) Participant must be a Nigerian youth between the ages of 16 - 30 years.
2) Participant must send a mail containing a black and white passport photograph, age, sex, phone numbers, email and facebook i.d in a separate mail from the mail bearing his entry.
3) Entry to be submitted must be Prose, original work of participant and must be an unpublished work, not submitted for any publication during the period of this competition.
NOTE: entry should not bear author's name on it. Just the title and the word count.
4) Entry must be between a 1,500 (minimum) - 2,500 (maximum) word count. Entries must be complete, concise and bear a comprehensive plot, i.e a beginning, middle and an end (no season). Entry font should be Arial size 12 and double spaced.
NOTE: subject of mail should signify what category the author is entering his story. No entries in PDF format will be accepted.
5) Participants can compete in four categories during this competition. I.e every writer is entitled to four entries per competition. Science fiction/fantasy category, mystery/horror category, action/thriller category and romance category.
NOTE: each entry attracts a fee of #1,000.
6) Every entry must have an attachment of the scanned bank draft which has the title of the submission boldly written on it.
Account name: Eminent Creators
Account number: 0201029142
Bank: Gtbank.
7) Every entry must be in English language, with minimal usage of vernacular; and if unavoidably used, must be explained as a footnote for better understanding.
cool All entries must be submitted to nelsonadeyeyewritersoftoday@gmail.com on or before 5 February 2016 (late entries will attract an extra fee of 500). Date for the prize-giving ceremony shall be communicated to participants via mail.
MODE OF SELECTION:
Participants will have excerpts from their stories displayed on our blog and Facebook page for voting by our public audience within a span of two weeks. Excerpts with the highest votes/comments within that period shall scale through to the next stage of selection.
Final announcement of the winners shall be left to the jurisdiction of the competition's in-house judges whose decisions shall be Binding and Final.
Finally: Writers retain the rights to the stories they submit for the NAWOT competition. The twenty winning stories are published as an anthology and open for purchase after the launching. After that, the winning authors are free to publish anywhere, as long as due credit is given to the NAWOT competition and/or Eminent Creators. Eminent Creators staff and NAWOT team members are not eligible to participate in the competition.
Good luck.

Signed:
Hillary Zita Successa
For the competition department.
Re: Forty-nine Shades Of Me. by Deluxewize(m): 6:11pm On Dec 06, 2015
I sense you about to acquire the capital HIV.
Re: Forty-nine Shades Of Me. by OloriAbefe(f): 8:06pm On Dec 06, 2015
Deluxewize:

seconded.
Re: Forty-nine Shades Of Me. by OloriAbefe(f): 8:10pm On Dec 06, 2015
I'll keep asking for more....ghost writer ll kip updating and I'll never be satisfied until its finished.
Re: Forty-nine Shades Of Me. by ghostwritter(m): 5:24pm On Dec 07, 2015
Deluxewize:
U be winsh?
Re: Forty-nine Shades Of Me. by ghostwritter(m): 5:39pm On Dec 07, 2015
I opened my eyes to the ray of the morning sun which found its way through the opening in the windows; I stretched my body as I yearned heavily trying to familiarize myself to the awakening.

“Did you do it?” a stern voice asked from beside me.

I quickly turned to face the other side of the bed and was beyond shocked to see a fully unclothed image of a female figure standing upright with all her beautiful body features revealed under the illumination of the morning sun ray. If not for the absence of large feathered wings, I would have thought the image to be a heaven angel. As I realized who it was, I couldn’t bring myself to look straight into her eyes as I could see the pain and disappointment in it. I was overshadowed by shame and regret for my action the night before that I couldn’t bring myself to look into her tearful eyes.

“Did you do it?” in a stern voice she asked again.

“Ruth I am sorry…” I started “I so sorry for my actions, I wish I had controlled myself last night, I don’t know what came over me last night, I wish I could take it all back…please forgive me” I pleaded with a heavy heart as I kept my eyes away from her direction. The atmosphere was awkwardly tensed and uncomfortable for me as I felt like the worst betrayer in the history of mankind.

