Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

Help Us In Delta State University.. The Police Here Are Extorting Money From Us - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Help Us In Delta State University.. The Police Here Are Extorting Money From Us (1150 Views)

Six SARS Officers Arrested After Extorting Twin Brothers In Delta State. Photos / 4 SARS Officers Arrested For Kidnapping, Extorting N7 Million From Bishop(pics) / Fake Policeman Extorting Money In Lagos Caught (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Us In Delta State University.. The Police Here Are Extorting Money From Us by Cry4Justice: 8:36pm On Aug 16, 2015
We can not take this any more, i really don't know if this is happening in other institutions, we've suffered this for years and we are calling on the attention of the IG, AIG, and those appropriate authorities who are in charge to look into this as the situation is getting worse by the day

It's no longer safe for those living off campuses to own a Laptop, i've been hearing it but now it has happened to me and those around me, Am a student of the great institution, and it's really shocking to hear a huge knock on your door only to find out they are some group of armed men who introduced their selves as police, if paraventure you are not home, or they don't get a response, they false fully break the door, they enter and start searching for Laptops and phones, If Eventually they see a Laptop in your room they conclude you are a Fraudster, without wasting time or any question you are been taken into their vehicle of which negotiation begins, if your bid happens not to be up to what they expected they take you to the station and false fully ask you to write a statement under DUREX, stating you are a fraudster, if you tend not to write what you are being asked to write, there at the counter they will give you the beating of your life, and you still end up paying N20,000 - N40,000 as a bail for a crime you are innocent of, this same thing happened to me last year and i paid 22k to bail myself

It beat my imagination when my neighbor's younger brother who came to Abraka to register his postume was seen with his mini laptop, and when they opened it they saw nothing yet he was still taken to the station, my neighbor have to sell his generator in order to raise the funds to bail his younger brother, the little boy who knows nothing on a computer rather than playing games was kept in the cell for 2 days

You don't venture drive a good car without been apprehended and false fully dragged to the station

They terrorize every hostel around the school, if you are caught with a Laptop or even an iphone just be rest assured that you most be arrested, even as am typing this post, my eyes wouldn't leave my window just incase they are coming

These set of police drive in a white Nissan Hilux, outside that, all of them have built their houses and owned cars from funds extorted from student, the DPO of that station changes cars like something else

My question is this.... IS IT A CRIME TO OWN A LAPTOP AS A STUDENT? ARE WE NOT ENTITLED TO OWN A LAPTOP IF WE CAN AFFORD ONE?

My mum gave me her toyota corolla to use in school but i can't dare to bring it to school, all for the fear of police

You can not sleep with your both eyes closed if you own a Laptop in Delta State University

We are calling on the IG and AIG to come to our AID, The police here in Abraka are not our friends, they are falsefully extorting money from Us

Those who have witnessed this can also drop their comments

cc: lalasticlala ishilove

3 Likes

Re: Help Us In Delta State University.. The Police Here Are Extorting Money From Us by YanShforSale(m): 8:37pm On Aug 16, 2015
undecided
Re: Help Us In Delta State University.. The Police Here Are Extorting Money From Us by freezone101: 8:41pm On Aug 16, 2015
lalasticlala front page pls
Re: Help Us In Delta State University.. The Police Here Are Extorting Money From Us by Cry4Justice: 8:48pm On Aug 16, 2015
deadZONE:
You said it happened to u,
then u twisted the story to
you neighbors younger
brother... bros your not addressing
kids here, when next u want to feel
like a big boy wait till u get home
then call all the 5 year old's in your
hood and tell this story to them.

Read properly before you comment.... Those schooling in Delsu can testify to this

1 Like

Re: Help Us In Delta State University.. The Police Here Are Extorting Money From Us by raayah(f): 8:55pm On Aug 16, 2015
/
Re: Help Us In Delta State University.. The Police Here Are Extorting Money From Us by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 16, 2015
deadZONE:
you neighbors younger

What d op cry4justice is saying is true. I live in delta state and d arm force men are terrible here especially at abraka. Dey even disguise to ATMs to look for young boys with drawing money, and if they sight you withdraw huge amount. U are arrested and den u av to settle of not dey take into their station and made to write statements as far as saying u are a cultist and wen DAT is written. 300k for bail if u can't pay. U locked up behind bars. It has happened, life.

1 Like

Re: Help Us In Delta State University.. The Police Here Are Extorting Money From Us by innocenthonda: 9:07pm On Aug 16, 2015
THIS IS 100% TRUE............ ABRAKA POLICE ARE SOMETHING ELSE, I WAS ARRESTED THERE LAST YEAR WHEN I WENT TO SEE A FRIEND OF MINE, COS I WAS CARRYING A LAPTOP

1 Like

Re: Help Us In Delta State University.. The Police Here Are Extorting Money From Us by innocenthonda: 9:07pm On Aug 16, 2015
THIS IS 100% TRUE............ ABRAKA POLICE ARE SOMETHING ELSE, I WAS ARRESTED THERE LAST YEAR WHEN I WENT TO SEE A FRIEND OF MINE, COS I WAS CARRYING A LAPTOP........... IG DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT

2 Likes

Re: Help Us In Delta State University.. The Police Here Are Extorting Money From Us by henribj(m): 9:17pm On Aug 16, 2015
all you abraka students what are you all doing about this issue of police harassment? have you taken the matter to facebook? post it on facebook twitter, and have your friends like and share the stories and before you know it will get to the right authorities.

