Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

How I Got Scammed 15k By A Nairalander - Technology Market (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / How I Got Scammed 15k By A Nairalander (5320 Views)

How I Got Scammed By Tessyprice / Please Help!! I Just Got Scammed By Snizzerkiller / Got Scammed On Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Got Scammed 15k By A Nairalander by Nobody: 2:33am On Aug 18, 2015
your foolishness on this thread reveals why scamming you was quite an easy task
Re: How I Got Scammed 15k By A Nairalander by siegfried99(m): 3:18am On Aug 18, 2015
BADNEAT:
your foolishness on this thread reveals why scamming you was quite an easy task

Kwakwakwakwakwa grin grin grin
Re: How I Got Scammed 15k By A Nairalander by CertifiedSamuel: 5:33am On Aug 18, 2015
Tydies:
OP, if someone scammed you of 15k, why don't learn your lessons quietly and spare us the bullshit? Everybody can't be as careless as you are.

C'mon bro. You expect him to keep quiet about it while other naive persons fall into same net?? Haba! Not everyone is as smart as you nah.

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Scammed 15k By A Nairalander by CertifiedSamuel: 5:36am On Aug 18, 2015
letsbet:
I hope you get banned again for wasting my mbs..you butthole.

Bros calm down. Maybe the dude has been banned again. Nairaland bot no like am lol.
Re: How I Got Scammed 15k By A Nairalander by Nobody: 6:19am On Aug 18, 2015
How are we sure this scam was not performed by a moderator who keeps on flagging the words in the OPs message? Or does the OPs thread have so many links that are not related to nairaland? Just thinking outside the box though. OP, if you are reading this, mail me the scam details.... I will edit it and post it for you. Kpata Kpata, I will screen grab it.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Got Scammed 15k By A Nairalander by zicoraads: 6:37am On Aug 18, 2015
OP is the scammer grin embarassed
Re: How I Got Scammed 15k By A Nairalander by Tapout(m): 6:38am On Aug 18, 2015
Tydies:
OP, if someone scammed you of 15k, why don't learn your lessons quietly and spare us the bullshit? Everybody can't be as careless as you are.

Bro 15k maybe a chicken change to you but then it's also someone's monthly salary

u don't know how he got the money or what he went through to get it.....spare him ur lectures pls

10 Likes

Re: How I Got Scammed 15k By A Nairalander by dominique(f): 7:30am On Aug 18, 2015
The spambots get this guy's time sha, na only him waka come? I can see that he has been trying to post this in different sections but the bots keep blocking him. I've reported the matter to the phone mods, let's hope they unblock him soon.
Re: How I Got Scammed 15k By A Nairalander by dkronicle(m): 8:38am On Aug 18, 2015
Tapout:

Bro 15k maybe a chicken change to you but then it's also someone's monthly salary

u don't know how he got the money or what he went through to get it.....spare him ur lectures pls

Leave that ignoramus
Re: How I Got Scammed 15k By A Nairalander by sorextee(m): 8:49am On Aug 18, 2015
Just see this one. undecided

letsbet:
I hope you get banned again for wasting my mbs..you butthole.
Re: How I Got Scammed 15k By A Nairalander by RoyalRoy(m): 9:00am On Aug 18, 2015
bedfordng:
Guess i have no option than to post it bit by bit and see where i can be able to reach before i get ban again because i am not sure which of the details is making the bot to ban me, maybe the person's name, phone number, moniker, account number or something else because am sure i did not use any bad words.I will try to post it bit by bit How I Got Scammed Of 15k By Izebhokhae Frank (0.8.1.5.9.9.3.4.4.4.1) On Nairaland

Here is what he wrote earlier that got marked as Spam by the BOT. Checking through his profile I see he has some URL in most of his posts that got the spambot on his tails.