I felt I deserve whatever consequence that comes out of my last night action because I was in every way ‘guilty as charged’. Last night I had disobeyed every word of humanity in me and went on to fulfill my long lustful desire in the expense of Ruth’s unconsciousness by having carnal knowledge of her which resulted to her being deflowered.

“Did you use protection?” she asked curiously

“Ruth I’m so sorry, I know I have….” I try to explain

“Did you use protection? Answer me!” she snapped loudly.

“No…no…can’t remember using any” I fumbled with words

“Oh my God!...Oh God!!, what have you done, why have you done this to me?” she suddenly cried out with tears flowing freely from her eyes and acted so terrified.

“It’s okay, I’m clean. We could go for a check-up in the day if you like” I try assuring her.

“It’s not about you Abdul, it’s about me”

“What do you mean?” I asked intensely as I try make sense from her statement

“I am sorry Abdul, I should have told you long ago” she spoke revealingly in a quiet tone.

“Told me that what?” I asked curiously as I was fighting hard not to belief what I was trying hard not to belief.

“My story” she simply said

“What story?”

Ruth quietly sat unclad on the bed; she looked lost into her distance like she had been hypnotized, her mood appeared more sorrowful which in turn intensified the already negative energy in the room. I inturn was ready to pay more attention to what ever detail she was about to spill for it would determine a lot on my future.

“I can’t tell for sure how I got to know about it but I felt I was born knowing it. I was born a very sick child who lived in incubator for a week or two and was fed from a tube. I was also adopted and as a child, I heard lots of stories about my real mother and the family which I wish I could meet to get more undiscovered answered.

I was told that my mother was a sexx-worker and drug addict and while pregnant with me she abused lot of drugs. I was told that while I was so sick, my biological mother will call and ask “Is she dead yet” and my adopted mother said she will angrily hang up the phone.

As a child, I never know why I was persuaded to take so much medication at that time, so at some point I stopped taking them and throwing them away but my adopted mother got wind of it and gave me a thorough explanation to my strange illness and that was an eye opener for me ever since” Ruth sadly narrated.

“And what is this illness?” I skeptically asked wishing that all I just heard Ruth narrate would be a lie.

“HIV!!”

1 Like

Re: Forty-nine Shades Of Me. by ghostwritter(m): 4:00pm On Dec 16, 2015
A week later, I had turned shadow of myself as the emotional torture took its toll on me; I was indoor for days thinking of what will become of my new life. Ruth’s words kept echoing in my ears, but i never wanted to admit it genuineness. I just sat all alone in my room and pray she walks back in to tell me it was all lies. The fear was gradually eating me up and the fear was weighing me down. Once in awhile when I try make phone calls to Ruth, she never picks up or switched of, I got report she never showed up in school either. I had seen missed calls and messages from my workers at the school who all wanted to know about my whereabouts and well fare. I couldn’t eat nor drink for I was filled with thought and made me weak and feverish. I often laid on my bed with heavy heart occupied with regret of my lustful action that night as the whole episode kept playing and re-playing itself in my head. I remembered how I had ignored the ‘good voice’ and had acted according to the ‘bad’, I remembered how I had thrusted part of me into her body that night like an angry Bull, I remembered the sensual and heavenly feeling that bobbled down all through my body as I sexed her, I remembered how satisfied I was that night as I dismounted from her body after having my way with her, I remembered how…… Damn it!!, can’t believe I’m now a carrier of one of the world’s deadly virus.

What the hell have I gotten myself into?

What have I done to myself?

What have I done to myself, and all because of what?

I cried myself into sleep every night and woken by terrible nightmares. I realized I might be heading for a terrible trance if action aren’t taken, so I did.

