Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,137 members, 7,807,453 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? (21119 Views)

Ebiseri Aginighan: I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja — Without Connection / How I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja; Female Security Guard Reveals. PICS / N-Power Training Commences In October As 749,000 Applications Were Received (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by CrixusD(m): 7:50am On Aug 17, 2015
It is pertinent to let the world and the Federal Government know of the scam being perpetrated on the citizens and Graduate Engineers by the National Power Training Institute (NAPTIN) and its DG Engr. Reuben Okeke.

We the graduates of 2012/2013 and 2013/2014 sets have decided to come out and voice out our pain, anguish, displeasure and dissapointment about the behavio of Engr. Okeke and that of NAPTIN as a whole. If we do not speak out on time then other graduate engineers will still fall prey to their unholy and unconstitutional practices as NAPTIN has already posted adverts for the next batch of trainings for 2015 when the graduates of the previous two sets are still languishing at home jobless even after obtaining a 'MERIT' pass certificate which was the minimum required grade obtainable by any NAPTIN graduate seeking a job offer within the power sector.

Infact, Engr. Okeke in clear terms stated during the 2nd inauguration ceremony on 15/11/2013 that the 10 best graduating students of NAPTIN will be granted the the right of first refusal for job placement within NAPTIN itself. This statement, the same Engr. Okeke has vehemently denied during our last scheduled meeting with NAPTIN seeking that they fulfilled all the promises they made both at the 2nd inauguration (15/11/2013) and graduation (01/12/2014) ceremonies.

But we wish to remind Engr. Okeke and NAPTIN that it is on note that he made those statements to the hearing of everyone present at those two ceremonies, some of which includes representatives from the ministry of Power, chairman Senate committee on power and also some foreign investors, and that we have in our possession the video recording of those occasions which we will use in exposing his lies when the time comes. Infact, during our graduation ceremony, Amb. Igali stated in plain English that the President had given approval that the 189 "merit" graduates of 2012/2013 and 2013/2014 to be employed by TCN, a copy of that statement which we equally have in our possession.

Though it is also important to let the public know that we never had problems with the quality of training NAPTIN gave us, the quality of the training we received was "first class " ranging from the classroom exposure in our respective regional training Centres (RTCs), to our sectorial and sub-sectorial practical field jobs, infact, while on the field we worked alongside seasoned Engineers and sometimes expatriates in carrying out routine maintenance, repairs and installations jobs.

But the crux of the matter is why waste so much resources without any end product? Why should an unemployed graduate cough out 750,000 naira plus almost another one million naira for housing, feeding, and transportation, risking lives traveling all over the country for one year without a guaranteed end product? These graduates travelled to Abuja RTC, Egbin thermal (Lagos sectorial ), Sapele thermal (Module I), Olorunshogo -papalanto (module II), etc in the course of the well structured training. Some other colleagues went to Geregu (Kogi sectorial ), kaduna disco (sectorial ), kainji RTC (module II ), Jos RTC, Afam IV & V (Port-Harcourt sectorial ), Orji River RTC (Enugu ), Lagos transmission (Ijora ), etc

The training being a national program meant that we had to travel the length and breadth of Nigeria but on OUR OWN MONEY! . The training was no joke, so why should the end result be? These questions and many more are the reasons for our outburst and we demand answers to them.

If NAPTIN and the Federal government cannot employ the merited graduates of NAPTIN, then let it be scrapped. It is unhealthy and unconstitutional for the FG through NAPTIN to exploit the vulnerability of Engineering graduates for profit making purposes without adequate plans for the benefit of the graduates themselves.

It is worrying also that even within the FG circle itself NAPTIN certificate is useless, valueless and unrecognized. All our individual attempts to render the NAPTIN certificate to the ministry of Power (MOP) and it's other Government sister power agencies such as NERC, EMS and co, for their consideration of our employment has seen this same NAPTIN certificate thrown back at us saying that " we do not know what NAPTIN is and as such it cannot be used as a basis for your employment ". This statement not only show how useless the certificate is but also showing its lack of educational value and making it an equivalent of a roadside computer Centre.

Painful as this may sound, it is nothing compared to the despair we felt while with our host companies during our respective field sectorial duties where our host companies kept on with side recruitments through the back door. Infact my host plant, Sahara Energy (owners of IKEDC and Egbin thermal ) conducted a fresh recruitment under our very nose and sent the successful candidates to the same NAPTIN for training without any consideration for us. Obviously we made our plight known to NAPTIN but they washed their hands of it saying they cannot force any Genco or disco to employ people against their wish, then we wonder and begin to ask the questions of what happened to the remaining FG stake of 30-40% ownership in such companies if they cannot atleast have a say in those companies recruitment exercise.

