Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,450 members, 7,781,301 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:01 PM

Meet The Next Ooni Of Ife By God Grace (my Cousin) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Meet The Next Ooni Of Ife By God Grace (my Cousin) (1192 Views)

This Picture Of The Ooni Of Ife And His Wife Has People Talking / Ooni Of Ife Chills With Oba Of Elegushi After Being Snubbed By Oba Of Lagos.PIC / Before Yoruba History Is Distorted... Btw Oyo/Ife by ©Adejare Ibrahim shared... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Next Ooni Of Ife By God Grace (my Cousin) by herveze: 2:18pm On Aug 17, 2015
The family that may produce the next
Ooni of Ife may already be a done deal,
going by a 1980 declaration on
chieftaincy affairs by the Oyo State
Government made available to the
Daily Times at the weekend.
The family, Giesi, is third in line
among the four ruling houses in the
kingdom believed to be the cradle of
Yoruba ethnic nationality.
Meanwhile, intense lobbying by
prospective candidates for the stool
has begun.
A declaration document signed and
sealed in 1980, obtained by the Daily
Times, spells out which of the four
houses should produce the next Ooni.
The document, which was forwarded
for approval on 14 September, 1979
and was signed on 28 January, 1980
approved the rotation of the stool
among the Oshikola, Ogboru, Giesi and
Lafogido ruling houses, in that order.
The document had been prepared
under the reign of the late Oba Adesoji
Aderemi who was from the Oshikola
ruling family. The late Oba Okunade
Sijuwade was a product of the Ogboru
ruling house.
The declaration document was signed
by then Chairman of Chieftaincy
Committee of Oranmiyan Local
Government; Secretary of Chieftaincy
Committee of Oranmiyan Local
Government; one P. O. Olaniyi for the
Secretary of Oyo State Government of
Nigeria and the state governor at the
time.
The Daily Times authoritatively
gathered that the remaining two royal
houses that have not produced the
Ooni have begun a series of meetings
to have consensus candidates
Two sources from the Giesi ruling house confirmed the
royal families’ interest in the throne.
“It is true that we had family meetings
and part of the issue we discussed is
the house that is entitled to be the
next Ooni,Osun State Commissioner for Culture and
Tourism,prince Adetona Sikiru Ayedun is the biological son of the giesi house and entitle to the throne and all the family wiil give his total support

Re: Meet The Next Ooni Of Ife By God Grace (my Cousin) by DuchessLily(f): 2:19pm On Aug 17, 2015
Ok
Re: Meet The Next Ooni Of Ife By God Grace (my Cousin) by swtchicgurl: 2:20pm On Aug 17, 2015
Hope you're not the next abobaku?
Re: Meet The Next Ooni Of Ife By God Grace (my Cousin) by Immanueladebol(m): 2:25pm On Aug 17, 2015
swtchicgurl:
Hope you're not the next abobaku?
Lol
Re: Meet The Next Ooni Of Ife By God Grace (my Cousin) by hola106(m): 2:28pm On Aug 17, 2015
Dat s gud ooo
Re: Meet The Next Ooni Of Ife By God Grace (my Cousin) by parzdor(m): 2:30pm On Aug 17, 2015
K
Re: Meet The Next Ooni Of Ife By God Grace (my Cousin) by pimplucious: 2:32pm On Aug 17, 2015
I think Fani Kayode should be made the oni. Isn't he from ife?
Re: Meet The Next Ooni Of Ife By God Grace (my Cousin) by herveze: 2:48pm On Aug 17, 2015
Immanueladebol:
Kip ya money or go gv charity
grin
Immanueladebol:
Laff I dey play nw,na prayer I need from nairaland,pray for my cousin else u will nt be prince friend
Re: Meet The Next Ooni Of Ife By God Grace (my Cousin) by Immanueladebol(m): 2:52pm On Aug 17, 2015
herveze:

Lol,Never I be prince nw,bt if u want to collect Abobaku form,it is free and the salary is 5million per month,u can contact me for dat
Re: Meet The Next Ooni Of Ife By God Grace (my Cousin) by tobtap: 3:39pm On Aug 17, 2015
good luck to him
Re: Meet The Next Ooni Of Ife By God Grace (my Cousin) by Nobody: 6:41am On Aug 18, 2015
Correction, the Ife stool is not by rotation, all ruling houses are contesting. Good luck to your cousin. Who knows, he could be the Oracle's choice.
I also hope he is related to the throne by paternal descent, too many fakes nowadays.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Great Inventions Of Black People / OPINION! The Native Name With The Funniest N Most Annoying Meaning / Igbo Unity Day And Cultural Festival To Be Celebrated In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.