My father once said a man is made up of the numbers of fears he conquers, that’s was why I decided I was gonna conquer my fear. After two weeks of my affair with Ruth, I made a drive to the hospital where I got tested and my fear was confirmed after my blood sample was tested, at first she try play the sympathy game but I wasn’t buying it and I knew where it’s all leading to. The female doctor seem so experienced in her job as she counseled me into believing I still have a longer and better life ahead of me saying that it was good for me to have come as early as possible in a stage where the virus could be checked, she said the virus was still in the acute stage and could be properly checked before it turns into clinical latency then finally a full blown AIDS, she made me feel like I was in a new world with a new beginning. She made me relate to her like a sister and told me that being a carrier of such virus isn’t the end of the world but it should be the beginning of a new one. We talked more like old friends after handing to me an antiretroviral therapy to be used frequently. I was so worried and scared knowing at that point that I had to start using drugs for my survival in life. I had heard and seen HIV patients use this things but it had never for once occurred to me that I might someday be that position….damn it!

“Can I ask you a personal question Mr. Abdul?” the doctor enquired as she was about to end her session with me

“No problem ma, you can go ahead”

“How were you infected sir?”

I sat still on that chair staring into her curious looking eyes, I just couldn’t utter the words as I tried to, I felt so terrified at the consequences of my words to her hearing, I remembered the whole episode in a flash and that got me remorseful. I gently stood up and walked out of her office without a word and as a changed man

What was she expecting from me?

The truth?

It’s not a story worth sharing at that point.

1 Like

Re: Forty-nine Shades Of Me. by kisscivic(m): 5:58pm On Dec 16, 2015
Very interesting story.
Re: Forty-nine Shades Of Me. by Gracie235: 8:09am On Dec 31, 2015
pls is dat d end of d story
Re: Forty-nine Shades Of Me. by ghostwritter(m): 5:44pm On Jan 11, 2016
Gracie235:
pls is dat d end of d story

No Ma, more to come.
Re: Forty-nine Shades Of Me. by ghostwritter(m): 6:36am On Mar 16, 2016
Two month had slowly and horribly passed and I had successfully pretended to every soul around that nothing had changed about me, I carried on with my regular day to day activities as recommended by my doctor, I was on every medication when necessary, ate a lot of healthy diets, did a lot of exercises and most importantly I avoided thinking about the past…..yes, the past.
The past was all behind me as I drive ahead into my future. At first I thought of Ruth but I soon found it necessary to forgot everything between the both of us. The school was doing well and the whole staff all had me to praise for it. My father came for a short stay to see how things had gone so far with the school and he wasn’t disappointed.
“Seem you are born for this, maybe you will help me manage the new business at Central London, I need your golden touch to it” Father had said with pride before he travelled back. Obviously, Management is one thing I’m born for but travelling outside the shores of my country isn’t. London is beautiful to my body but never to my spirit. There is always something missing inside of me when I am off the shore of my land. The weather makes me sick, the food brings no appetite, the faces looks all hostile, the environment isn’t so original. I have travelled to quite a lot of places and seen faces beyond my country and I say nothing beats it….Nigeria is made for Nigerians.
I was in my apartment on a Saturday withdrawn into my indoor lifestyle as I sat all alone on a sofa watching movies when all of a sudden, the house keeper informed me about a visitor willing to meet me.
“and who is that?”
“she talk sey her name na Ruth”
‘Ruth?’ I asked as my heart skipped a beat
“yes sir”
“Let her in”
“But sir, she say make you come meet her for outside”
I wasn’t surprised she could have said that, they say once beaten twice shy. I felt very happy and eager to go see Ruth but at the same time, I became scared of what her mission was and likewise what she would say to me again. I changed into something casual and dashed outside to go meet my visitor.
‘Hi’ was what I could say to Ruth whom obviously looked so disturbed, she wasn’t looking so attractive any more, she appeared unkept and stressed out.
“Hi” she simply replied carelessly trying hard to avoid catching my eyes.
“Nice to see you, where have you been”? I tried saying something as I watched her scrambling into her hand bag to bring out a neatly folded sheet of paper which she stretched fought towards me. I collected and slowly unfold the paper to read it content.
‘And what is the meaning of this, I don’t get it?’ I couldn’t help but ask after reading.
“Abdul it says I’m pregnant!” Ruth said in a broken voice.
“I know but how….i mean why is that my business?” I ignorantly asked
“But it’s for you sir”
“Me?” are you insane, what do you mean by….?” I was vexed
“It was that night sir, that night you slept with me” she explained in a tone of clarity
“and so?, it was ones and I remembered it also destroyed my life, now I hope you are happy? You succubus!” I shouted at her as I couldn’t believe I would be fathering an unwanted HIV infected child from an infected lady through whom I was a victim.
“Abdul please, help me. You are the only person I can run to….I beg you sir, my mummy will kill me if she is aware of this” she was already on her knees and her eyes flowing with tears, she was mindless of few passer-by who stole glances. I wasn’t comfortable with her actions, I ordered her to stand up but she insisted she was going to stay that way till I admit the pregnancy was mine.
I couldn’t take it anymore with her embarrassing attitude and the accusative tone, I threatened to call upon her the security guard to bundle her far away from the gate but she was adamant. After few minutes I was forced to make good use of my threat as I locked her out off the gate, as I walked back into the building, I could hear her pleading as she cried aloud.

