Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone (72664 Views)

7 Google Applications You Should Have On Your Android Device / List Out Your Ten(10) Most Used App And Why It's Special To You. / 5 Awesome Hidden Features In Your Android Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by guydangerous(m): 10:19am On Aug 16, 2015
Being an Android user for over a year now, I felt the need to make a list of applications you should never miss out on your new(or old) Android phone. My list includes the very apps that keeps my own Android phone rocking and rocking.

Z-Player

The best music player so far on Android. Plays mp3, aac, wav, ogg and other sound encodings. I love Z-player for the it’s simple, yet cool features that it offers. It automatically downloads lyrics,album arts, background picture for music files without any of these. Z-player can also play Videos and movies but I only love to use it for playing songs.
And oh, Z-player comes with headphone control &madsh; it stops playing once you unplug the headphones and starts playing when you swipe them in again — cool for saving you from embarrassment when that faulty headphone of yours mistakenly pulls out when you are in a public bus.

Mx Player

Another application for playing multimedia files. Mx player can play music files well but it’s main specialty is in playing videos and watching movies. This sick application can zoom videos, resume playback even after you switch off you phone. This app is truly a must-have.

X-plore

You definitely ought to have this File Manager on your Android phone if you need to actually take control of your files. This app let’s you move, copy, backup, edit, compress, unzip, files and folders on your Android phone. I am not a new user of X-plore, used it since the early days of smartphones on my old Symbian Nokia 6600 smiley
As far as am know, X-plore is the best file manager on mobile.

Opera Mini Browser

Seamless browser that lets you enjoy a really speedy browsing experience on your Android phone while saving you lots of data — as it receives WEB data in encrypted, compressed format. Opera Mini can also synchronize your bookmarks between devices too.

SwiftKey

Ever feel like typing away on your phone without any mistakes even though you are typing so fast and there should be typos all over your sentences?
Well, this app is for you. Swiftkey auto-corrects your silly typing mistakes as you type away so fast. It even guesses( correctly most times) the next word you are about to type and saves you time you could use for our next app.

Angry Birds

This is a game that has been dubbed “the second most popular thing that originated from Finland apart from Nokia”. Believe it or not, you need Angry Birds on your phone. Angry Birds is quite good for clearing your head when you are upset after reading that text from your friend. It’s also very good for passing time whenever you are super bored.

Google Voice

Sick application from Google that lets you “talk to your mobile”. Google voice helps you search for files, apps on your device, make Google searches, with just you talking to the your Android phone.

Maildroid

This app offers everything else your default Android e-mail viewer doesn’t, in a very cool way.

Dx or Du Battery Saver

The only thing this app does for me is to show my exact battery level — which is pretty much important for me.

Avast! Mobile Security

As you know Avast is good for securing your device from trojans, viruses and other threats. The Android version also comes with Firewall, very good for securing your browsing experience.

Source :http://somtoo.com/ten10-applications-you-must-have-on-android-smartphone/

22 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by izuch(m): 10:21am On Aug 16, 2015
I've got all of em nd I'm still not smiling to the bank undecided

Quick notice!!
Dear future wife...where r u oooo, am tired of waiting for you. I hereby issue u an ultimatum of 6 months starting today, the 16th of august 2015, afterwards, i wont be held liable for marrying the next available babe.....

40 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by kestolove95(m): 10:24am On Aug 16, 2015
U don disturb finish?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by Youngpo413: 10:24am On Aug 16, 2015
Please research on top 10 for windowsphone too.

2 Likes

Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by Youngpo413: 10:25am On Aug 16, 2015
It seems some people dey first comment without reading....I've learnt my lessons.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by ladyF(f): 10:26am On Aug 16, 2015
Never heard of the first 3. No vlc sef.

Why download angry birds when there's sudoku

It's [size=20pt]LadyF [/size] again grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by Lexusgs430: 10:36am On Aug 16, 2015
ladyF:
Never heard of the first 3. No vlc sef.

Why download angry birds when there's sudoku

Did you forget your its Lady F signature?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by guydangerous(m): 10:41am On Aug 16, 2015
Youngpo413:
i will try
Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by Youngpo413: 10:56am On Aug 16, 2015
guydangerous:
i will try
Thanks
Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by realtestament(m): 11:02am On Aug 16, 2015
Nigga ain't know Natin mehn!

Gerrarahia mehn sh*t angry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by Physika(f): 11:03am On Aug 16, 2015
Moboplayer and ucweb are beta media players compared to mxplayer.
Vlc got bugs.

Ttpod is nice with music, enable you to download lyrics.

Moonreader for all your boooks ebooks/epubs/txt.

X-plore, you should get this app cool best ever in its category.

