Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Help With Toyota Camry 1999 Sound - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help With Toyota Camry 1999 Sound (963 Views)

Can I Replace Honda City Engine With Toyota Engine / Honda Accord 2006 Comparison With Toyota Camry 2003 / Problem With Toyota Camry 1999 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Toyota Camry 1999 Sound by winzy(m): 7:58pm On Aug 17, 2015
I washed the engine of the car a time ago, the car sound began blowing and sounding like the exhaust is broken, has tried sunning it and changing all the plugs and servicing... to no avail, please I need help and suggestions... thanks in advance
Re: Help With Toyota Camry 1999 Sound by mayor2013: 8:12pm On Aug 17, 2015
winzy:
I washed the engine of the car a time ago, the car sound began blowing and sounding like the exhaust is broken, has tried sunning it and changing all the plugs and servicing... to no avail, please I need help and suggestions... thanks in advance

How did you sun dry it
Re: Help With Toyota Camry 1999 Sound by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:17am On Aug 18, 2015
winzy:

Your description of the problem @ hand is very poor.
Re: Help With Toyota Camry 1999 Sound by Denn(m): 7:00am On Aug 18, 2015
I attended a communications training last year and I got to know that the average Nigerian can only use about 50 English words.

For example, the English language allows us to describe precipitation with different words- drizzle, shower, mist, fog, downpour etc but to the average Nigerian, its rain.

It becomes worse as some words do not exist in the local language. For example, the Yoruba language has just three colours- pupa (red), funfun( white) and dudu (black). Other colours unfortunately are descriptive...green being 'alawo ewe'. I won't even mention technical jargons like 'oxygen' or car related components like 'transmission'

This puts a limit to how explicit we can describe events.

We all should endeavour to improve our vocabulary skills in order to be able to effectively communicate lest we result to kpom,kpum and kpim descriptions.

Sorry I digressed.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Help With Toyota Camry 1999 Sound by winzy(m): 9:28am On Aug 18, 2015
mayor2013:

How did you sun dry it
By opening the bonnet under the sun...a mechanic told me so.
GAZZUZZ:

Your description of the problem @ hand is very poor.
Broo... have said all I know, please what else am I to describe? thank u
Re: Help With Toyota Camry 1999 Sound by DECOtech(m): 7:33am On Aug 19, 2015
winzy:

By opening the bonnet under the sun...a mechanic told me so.
Broo... have said all I know, please what else am I to describe? thank u

Washing your engine can more of the time make it sound like a misfire (like some plugs not working) than making it sound like the exhaust is blown. This is where your getting us confused.
Re: Help With Toyota Camry 1999 Sound by lonelydora: 12:44pm On Aug 19, 2015
Denn:
I attended a communications training last year and I got to know that the average Nigerian can only use about 50 English words.

For example, the English language allows us to describe precipitation with different words- drizzle, shower, mist, fog, downpour etc but to the average Nigerian, its rain.

It becomes worse as some words do not exist in the local language. For example, the Yoruba language has just three colours- pupa (red), funfun( white) and dudu (black). Other colours unfortunately are descriptive...green being 'alawo ewe'. I won't even mention technical jargons like 'oxygen' or car related components like 'transmission'

This puts a limit to how explicit we can describe events.

We all should endeavour to improve our vocabulary skills in order to be able to effectively communicate lest we result to kpom,kpum and kpim descriptions.

Sorry I digressed.

I can't stop laughing.
Re: Help With Toyota Camry 1999 Sound by EVehicleConsult: 11:20pm On Aug 19, 2015
I think whats this man is trying to say is the car sounds like one
1 cylinder is left without spark plugs also sound like EXHAUST
DECOtech:

Washing your engine can more of the time make it sound like a misfire (like some plugs not working) than making it sound like the exhaust is blown. This is where your getting us confused.
Re: Help With Toyota Camry 1999 Sound by winzy(m): 12:54pm On Aug 24, 2015
EVehicleConsult:
I think whats this man is trying to say is the car sounds like one
1 cylinder is left without spark plugs also sound like EXHAUST

Yea... sorry for the bad communication, dont know how to explain it, but I think its from the plug... if I march on the accelerator it will hesitate before moving and when it is on P it sounds almost ok but when I put it on D or R that when the "blowing" soon comes in...

(1) (Reply)

I Wanna Buy A Minivan And I Need Advice. / HELP! My Celica Overheats After I Replaced Engine / With A Budget Of 1million, What Car Should I Go For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.