Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,788 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home (47516 Views)

Masters Or Stay On Job? / NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff / NNPC Retires 1000 Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by PecE2Make: 4:11pm On Aug 16, 2015
Assuming there is a "go slow" on their way to work who will they blame"?
Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by Miranda11: 4:15pm On Aug 16, 2015
Winning123:

Agree with you. Not sure this woman is a professional HR person. This order can be counter productive. Somebody needs to tell her that employees must be respected and treated with decorum. What matters is delivering on set KPIs not sending childish memo

This is where ur getting it wrong.
There is nothing disrespectful in telling employees to come to work early. Staff in NNPC are known to resume sometimes as late as 10.30/11 am and leave b4 4pm, how then do we all expect NNPC to be profitable and the staff to be productive when the staff are not punctual and their attitude towards work is poor. If putting in the required work hrs is too much 4 dem den they shld resign n employ pple who are willing to work as there are thousands lookin 4 jobs.

Besides repeated circulars have been sent to staff warning them on lateness and poor attitude towards work, so management have been left with no choice than to clamp down on dem.

And for ur insistence on delivering on KPI's, punctuality and time keeping is key to this in any organisation or company. Ask ur HR manager.

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by shobroy10(m): 4:16pm On Aug 16, 2015
Touchforfree:

Can you be resuming @ 4 : 30a.m, if so pls call NNPC GMD on 080330017xx for instant employment as there are defaulters already.

What are friends for ?.

grin

grin

grin

Addendum : U can permutate d last 2 digits.
hhahahahahahahaah u go blame me na naija na i go resume 3:30am
Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by Freksy(m): 4:17pm On Aug 16, 2015
shobroy10:
God will not allow them to resume on time oooooooooo we are many that are looking for job

If God answers this kind prayer, then, He won't allow you to also resume on time so as to give way for others after you.
Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by lordmassac(m): 4:29pm On Aug 16, 2015
ladyF:
Chai. But why treat them like primary school pupils. They just need access control where staff will clock in with their id cards, erring staff can then be sanctioned. This isn't the way forward.

Hehehe It's [size=20pt]LadyF [/size] again grin grin grin

Because you have never seen where staffs decide to render the clocking in device non functional
Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:35pm On Aug 16, 2015
Kzinne:
u are a big puunkas. how can thr economy grow when millions are queuing over one job? instead of young that the nation becomes industrialised so that rather than young people queue over jobs, companies would queue and beg young people to work for them

Ur breadwinner de work for nnpc? grin
Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by Adesiji77: 4:35pm On Aug 16, 2015
grin grin
Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by shobroy10(m): 4:39pm On Aug 16, 2015
Freksy:

If God answers this kind prayer, then, He won't allow you to also resume on time so as to give way for others after you.
bros pls no vex na joke but me go dey sleep for office
Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by olayinkaj2(m): 4:42pm On Aug 16, 2015
Change everywhere, no more resuming at the time that pleases them.
Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by moshino(m): 5:00pm On Aug 16, 2015
ladyF:
Chai. But why treat them like primary school pupils. They just need access control where staff will clock in with their id cards, erring staff can then be sanctioned. This isn't the way forward.

What are you talking about. A 'Memo' is an official avenue for a corporate entity to communicate important info to staff.
Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by Abeyjide: 5:03pm On Aug 16, 2015
i spent noting less than 2minitute @ filling station and i bought fuel @ #87 per liter since january for d first tym.truely there is change.
Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by creekman(m): 5:19pm On Aug 16, 2015
Mynd44:

I can always give my friend my ID card to clock for me. This memo tells then to be at their desks meaning they are not asking you to get to work but at at your designated post and start working

Gbaam. ...on point.
Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 16, 2015
ladyF:

I ALWAYS WONDER WHAT VALUE THOSE WHO RESUME BEFORE 7AM ADD TO A COMPANY THAT THOSE THAT RESUME AFTER 8AM DONT HAVE, WE SHOULD STOP TREATING PEOPLE LIKE ANIMALS.
APART FROM TRAFFIC CHALLENGES I REALLY DONT SEE WHY I SHUD LEAVE MY HOUSE BEFORE 7AM TO GO WORK, WHEN THE DAY HASNT STARTED.
DIRECTORS AND OTHER HIGH LEVEL MGT STAFF DONT RESUME TILL ABOUT 11AM. undecided
Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by ttmacoy: 5:22pm On Aug 16, 2015
You seeing the Group Chairman means you have started your work day already. This is aimed at those who would stroll into the office about 11am like they own the place and spend the rest of the day unproductive.

Yes access control can work but it will take time to implement and also with access control we must first work on the negative lazy attitude and poor work ethics with an iron fist.