1 Like

Re: Forty-nine Shades Of Me. by ghostwritter(m): 6:39am On Mar 16, 2016
A month pass so swiftly, I had buried myself into the affairs of the school that I almost forgot I was HIV positive. I avoided anything that would make me remember my unwanted condition and likewise Ruth. I slowly began to come out of my shell into the social world and by doing do, I made news friends, attended parties and night clubs, got involved in adventurous hobbies, took bold steps in the managerial decisions. All that was inspired from my fearful thought that I might not live long to do the things I had fantasized, I had once come home with a pretty young girl who had got a very big bosom behind her tiny waist, I staggered into my room as she held me firm by the alms. I felt so wasted that night for I had too much to consume but I still had my head with me. I couldn’t explain how I had dropped my guards in allowing a total strange girl walk me into my apartment. I had been very cautious of bringing a lady into my room ever since the unfortunate with Ruth, like they say…’Once bitten, twice shy’.
Before I could open my mouth in thanking her for helping me home, she flung me on my bed and started kissing my lips and unbuttoning my shirt at same time. I could feel the blood rushing into my head when I felt her hands grip on my manhood.
“Give it to me!” she whispered into my ear.
I looked into her eyes and realized she was young; a teen of about seventeen or there about who is endowed with a super gorgeous body whom I guess is in hurry to experience the adventure of life or maybe she wanted more from a good looking prey. I was so indecisive of what I wanted at that moment, a part of me wanted to Bleep her so hard while another part cautioned me in letting her go uninfected. Before I could say a word, this stranger of a girl suddenly lifted herself off me to pull away all fabrics on her body leaving only her purple colored pant on. I couldn’t believe my eyes as I saw an hour-glass body structure standing right in front of me, her boobs where so massive as it stood firm on her chocolate colored body. On my bed I laid staring at a beautiful body which was so tempting. I try hard to control the sexual urge that was slowly rising inside of me like a hurricane but the girl wasn’t helping, she climbed on me, she was either caressing sensitive parts of my body or whispering sensual words in a seductive tone. It was obvious she is sex starve and had taken my drunken state in following me home to quench it. Suddenly, I grabbed her two hands together like the little child she was and I was surprise not to see her blink for fear, I guessed she never thought of me a sought of evil minded.
“What’s your name?” I started with, trying to act fully conscious of my actions
She looked surprised at first but replied “Ones again my name is Cynthia”. I wanted to ask what she meant by ‘ones again’ but had to let it go as I remembered she was one of the girls introduced to me by a friend in the club that evening.
“Cynthia, I’m sorry I cannot give you what you want, I am…hmm..hnmm…”I try figure out what to say
“You are gay?” she simply asked looking stoned.
“No, not at all….just that I’m not in the mood”
“Liar, Not when those eyes are upon my body like that and your thing is like this” she pointer at my trouser zipper at her word ‘thing’.
It was now obvious to me that this girl is too expose for her age, fearless and ready to bit more than she can chew. I release her hands off my grabs and sat her up to kiss her, she kissed like a pro and that made me felt like a novice and truly I was. I observed Cynthia wasn’t comfortable with the prolonged kisses, she wanted sex in it raw form, she could see no reason why a young and vibrant guy like me was acting all wimpy. sad

