Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,492 members, 7,781,478 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:11 PM

NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? (21073 Views)

Ebiseri Aginighan: I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja — Without Connection / How I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja; Female Security Guard Reveals. PICS / N-Power Training Commences In October As 749,000 Applications Were Received (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by themosthigh: 2:28pm On Aug 17, 2015
Lil
Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by Hardaybizi(m): 2:28pm On Aug 17, 2015
k
Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Aug 17, 2015
N750k?
Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by ebenobis(m): 2:37pm On Aug 17, 2015
kennygee:

Were you given a reason for the suspension?
No
Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by stephen2004u: 2:51pm On Aug 17, 2015
pls let's chat 7BF52E28 am currently on d program
Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by Liadi2(m): 2:52pm On Aug 17, 2015
dayo23:
I have never considered doing any training with them, better go and do 1-3month training on CCTV installation , security system installation, Etc
pls wic company can u recommend for CCTV and security system installation
Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:09pm On Aug 17, 2015
dayo23:
I have never considered doing any training with them, better go and do 1-3month training on CCTV installation , security system installation, Etc
What are these CCTV and security system installations all about? Are they economically viable?
Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:10pm On Aug 17, 2015
. . . one of the Jonathan's transformation agenda legacies.
Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by wallex1983(m): 3:11pm On Aug 17, 2015
The mistake I made was to pay that balance for a certificate that even TCN did not recognise. So painful.....................

Okeke scammed me. I was a victim.
Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by TheAdvocate(m): 3:30pm On Aug 17, 2015
Its not mandatory to employ you even if the DG had said it.

Yu may have evidence of him saying it but legally ur case is not justiable (meaning yu cannot sue some to enforce it).

Imagine if the institution employs 182 of the merit students. Am sure the whole work force of the institution is not up to that number.

2 Likes

Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 17, 2015
TheAdvocate:
Its not mandatory to employ you even if the DG had said it.

Yu may have evidence of him saying it but legally ur case is not justiable (meaning yu cannot sue some to enforce it).

Imagine if the institution employs 182 of the merit students. Am sure the whole work force of the institution is not up to that number.
Exactly! Let's face facts and leave sentiments. What they paid for was for training and not for job placement. Good enough the op admitted they got excellent training. Moreover, the organization was set up for training specifically. Imagine if the organization keep employing those it has trained, then that will be a recipe for over-bloated work force and disaster.

On the issue of the acceptability of their certificate, I wonder why the power firms send staff to the place for training and at the same time deny knowledge of their certificate. Something is not adding up. Maybe NAPTIN has to do more advocacy on the issue of acceptability of it's certificate

3 Likes

Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by experimentist: 3:45pm On Aug 17, 2015
hmm, FG = GEJ = Jail Jonathan
Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by mekado83(m): 3:48pm On Aug 17, 2015
I left my banking job to this so called training. nw am unemployed. scammed by my own govt through NAPTIN.
Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by wallex1983(m): 3:51pm On Aug 17, 2015
Sincere9gerian:

Exactly! Let's face facts and leave sentiments. What they paid for was for training and not for job placement. Good enough the op admitted they got excellent training. Moreover, the organization was set up for training specifically. Imagine if the organization keep employing those it has trained, then that will be a recipe for over-bloated work force and disaster.

On the issue of the acceptability of their certificate, I wonder why the power firms send staff to the place for training and at the same time deny knowledge of their certificate. Something is not adding up. Maybe NAPTIN has to do more advocacy on the issue of acceptability of it's certificate

Body language promised job..... Anyway, I went there for job. I got TCN without them and even left TCN after a year. Better things ahead!
Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by Iykolysis: 3:53pm On Aug 17, 2015
wallex1983:
The mistake I made was to pay that balance for a certificate that even TCN did not recognise. So painful.....................

Okeke scammed me. I was a victim.

Pity guys, I guess the training is for B.Sc Electrical/Electronics, Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineers, et al. NAPTIN might be facing the challenge of manpower saturation in a dwindling economy (my opinion, I stand to be corrected). From the assertions made by the Op, it's an intensive special training program to bridge the gap between university class work and real life/time practice in power engineering. That is to say you are better equipped, so do not despair. I advise you to update your CV with your current knowledge and profile and apply to as many blue chip organizations requesting for suitably qualified gradutes for such roles. You will come out of this situation with smiles.

5 Likes

Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by blank(f): 4:05pm On Aug 17, 2015
My understanding is that NAPTIN is a training institute for the power sector amongst others. It makes sense for the power firms to send their newly recruited staff there for "intensive training". However, you should be able to make yourself marketable to those power firms so that you have an edge over others.

I am trying to imagine me insisting ICAN/ACCA should give me employment because i hold their certificate even after the plenty money i paid. Seems ludicrous.

6 Likes

Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by mekado83(m): 4:24pm On Aug 17, 2015
blank:
My understanding is that NAPTIN is a training institute for the power sector amongst others. It makes sense for the power firms to send their newly recruited staff there for "intensive training". However, you should be able to make yourself marketable to those power firms so that you have an edge over others.