Kama/3D wink

*Root the damn phone cool

-------- The Nos angry
*Du ba3 saver oh lord, this should not be here at all
*Swift key
*Anti wetin for android shocked abegi

*lemme stop here*
Other gurus add urs

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by Youpele52: 11:04am On Aug 16, 2015
The list is incomplete without flash share or xender and uc browser.. Just rewrite it.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by veekid(m): 11:11am On Aug 16, 2015
op, that's for your own opinion jor

1 Like

Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by ibkgab001: 11:11am On Aug 16, 2015
Temple run exception is incomplete

1 Like

Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 16, 2015
Youngpo413:
It seems some people dey first comment without reading.
I sell my windows phone because of app. Windows phones lack app and games

1 Like

Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by Gablo500(m): 11:13am On Aug 16, 2015
guydangerous:
Being an Android user for over a year now, I felt the need to make a list of applications you should never miss out on your new(or old) Android phone. My list includes the very apps that keeps my own Android phone rocking and rocking.

Z-Player

The best music player so far on Android. Plays mp3, aac, wav, ogg and other sound encodings. I love Z-player for the it’s simple, yet cool features that it offers. It automatically downloads lyrics,album arts, background picture for music files without any of these. Z-player can also play Videos and movies but I only love to use it for playing songs.
And oh, Z-player comes with headphone control &madsh; it stops playing once you unplug the headphones and starts playing when you swipe them in again — cool for saving you from embarrassment when that faulty headphone of yours mistakenly pulls out when you are in a public bus.

Mx Player

Another application for playing multimedia files. Mx player can play music files well but it’s main specialty is in playing videos and watching movies. This sick application can zoom videos, resume playback even after you switch off you phone. This app is truly a must-have.

X-plore

You definitely ought to have this File Manager on your Android phone if you need to actually take control of your files. This app let’s you move, copy, backup, edit, compress, unzip, files and folders on your Android phone. I am not a new user of X-plore, used it since the early days of smartphones on my old Symbian Nokia 6600 smiley
As far as am know, X-plore is the best file manager on mobile.

Opera Mini Browser

Seamless browser that lets you enjoy a really speedy browsing experience on your Android phone while saving you lots of data — as it receives WEB data in encrypted, compressed format. Opera Mini can also synchronize your bookmarks between devices too.

What abt bb users
SwiftKey

Ever feel like typing away on your phone without any mistakes even though you are typing so fast and there should be typos all over your sentences?
Well, this app is for you. Swiftkey auto-corrects your silly typing mistakes as you type away so fast. It even guesses( correctly most times) the next word you are about to type and saves you time you could use for our next app.

Angry Birds

This is a game that has been dubbed “the second most popular thing that originated from Finland apart from Nokia”. Believe it or not, you need Angry Birds on your phone. Angry Birds is quite good for clearing your head when you are upset after reading that text from your friend. It’s also very good for passing time whenever you are super bored.

Google Voice

Sick application from Google that lets you “talk to your mobile”. Google voice helps you search for files, apps on your device, make Google searches, with just you talking to the your Android phone.

Maildroid

This app offers everything else your default Android e-mail viewer doesn’t, in a very cool way.

Dx or Du Battery Saver

The only thing this app does for me is to show my exact battery level — which is pretty much important for me.

Avast! Mobile Security

As you know Avast is good for securing your device from trojans, viruses and other threats. The Android version also comes with Firewall, very good for securing your browsing experience.

Source :http://somtoo.com/ten10-applications-you-must-have-on-android-smartphone/
Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by barackosama(m): 11:13am On Aug 16, 2015
[size=20pt]@OP what happened to QURAN and BIBLE App?? [/size]

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by Houseofglam7(f): 11:13am On Aug 16, 2015
Issorait
Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by ednut1(m): 11:14am On Aug 16, 2015
temple run

2 Likes

Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by tspun(m): 11:15am On Aug 16, 2015
ok

1 Like

Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by foremanX: 11:16am On Aug 16, 2015
11. Foreman Contractors
You need us for your construction and engineering needs!

1 Like

Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 16, 2015
That joyful moment when u are served your favorite part of meat in a local buka.

1 Like

Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:18am On Aug 16, 2015
Flawed list
Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by OldGist(m): 11:18am On Aug 16, 2015
XNXX APP is a must too

1 Like

Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by EddyNumerouno(m): 11:18am On Aug 16, 2015
Mobile chess?

5 Likes

Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by majamajic(m): 11:20am On Aug 16, 2015
Where's Candy Crush Sega ?

3 Likes

Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 16, 2015
sonofananimal:
I sell my windows phone because of app. Windows phones lack app and games
I dash one selfish girl my own,WP na boring phone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by Lanretoye(m): 11:21am On Aug 16, 2015
poo!!!
Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by WhoDeyThere(m): 11:22am On Aug 16, 2015
G

1 Like

Re: Ten(10) Applications You Must Have On Your Android Smartphone by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 16, 2015
Youngpo413:

Don't worry Project Astoria is here for us as a Developer am both happy and scared about it. Google it

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tecno L3 Vs Tecno M3 / Real Truth About 08030004900 No. Killing People - Techredirector / MTN Nigeria Latest Internet Data Bundle With Upto 2.5GB Free Data -mymobnet.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.