Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,151 members, 7,807,503 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... (35711 Views)

Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  / Reverend Father Escapes Death In A Terrible Accident Along Nneobi/Onitsha Road(p / "Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah"- A Rejoinder. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by Nobody: 8:47am On Aug 16, 2015
It is unfortunate that the APC fans have shifted their venom on the revered and respected Catholic Bishop of Sokoto Diocese Reverend Matthew Hassan-Kukah simply because this respected man aired a position as the Spokesperson of the Abdulsalam-led National Peace Committee. What is the offence of this noble man to warrant the blackmail and false accusation by APC... We all need to take an indepth review of the position of Kukah...

1. Investigation Should Be Done First
“There is no such thing as probe in a democratic setting like ours. What obtains is investigation, and once people lead and things are not right, investigation becomes necessary.
What Kukah was saying is that there should be investigation first! Investigation simply means approaching a matter with an open heart with the sole aim of establishing whether or not something has gone amiss. This is what is expected in a democracy

2. Probe Becomes Necessary After Investigation
“However, in doing that, we must never be distracted from the spectacular actions undertaken by former President Jonathan. He is an individual. I think this whole thing about probe can be ascertained once investigations are concluded.

You only probe after investigation has given a lead that an offence was committed. Probe is to unravel more facts that may be helpful during prosecution.

3. Speculations Are Unnecessary And Distraction
But we are saying that a lot of talks and speculation about this probe are the dis tractions nobody needs.
“So, the most important thing is that we need a stable country first, before we can talk about these things. And they will have happened down the line”

He was simply saying that rather than talking of probe by mere speculation he should do number 1 (above). It is a known fact that NOTHING will be established from any ACTION where the Investigator's sole aim is to see an accused guilty and not really to solve a problem.

4. "That Is The Expectation of Nigerians"
“I think that is what ordinary Nigerians are expecting, this is what they voted for. The truth of the matter is that time is not on our side. Our responsibility is to en courage politicians to do what they were elected to do,” the Catholic bishop said.
Firstly, you should investigate to ascertain whether or not something has gone amiss. Then you subject the indictees to probe (thorough investigation) to establish more fact and vital information that will help in prosecution. After these are done, you prosecute indictees using the established "fact" as evidence (along with witnesses) while the Judge pronounce guilt or otherwise of the accused.

Isn't this what ordinary Nigerians like some of us expect? Don't Kukah deserve commendation for speaking like a patriot and a democrat per excellence? Should we rather have Buhari continue with his everyday noise of probe? There is a process for everything!

Debunking Anti-Kukah Propaganda
I also want Nigerians to know that contrary to the lies peddled by a section of pro-APC media, Rev Kukah never asked President Buhari not to probe Jonathan, neither did he plead on behalf of Jonathan. In fact, he made it clear that the committee was never contacted by former President Jonathan. He was blunt when he said this some days back..

“Anybody is free to come to our committee, but President Jonathan never by telephone or by any other means sought to see the committee."
(PremiumTimes, Aug 12, 2015)
www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/188241-jonathan-did-not-lobby-our-committee-to-stop-buharis-probe-kukah.html

Another twist to this is that some people are accusing the man of building his house with Jonathan's billion. The funny thing about this propaganda is that they couldn't tell "HOW" it was possible for Kukah to 'eat the billions' considering that Kukah never held ANY political appointment under Jonathan. Are we now saying that a man of stature like Rev Kukah is unable to tell his congregation to build such "not so flashy" edifice? We all know how Christians donate their life savings for 'God's' project. So why should a whole Bishop of Catholic church's own be different?

Nigerians need to rise up for Reverend Hassan Kukah and defend our democracy. Today, it is Kukah, tomorrow it may be YOU!

May God Bless Us All

313 Likes 41 Shares

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 16, 2015
Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by ibe9ja: 8:49am On Aug 16, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by Nobody: 8:52am On Aug 16, 2015
And for those who are tarnishing people's image , and sentencing people without proven facts, when it's your turn to be lynched in the public without proven facts, may none speak for you.

