Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,986 members, 7,806,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns (48495 Views)

'Do Not Murder Sleep In Ondo'' - Femi Fani-kayode Warns INEC / Fani-Kayode Warns Lai Mohammed: 'Stop Insulting PDP Or I Will Spank You' / If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by Okimski(m): 8:40pm On Aug 17, 2015
[img]http://cdn1.vanguardngr.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/412x250xfani-Igbo.jpg.pagespeed.ic.IVAwk_Borx.webp[/img]

ABUJA- FORMER Director of Publicity, Peoples Democratic Presidential Campaign Organisation, PDPPCO, Chief Femi Fani- Kayode Monday lampooned the Convener of the Coalition of Northern Politicians, Academics, Professionals and Businessmen, Dr. Junaid Mohammed, describing his comments that President Muhammadu Buhari owes Igbos nothing as most most insensitive, cruel and Puerile.

Responding to comments credited to Junaid, Fani- Kayode in a message to Vanguard noted that his statements that If the igbo feel marginalised they should attempt to break away again, was most uncharitable and careless, warning that if there was any attempt to butcher the Ibos or a repeat of what happened in 1966, it would be resisted by not only the Ibos, but by all Nigerians, with attempt to secede, which according to him, would be successful.

According to him, the like of Junaid must learn from history, our mistakes, preach peace and peaceful coexistence, rather that boast and beat our chests for yet another round of war. Fani- Kayode reacting to a statement titled,

” If the igbo feel marginalised they should attempt to break away again”- Dr. Junaid Mohammed, The Punch Newspaper, 17th August 2015, said, “Given the immense suffering that the igbo were subjected to both before, during and after the civil war this is one of most insensitive, cruel and puerile comments that I have heard in recent times. “I daresay that if Junaid Mohammed’s Nigeria ever butchers over 100,000 innocent igbo civilians again, as they did in the north in 1966 just before the civil war, there will indeed be another attempt to secede, but this time it will not only be successful, but they will also take many others with them. “Rather than boast and beat our chests, we must learn from our history and we must never repeat its mistakes.

” Dr. Junaid Mohammed, had in an interview in one of the national dailies( not Vanguard) , dismissed the sentiments shared by a former Governor of Anambra State that the Igbo have not been treated fairly in the governance of Nigeria. Junaid who noted that people of the Igbo nation have enjoyed favourable treatment, said it was wrong to reward the Igbo simply on the basis of the Nigerian Civil War, which lasted between 1967 and 1970. Mohammed had said, “If it is about Buhari making the appointments based on merit, I have no problems with it. I don’t believe Buhari or Nigeria owes any Igbo anything. I don’t care what Ezeife says; if they had seceded, there would have been no Nigeria today. As people who acted outside the interest of Nigeria as a country, to expect compensation is a very odd logic.

“If the Igbo don’t like it, they can attempt secession again. If they do, they must be prepared to live with the consequences. Nobody owes them anything and nobody is out to compensate them for anything.”

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/if-igbos-are-butchered-again-nigeria-will-break-fani-kayode-warns/

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by Mintek: 8:41pm On Aug 17, 2015
That was a rather unfortunate and despicable statement from Junaid Mohammed.

He's beating the war drum as if he can stand it when the fire rages.

This man needs to be called to order. He talks too much these days.

143 Likes 10 Shares

Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by ramdris(m): 8:43pm On Aug 17, 2015
This guy again?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by RepEnugu(m): 8:43pm On Aug 17, 2015
hello yellowbaboons on nairaland, what do you have to say about this?

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by dangote7510(m): 8:49pm On Aug 17, 2015
no conflict, no peace

1 Like

Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by wapSmart(m): 8:51pm On Aug 17, 2015
Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by kettykings: 8:56pm On Aug 17, 2015
The truth is that the next civil war might not be like the first civil war.