Will work on it with the mod in this section to clear him from the ban.
Re: How I Got Scammed 15k By A Nairalander by rexbuton: 9:12am On Aug 18, 2015
exxell:
How are we sure this scam was not performed by a moderator who keeps on flagging the words in the OPs message? Or does the OPs thread have so many links that are not related to nairaland? Just thinking outside the box though. OP, if you are reading this, mail me the scam details.... I will edit it and post it for you. Kpata Kpata, I will screen grab it.
seconded

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed 15k By A Nairalander by bedfordng(m): 12:13pm On Aug 18, 2015
Tydies:
am not doing this for you. I am doing this so others won't fall victims transacting with the same person.this could save some one huge cash.i believe some people are also negotiating deals with the same nairalander and might fall victim.so you can skip this thread and look for something else.nairaland has lots of categories, so check other category and skip this thread.

I got ban again from mobile phone section after writing the persons name and phone number.i can see that they have moved the thread to technology market.

For those suggesting converting it to jpeg, i wanted search engine to crawl the post and list it so when some one search via the persons mobile phone, bank account, name, they may have something about him because i know most of us do search online via some ones mobile or bank account to get reviews about such person before transacting with them.this is why i wanted to write it in text and list his several username on nairaland according to my search.since the spam bot could not let me do that, i guess i have to device other means.

Re: How I Got Scammed 15k By A Nairalander by sorextee(m): 12:16pm On Aug 18, 2015
Oga, why u no just remove those links wey plenty for ur profile first, according to dat mod. U just wasting our time. undecided

bedfordng:
am not doing this for you. I am doing this so others won't fall victims transacting with the same person.this could save some one huge cash.i believe some people are also negotiating deals with the same nairalander and might fall victim.so you can skip this thread and look for something else.nairaland has lots of categories, so check other category and skip this thread.

I got ban again from mobile phone section after writing the persons name and phone number.i can see that they have moved the thread to technology market.

For those suggesting converting it to jpeg, i wanted search engine to crawl the post and list it so when some one search via the persons mobile phone, bank account, name, they may have something about him because i know most of us do search online via some ones mobile or bank account to get reviews about such person before transacting with them.this is why i wanted to write it in text and list his several username on nairaland according to my search.since the spam bot could not let me do that, i guess i have to device other means.
Re: How I Got Scammed 15k By A Nairalander by bedfordng(m): 12:23pm On Aug 18, 2015
sorextee:
Oga, why u no just remove those links wey plenty for ur profile first, according to dat mod. U just wasting our time. undecided

you don't have to click the thread to read this you know. Just visit other category and skip this thread.my profile link has nothing to do with my ban.you've got nothing to lose by skipping this thread in order not to waste your time
Re: How I Got Scammed 15k By A Nairalander by dominique(f): 12:26pm On Aug 18, 2015
I believe the person in question is https://www.nairaland.com/frankycomputers. His other handles has been banned but he's still operating with this one. But all hope is not lost, you have his personal data. If you can provide proof of a transaction between the both of you, you can report to EFCC.

*edit*

Looks like he has been apprehended. I got this quote from one of his topics.

Bamjazzy:
Nobody should do any business with this guy(frankycomputer) he is a fraudster and has been arrested by the police. i just received a call frm the police with his number asking if i was duped also. be warn
Re: How I Got Scammed 15k By A Nairalander by bedfordng(m): 7:52pm On Aug 18, 2015
since nairaland does not want me to write the full details of what happened due to series of ban, you can Read It Via http://www./15kscam
Re: How I Got Scammed 15k By A Nairalander by Bamjazzy(m): 11:10pm On Aug 18, 2015
DAT FRANK NA REAL SCAMMER WITH DI77ERENT USERNAME. AND A FEMALE ACCT DETAILS WITH SAME SURNAME.
Re: How I Got Scammed 15k By A Nairalander by mavinc4u(f): 11:46pm On Aug 18, 2015
Op's experience is as below

i saw his advert on nairaland, Toshiba Satelite laptop with a price tag of 35k. i called him and he said he reside in abuja ( First Red Flag but i did not take note of this, my bad ). we agreed on part payment of 15k ( second Red Flag But i did not take note of it either ). he said he is going to make use of Agufure Transport to send it down to Lagos. as agreed, i paid the 15k that same day.he went to the park to send the package but on getting there, he said they charged him 7k for the transport ( Third Red Flag and this ring a bell in my ear). I told him to give the phone to the personnel so i can talk to him but the voice sounded like a scammer also.seems he was at home because i was wondering how he could have gone to the park so soon since he said the park was far from his area.