1 Like

Re: Forty-nine Shades Of Me. by ghostwritter(m): 6:43am On Mar 16, 2016
Cynthia suddenly paused for a while, looked into my eyes like she had discovered something “Please don’t tell me you are HIV positive…or are you?” she asked looking stoned. She must have figured it all out going by my actions. All I could do was look back into her eyes and nod my head to affirm her fears. Like a cat on hot coal, she sprang off my body to quickly pick-up her cloths and shoe from the floor, I try to calm her down as she was dressing up, I try explain to her that we could use protection if she really still wants the sex but it all feel on deaf ears as she wore her shoes in hurry, picked up her bags from the bed and dashed out without a word like I was a sought of plague. I felt speechless and ashamed as the door banged in front of me. It then clearly dawn on me the stigma and pain most HIV victims do face in their day to day interaction with people who are ignorant of such pain they had caused. I sat there and realized how HIV victims are only been judged and looked upon by the virus inside of them and not by who they are through their actions or words, I sat there staring into the distance with a heart filled with pain and regret for that single act of sexual urge that had led me in my present predicament.

One month passed and I haven’t seen or heard from Ruth, I had woken up one morning feeling so moody, a very bad dream I had, couldn’t tell in details what had transpired in it but it wasn’t pleasant. I made my regular short morning prayer, quick exercise of thirty straight press-up and twenty sit-ups, brushed, shaved, bath, clothed myself with the best of suit on a pair of black leather cover shoe, had a cup of coffee along with two sliced bread, gulped down two tablets of the retro-viral drug, grabbed my brief case before heading down to my car, the driver who had been waiting ignited the engine and zoomed off to the office. All through the drive to the office, I try to recollect the shallow scenes of the dream I had the previous night, all I could merge out was the face of Ruth looking so terrified as she called out to me for help, she was standing rooted as rain poured heavily on her, I felt I couldn’t help her as I stood watching her from under a shade. The dream seems vivid but I felt it was just a dream.
The driver as usual maneuvered the car to it designated spot, as I came out, I was so surprised to see sizable numbers of the teaching and non-teaching staffs clustering together in groups all discussing. Of course, that was an unusual sight in a bright morning.
“Good morning sir!” everyone present chorused in unison.
“Good morning everyone…and why are you all still outside, is everything all right?” I asked looking curious at every one of them not failing to expect the possibility of a staff protest of a sought. Surprisingly, none of them could reply me at first, they stared at one another expectantly waiting for someone to bell the cat ….and yes, one of the school cleaners did by busting out into sudden flow of tears, another one followed suit by wailing.
“Sir, she is dead!…last night, they said she poisoned herself” the wailer said amidst tears.
“Who?” I simply asked, trying to suppress my fear within.
“RUTH!!” shocked (I couldn’t remember who said it but the voice still echos in my heart).