Like you aptly said, " Today, it is Kukah. Tomorrow, it may be YOU!"

God bless you, barcanista!

195 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by Nobody: 8:53am On Aug 16, 2015
BARCA....we know the lying liars.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by UmuEri(m): 8:53am On Aug 16, 2015
Facts! Barcanista putting the records straight, since the time of Lugard!

130 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by coolitempa(f): 8:54am On Aug 16, 2015
Joblessness is for real....steewpeed thread...... cheesy

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by Nobody: 8:55am On Aug 16, 2015
I will like the people criticising Bishop Kukah to read his biography to know that this amiable man is in the same league with Bishop Desmond Tutu
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Hassan_Kukah

I'm suprised to read from that miserable perk ngeneukwuenu who dared to post false information about a Man that fought to bring democracy to this country. Ngeneukwuenu can read this also http://thenationonlineng.net/june-12-heroes-heroine-of-the-peoples-struggle/

I remember when the Oputa panel was constituted and this same Hassan Kukah was a member and they invited Buhari to it but PMB refused to attend it because of his ego.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/1668858.stm

If we don't stop this politics of destruction then there will be no Nigeria to live in soon

God will never forgive APC for this nonsense they are bringing into our polity

132 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by donholy28(m): 8:57am On Aug 16, 2015
But na d man cause am naw! Why he go put mouth for politics?

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 16, 2015
coolitempa:
Joblessness is for real....steewpeed thread...... cheesy
Please this thread is not for your type, kindly go and look for your igbo vs Yoruba and Biafra vs Nigeria thread where your kind hold sway.

Thanks

173 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by Nobody: 8:59am On Aug 16, 2015
God bless you Barcanista

God bless you Bishop Kukah terror of despots(if na lie go ask Abacha)

God bless you Nigeria!!

Nigeria shall be free

84 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 16, 2015
I've known Father Kukah right from his time at Catholic social centre kaduna and I will write more about him when I'm back from church

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by Nobody: 9:01am On Aug 16, 2015
*Every saint has a past and ever sinner has a future* Oscar Wilde

I laugh when we are making Buhari a new God but I know that after the merry making and dancing, celebrating our new found god that we will still be the one to bring it down and crush it because he is just a mere god.

@barcanista your analysis of this is so detailed and awesome

Cc Gaborone

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by Adeyinka12(m): 9:03am On Aug 16, 2015
Introvert don talk am ,your things always long

1 Like

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by Rilwayne001: 9:03am On Aug 16, 2015
[s]
barcanista:
It is unfortunate that the APC fans have shifted their venom on the revered and respected Catholic Bishop of Sokoto Diocese Reverend Matthew Hassan-Kukah simply because this respected man aired a position as the Spokesperson of the Abdulsalam-led National Peace Committee. What is the offence of this noble man to warrant the blackmail and false accusation by APC... We all need to take an indepth review of the position of Kukah...

1. Investigation Should Be Done First

What Kukah was saying is that there should be investigation first! Investigation simply means approaching a matter with an open heart with the sole aim of establishing whether or not something has gone amiss. This is what is expected in a democracy

2. Probe Becomes Necessary After Investigation

You only probe after investigation has given a lead that an offence was committed. Probe is to unravel more facts that may be helpful during prosecution.

3. Speculations Are Unnecessary And Distraction

He was simply saying that rather than talking of probe by mere speculation he should do number 1 (above). It is a known fact that NOTHING will be established from any ACTION where the Investigator's sole aim is to see an accused guilty and not really to solve a problem.

4. "That Is The Expectation of Nigerians"

Firstly, you should investigate to ascertain whether or not something has gone amiss. Then you subject the indictees to probe (thorough investigation) to establish more fact and vital information that will help in prosecution. After these are done, you prosecute indictees using the established "fact" as evidence (along with witnesses) while the Judge pronounce guilt or otherwise of the accused.