Bordering on all these points is the reason for our public outcry about NAPTIN nefarious activities that even after 22 months and 9 months of graduation of the 2012/2013 set and 2013/2014 set respectively; and constant meetings and pleas with the NAPTIN management to fulfill their own end of the bargain (since we have fulfilled ours), but they have all through these meetings shamelessly denied ever promising us Jobs.

Therefore, we have resolved to expose them for what they are, we will stop at nothing to make sure that they deliver on their promises to us. It is time for them to be held accountable to their words, the era of making empty political statements and promises is gone.

Our demands therefore are simple and as follows ;

1. The immediate grant of the right of first refusal for direct employment into NAPTIN for the 2013/2014 first 10 best Graduates.

2. The immediate employment of the remaining 189 merit graduates of both the 2012/2013 and 2013/2014 sets either by TCN or by its other Government sister Power agencies.

4. That FG should mandate NAPTIN to stop the present advert for admission which it has posted both online and in the National dailies, till our pressing issues are attended to.

4. That the FG through Ministry of Power (MOP) should mandate all Private Companies (Gencos and Discos ) and Public (TCN, NERC, etc) to grant the graduates of NAPTIN the right of first refusal during employment as it still retains 30-40% ownership of stake in such companies.

5. That failure to do 1&2 above, then NAPTIN should refund our 750,000naira paid as Tuition and school fees.

6. That as promised during our inauguration, NAPTIN should endeavor to partner with top recognised universities both home and foreign for the upgrade of our certificate to Post-graduate studies.

PS:
We also wish to use this medium to tell our respective State Governments and our other benefactors who sponsored us and even provided us stipends to take care of our running expenses incurred during this period, hoping that we will become useful to ourselves and the State in particular can now see through the lies of Engr. Reuben Okeke as the DG of NAPTIN who is only concerned about the money that will come to him.

Our advice is to disregard further letters sent to you about admission of your state indigenes for the next set of trainings when virtually all of us from the previous sets are still at home. We employ you to insist on NAPTIN making true their promise of getting us Jobs first before sponsoring another set.

- To our fresh Graduates, please do not fall prey to their scam I.e adverts you see everywhere. They are only looking for the gullible to prey on, draining them financially, mentally, psychologically and otherwise in the process. inshort, they are only interested in your money while selling you lies. They remain a scam and a fiarce until proven otherwise. BE WARNED!!!

Signed :

2012/2013
2013/2014
Graduates of NAPTIN

13 Likes 9 Shares

Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by ichiexy01: 8:16am On Aug 17, 2015
Wow.. Funny enough i just got a posting from them to do my industrial training at EKEDC festac district.

MY FIRST FTC. grin
Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by HIPROFILE(m): 8:16am On Aug 17, 2015
Hmmm FRONT PAGE MATERIAL.....
Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by hola106(m): 8:19am On Aug 17, 2015
Ok

1 Like

Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by Ogadtop(m): 8:28am On Aug 17, 2015
front page material.moderator pls do the needful

1 Like

Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by Ogadtop(m): 8:31am On Aug 17, 2015
this has to be looked into and verified.if thus is through,then this is day light robbery. =N=750,000 from unemployed graduates? whao!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by Miracle4Sure: 8:36am On Aug 17, 2015
Ghenghen...........Action film

1 Like

Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by Emmaume: 8:38am On Aug 17, 2015
That's a great piece, our voice must be headed. Change! Change! Change!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by Emmaume: 8:39am On Aug 17, 2015
Our voice must be heard I mean

3 Likes

Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by Ogadtop(m): 8:49am On Aug 17, 2015
moderator pla front page thing oooo. make it this monday morning for Nigerians to see. thanks as you do the needful.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by Jus4c: 9:44am On Aug 17, 2015
Many thanks,@OP, for your insightful write-up. I was actually considering resigning from my current place of work and opt for the programme; thinking all must be well,in terms of better job offer, after the training.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by Ahmedie25(m): 9:53am On Aug 17, 2015
Thanks op, 4 this useful information , it really help me alot

2 Likes

Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by ukeme200(m): 10:07am On Aug 17, 2015
Fp material. Mods do the needful pls, lets help our graduates.