Whilst access control and any other methods are being one meted I support th move.

hardbody:

Dead right. So as in my case where i may start my day with seeing and taking instructions from my Group Chairman, i must first get to the office to beat 8am deadline and then do the trip back to a man who may not have the patience for the explanation.

Whatever happened to access control. Nigerians going back and living in the stone age....always.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by omojeesu(m): 5:29pm On Aug 16, 2015
Raymonbell:
My type of action
Good, but will it last?
Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by Raymonbell(m): 5:42pm On Aug 16, 2015
omojeesu:

Good, but will it last?

In a gov't cooperation, that's question for the gods
Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by Capableben(m): 5:45pm On Aug 16, 2015
[size=20pt]MasterBeN[/size]
Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by omojeesu(m): 5:50pm On Aug 16, 2015
Raymonbell:

In a gov't cooperation, that's question for the gods
Yeah! A tall order indeed in our present mess!!
Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by crystalclinton: 6:00pm On Aug 16, 2015
Good evening everybody, here is our won ticket of yesterday's fixed matches, congratulations to all my subscribers that won with me and to those who also won my games for the first time, you can now proudly say that fixed matches exist because you have benefited from it. My next games are ready with an odd of 958 and 50 odds. For those who want to be part of my next games should call me now on 09036540701. Fixed matches won't last forever, let make good use of this opportunity being offered to us now.
Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by paix(m): 6:02pm On Aug 16, 2015
shobroy10:
God will not allow them to resume on time oooooooooo we are many that are looking for job
How would you feel if somebody says "God will not allow you get the job cos he's still in the primary school"?
Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by Ilaje44(m): 6:03pm On Aug 16, 2015
2n2k:

Access Control is not just clock card. This is 21st century not Fredrick Taylor era. It is the placement of the card against the terminal that will open the door for you and at the same time record your time of entry. How will your friend use two cards to enter at the same time?

You're very correct, but how many government agencies and parastatals in Nigeria make use of such security system? Just take a look at the census or voters registration processes which they waste immense sum of money on, it will tell you that Nigeria is 300 years behind Europe even though we're living in the same time and space.
Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by shobroy10(m): 6:04pm On Aug 16, 2015
paix:
How would you feel if somebody says "God will not allow you get the job cos he's still in the primary school"?
why u dey curse na why are dey coming late to work this Nigeria self tire me
Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by segzy0i(m): 6:14pm On Aug 16, 2015
Its nice let dem be serious and let sanity come in2 d body of NNPC
Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by paix(m): 6:21pm On Aug 16, 2015
shobroy10:
why u dey curse na why are dey coming late to work this Nigeria self tire me
Dis one no be curse. Nobody needs to loose their job before you can get one. God will always create way where there's no way. Good luck.
Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by mechanics(m): 6:40pm On Aug 16, 2015
ladyF:

lolz, dats rite but it wil take time n u knw our culture, even if such is built, it wont last, d time is ok, aftall hw much ar dey paid, if u find out, a new graduate may earn up to 200k, so its a gud move.
Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by slydey(m): 7:23pm On Aug 16, 2015
Raymonbell:
My type of action

Where is the gate now na
Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by tete7000(m): 7:36pm On Aug 16, 2015
bigtt76:
Funny though but where was the HR Department all this while that they're just taking note? The HR Department staff should be cleared out with immediate effect grin they're now trying to save their hides from impending brushing I guess

That circular read 'despite repeated circular on the subject matter in the past'.
That means the HR has always warned people against late-coming.
Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by alsudaes1(m): 7:45pm On Aug 16, 2015
shobroy10:

lol

"Wickid'
Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by caugann(m): 7:51pm On Aug 16, 2015
They resume late yet they are able to tidy enough documents to loot this this kin money wey dey miss so and now you wan force them to resume earlier....ok O! that one na more looting time for them o!
Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by KanayoIkeh(m): 8:03pm On Aug 16, 2015
shobroy10:

Lmao! Rolls
Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by bigtt76(f): 8:30pm On Aug 16, 2015
I saw it but why are they just threatening action now that wind of change is blowing hot on their side? grin

tete7000:

That circular read 'despite repeated circular on the subject matter in the past'.
That means the HR has always warned people against late-coming.
Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by justmenoni: 8:50pm On Aug 16, 2015
Bros ur right but do u think dem dey announce nnpc or other top shot jobs so even if dem fire dem is it not to replace them with their personal ppl egs their family members their concubines etc

So tell me something grin grin

quote author=shobroy10 post=37013377]God will not allow them to resume on time oooooooooo we are many that are looking for job [/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Baba-Aji Mamman Refunds N11 Million Unearned Father's Salaries To Yobe State / Nigerian Breweries Salary Structure: Salary Of Nigeria Breweries PLC / HND Holders: How Late Is Too Late For A BSc?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.