He insisted i send another cash so he will be on a safer side ( 4th Red Flag but i took note of this and persuaded him to send it like that and when i get it i will pay for sure)

he went in search for another transport.he did as said but they charged him 5k. due to time getting to closing hours for business, he told me he is going to send it the following day.i agreed. I called him in the evening but no response, later called him again at late hour and he told me he went for church service ( Another Red Flag ).we agreed to get it done the following day.

The following day i called him and he said he has sent it via transport.this is where the whole saga started and made everything clear i have been scammed.

He started telling me he could not get in touch with the driver during the whole day ( 5th Red Flag ).
i tried to understand, probably it could be due to network problem since its a road journey.i was skeptical because he said he was going to make use of Agufure Parcel and not road side driver.i gave him time and later called in the evening, this time he refused to answer his calls ( 6th Red Flag which triggered The Biggest Red Flag Alert ).i said to my self, i have falling MuGU for this Guy.

I refused to believe and continue calling, no response for more than 2 days.i kept on trying and he answered the call and asked who is this, i introduced my self and immediately he hung up the call and sent me a message that i should send my account number to him, i quickly sent it.he said 20 minutes he will make a transfer.i waited for the whole day, no alert.

I called again through out but no response.kept calling and luckily he answered and told me he has not been able to get in touch with the driver, that he was afraid to answer my calls.i had to wait and see if any driver would call me but none called.i called him but no response for the whole day, following day no response either, kept calling.

It got to Thursday,last week before Friday public holiday which was for eldel Fitri / Muslim SALA, he answered the call and said he has collected the package back from the driver.

He asked if i would be patient, he will send it by Monday Being 21st Of July ( Public Holiday ).i told him to send the package on Friday which was also public holiday for sala.

Since my mind was already made up that this guy has scammed me, i had to play by his rules, i called again but no response, i sent him text trying to make a point clear to him but he boldly told me that the name he is using to scam is not his real name but his Trade Name ( 7th Red Flag ).

I started laughing because this is my first time of hearing such.so now one has trade name which they use in opening bank account, not surprised though.

I still called him and he answered the call and told me he is going to send it on Monday. i gave him benefit of doubt and waited until Monday.

Fast forward to Monday, i called him and he said he is about going to the park but suddenly it started raining in Abuja that Monday ( 8th Red Flag ).immediate he said that, i went ahead with personal stuffs on ground for that day and called him later in the evening, thinking he would have sent it but no response up till this very moment.so guys pick one or two red flags from this post.

My background check on him revealed he is into Pet sale, Custom sale of cars, Mobile phone sale, computer sale and lots more with different username on nairaland and facebook

see images of scammer.if you can't see the image via mobile phone, then click on the image to zoom it.i used his phone number to search on google and got this.
Re: How I Got Scammed 15k By A Nairalander by mavinc4u(f): 11:51pm On Aug 18, 2015
Prove

Nairaland scam

Nairaland scam

Nairaland scam

some of his username on nairalands are

blessedtrade, frankycomputers, uwayimiri, emma56

https://www.nairaland.com/blessedtrade

https://www.nairaland.com/frankycomputers

www.nairaland.com/uwayimiri

https://www.nairaland.com/emma56

His Mobile Phone Numbers Includes

08159934441 / 2348159934441

08130067458 / 2348130067458

08152083076/2348152083076

His Real Name As Claimed : Izebhokhae Frank

Trade Name is : Uwa Izebhokhae Frank

Gtbank bank Account Name : Izebhokhae Frank

and Number : 0147511165

My Payment Proof

my payment proof to Izebhokhae Frank

when you first call, he tells you he is in Abuja. do not fall for that,

if you don't learn anything from this, learn the following Reg Flags Alert

meet any seller in person to transact online dealings even if you are busy, you can send someone on your behalf to check him or her,

do not pay into any ones account even if its part payment for a product you've not seen.