Isn't this what ordinary Nigerians like some of us expect? Don't Kukah deserve commendation for speaking like a patriot and a democrat per excellence? Should we rather have Buhari continue with his everyday noise of probe? There is a process for everything!

Debunking Anti-Kukah Propaganda
I also want Nigerians to know that contrary to the lies peddled by a section of pro-APC media, Rev Kukah never asked President Buhari not to probe Jonathan, neither did he plead on behalf of Jonathan. In fact, he made it clear that the committee was never contacted by former President Jonathan. He was blunt when he said this some days back..

“Anybody is free to come to our committee, but President Jonathan never by telephone or by any other means sought to see the committee."
(PremiumTimes, Aug 12, 2015)
www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/188241-jonathan-did-not-lobby-our-committee-to-stop-buharis-probe-kukah.html

Another twist to this is that some people are accusing the man of building his house with Jonathan's billion. The funny thing about this propaganda is that they couldn't tell "HOW" it was possible for Kukah to 'eat the billions' considering that Kukah never held ANY political appointment under Jonathan. Are we now saying that a man of stature like Rev Kukah is unable to tell his congregation to build such "not so flashy" edifice? We all know how Christians donate their life savings for 'God's' project. So why should a whole Bishop of Catholic church's own be different?

Nigerians need to rise up for Reverend Hassan Kukah and defend our democracy. Today, it is Kukah, tomorrow it may be YOU!

May God Bless Us All
[/s]
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2739269_clvrh3ow8aawwho_jpegb9410a887cc29efdba8c24c0caffdad6

193 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 16, 2015
The broom wielding demons and masturbators are jokers if they think they can tarnish the image of the respected man of God, who was one of the critics of the last administration and worked to ensure we had a peaceful transition.

It's unfortunate that we're dealing with extremists here who are intolerant of criticisms and see every criticism as declaration of war and every critic as an enemy. They should be allowed to wallow in their own stupidityy and shouldn't be dignified with any response

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by Saifullah01: 9:04am On Aug 16, 2015
I am a very good fan of rev kukah, but I think I m with apc on my this one. The fact that even buhari's supporters are claiming that he is slow in closing in on corruption should tell everyone that buhari is following due process and investigations. So on what basis r the fears of peace committee based?
Everyone expected buhari to seize passports of politicians, jail them and 'umaru-diko' the ones overseas back to Nigeria. But alas he didn't, and they are still complaining!
As we speak the best audit companies are auditing the government revenue and cost centers so what's the problem.
Or do they just wanna say buhari shouldn't touch the cuurupt?

99 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 16, 2015
Only a slowpoke who knows not knowe about the catholic religious vow of poverty would come out and pen such lies!!! NgweleUKWU that has a waist like lizard has succeeded in making a fool of herself and attracting further curses upon her already cursed existence

26 Likes

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by Nobody: 9:07am On Aug 16, 2015
The so called Peace Committee selected Bishop Kukah to deliver a difficult message because of his reputation as a clean and upright person. I wonder the response if Pastor Oritsejafor had delivered same message to Nigerians. I know that the Peace Committee is struggling to get Buhari to keep to the terms of Jonathan surrender agreement. But I somewhat disagree with Bishop Kukah and Barcanistar. I think that the probe; or investigation can run alongside governance. There's no distraction.

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 16, 2015
dearpreye:
And for those who are sentencing people without proven facts, when it's your turn to be lynched in the public without proven facts, may none speak for you.

