Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,731 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:06 AM

Five Simple Ways To Care For Your Flash Drive. - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Five Simple Ways To Care For Your Flash Drive. (1961 Views)

Branding Merchandise Transformers Deform Metal Heart Shaped USB Flash Drive / How To Install Window 7 Through Flash Drive / File Transfer/back-up Made Easy Using On-the-go (otg) Flash Drive, Get Yours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Simple Ways To Care For Your Flash Drive. by emeka94(m): 4:55pm On Aug 16, 2015
I recently imported some 8gb bracelet USB flash drives which I had customized with my school logo and name. My intention was to sell them off in school and make profit. I succeeded in selling them off but I encountered some problem with three clients who returned theirs, after some days, with complaints that the flash wasn’t working properly or didn’t work at all. I was seriously irked, but I replaced the flash for them. Two of them returned again with same complaint, I decided to take a look at their laptops. Without much argument their system had a nice population of viruses.

In this modern day and age, information is the most important commodity anyone can possess. Daily large amounts of information is hauled or transferred from one electronic device to another using different means, chief amongst them is the flash drive. To avoid information loss –which is quiet annoying and painful- and avoid unnecessary profit loss by the seller, and the buyer too, I decided to compile this list to help educate people on how to care for their precious flash drives.

1) Cover the connector;
The connector, the metal area usually inserted into the USB port of a computer, should be properly covered when not in use to prevent the accumulation and trapping of dirt and dust.

2) Inserting of flash
Allow system to completely boot before inserting the flash drive, this is to prevent shock that is potentially dangerous to the flash if it is inserted while system is still booting.
When inserting the flash drive do not force the flash drive in. Ensure, also, that the port and connector are at even angles (properly aligned).

3) Removal of flash
Always, I repeat, always eject or use the “safe to remove” icon if you want to eject the flash drive. Forcefully removing the flash drive without using the safe removal procedure might result in data loss and damage (corruption) of the flash drive. Do not remove flash drive while a file is still being transferred.
Do not pull the flash drive out forcefully, carefully remove the flash after each operation to avoid damage to the computer port and connector.

4) Do not place heavy weight on flash drive
Remember that the flash drive is a lightweight material that have little or no weight at all. Placing much weight on it is a terrible idea and should be avoided to prevent damage to the flash drive.

5) Always scan your flash drive
I saved the most juiciest and annoying for last. Virus is like the computer version of the devil. It is a quadruple headed hydra that if not confronted head long will cause serious heartache.
Viruses hides your data, corrupts it and make it unfit for use. Use an anti-virus that automatically scans your flash drive once it is inserted. I recommend smadav antivirus and USB fix for anyone, especially smadav.

Cc: ujsizzle, mkmyers45, seun, . lalasticlala
Please move to front page so more people can be educated

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Simple Ways To Care For Your Flash Drive. by ELTON123(m): 4:58pm On Aug 16, 2015
Ok

1 Like

Re: Five Simple Ways To Care For Your Flash Drive. by okosodo: 5:32pm On Aug 16, 2015
kool

1 Like

Re: Five Simple Ways To Care For Your Flash Drive. by okosodo: 5:32pm On Aug 16, 2015
kool.
Re: Five Simple Ways To Care For Your Flash Drive. by jamespeterson: 10:06am On Apr 28, 2017
We have various kinds of USB flash drives that you can go for. We have Commercial Small USB Drives that are tiny and easy to carry around. We also have a promotionaa USB drive memory that you can use to promote your business. For more details, Please Visit here: http://www.usbcanada.ca/

(1) (Reply)

/ Checkout This New Sophisticated Plane Designed For American President(photos) / Buy Pd Proxy Vouchers 200 Rs. Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.