The theater of war will definitely not be in the east. The use of advanced weaponry and technology like drones, cluster bombs, GPS for precision and ogbunigwe 2.0 which will be killing people in 1000000 will pervade the war.
My only prayer is let Britain and Russia back out so that some people will learn war 1. 0

139 Likes 16 Shares

Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 17, 2015
ok
Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by Nobody: 9:02pm On Aug 17, 2015
acdn to buhari, " ibo hated me so much because of biafra war, i killed many of them and ready to kill many more in other to save my country"

from buhari's view, ibo are not part and parcel d zoo called Nigeria yet they wouldn't let go

now dis animated imbecilic homo errectus stil dare war paraventure ibos try to break off Nigeria..
u all will live n c d succession of Biafra and any attempt by the zoo will lead to its collapse.

be warned

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by PedroJP(m): 9:02pm On Aug 17, 2015
Dat Junaid said most of Yorubas and Hausas' minds.

Viva Biafra

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 17, 2015
1967 is nt n cn never be compared wit now.

gowon tinks he will finish n destroy ibos wetin days but it lastd months despite all dia supports from some western world

compare den wit nw

it is will b beta u let go in peace because no country survives second war ask ur history

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by okosodo: 9:28pm On Aug 17, 2015
junaid mohammed is as daft as any hausa fulani quota system doctor

90 Likes 8 Shares

Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by brize(m): 9:31pm On Aug 17, 2015
At the end, Biafra will come

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by truefact: 9:57pm On Aug 17, 2015
junaid should know that there would no more Bakassi to trade off. there would be no more boro and saro to sabotage Biafra again. there would be no more full yorubas support because the north has cheated Yoruba often...there would be no more support from the western world.. it will just be Hausa/Fulani against the Igbo...

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by DICKtator: 9:53am On Aug 18, 2015
Woow!!!!

His coke-cane supplier has given him his medicine

For once, he made sense small!!!!!!

grin grin grin grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by MadCow1: 9:53am On Aug 18, 2015
Wow! See Fani Kayode being an Igbo Crusader. grin

A Yoruba Man supporting the Igbos plan to secede. grin

Reminds me of one other two - faced Yoruba Snitch Nigga who also supported the secession of the Igbos only to turn around a stab them in the Back.. grin

Fani should leave Igbo matters alone o.. Buhari owes the Igbos nothing apart from his constitutional obligations to the Igbos. The Igbos did not hide the fact that President Muhammadu Chukwudifu Buhari was not their preferred candidate.

We have no plans to secede again and it's not because we are afraid but because their are smarter ways to achieve our aim than through secession that would lead to more death in our land.

Oganiru Ndi Igbo Gburugburu.

Chineke su kwe Ndi Ofe oku.. angry

119 Likes 8 Shares

Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 18, 2015
Igbos van butcher the whole Nigeria but they kept their cool.
Long live Igbo land.

17 Likes

Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by brixton: 9:53am On Aug 18, 2015
Junaid Mohammed is a gworo chewing bigot. Nigeria is sitting on a precipice, no northerner want to trigger the long awaited disintegration even though it is going to happen.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by ibkgab001: 9:54am On Aug 18, 2015
Ko kan aye

Igbo are set of stone hearted tribe of this country they started the war they are finding difficult to end

They find it difficult to forgive talkless of forgetting the past

The rate at which they hate other tribes are increasing rapidly everyday

They keep on telling thier children about the man ojujuwu who lead them to captivity

Truly there was a country

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by NwaNimo1(m): 9:54am On Aug 18, 2015
Butchered? Crazy Crack Head - Igbo's fought for their freedom and will continue to do so!

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by otijah(m): 9:54am On Aug 18, 2015
Most times this man talks sense

3 Likes

Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by Demmocrats(m): 9:54am On Aug 18, 2015
For the first time in my life I take a bow, ffk even deserves a standing ovation

Peace is the way out.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 18, 2015
Oh

12 Likes

Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by Ephemmm: 9:55am On Aug 18, 2015
RepEnugu:
hello yourfellowbaboons on nairaland, what do you have to say about this?