1 Like

Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by memoman: 10:50am On Aug 17, 2015
hahaha!!!!!! Dis is ridiculous, federal government scamming unemployed graduates 2ru NAPTIN

2 Likes

Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by HIPROFILE(m): 11:10am On Aug 17, 2015
@ moderator I have carefully read through this write up and I think it should be moved to frontpage so as to enlighten other graduates like me who has been considering enrolling for the 2015/16 session aside the information here I have been able to locate someone who did the programme last year. His statements was full of laments and argony I really feel for them. Its now obvious that our leaders does nat give a damn about the interest of the masses but selfish as well as lacking resource management. I Can't imagine them staying idle after this kinda programme, even if theres no space for them in the over talked about power sector, there are still many places to fix them eg. The refinery etc. Than living them lie waste.

3 Likes

Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by Dammexz: 11:20am On Aug 17, 2015
Pls FP.....naptin no try at all!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by kuabarisi(m): 11:22am On Aug 17, 2015
If not for home training,ISA and OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST,Nigeria would have heard me,for a second.how can a country play its citizens 419,as in cheat its children.

1 Like

Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by kennyausta: 11:52am On Aug 17, 2015
I am one of the graduates that was duped by NAPTIN imagine me leaving my job because I believed NAPTIN was an opportunity to improve my Engineering Understand and more so to improve my earning but never knew I was making a mistake of my life for the past 22 months after the NAPTIN training am still seeking for an employment because someone else had occupied my long vacated seat for NAPTIN Training. Now my question is how do we survive and how long will this continue in our Country? An Unemployed graduates coughing out huge some of 750k for his own destruction when he actually believed to better his career, his life and environment. I can't believe that I can pay such amount to be a prey in the hand of Engr. Ruben Okeke(DG NAPTIN). I advice the new engineering graduates to flee for their lives for ours was charted and broken but God in His infinite mercy amended it for us. Please anyone reading this I beg you don't repeat costly mistake we the NAPTIN graduate did. I only pray for sincere government to attend to this issue of duping unemployed graduates all in the name of Training.

3 Likes

Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by kennyausta: 11:56am On Aug 17, 2015
Jus4c:
Many thanks,@OP, for your insightful write-up. I was actually considering resigning from my current place of work and opt for the programme; thinking all must be well,in terms of better job offer, after the training.

Please don't try resigning I did it and still cry even as I type this message. It has never been easy do u know what it feel to be scammed by your own Federal Government through a process called Naptin? Definitely we aren't safe.

3 Likes

Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by gucci4jab(m): 11:59am On Aug 17, 2015
Buhari to the rescue!!!!

1 Like

Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by Ogadtop(m): 12:15pm On Aug 17, 2015
our president must hear this biko

1 Like

Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by dayo23(f): 1:32pm On Aug 17, 2015
I have never considered doing any training with them, better go and do 1-3month training on CCTV installation , security system installation, Etc
Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by ebenobis(m): 1:37pm On Aug 17, 2015
NAPTIN is a scam, can't forget my experience with NAPSAS, after spending so much only to be told the program has been suspended. Mod, please do the needful.
Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by dave2meek(m): 2:13pm On Aug 17, 2015
Why nah
Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by blessedvisky(m): 2:15pm On Aug 17, 2015
summarise am abeg
Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by ladyF(f): 2:18pm On Aug 17, 2015
Oh my....750k gone with the wind. This is very unfair sha. Hope the appropriate body will look into it. It's just broad daylight robbery!

It's [size=20pt]LadyF [/size] again grin grin grin
Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by parzdor(m): 2:19pm On Aug 17, 2015
W
Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by Flye: 2:19pm On Aug 17, 2015
One of Jonathan's mess that Buhari have to clear.
Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by MrPeterson(m): 2:20pm On Aug 17, 2015
Hmmm seriously ?

Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 17, 2015
ebenobis:
NAPTIN is a scam, can't forget my experience with NAPSAS, after spending so much only to be told the program has been suspended. Mod, please do the needful.

Were you given a reason for the suspension?
Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by chrisxxx(m): 2:22pm On Aug 17, 2015
Thank God I have not fallen victim. I was considering sponsoring myself.

1 Like

Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by baba11(m): 2:26pm On Aug 17, 2015
Na Wa o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

50k In The Island Vs 60k In The Mainland / PENCOM National Pension Commission / WAEC Recruitment 2017 | How To Apply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.