1 Like

Re: Forty-nine Shades Of Me. by ghostwritter(m): 7:04am On Mar 16, 2016
In no time, myself and some of the staffs were at the Holy Grill cemetery to say farewell . So many people were seen around and more trooping towards her grave where a christian cleric could be heard giving a mournful sermon about ‘life after death’, the cleric stressed the importance of good deeds while man is still alive and that redemption after death is impossible. I could hear people whisper of her humility and tenderness to life. If truly the dead can see from the spirit realm, I’m sure Ruth will be pleas with the number of people present to witness her farewell. In the midst of the sermon, I saw a handful of women trying to console an elder woman who was in a high state of grieve as she wails to the hearing of everyone present and repeatedly screaming the name ‘Ruth’, I guess she was Ruth’s adopted mother. They said Ruth had committed suicide by swallowing poisonous substance but the reason for such act was a mystery to all present as they all sympathized with her widowed mother. At an isolated part of the cemetery, I had go taken solace to grief all by myself, I was so sober, I cried loosely like a baby as I felt I was solely responsible for the death of an innocent girl, I felt I was the reason she died. Tears flowed freely from my eyes as I remembered the last time I saw her pleading to me in her tearful state, I regretfully remembered how I had pushed her away into a helpless word. I sadly walked back to go join the congregation as they mourned
“Our sister Miss Ruth Aina Odeolu has gone to rest in the bosom of the Lord, she will forever be remembered for her pureness of character and simplicity towards the way of life….aches to aches, dust to dust” the cleric pronounced in a note of finality as he was served a hip of sand which he poured on the wooden coffin by his side.
….. I watched as her remain was gradually lowered into mother-earth, I watched as friends and family all cried for her early demise, I watched as her mother poured a handful of the earth on the coffin, I watched as the presiding pastor gave his concluding sermon for the burial session, I watched as everyone regrettably turned their backs to go home. I stood still beside her grave, I never wanted to leave her there alone, I wish I could forever keep her company, I wish I had paid more attention to her while I could still be of help, I wish I hadn’t pushed her away when she needed a hug, I wish I was there by her side when she needed me most, I wish I was there for her when she needed someone to help share her problems with, I wish I was…… it’s too late for any amends, it’s far too late to bring her back to life. I stood by her grave hoping she could listen to my plea and forgive me for how stupid I was with my decisions which had led her to her death. I am all to blame; I am solely responsible for the death of the girl who was once the only light amongst my darkness.

“Are you Abdul”? I heard Ruth’s sought voice asked behind me. I was as frightened as I shivered, my heart skipped a beat and resumed in double succession. I turned to see fair complexioned young lady staring right in front of me, she was of same height and looking same age as Ruth but just that she wasn’t as beautiful as Ruth.
“I’m sorry if I had frightened you” she said looking apologetic as she noticed my state of shock
‘Of course you had….you don’t go sneaking around people in a cemetery’ I though aloud as I wore an unpleasant look
“Are you Abdul” she enquired again, but this time her voice was far different from Ruth. I sized her up with my eyes before nodding my head in affirmation. She was moderately dressed in an all black skirt and blouse just like everyone else who had come for Ruth’s funeral. She brought out a white envelope and stretched it towards me.
‘what is in it… by the way who are you?’ I finally found my voice
“My name is Hanna, a friend of Ruth, she made me promise I deliver it to you” she said shoving the envelope forward. I was surprise at hearing this, I felt guiltier of my negligence on Ruth’s affairs while she was alive, I wonder what she would have told her friends about me….more especially how I had taken advantage of her. I collected the envelope still trying to figure out how this Hannah was able to recognize me having never met before. Like she knew what I was thinking and what I intended asking next, she said “She talks a lot about you to me, describing and admiring your physic and attitude. She had once shown me your picture on her phone and that is why I had to make sure it was you she wanted me to give the letter to, I knew it was you the moment I saw you crying over there all alone” she pointed at the area I had isolated myself to be a while ago.
“….did she tell you why she committed suicide?” she suddenly chipped in looking curious at me with the hope of having me go through the sealed letter right in front of her.
“No, I’m sorry I don’t” was my reply. I casually thanked her for the delivery and walked pass her away from the weedy cemetery into a waiting car.