1 Like

Re: Help Us In Delta State University.. The Police Here Are Extorting Money From Us by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 16, 2015
Cry4Justice:

Read properly before you comment.... Those schooling in Delsu can testify to this
Especially those living in campus 4 road. Forte Marion hostel is always dia sure bet. Witnessed it severely when I schooled there. Na policemen hustling b dat for abk. They break doors and arrest people anyhow. They believe every back pack on a guy has a lappie in it.

1 Like

Re: Help Us In Delta State University.. The Police Here Are Extorting Money From Us by entparrot(f): 9:38pm On Aug 16, 2015
We have to do something, this situation is getting out of hand.

2 Likes

Re: Help Us In Delta State University.. The Police Here Are Extorting Money From Us by entparrot(f): 9:41pm On Aug 16, 2015
deadZONE:
you neighbors younger

I'm not surprise, if you're one of those officers, that are involve in the extortion, and quickly come here to discredit the op.

Who says many of those criminals called policemen, don't visit nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Help Us In Delta State University.. The Police Here Are Extorting Money From Us by Cry4Justice: 9:54pm On Aug 16, 2015
Seun, lalasticlala, ishilove pls help in taking this to the front page..... this thing have to stop... we are selling properties already to pay for a crime that was never committed

1 Like

Re: Help Us In Delta State University.. The Police Here Are Extorting Money From Us by entparrot(f): 10:06pm On Aug 16, 2015
Cry4Justice:
Seun, lalasticlala, ishilove pls help in taking this to the front page..... this thing have to stop... we are selling properties already to pay for a crime that was never committed

Stop begging nairaland, seun is afraid the police might come pick him up one day, so he might be careful of exposing the police.

Contact punch news paper, if you don't have their contact, buy their paper, you will see their phone numbers, one segun will pick your call, tell him what happen.

Punch is seriously sanitizing our police, not nairaland.
Re: Help Us In Delta State University.. The Police Here Are Extorting Money From Us by Cry4Justice: 7:20am On Aug 17, 2015
We need help ooo
Re: Help Us In Delta State University.. The Police Here Are Extorting Money From Us by Cry4Justice: 9:48pm On Aug 17, 2015
cheesy
Re: Help Us In Delta State University.. The Police Here Are Extorting Money From Us by Onyeka32(m): 11:56pm On Aug 17, 2015
it's normal in. Ambrose Alli Uni, Ekpoma is a town where students are scared of police than army, Thank God am out of that system,in ekpoma if a foreign number is seen in your phone without confirming if it's for your relation or friend, you are Good to go to the police station, what we used to do back then in school we made sure we looked our hostel Gate 24/7
Re: Help Us In Delta State University.. The Police Here Are Extorting Money From Us by Cry4Justice: 1:23pm On Aug 18, 2015
Onyeka32:
it's normal in. Ambrose Alli Uni, Ekpoma is a town where students are scared of police than army, Thank God am out of that system,in ekpoma if a foreign number is seen in your phone without confirming if it's for your relation or friend, you are Good to go to the police station, what we used to do back then in school we made sure we looked our hostel Gate 24/7

Abk is worst
Re: Help Us In Delta State University.. The Police Here Are Extorting Money From Us by entparrot(f): 3:08pm On Aug 18, 2015
Cry4Justice:
We need help ooo

Stop begging the foo.ls that run nairaland, maybe some tips arriving their doorsteps.
Re: Help Us In Delta State University.. The Police Here Are Extorting Money From Us by babydoo: 3:56pm On Aug 18, 2015
Nigerian police working where there is no crime, they should go to sambisa forest and arrest Shekau, he is always uploading videos and who knows whether they will become heros
Re: Help Us In Delta State University.. The Police Here Are Extorting Money From Us by coputa(m): 7:58am On Aug 19, 2015
The case of Abraka is a child play com pared to Warri,the town is virtually under siege by the police.they intimidate motorists and extort money from innocent people.A keke dropping and picking passengers are arrested by the police, for disruption of traffic
Its only in warri you will see police,VIO,traffic warden and road safety officers positioned in just one route. It is also embarrassing to see Traffic warden checking vehicle papers.They want to make it at all cost at the espense of the masses.Those in authority should look into this matter.
Re: Help Us In Delta State University.. The Police Here Are Extorting Money From Us by Cry4Justice: 9:38am On Aug 19, 2015
cry

(1) (Reply)

My Experience In The Nigeria Banking Fraud System / See What Fulani Herdsmen Did To 4 Villages In Taraba State (graphic Photos) / Gang Kills 1, Injure Locals And Destroyed Cars On The Street @ Lekki Jakande

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.