Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,807 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

When Manslaughter Is Justifiable?? [GRAPHIC PICTURES] - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Manslaughter Is Justifiable?? [GRAPHIC PICTURES] (3403 Views)

Faith Healing Couple Will Go To Prison For Manslaughter Of Baby / Court Finally Docks Synagogue Church Trustees, Engineers For Manslaughter / Is This Catholic Defence Biblically Justifiable To Christians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Manslaughter Is Justifiable?? [GRAPHIC PICTURES] by Twaci(f): 12:30pm On Aug 16, 2015
Happy sunday people smiley.

So we are all aware that life is a precious gift from God and that we should value it no matter what. To show its utmost importance, the Bible has written in it more than 3 verses that shuns the taking of another's life.

So, manslaughter is wrong.

But then i am sure most of you have seen or heard about cases of deformity in new borns, we have for example the one that occurred recently in Aba, and have noticed the fact that these kids are seen as something gruesome....an abomination.

My question goes thus, would it be right for the parents of these children to give them a chance of living?

Or would it be a sin if the parents ask the doctor to end the child's life immediately?

Lets discuss.

CC: OAM4J
Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: When Manslaughter Is Justifiable?? [GRAPHIC PICTURES] by INTROVERT(f): 12:34pm On Aug 16, 2015
inyama lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: When Manslaughter Is Justifiable?? [GRAPHIC PICTURES] by micronut(m): 12:34pm On Aug 16, 2015
Extremely graphic! Runs out of thread..

Nothing to discuss madam, Only God has the final saying

Ire oooooooooo

2 Likes

Re: When Manslaughter Is Justifiable?? [GRAPHIC PICTURES] by Cutehector(m): 12:36pm On Aug 16, 2015
Its just d devil"s way of tryn to put two parents to the tempt.... I pray this doesn't come my way nor d op"s way.. Amen... Op pls, remove dis thing. Let people not say wat would be held against against them
Re: When Manslaughter Is Justifiable?? [GRAPHIC PICTURES] by may01(f): 12:37pm On Aug 16, 2015
Honestly, it depends on the parents and the percentage of the risk on the child's life. Children like this are stigmatised and abused especially in Africa.

It's quite easy to say you'll let the child go but then again, mothers are the only ones who know what pregnancy and childbirth entail.

In this case, it is justifiable.

I hope with my heart that this never happens to me and I pray that God gives families going through this more Grace.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Manslaughter Is Justifiable?? [GRAPHIC PICTURES] by izuch(m): 12:37pm On Aug 16, 2015
That's gross! I feel like puking undecided
Re: When Manslaughter Is Justifiable?? [GRAPHIC PICTURES] by Mynd44: 12:39pm On Aug 16, 2015
Cutehector:
Its just d devil"s way of tryn to put two parents to the tempt.... I pray this doesn't come my way nor d op"s way.. Amen... Op pls, remove dis thing. Let people not say wat would be held against against them
So the Devil mow give children right? You have seen too many Nollywood movies

1 Like

Re: When Manslaughter Is Justifiable?? [GRAPHIC PICTURES] by Mynd44: 12:44pm On Aug 16, 2015
@OP, while I cannot argue from a religious point of view, I can say that asking the doctor to terminate the life of a child is murder (not manslaughter) and is punishable by the laws of (unless I miss my guess) every country.

Heck from a Christian /Muslim point of view, if you kill any child born or not, you have committed murder.

On the other hand, sone religions don't see what is bad in killing babies they feel are a bad omen. Hell, until some decades ago, Twins are killed at birth in some parts of Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Manslaughter Is Justifiable?? [GRAPHIC PICTURES] by Cutehector(m): 12:45pm On Aug 16, 2015
Mynd44:

no no, u dnt understand... Wen things of this nature happens, u start gettn ideas., to kill d baby or not... And whom do u think these ideas are from? Ur guess is as good as mine... So my point is, let's not say wat will be held against us alright. I won't say further on dis issue.. Thanks.. Its too sensitive
Re: When Manslaughter Is Justifiable?? [GRAPHIC PICTURES] by abat4real37(f): 12:46pm On Aug 16, 2015
Cutehector:
. Why did you blame the devil for everything?
Re: When Manslaughter Is Justifiable?? [GRAPHIC PICTURES] by Mynd44: 12:47pm On Aug 16, 2015
Cutehector:
no no, u dnt understand... Wen things of this nature happens, u start gettn ideas., to kill d baby or not... And whom do u think these ideas are from? Ur guess is as good as mine... So my point is, let's not say wat will be held against us alright. I won't say further on dis issue.. Thanks.. Its too sensitive
I don't think it is a sin to think about things, it is certainly not a sin to talk about your fears as if you keep em inside they will only grow.