God bless you, barcanista!
A typical APC is a lying liar. They lie to have their way and also lie to keep going. The funny and most pathetic twist in their lies is that they employ blackmail to shut-out whoever that is out to put them to order.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by chymystique(f): 9:09am On Aug 16, 2015
Those people that wrote that crap about Bishop Kukah are suffering from mental suffocation.... Most catholics knows that Bishops are very very wealthy, wealthier than Oyedepo and Adeboye combined! though the usually are on a low profile thats why its only deluded APC e-rats who cant even smell such amount of money and are jobless that are ranting.. They only want to tarnish his image because he spoke against their SNAIL Master and Party forgetting that this is democracy and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. IMO, Bishop Kukah aint wealthy, wait till you meet catholic bishops from the South... Investigating him is a waste of time and resources even Buhari knows that and if he want to investigate he should send EFCC to Pa Oritsejfor... This govt is SCAM and more like witch hunt than fighting corruption! APC should better remind their Snail navigator that he is yet to declare his assests as he promised.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by dayo23(f): 9:10am On Aug 16, 2015
You all trusting men of God? I dey laff ooo! Barcanista how much Rev Kukah pay u for all this cheap fake writeup? That Rev Kukah should rather focus on winning soul for God rather than involving in politics.

Beside he stole from Nigeria, so he is a thief! Only God can forgive him.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by smada13(m): 9:10am On Aug 16, 2015
Soliloquy...***does barcanista knows what he is saying***......

Has the present government started a probe according to what you postulated?

Do you think this government will go public with news without investigating?

For facts' sake, we have a military man and a lawyer in the helms of affairs and we all know their stand and disposition as to facts...except if we want to tell ourselves lies.....

sometimes I just stay off commenting on issues cuz of people like you that distort facts....

With all due respect to Rev. Kukah, he shouldn't be found saying things of such...he really is a disgrace to his members...that is if he is telling them the truth though.....

32 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by poshstore: 9:11am On Aug 16, 2015
Bishop Kukah should focus on winning souls for Christ.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by erunz(m): 9:11am On Aug 16, 2015
Nice write up by my leader here on Nairaland. So objective and straightforward. Well I remember after GEJ called Buhari to concede victory. Many APC e-touts and thugs said it was the hand work of Gen Abdulsallam, who we all know is a member of this commitee. If this same committee are now tell buhari to work the talk, and stop making noise abt probe and corruption. This is 5 months after election, the country is still on auto pilot. No direction we remain stagnant. And all we hear is probe! Probe! Probe! Can't this probe be done without noise. Bishop kukah has made his point and anyone not satisfied should go n die.

proud wailer and 5%

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by Nobody: 9:11am On Aug 16, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
I wonder how those people sleep at night. I expected more from them anyway because the lying liars(APC) are known for their devilish traits.

8 Likes

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by Nobody: 9:12am On Aug 16, 2015
1. I will pight kwurupshon and Fashola his bestman is involved in a 78million naira fraud yet no comment. Tinubu is shinning his brown teeth and Amaechi is busy doing agbero on the streets of PH with his wife.

2. I will make 1dollar=1naira yet dollar rigakwa na ahia while they are busy tracing stolen billions in Europe only on newspapers oo.

3. I will provide feeding for school children, umu ntakiri ekworo maka ya wubajuo na school yet ahunwekwe.

4. I will pay unemployed youths 5k every month, ma a ga promise ie enyim nwanyi blackberry phone, yet otu awu ezi.

APC is a scam and it's so unfortunate that Buhari, a man I respect for his integrity is mixed up in all these propaganda. angry

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by ZeezaRapture(m): 9:12am On Aug 16, 2015
Yet, another twisted reasoning and narrow mindedness displayed by your one and only jobless mofo, barcanistaangry

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by GspotAngela(f): 9:13am On Aug 16, 2015
chukwudi44:
Only a slowpoke who knows not knowe about the catholic religious vow of poverty would come out and pen such lies
.... But that doesnt stop Catholic Gay Bishops frrom shagging young boys

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by dejavski(m): 9:14am On Aug 16, 2015
I like that name "the lying liars"
That befits them grin

10 Likes

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by ZeezaRapture(m): 9:14am On Aug 16, 2015
ECOTERRORS:

cry me an oceanundecided

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

"I will tone down my criticism of Buhari because of Fashola" – Fayose (Video) / Governor Seyi Makinde And Adebo Ogundoyin, Speaker Of Oyo Pictured Together / Philip Shaibu's Campaign Vehicles Surface Online (Video, Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.