Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,448 members, 7,781,299 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:01 PM

Forty-nine Shades Of Me. - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Forty-nine Shades Of Me. (4743 Views)

Shades Of Lust / Million Shades Of Temi (short series) / The Shades Of Deception By Olarhtunji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forty-nine Shades Of Me. by AlamienDagash(m): 2:51pm On Feb 14, 2017
I'm here wit u homie. ah ain't goin anywhere till all diz finished
Re: Forty-nine Shades Of Me. by gtin(m): 3:08am On Feb 16, 2017
I dnt knw y i like coming late, bt am here all the same. Nice story so far
Re: Forty-nine Shades Of Me. by ghostwritter(m): 8:54pm On Feb 16, 2017
FORTY-NINE SHADES BADDER
A.K.A
THE ANONYMOUS[/color]
[color=#990000]“Blood, blood again all over my hands, I guess this time, I can say I am a monster”

It is almost a year now and I hadn’t forgiven my self for what had happened to Ruth, I need not be told that I was responsible for her death, I regretted every action I had taken which I had led to the poor girl’s painful demise, I wish I could turn back the hands of time to three hundred and sixty five days behind. Most night while asleep, I dream of Ruth, I some times hear her voice scream me to life. I feel she hunts me for my past actions; I do not blame her for I so much deserve it, I had molested her, pushed her, deceived her , ignored her and all that had led to her death. O! Lord please forgive me, I think I deserve a second chance.

Second chance indeed, Surprisingly second chance I was given, though that I had thought. I had prayed many nights and fasted through many days calling for God’s forgiveness. My prayer was answered when I woke up one morning and felts the sense of guilt for Ruth’s death vanished from my heart and a heavy budding of shame lifted off my chest. I felt free for the first time in almost a year. Guilt had previously had me imprisoned within its strong walls and that morning, I felt it fall like piles of standing cards blown by winds.

Beauty was everything that morning, as I had felt re-born and re-energized. I danced to my favorite music’s like a pro and surprised my self with great dance moves I thought I never had in me, I even did the moon-walk’ to Michael Jackson’s Billy jean and sang the lyrics to my favorite song ‘earned it’ by the weeknd. I felt a day couldn’t start better than this.

Within an hour, I was done. In my black colored fitted suit, black Stefano beamer shoe, Audemars piquet Royal Oak wrist-watch alongsidethe range rover sentinel ready in the garage. I was ready to go, to go to work, a place of work which had in the past months terrified me but now I’m free. Few minutes later I was in my office, all of the staffs are engaged in their various work but were surprise to see me in a more energized spirit that morning as I had complemented two of the staff’s on their outfit. They sure must have taken it for a flirt for how it went for they gushed.

While I was away for months off work, my father in one of his trip back to Nigeria had appointed a school administrator to replace me while I recovered from what he thought was depression due to too much work but he never knew it was the guilt of a poor and innocent girl that had weighed me down, he had me as the proprietor in his absence. I had never seen the new administrator since appointed, I had care less about the activities at work place but I was sure things will go fine without me.

I settled into my new office as the new proprietor and was still in the process of blending my self into the new status when I heard a knock on the door. “Come in” I instructed. The door slowly opened and followed were hand full of the teaching staffs led inside by the Mrs. Ofili the school secretary, she had deem it fit to come with some staffs to welcome me into my new proprietorship status. Mrs. Ofili who is also called mummy councilor had grown with the school ever since inception, she as an older person had seen the falls and rises of the organization and I had been made to respect her by my father.
“Sir, on behalf of all the staff, you are welcome back” she said
“Thank you so much ma and like wise I’m happy to see you all are still looking better even younger, the new school administrator must be an angle” I said as I was still flowing with the vibes inside of me.
“Yes sir, she is truly indeed an angle” one of the male staff said from behind.
“She? ” I was perplexed
“Yes sir” some one answered.
It then dawn on me that I had been long absent from ‘Greenland International School’. I felt like a stranger in my own world, I then remembered I never did a follow-up on who my father had appointed as the school administrator before he traveled back, I wasn’t into the school’s affairs for a long time.
“Wow! Then I’ve got a lot to catch-up with’ so where is she at the moment”? I asked looking around trying to catch a new face.
“She had gone to attend a meeting on behalf of the school; it’s a meeting between top private schools in the country and the ministry of education”. The principal Mr. Okon said.
“Okay, very good” I said feeling uninformed. I appreciated them all for coming I promise to check on them on their various work post.
While I was alone seated, I brought out from my pocket a small yellow colored plastic housing sizable numbers of retro-viral drugs; I gulped two tablets down my throat as recommended and after wants sighed heavily with a flash of the event that had led to it.