I am trying to imagine me insisting ICAN/ACCA should give me employment because i hold their certificate even after the plenty money i paid. Seems ludicrous.
if i show u the induction brochure, then u wil understand the reason one should resign from his work for the training. Though u haven't been scammed b4

1 Like

Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by blank(f): 5:13pm On Aug 17, 2015
mekado83:
if i show u the induction brochure, then u wil understand the reason one should resign from his work for the training. Though u haven't been scammed b4

I can show you the numerous brochures of foreign universities and the various claims of how you will become the most sought after graduate once you finish the programme. Most people resign and go for these programs still doesn't guarantee them job placements. It stems from the belief that with it, you will be better placed when for certain job selections but they won't do that work for you. Even some Harvard graduates get jobs that pay peanuts compared to what they spent but they won't regret the experience.

On this same thread, you have seen people come out to say that they have gotten jobs with TCN, etc although still looking for better opportunities. It is meant to give you an edge over non NAPTIN trained people.

2 Likes

Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by ransomed: 5:51pm On Aug 17, 2015
You guys got served the right treatment. Imagine having 750k and you were attending training for imaginary job? Don't tell me everybody cannot be business oriented. What is wrong with this generation? Let more "Mumu" commit time, energy and other resources to 2015 edition of the scam. Must you die an employee?
Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by HIPROFILE(m): 5:59pm On Aug 17, 2015
Thank you @ OP this is a serious issue.
Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by benaikodon: 6:00pm On Aug 17, 2015
First of all, it's quite unreasonable and irrational for any Nigerian graduate to believe that he/she will get an automatic job offer after graduation from a training institute, because it's director general said so.
Like the name implies, it's National Power Training Institute of Nigeria, it's a training institute not a job board or agency.

Secondly, Sahara Power Group, owner and operator of Ikeja Electric and Egbin Power Plant, advertised the job openings that led to the employment of very smart 107 graduate engineers. It was a process based on merit that saw even Nigerians that have foreign masters from the very best universities all over the world, and also those with only Nigerian universities' bachelor's degree get employment. Some persons who had previously gone through the NAPTIN training were also employed. Ofcourse, they had more advantage during the interview process, because it was a familiar terrain.

Furthermore, the new recruits (those with NAPTIN and those without NAPTIN training ) were all made to go through the entire training process from scratch because Sahara Power Group designed the training program in collaboration with NAPTIN, and also because Sahara has its own standards, upon which the new recruits were assessed and appraised.

Thirdly, if you have gone through the NAPTIN training, you are more technically inclined compared to a fresh graduate, and I suggest you sharpen your skills to pass dragnet aptitude tests, and also be able to mesmerize interviewers with your valuable engineering experience.

Lastly, my advice to NAPTIN graduates and intending NAPTIN students is, all over the world, no training institute guarantees employment, not even MIT, Havard or Stanford. These universities will only give you the statistics of their graduates that have found employment. Therefore, use your NAPTIN engineering experience as a leverage of technical ability, so as to be able to command the technical and engineering language in the presence of experienced engineers.
Besides, a friend of mine whose NAPTIN training ended in July has been going for interviews and already has a job offer from an FMCG company here in Lagos.

God bless Nigeria.

9 Likes

Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by gidjah(m): 7:13pm On Aug 17, 2015
Too bad bro,my younger brother has been at home since last yr, no hope after our hopes were all raised that he is already a govt child!no pay,no calls, no posting.the boy has started misbehaving sef,abeg make una beg NAPTIM O,they are causing us serious damage.
kennyausta:
I am one of the graduates that was duped by NAPTIN imagine me leaving my job because I believed NAPTIN was an opportunity to improve my Engineering Understand and more so to improve my earning but never knew I was making a mistake of my life for the past 22 months after the NAPTIN training am still seeking for an employment because someone else had occupied my long vacated seat for NAPTIN Training. Now my question is how do we survive and how long will this continue in our Country? An Unemployed graduates coughing out huge some of 750k for his own destruction when he actually believed to better his career, his life and environment. I can't believe that I can pay such amount to be a prey in the hand of Engr. Ruben Okeke(DG NAPTIN). I advice the new engineering graduates to flee for their lives for ours was charted and broken but God in His infinite mercy amended it for us. Please anyone reading this I beg you don't repeat costly mistake we the NAPTIN graduate did. I only pray for sincere government to attend to this issue of duping unemployed graduates all in the name of Training.
Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by Whynotthetruth(m): 7:32pm On Aug 17, 2015
kennyausta:

Please don't try resigning I did it and still cry even as I type this message. It has never been easy do u know what it feel to be scammed by your own Federal Government through a process called Naptin? Definitely we aren't safe.

Bros, I thought the brain behind the training institution was simply to provide a labour pool for Discos & Gencos instead of having them outsourcing such to expatriates and not solely for government to employ them directly

http://businessnews.com.ng/2014/08/28/failure-recruit-engineers-worsens-power-supply-naptin/

http://theunion.com.ng/energy/electricity-naptin-signs-mou-with-french-firm-to-train-engineers/
Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by rukyboy(m): 7:41pm On Aug 17, 2015
I am a graduate of d 2012~2013 set.

