Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,598 members, 7,801,725 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

Attahiru Jega Receives New Appointment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Attahiru Jega Receives New Appointment (52475 Views)

Attahiru Jega Disappointed Me, Says Jonathan / Lai Mohammed, Abba Kyari, El-Rufai & Attahiru Jega Meet At Kaduna Airport (PICS) / Attahiru Jega- Man Of The Year Way Back In 1993. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attahiru Jega Receives New Appointment by Nobody: 9:18pm On Aug 16, 2015
[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgbiBGSZo9QrZFIaBWRZ7zjG2YWID1QmL8HcPXYjAvlUrKi4ZyjRgM4kxP[/img]

Professor Attahiru Jega, the immediate past chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), has been appointed pro-chancellor and chairman of council of the Plateau State University.
This Day reports that Simon Lalong, the governor of Plateau state, approved the appointment as part of his efforts to address the protracted challenges facing the university and to reposition it for better productivity.

According to a press statement signed by the governor’s director of press affairs, Nanle Emmauel, the appointment takes effect from August 14, 2015, and aimed at “repositioning the institution for effective educational training and research in line with international best practices.”

Governor Lalong has also approved the immediate reinstatement of former vice chancellor of the university, Professor Danjuma Sheni, who was disengaged by his predecessor, Senator Jonah Jang, as the substantive vice chancellor of the university.

“Also the governor has reaffirmed the appointment of the pioneer and current chancellor of the university, The Son of Ogbomosho Land, Oba Jimoh Oladunni Oyewumi Ajegundade,” the statement added.
In a recent interview, Jega has spoken about his return to the classroom and how the standard of elections in Nigeria has been improved by the introduction of the card reader and permanent voters card.

“We thank Almighty Allah for His blessings and for His mercy. It wasn’t a difficult thing for me to go back to the university having taught for 30 years. Alhamdulillah, I have done five years at INEC and thanks be to God, people have appreciated that we have done our best to improve the electoral process,” he said.

Meanwhile, the House of Representatives has called on President Muhammadu Buhari to name the INEC chairman of and other national commissioners.

https://www.naij.com/519605-attahiru-jega-receives-new-appointment.html

Lalasticlala, Seun

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attahiru Jega Receives New Appointment by JustJosh20(m): 9:20pm On Aug 16, 2015
well deserved

11 Likes

Re: Attahiru Jega Receives New Appointment by powerfulsettingz: 9:20pm On Aug 16, 2015
Man of wisdom.......
Poeple of his liked should be celebrated without him displaying his patriotism, there won't be a president called Buhari today

Jega my role model

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Attahiru Jega Receives New Appointment by manee2(m): 9:20pm On Aug 16, 2015
Couldn't read. Ok shaa!

2 Likes

Re: Attahiru Jega Receives New Appointment by frankay430(m): 9:21pm On Aug 16, 2015
wow...dat is nice
Re: Attahiru Jega Receives New Appointment by Noloss(f): 9:22pm On Aug 16, 2015

Beware of 419. Dis land is not for sale
Re: Attahiru Jega Receives New Appointment by hola106(m): 9:24pm On Aug 16, 2015
Nice one someday I wil get to dis level .....God grant me wisdom to deal with tins of life

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Attahiru Jega Receives New Appointment by Omotayor123(f): 9:24pm On Aug 16, 2015
My man of the year grin.
Congrats to him.

11 Likes

Re: Attahiru Jega Receives New Appointment by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 16, 2015
hola106:
Nice one someday I wil get to dis level .....God grant me wisdom to deal with tins of life
Amen

6 Likes

Re: Attahiru Jega Receives New Appointment by Realist5: 9:33pm On Aug 16, 2015
All of u are commenting on this rubbish without reading through it.

Jega has been Appointed as What?

Pls I stand to be corrected....