I had taken my time to stroll through the school; everything and everyone were at their places. Everyone was happy and that made me happy, everyone greeted as I passed through classes, offices, staff rooms and field. I was back inside my office going through the school website for latest updates; I needed to know what has happened while I was away. There I came across the profile of the new administrator.
“Anita palms…..29 years”. I started when I heard a soft knock to the door, “Come in” I instructed but the door was not opened, another knock was heard again, I instructed for who ever it was to come in. This time the door was opened and Mrs. Ofili quietly walked in again but this time, she was alone.
“Sir, the school administrator just called to say she might be coming back a bit later than expected saying that the meeting with the minister started late”.
“Okay no problem” I said. I expected her to leave but she stood still looking at me like she had seen something new. “Mrs. Ofili is there anything you want me know about?”.
“Sir you look different”
I almost jump off my seat on hearing that. “Now I’m exposed, my woes have finally shown itself, I knew someday the sign and symptoms will manifest to the full glance of everyone when the drugs won’t be able to hold me any longer. I knew it would come to this day”. All that I had thought within a flash. ready to hide my head in shame as I prepare to be consumedgradually by death in an ill heath form.
“Ehm…hmm…what… I mean what do you mean?” I blabbed in fear.
“I meant to say you’ve grown more….” She try thinking of a more suitable word to complete her statement with her eyeballs rolling upwards like options of words are all hanging somewhere above.
“Unwell?” I tried to help her out.
“Absolutely not”, in fact contrary to that sir, you look more mature and if I may say more handsome.
“Now that’s how to tease your boss” I thought as I hoped that her words were for real. “Thank you so much ma and I really appreciate how you guys had handled things in my absence, Once again thank you”
“If you ask me sir, I think miss. Anita deserves to be thanked for that, she dedicatedly improved the standard of the school….” Mrs. Ofili went ahead to tell of the great administrative actions made by Anita which had brought great improvement to the organization. “….just wish I had a daughter that smart” she concluded soberly. It then hit me that I had never seen or heard anything about Mrs. Ofili’s marital life or children. I need not ask, for at that moment I just don’t care.
“I will do just that, thank you” I said conclusively as she stood up and left the office.
I realized Anita Palms graduated as one of the best student in business administration and international studies from Concordia University Texas, a South-African born, three years administrative job experience also in Texas before coming to work in Nigeria. she had beaten over twenty other applicants to get the job. I nodded my head in admiration as I read through her data on the computer.

That evening, I drove through Parkview estate Ikoyi were I had been invited for an in-house birthday party of a mutual friend. I attended not for the fun of it but for it proposed uniqueness and most importantly the promise I had made to Alex who was a closer pal to the celebrant. Alex had called in the day insisting I come. On getting there, I could see that the party was characterized with style; it was an ‘All-white’ birthday party and also a ‘masked one’ for that. Everyone already had their face masked with the carved-out shape of various animals made of plastic apart from me; some had the dog face, the lion, cat, elephant, goat, giraffe et.c. I felt I had walked into an animal kingdom. The party was fully on while I got there as every animal-faced human danced loosely to the music playing and I had to quickly make a phone call to Alex letting him know I’m around.
“Wow, I almost gave up on you coming….common follow me, there is something special I want show you” Alex in is Monkey-face mask gestured that I follow him quickly, I sensed he was in the middle of something important while I had called, he appeared to be in a hurry, he gave me a glass half filled with liquor and also a mask which was a male wolf. I followed him as he walked away from the crowed into a reserved and quiet place, it was a corridor which had three rooms in front of it.
Re: Forty-nine Shades Of Me. by jey4all(m): 3:53pm On Feb 17, 2017
ghostwritter:

Thanks for the update. More please

FORTY-NINE SHADES BADDER
A.K.A
THE ANONYMOUS[/color]
[color=#990000]“Blood, blood again all over my hands, I guess this time, I can say I am a monster”