Presently working in one of d DISCOS

@Op. I feel your frustrations and my advice to U is to hang in there and remain hopeful

3 Likes

Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by nearest(m): 7:52pm On Aug 17, 2015
NAPTIN students should be aware that these power companies have ex-PHCN staff who are qualified engineers also. Most of the ones that where dropped when the privatisation took place are the same people being called, because of their experience.
And a lot of them are still on ground. A company will not employ someone who was trained within 12 months if they can employ the one who has been running the plant for over 10 years.
Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by motab(m): 8:06pm On Aug 17, 2015
@Op.getting trained at naptin does not give you an automatic job. You still need to apply when you see openings. But you are supposed to stand a better chance in getting employed. I just hope u are not alone on this one because i had 3 friends of that set of yours that are employed with this new distribution companies. Infact one of them had 2 offers and attributed this to naptin training. Maybe u should review ur cv nd start applying instead of waiting for an automatic job. I think PHEDC is currently recruiting.

4 Likes

Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by nnaomaog(m): 8:56pm On Aug 17, 2015
I participated in NAPSAS/NAPTIN program that started feb dis year n we are suppose to end august, 2015.

FG promised us stipend n naptin promised us wrk...napsas/naptin are yet to communicate with us for the past 6mnths.

I am now believing that naptin/napsas are scam.

Pls Buharia shld look into this. We never received any money/stipend by napsas. Naptin are yet to provide us wit certificate n job as promised.

Napsas/naptin
Feb 2015
Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by hamgbol(m): 9:17pm On Aug 17, 2015
@ Op, I think you should take your plight to NA. I was in NAPTIN office in Abuja 2 months ago with a friend for enquiry and the moment I understand that there wont be automatic employment even after paying the 750k cum 1 yr training, I dropped the ambition of enrolling straight. If NAPTIN graduates don't have an edge over fresh graduates just coming out of from Universities, then I think the institute activities need to be reviewed or scrapped.
Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by HIPROFILE(m): 10:11pm On Aug 17, 2015
Sincere9gerian:

READ THROUGH THE WRITEUP WELL... IT STATED THAT THEY HAVE A VIDEO RECORD OF DIFFERENT EVENTS/OCCASIONS WHERE THE JOB PROMISES WERE MADE TO THEM.
1) THE BEST TEN IN EACH TRAINING SECTION GETING A FIRST REFUSAL OFFER IN NAPTIN
2) THE ISSUED DIRECTIVE FROM THE PRESIDENCY FOR THE ENGAGEMENT OF 189 TRAINED ENGINEERS INTO TCN.

PLEASE READ WELL BEFORE YOU COMENT
Re: NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? by HIPROFILE(m): 10:43pm On Aug 17, 2015
The 16-year embargo placed on the recruitment of engineers before the power sector was privatised worsened electricity supply across the country, the National Power Training Institute of Nigeria has said.

According to the institute, the embargo was placed on all forms of recruitments by the Federal Government in 1998.

The Director-General, NAPTIN, Mr. Reuben Okeke, told our correspondent in an exclusive interview in Abuja on Tuesday that there was no structured recruitment programme at the time, a development that had impacted negatively on the sector.

He said, “What the minister said is correct because 1998 was when we had official embargo on employment in the Power Holding Company of Nigeria. That was when the issue of privatisation started, and so, there was an embargo on employment in 1998. But before then, there was no structured recruitment for engineers in the power sector.

“During that time, the training department of NEPA or PHCN would go round to conduct interviews for engineers and other technical officers of the power firm in each state.”

The Minister of Power, Prof. Chinedu Nebo, had last month stated that prior to the privatisation of the successor companies of the PHCN, the firm employed no new engineers for over 16 years.

Nebo said this in Abuja at the closing ceremony of the 2014 Youth Summit organised by the Youth Initiative for Leadership and Rural Development.

According to him, this flaw and a few other issues led to the abysmal performance of the power sector and contributed to the abandonment of electrical equipment at the ports for several years.

The minister stated that the present reforms in the sector had led to the employment of about 1,000 young engineers.

He said the reforms were being religiously implemented with a view to achieving sufficiency in power supply, which would usher in industrialisation and greater economic growth than had already been achieved.

Speaking further on the issue, Okeke said human capital was almost comatose during the period.

The NAPTIN DG said, “But ever since 1993 or 1995, such structured recruitment did not go on. The embargo of 1998 was not only on engineers, but included all other departments of the power firm.

“And, of course, it affected a lot of things and my impression about it is that it was a very big minus for the development of human capital, which is the key for running, operating and maintaining the electricity that you see.

“The human capital is key and number one. So, if there has been an embargo on recruitment and no structured recruitment was allowed, that, to a large extent, affected the performance of electricity supply across the country.”

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Facebook To Employ 3000 - Mark Zuckerberg / FG Approves Grade Level 10 as the public service entry point Of BNSc Nurses / Bad And Wicked Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.