1 Like

Re: Attahiru Jega Receives New Appointment by thegoodone2(m): 9:36pm On Aug 16, 2015
good
Re: Attahiru Jega Receives New Appointment by kosovo(m): 9:41pm On Aug 16, 2015
undecided

1 Like

Re: Attahiru Jega Receives New Appointment by Nobody: 9:47pm On Aug 16, 2015
kosovo:
Clearly shows that people don't read before commenting.. The article is a fluke and it's a shame Naij could actually publish this very pad piece..
After beating about the bush, we still have no clue what Jega appointment is.. undecided

Realist5:
All of u are commenting on this rubbish without reading through it.

Jega has been Appointed as What?

Pls I stand to be corrected....

http://www.bellanaija.com/2015/08/15/former-inec-chairman-jega-appointed-pro-chancellor-of-plateau-state-university/

http://www.nigerianmonitor.com/2015/08/15/prof-jega-gets-new-appointment-find-out-what-it-is/

1 Like

Re: Attahiru Jega Receives New Appointment by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 16, 2015
Unbad
Re: Attahiru Jega Receives New Appointment by hola106(m): 10:13pm On Aug 16, 2015
blueto:
Amen
God bless
Re: Attahiru Jega Receives New Appointment by DROGON: 4:58am On Aug 17, 2015
I like this man for his transparency

I adore My President; Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan

Well Deserved.
And bless My President where ever he is.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Attahiru Jega Receives New Appointment by Rayjaymay(m): 4:58am On Aug 17, 2015
NEXT
Re: Attahiru Jega Receives New Appointment by easytask(m): 5:03am On Aug 17, 2015
Political favouritism. Do for me and I go do for you syndrome.

1 Like

Re: Attahiru Jega Receives New Appointment by qubie(m): 5:03am On Aug 17, 2015
K
Re: Attahiru Jega Receives New Appointment by siegfried99(m): 5:04am On Aug 17, 2015
OK na
Re: Attahiru Jega Receives New Appointment by qubie(m): 5:06am On Aug 17, 2015
Noloss:

Beware of 419. Dis land is not for sale
even if i offer u soft dollars?

1 Like

Re: Attahiru Jega Receives New Appointment by laurel03(m): 5:07am On Aug 17, 2015
9ja Man of the year

9 Likes

Re: Attahiru Jega Receives New Appointment by Muyo4g: 5:08am On Aug 17, 2015
Noted.
Re: Attahiru Jega Receives New Appointment by zicoraads: 5:09am On Aug 17, 2015
Good morning everyone. Wishing all of you a lovely week. God bless!

People who have integrity are like gems, they can only be held back for a while, but it can never be forever.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Attahiru Jega Receives New Appointment by lonelydora: 5:09am On Aug 17, 2015
More feathers to his cap for job well done.

In AFRICAN CHINA's voice.......#leads us well, if u be governor govern us well.....if u be jega jega us well"
Re: Attahiru Jega Receives New Appointment by Nobody: 5:10am On Aug 17, 2015
confirmed
Re: Attahiru Jega Receives New Appointment by Nobody: 5:10am On Aug 17, 2015
He deserve more than that but there is still time to early to judge
Re: Attahiru Jega Receives New Appointment by eghos12(m): 5:12am On Aug 17, 2015
congrats
Re: Attahiru Jega Receives New Appointment by Iyke1998(m): 5:13am On Aug 17, 2015
Hmmm

That man is eyeing the seat of the vice chancellor.
Re: Attahiru Jega Receives New Appointment by klem93(m): 5:14am On Aug 17, 2015
good for him
Re: Attahiru Jega Receives New Appointment by ogunwalea(m): 5:15am On Aug 17, 2015
You be Role Model jhor...... Nice one

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of Kwankwaso And Ganduje In 1999 And 2003 / S.S Yusuf Is Dead. Ex-Ambassador Assassinated By Unknown Men / The Hilux Vans Donated By Toyota Company To MNJTF Against Insurgency. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.