It is almost a year now and I hadn’t forgiven my self for what had happened to Ruth, I need not be told that I was responsible for her death, I regretted every action I had taken which I had led to the poor girl’s painful demise, I wish I could turn back the hands of time to three hundred and sixty five days behind. Most night while asleep, I dream of Ruth, I some times hear her voice scream me to life. I feel she hunts me for my past actions; I do not blame her for I so much deserve it, I had molested her, pushed her, deceived her , ignored her and all that had led to her death. O! Lord please forgive me, I think I deserve a second chance.
Second chance indeed, Surprisingly second chance I was given, though that I had thought. I had prayed many nights and fasted through many days calling for God’s forgiveness. My prayer was answered when I woke up one morning and felts the sense of guilt for Ruth’s death vanished from my heart and a heavy budding of shame lifted off my chest. I felt free for the first time in almost a year. Guilt had previously had me imprisoned within its strong walls and that morning, I felt it fall like piles of standing cards blown by winds.
Beauty was everything that morning, as I had felt re-born and re-energized. I danced to my favorite music’s like a pro and surprised my self with great dance moves I thought I never had in me, I even did the moon-walk’ to Michael Jackson’s Billy jean and sang the lyrics to my favorite song ‘earned it’ by the weeknd. I felt a day couldn’t start better than this.
Within an hour, I was done. In my black colored fitted suit, black Stefano beamer shoe, Audemars piquet Royal Oak wrist-watch alongsidethe range rover sentinel ready in the garage. I was ready to go, to go to work, a place of work which had in the past months terrified me but now I’m free. Few minutes later I was in my office, all of the staffs are engaged in their various work but were surprise to see me in a more energized spirit that morning as I had complemented two of the staff’s on their outfit. They sure must have taken it for a flirt for how it went for they gushed.
While I was away for months off work, my father in one of his trip back to Nigeria had appointed a school administrator to replace me while I recovered from what he thought was depression due to too much work but he never knew it was the guilt of a poor and innocent girl that had weighed me down, he had me as the proprietor in his absence. I had never seen the new administrator since appointed, I had care less about the activities at work place but I was sure things will go fine without me.
I settled into my new office as the new proprietor and was still in the process of blending my self into the new status when I heard a knock on the door. “Come in” I instructed. The door slowly opened and followed were hand full of the teaching staffs led inside by the Mrs. Ofili the school secretary, she had deem it fit to come with some staffs to welcome me into my new proprietorship status. Mrs. Ofili who is also called mummy councilor had grown with the school ever since inception, she as an older person had seen the falls and rises of the organization and I had been made to respect her by my father.
“Sir, on behalf of all the staff, you are welcome back” she said
“Thank you so much ma and like wise I’m happy to see you all are still looking better even younger, the new school administrator must be an angle” I said as I was still flowing with the vibes inside of me.
“Yes sir, she is truly indeed an angle” one of the male staff said from behind.
“She? ” I was perplexed
“Yes sir” some one answered.
It then dawn on me that I had been long absent from ‘Greenland International School’. I felt like a stranger in my own world, I then remembered I never did a follow-up on who my father had appointed as the school administrator before he traveled back, I wasn’t into the school’s affairs for a long time.
“Wow! Then I’ve got a lot to catch-up with’ so where is she at the moment”? I asked looking around trying to catch a new face.
“She had gone to attend a meeting on behalf of the school; it’s a meeting between top private schools in the country and the ministry of education”. The principal Mr. Okon said.
“Okay, very good” I said feeling uninformed. I appreciated them all for coming I promise to check on them on their various work post.
While I was alone seated, I brought out from my pocket a small yellow colored plastic housing sizable numbers of retro-viral drugs; I gulped two tablets down my throat as recommended and after wants sighed heavily with a flash of the event that had led to it.
I had taken my time to stroll through the school; everything and everyone were at their places. Everyone was happy and that made me happy, everyone greeted as I passed through classes, offices, staff rooms and field. I was back inside my office going through the school website for latest updates; I needed to know what has happened while I was away. There I came across the profile of the new administrator.
“Anita palms…..29 years”. I started when I heard a soft knock to the door, “Come in” I instructed but the door was not opened, another knock was heard again, I instructed for who ever it was to come in. This time the door was opened and Mrs. Ofili quietly walked in again but this time, she was alone.
“Sir, the school administrator just called to say she might be coming back a bit later than expected saying that the meeting with the minister started late”.
“Okay no problem” I said. I expected her to leave but she stood still looking at me like she had seen something new. “Mrs. Ofili is there anything you want me know about?”.
“Sir you look different”
I almost jump off my seat on hearing that. “Now I’m exposed, my woes have finally shown itself, I knew someday the sign and symptoms will manifest to the full glance of everyone when the drugs won’t be able to hold me any longer. I knew it would come to this day”. All that I had thought within a flash. ready to hide my head in shame as I prepare to be consumedgradually by death in an ill heath form.
“Ehm…hmm…what… I mean what do you mean?” I blabbed in fear.
“I meant to say you’ve grown more….” She try thinking of a more suitable word to complete her statement with her eyeballs rolling upwards like options of words are all hanging somewhere above.
“Unwell?” I tried to help her out.
“Absolutely not”, in fact contrary to that sir, you look more mature and if I may say more handsome.
“Now that’s how to tease your boss” I thought as I hoped that her words were for real. “Thank you so much ma and I really appreciate how you guys had handled things in my absence, Once again thank you”
“If you ask me sir, I think miss. Anita deserves to be thanked for that, she dedicatedly improved the standard of the school….” Mrs. Ofili went ahead to tell of the great administrative actions made by Anita which had brought great improvement to the organization. “….just wish I had a daughter that smart” she concluded soberly. It then hit me that I had never seen or heard anything about Mrs. Ofili’s marital life or children. I need not ask, for at that moment I just don’t care.
“I will do just that, thank you” I said conclusively as she stood up and left the office.
I realized Anita Palms graduated as one of the best student in business administration and international studies from Concordia University Texas, a South-African born, three years administrative job experience also in Texas before coming to work in Nigeria. she had beaten over twenty other applicants to get the job. I nodded my head in admiration as I read through her data on the computer.
That evening, I drove through Parkview estate Ikoyi were I had been invited for an in-house birthday party of a mutual friend. I attended not for the fun of it but for it proposed uniqueness and most importantly the promise I had made to Alex who was a closer pal to the celebrant. Alex had called in the day insisting I come. On getting there, I could see that the party was characterized with style; it was an ‘All-white’ birthday party and also a ‘masked one’ for that. Everyone already had their face masked with the carved-out shape of various animals made of plastic apart from me; some had the dog face, the lion, cat, elephant, goat, giraffe et.c. I felt I had walked into an animal kingdom. The party was fully on while I got there as every animal-faced human danced loosely to the music playing and I had to quickly make a phone call to Alex letting him know I’m around.
“Wow, I almost gave up on you coming….common follow me, there is something special I want show you” Alex in is Monkey-face mask gestured that I follow him quickly, I sensed he was in the middle of something important while I had called, he appeared to be in a hurry, he gave me a glass half filled with liquor and also a mask which was a male wolf. I followed him as he walked away from the crowed into a reserved and quiet place, it was a corridor which had three rooms in front of it.