If any seller do not add his or her location and address to what ever they advertised, this should signal Red Flag.no serious seller would want to do business without adding location and address when it comes to physical product except maybe you have done business with him or her to an extent to gain trust but for someone you barely know, you should be at alert

if you call a seller, do not tell him or her your location.first ask them where they reside and see what they say and if they tell you they reside in abuja, kaduna or any other long distance from your end, you should be at alert.you can play along and tell them you have some one there or you reside in same state and see what they will say.most of them will use price to chase you if they know you reside in same state because they don't want to transact with you, some may tell you they are not in the state, maybe they traveled for important quest.this should definitely signal Red Flag to you.

If they asked you to come for meet up and you don't reside in that state, you can look for someone living in that state which you are sure of to carry out the transaction for you.you will have to be careful with this also not to meet another scammer that will scam you by not meeting the person on your behalf

try and do a google search of the persons name if they send their account details to you, just type the account number and see the result.am sure you may get result related to that person history online.with the result, you can decide whether to transact or not

if you can't find the person via his or her account number because i know some of them don't like adding their account number online, you can use their mobile phone number and see the result

you can also use facebook to search for the person using his name or phone number and go through their profile. Check their profile and do some diggings to see how often they update their profile.you may get their contact address via facebook if they leave it public.

You can also create a thread on forums to ask members if they have transact business with them.you may get some fake testimonies from some members who pretend to have done business with them.they are often same person making the comment.so be at alert.if you see any suspicious comment recommending them, click on that persons profile and check the date they registered on the forum and also go through their post history.if the date they registered on the forum is recent, then you should be at alert

if a seller advertise on a forum, click his profile and check the date they registered.if the date is recent, then you should be at alert.like this guy that scammed me, the date he created most of his account was recent.like i said, i failed to carry out proper check due to the stuffs i was doing offline..

To alert some people on nairaland who may fall victims from his various thread because i can see he has created various account and listed mouth watering offers and nairaland users are already asking questions about the product he claims to be selling.i will mention their names so they won't fall victims

austino677

psucc

benardemma

FKMagazine

pheranmie

splendinho

austino677

needinfo

Bratking

ennyhola

dannytwix

Youngpo413

Bamjazzy

yomifola

ennyhola

dannytwix

xtervaganza

alphalph
Re: How I Got Scammed 15k By A Nairalander by RoyalRoy(m): 3:08am On Aug 19, 2015

Nairaland scam

some of his username on nairalands are

blessedtrade, frankycomputers, uwayimiri, emma56

https://www.nairaland.com/blessedtrade

https://www.nairaland.com/frankycomputers

www.nairaland.com/uwayimiri

https://www.nairaland.com/emma56

His Mobile Phone Numbers Includes

08159934441 / 2348159934441

08130067458 / 2348130067458

08152083076/2348152083076

His Real Name As Claimed : Izebhokhae Frank

Trade Name is : Uwa Izebhokhae Frank

Gtbank bank Account Name : Izebhokhae Frank

and Number : 0147511165

My Payment Proof

my payment proof to Izebhokhae Frank

when you first call, he tells you he is in Abuja. do not fall for that,

if you don't learn anything from this, learn the following Reg Flags Alert

meet any seller in person to transact online dealings even if you are busy, you can send someone on your behalf to check him or her,

do not pay into any ones account even if its part payment for a product you've not seen.

If any seller do not add his or her location and address to what ever they advertised, this should signal Red Flag.no serious seller would want to do business without adding location and address when it comes to physical product except maybe you have done business with him or her to an extent to gain trust but for someone you barely know, you should be at alert

if you call a seller, do not tell him or her your location.first ask them where they reside and see what they say and if they tell you they reside in abuja, kaduna or any other long distance from your end, you should be at alert.you can play along and tell them you have some one there or you reside in same state and see what they will say.most of them will use price to chase you if they know you reside in same state because they don't want to transact with you, some may tell you they are not in the state, maybe they traveled for important quest.this should definitely signal Red Flag to you.