8 Likes

Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by Built2last: 9:55am On Aug 18, 2015
The hatred people have for Fani kayode and PDP will not allow them read what he said in the above article and the sense in it.

I know Junaid will not make such senseless statement during GEJs time but now that PMB holds sway. we should expect that.

below is my earlier assertions on realisation of Biafra and eventual breakaway of Igbos from Nigeria. If Igbos want to go. whats the big deal. all these attention and palpable fear of Nigerians on Igbos is becoming too much. haba. If they want to go, lets free them peacefully. all these Igbo and Biafra news is becoming boring.

I think that the governments move against Radio Biafra is coming rather late and giving it all the publicity they never had.

I am not one of those who fool themselves that Biafra will not be realised one day. History has it that those who have been held as slaves or third class citizens always gain freedom. The Jews gained freedom from the Egyptians after 450years, Indian got independence from Britain, 1948 the Jews stubbornly carved out a state for themselves in the middle east. The black Americans now vote and contest elections. The scotish will break away from the British someday..its just time. The followership of Radio Biafra is crazy and if the agitation has not died 40years after the war. It wont die again. White Americans told black Americans that they will remain in perpetual servitude. Today history and time has proven those white Americans wrong.
Pro-Biafran groups are doing all they can to gain global world leaders attention and trust me they are gaining momentum. The last Biafra day celebration accross the globe gives credence to this. BBC, New York Times and Jerusalem Post has reported in Biafra in the last one week. Thats a reach out if you ask me.

Here is my proposition.
I will not tell Igbos to go or stay. It is their right to choose what they want. As a matter of fact the push by many people for them not to go is giving the struggle much more popularity.
There was war in Nigeria years back with a monumental pogrom that left many Igbos dead. Nigerian state must not pretend all is well and keep moving ahead.
There is need for a reconciliation and assimilation meeting between the state of Nigeria abd Igbo leaders.
Ask your Igbo friends at work if they truly will desire to leave Nigeria. 8 out of ten will say yes. The more reason i think the agitation for Biafra actualisation will not die.

The Niger Deltans who were cold enemies with Igbos are gradually aligning and having clandestine meetings.
Veraciously clamping down on Igbo Biafra will not work. The support and sponaorship is high and we must not pretend that the inventive power of the Igbos will not help them in this Radio war. How about NBC licensing Radio Biafra with a Different name like Radio Igbo or something else.

I write this because i have the deepest concern for what will become of our great country Nigeria in the coming years if its not well managed.
I am married to an industrous Igbo woman who has given me 2 sons. I asked her on bed last night if she supports realisation of Biafra, she said she will sponsor yhe agitation when the time is right. My wife has never mentioned Biafra but its deeply seated in her. We are both highly educated and understand rights. She and my two sons are all i've got. The Irish marry the English, yet the Irish is planning to secede, so, don't crucify me.

There is need for a wound healing meeting now before its too late. We will appear delusional if we think that the Nigeria of 1960 is same today.
History has a way of proving those who say things are impossible wrong. Some people said PMB will never become Nigeria's president again. They said he was old, he is a dictator and all sorts. Today he is the president. Biafra will be realised if Igbos are not fully re-integrated into Nigerian politics and all the hate against them stamped out.

281 Likes 61 Shares

Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 18, 2015
Chaii!!! See who is talking!!
Why will they be killed sef!!
They should stay in their country!!
For better for worse!!
Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by PRINCENWAEZE(m): 9:55am On Aug 18, 2015
Hmmmmnnnn
Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by NegeduGrace(f): 9:55am On Aug 18, 2015
Na you pple you go tell that one oo.,na una sabi even una oba self is a confused man

1 Like

Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by ihatebuhari(f): 9:55am On Aug 18, 2015
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Nigerians React To Picture Of Buhari And Hadiza, His Daughter In London / Bullion Vans: APC Reacts To Deji Adeyanju's Petition Against Tinubu / Goodluck Jonathan Carrying His Grandchild (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.