If you don't talk about things like this, how will you learn or grow spiritually?

1 Like

Re: When Manslaughter Is Justifiable?? [GRAPHIC PICTURES] by Twaci(f): 12:48pm On Aug 16, 2015
Mynd44:
@OP, while I cannot argue from a religious point of view, I can say that asking the doctor to terminate the life of a child is murder (not manslaughter) and is punishable by the laws of (unless I miss my guess) every country.

Heck from a Christian /Muslim point of view, if you kill any child born or not, you have committed murder.

On the other hand, sone religions don't see what is bad in killing babies they feel are a bad omen. Hell, until some decades ago, Twins are killed at birth in some parts of Nigeria
So would u rather their parents let them live?

1 Like

Re: When Manslaughter Is Justifiable?? [GRAPHIC PICTURES] by Twaci(f): 12:49pm On Aug 16, 2015
may01:
Honestly, it depends on the parents and the percentage of the risk on the child's life. Children like this are stigmatised and abused especially in Africa.

It's quite easy to say you'll let the child go but then again, mothers are the only ones who know what pregnancy and childbirth entail.

I hope with my heart that this never happens to me and I pray that God gives families going through this more Grace.
Amen dear.
Re: When Manslaughter Is Justifiable?? [GRAPHIC PICTURES] by Mynd44: 12:49pm On Aug 16, 2015
may01:

It is murder
Re: When Manslaughter Is Justifiable?? [GRAPHIC PICTURES] by Twaci(f): 12:51pm On Aug 16, 2015
Cutehector:
Ok, dont see it from the parents viewpoint....

Say u are the doctor in charge, would u advice its parents to kill it?
Re: When Manslaughter Is Justifiable?? [GRAPHIC PICTURES] by Cutehector(m): 12:52pm On Aug 16, 2015
Mynd44:

I don't think it is a sin to think about things, it is certainly not a sin to talk about your fears as if you keep em inside they will only grow.

If you don't talk about things like this, how will you learn or grow spiritually?
I hav more important fears to worry abt.. Hell, death, etc... Not malformed babies. Do u even knw if I would marry or not?
Re: When Manslaughter Is Justifiable?? [GRAPHIC PICTURES] by Mynd44: 12:56pm On Aug 16, 2015
Twaci:
So would u rather their parents let them live?
That question can only be answered by looking at the laws of the land.
Re: When Manslaughter Is Justifiable?? [GRAPHIC PICTURES] by Mynd44: 12:56pm On Aug 16, 2015
Cutehector:
I hav more important fears to worry abt.. Hell, death, etc... Not malformed babies. Do u even knw if I would marry or not?
And you have to be married to have kids?
Re: When Manslaughter Is Justifiable?? [GRAPHIC PICTURES] by Cutehector(m): 1:00pm On Aug 16, 2015
Twaci:

no... I won't because one of d doctor's oath he took is to not use his profession to terminate lives and if found guilty can lose his or her license.. So this decision still boils down to d parents... Dats why I was sayn l dnt wish to pray for such to happen... Dats why u see in cases whr if someone is in coma, they keep d person unda oxygen support until d parents gv dr consent for it to be pulled out...

1 Like

Re: When Manslaughter Is Justifiable?? [GRAPHIC PICTURES] by Cutehector(m): 1:03pm On Aug 16, 2015
Mynd44:

And you have to be married to have kids?
yes I have to be married to have kids! Not out of wedlock ! Nw if u will excuse me, am not replyn any of ur trick questions.. Thanks
Re: When Manslaughter Is Justifiable?? [GRAPHIC PICTURES] by agarawu23(m): 1:15pm On Aug 16, 2015
Cutehector:
only in Nigeria we blame devil for things we caused with our own hand. the devil isn't to blame on the issue on ground.

back to topic

The parents do not have any other choice than to take the baby and accept their fate. killing the baby is a sin but Nigeria is now so cruel where ppl don't value life's.

That baby you aborted/kill will wait you in heaven on the judgement day and ask you the reason why you killed him/her.

The baby is here already so therefore they must be given the chance to live too

twaci, are you not aware of "ide" the twins in Yoruba movie. assuming their parents killed them then, they won't be great and proud of them today.

THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE
Re: When Manslaughter Is Justifiable?? [GRAPHIC PICTURES] by Cutehector(m): 1:21pm On Aug 16, 2015
agarawu23:
only in Nigeria we blame devil for things we caused with our own hand. the devil isn't to blame on the issue on ground.

back to topic

The parents do not have any other choice than to take the baby and accept their fate. killing the baby is a sin but Nigeria is now so cruel where ppl don't value life's.