If they asked you to come for meet up and you don't reside in that state, you can look for someone living in that state which you are sure of to carry out the transaction for you.you will have to be careful with this also not to meet another scammer that will scam you by not meeting the person on your behalf

try and do a google search of the persons name if they send their account details to you, just type the account number and see the result.am sure you may get result related to that person history online.with the result, you can decide whether to transact or not

if you can't find the person via his or her account number because i know some of them don't like adding their account number online, you can use their mobile phone number and see the result

you can also use facebook to search for the person using his name or phone number and go through their profile. Check their profile and do some diggings to see how often they update their profile.you may get their contact address via facebook if they leave it public.

You can also create a thread on forums to ask members if they have transact business with them.you may get some fake testimonies from some members who pretend to have done business with them.they are often same person making the comment.so be at alert.if you see any suspicious comment recommending them, click on that persons profile and check the date they registered on the forum and also go through their post history.if the date they registered on the forum is recent, then you should be at alert

if a seller advertise on a forum, click his profile and check the date they registered.if the date is recent, then you should be at alert.like this guy that scammed me, the date he created most of his account was recent.like i said, i failed to carry out proper check due to the stuffs i was doing offline..

To alert some people on nairaland who may fall victims from his various thread because i can see he has created various account and listed mouth watering offers and nairaland users are already asking questions about the product he claims to be selling.i will mention their names so they won't fall victims

austino677

psucc

benardemma

FKMagazine

pheranmie

splendinho

austino677

needinfo

Bratking

ennyhola

dannytwix

Youngpo413

Bamjazzy

yomifola

ennyhola

dannytwix

xtervaganza

alphalph

Sorry mavinc4u the spambot got you for trying to post this piece above.
You will be unbanned soon.
Re: How I Got Scammed 15k By A Nairalander by mavinc4u(f): 12:00pm On Aug 19, 2015
RoyalRoy:

Sorry mavinc4u the spambot got you for trying to post this piece above.
You will be unbanned soon.

Thanks a lot. I appreciate
Re: How I Got Scammed 15k By A Nairalander by ceejay80s(m): 5:00pm On Aug 19, 2015
U can still catch him if u want to, I read here on nairaland that he has been caught,
dominique:
I believe the person in question is https://www.nairaland.com/frankycomputers. His other handles has been banned but he's still operating with this one. But all hope is not lost, you have his personal data. If you can provide proof of a transaction between the both of you, you can report to EFCC.
*edit*
Looks like he has been apprehended. I got this quote from one of his topics.

Find out where they are holding him
Re: How I Got Scammed 15k By A Nairalander by Bamjazzy(m): 8:37pm On Aug 19, 2015
D GUY IS FRM BENIN, I CAN REMEMBER WEL DAT D POLICE CALLED ME WIT IS NUMBA N TOLD ME E WAS ARRESTED IN BENIN, COS I ALSO FEL A TUICTIM TO IS SCAM, WANTED 2 BUY A FONE FRM HIM BUT I FENK GOD
Re: How I Got Scammed 15k By A Nairalander by asscb(f): 7:26am On Aug 20, 2015
Bamjazzy:
D GUY IS FRM BENIN, I CAN REMEMBER WEL DAT D POLICE CALLED ME WIT IS NUMBA N TOLD ME E WAS ARRESTED IN BENIN, COS I ALSO FEL A TUICTIM TO IS SCAM, WANTED 2 BUY A FONE FRM HIM BUT I FENK GOD
what if you are the Izebhokhae Frank, operating with different monikundecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Got Scammed 15k By A Nairalander by bedfordng(m): 6:29pm On Aug 21, 2015
i can see the guy is still parading the forum
Re: How I Got Scammed 15k By A Nairalander by sorextee(m): 9:28pm On Aug 21, 2015
how sure are we, hes actually arrested?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Convert A Diesel Engine To A Generator? / #INNJOO Leap 4 - Win 8.1 (8",3G,5MP & 2MP,1GB,16GB)# **Selling Hot** / K1 Plus Amlogic S905 Kodi Tv Box better than DSTV, GOTV and STARTIMES.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.