Re: Forty-nine Shades Of Me. by ChizzyMaris(f): 5:29pm On Feb 17, 2017
Interesting.
Re: Forty-nine Shades Of Me. by ghostwritter(m): 12:40pm On Feb 19, 2017
REMOVED
Re: Forty-nine Shades Of Me. by empress101(f): 4:33pm On Feb 19, 2017
cheesy thank God I found dis... following
Re: Forty-nine Shades Of Me. by YINKS89(m): 2:45pm On Feb 20, 2017
fanks for the mention i was actually banned by one mod like dat..... how i wish i know the mod i wan finish am.
Re: Forty-nine Shades Of Me. by gtin(m): 7:36pm On Feb 20, 2017
patiently waiting for more updates
Re: Forty-nine Shades Of Me. by ghostwritter(m): 9:35pm On Aug 21, 2017
HURRAY!!
Ghostwritter is a year plus... August22.
In full acknowledge of God's favour in my life all along, I am using this wonderful medium to say a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to myself. I wish myself good health in abundance of wealth by the special grace of God.
Guys, please show some love to a brother by dropping your well wishes, it will go a long way in making my day.
Re: Forty-nine Shades Of Me. by YINKS89(m): 11:57pm On Aug 21, 2017
ghostwritter:
HURRAY!!
Ghostwritter is a year plus... August22.
In full acknowledge of God's favour in my life all along, I am using this wonderful medium to say a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to myself. I wish myself good health in abundance of wealth by the special grace of God.
Guys, please show some love to a brother by dropping your well wishes, it will go a long way in making my day.
happy bufdae to u Bt we nid update

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Journey with The Supernatural/aliens / How Do I Get My Article Published In A Nigerian Newspaper???? / Story Of Ifon Orolu And Its Founder, Obalufon Ade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.