That baby you aborted/kill will wait you in heaven on the judgement day and ask you the reason why you killed him/her.

The baby is here already so therefore they must be given the chance to live too

twaci, are you not aware of "ide" the twins in Yoruba movie. assuming their parents killed them then, they won't be great and proud of them today.

THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE
agarawu first of all try to understand a comment before replyn... We are on d same page here...no one is to be blamed for our actions, not even d devil himself. Afterall, God ddnt punish d serpent alone wen eve made a choice... All wat I was sayn is dat these evil thoughts come from d evil one. And its man"s choice to either act on it or not.. If u do a good thing, people will praise u isn't it, buh iv u do a bad thing, won't people mock u.. Dats just d tin.. We r on d same page brother
Re: When Manslaughter Is Justifiable?? [GRAPHIC PICTURES] by may01(f): 2:49pm On Aug 16, 2015
Mynd44:

It is murder
It might feel so, but one needs to consider the risk and pains involved. I'm a believer, I believe in miracles.

But truth be told, this is a terrible thing to go through...the ridicule, shame and all that
Re: When Manslaughter Is Justifiable?? [GRAPHIC PICTURES] by jackpot(f): 4:52pm On Aug 16, 2015
Twaci:

i found this offensive.
Re: When Manslaughter Is Justifiable?? [GRAPHIC PICTURES] by jackpot(f): 4:56pm On Aug 16, 2015
may01:

It might feel so, but one needs to consider the risk and pains involved. I'm a believer, I believe in miracles.

But truth be told, this is a terrible thing to go through...the ridicule, shame and all that
agreed.

[s]Such things might be product of drugs taken to abort the baby's life before deciding to keep the pregnancy.[/s]

This is quite sad.
Re: When Manslaughter Is Justifiable?? [GRAPHIC PICTURES] by Mznaett: 9:26pm On Aug 16, 2015
Jeez! I lack words to contribute to this topic
Re: When Manslaughter Is Justifiable?? [GRAPHIC PICTURES] by Twaci(f): 7:26pm On Aug 17, 2015
jackpot:
i found this offensive.
Sorry dear but 'it' is also used for a child whose se.x is not determined.

I am sorry if it sounded like an insult.
Re: When Manslaughter Is Justifiable?? [GRAPHIC PICTURES] by kliq(m): 7:46pm On Aug 17, 2015
Twaci:
Sorry dear but 'it' is also used for a child whose se.x is not determined.

I am sorry if it sounded like an insult.

Edit "it" smiley
Re: When Manslaughter Is Justifiable?? [GRAPHIC PICTURES] by gatiano(m): 8:06pm On Aug 17, 2015
Yes, the devils did give those new born babies. It involves a long term process to give birth to such babies with such defects. Then, you must identify who the devils are. Yes the devils did it aiding the devils are the ignorant people.

Mynd44:

Re: When Manslaughter Is Justifiable?? [GRAPHIC PICTURES] by kevoh(m): 8:33pm On Aug 17, 2015
All of a sudden, the supposed omniscient omnipotent one touted to be perfect in all his creation is now relegated to the side and credit for these babies is now given to the devil instead. undecided In PEJ's voice ''continu' with the deception. Like McDonald's : I'm loving it... No further comment.
Re: When Manslaughter Is Justifiable?? [GRAPHIC PICTURES] by Macmilla(m): 9:29pm On Aug 19, 2015
I bet no one here knows what it feels like to have, these kind of babies. If that is a fact, which I know it is, then no one here has anything significant to contribute. It boils to the same old pro-life/pro-choice debate which has never been settled for ages. Not until I've been in that position, u can never be sure of what ur decision will be.
Re: When Manslaughter Is Justifiable?? [GRAPHIC PICTURES] by gatiano(m): 7:47pm On Aug 20, 2015
You just need to Identify GOD, and identify the devil. God is Man/Woman. devil too is man/woman. Don't get me wrong, I am not talking any juju things here, These are pure sciences, using chemistry and biology and a lot of tricknology which is a science too.

Those babies didn't just happen, they are a result of the longtime lifestyle of the parents. I'm not talking holy things or sins here. It is a matter of ignorance on the part of the parents/all Black people unknowingly to Us or the parents.

kevoh:
All of a sudden, the supposed omniscient omnipotent one touted to be perfect in all his creation is now relegated to the side and credit for these babies is now given to the devil instead. undecided In PEJ's voice ''continu' with the deception. Like McDonald's : I'm loving it... No further comment.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pope Francis Agrees With Bigbang and Evolution Story / Who Is The True Father Of Joseph? The Husband Of Mary? / FATHER OF TERRORIST : Adolf Hitler Is A Catholic Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.