2 Likes

Re: Forty-nine Shades Of Me. by Missmossy(f): 8:33pm On Mar 16, 2016
Keep it coming,captivating.
Re: Forty-nine Shades Of Me. by ghostwritter(m): 8:20pm On Feb 12, 2017
Respect to you all,(a big fan of most of you), I'm about to continue with the second season of this particular write-up, I need your criticism (constructively) and most importantly I feel it is proper to give back something nice to a forum that had helped, helping and will keep helping develop my writing skills.
The second season FORTY-NINE SHADES BADDER will be coming-up shortly. Mind you, non of anything you read here is true, I only try to coin my own Naija version of FIFTY-SHADES DARKER. just enjoy....Gracias!!
seun
lalasticlala
Larrysun
Sade01
D9ty7
Harjibolar10
ruffhandu
Kingphilip
Hameenat94
Sexysapphire
Jennimma
Mariamferanmi
QueenTolpatx
zyzxx
sammyomotola,
calmdove
Rosytonia
skimpledawg
joliej
bolajJP007
MaBuk
YasirNasir
Missviva
Missmossy
debdave
tescoleps
hassan85
seunviju
tsodjete
Yinksaid
Cestmoi1
Stuff46
Whizbee
Nancydearie
Vijon
BashirAhmad1
snowangel4
Stonecoldcafe
fatalveli
Bblacky
teemanbastos
lenmafon
Thinezy
Boladex1
Amiablejudy
Plaitex
tfabu
Manuel180
gal10
telad
farheeda
MaBuk
estellar12
mohjisolah
Debbysky
booqee
fragilegal
Jayminna

and
aprilwise
IecheM
Dapo97
segzy17
sunshine26
Angelinastto
sunshine46
souloho19
Matrycx
dadebayo1
Evans407
Lovelyn
dingdang
ighodaovictor
Hawlahscho
Tinalex
wins18
timmyblast
dhamiylhola
devilmycry
akuracy
dredmatthew234
peacesamuel94
eunisam
Holytitus
zeeboss
sebastine1994
AlamienDagash
Nphzzycute
Ikdbabie
Rock01
Evans407
Davidhero
rachealfst
redon12
prinxxdave
talk2saintify
mercichoco
Folaoladapo
redon12
kajsa08
Okebarn
segzy17
Ikdbarbie
Nwiboko26
kevwe10
YINKS89
Debbiesmart
switplum
Odinz
oxysyntabel
mutalib24
Foladapo
Missmossy
gtin
Enigurl
muxyray
Hawlacho
Gabbyraze
devilmaycry

: waali( m ), Tygood ( m ), ifegold,
Nathalya (f ), kenchukscole ( m ), pelujam ( f ),
saraphina( f ), BrainArk ( m ), rafindo (m ), Lawlahdey
(f ), Olaide59 (f ), Lesky3 (m ), segsbenks (m ),
Nwiboko26 ( f ), Missmossy ( f ), sulpur( f ),
Toluwaferan( f ), mfujah ( m ), harameede99 ( f ),
rollytee ( f ), Bimcious (f ), ODUMAIYE ( f ), Johnsonibx
(m ), WiseFool2 ( m ), oyeleyeearl (m ), MoriYanu ( m ),
twinkiet (f ), oluwatooni , Hada2020 , dapollux ,
christnazirite (m ), xaviercasmir(m ), osho213 (m ),
marksburg , Missperfect28 (f ), baydok ,
abdulyaro66 ( m ), mykel09 ( m ), Quasarr ( f ),
happyjuliet(f ), CrownV12 (m ), omotijani007 ,
holuwajaytee (m ), cyndylove64 (f ), lilien001 (f ),
ezeonline2 (m ), pweetyz ( f ), majoie , missagbaa (f ),
Kimberlydavids (f ), sammyjay97 ,

1 Like

Re: Forty-nine Shades Of Me. by Gabbyraze(m): 10:43pm On Feb 12, 2017
ghostwritter:
Gabbyraze

Present sir
Re: Forty-nine Shades Of Me. by kajsa08: 6:44am On Feb 13, 2017
PRESENT!!! beautifully- put together- short-straight to the point story... cheesy more.
Re: Forty-nine Shades Of Me. by Missmossy(f): 2:11pm On Feb 13, 2017
Aww such a tragic loss. Bring it on cheesy such an enthralling piece.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Get My Article Published In A Nigerian Newspaper???? / One Night With A Billionaire Episode 1-26 Completed Story. / Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 191
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.