Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,232 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

Two Trains Collide In Agege, Lagos - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Two Trains Collide In Agege, Lagos (29846 Views)

Passengers Sitting On Top Of An Overcrowded Train In Agege, Lagos. / 2 Huge Ships Collide In Karachi Port Pakistan, Sending 21 Containers Into Sea / Peace Mass Bus & Truck Collide In Fatal Accident In Imo (Pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Trains Collide In Agege, Lagos by XavierBlue(m): 9:01pm On Aug 17, 2015
On Sunday, August 16, 2015, two trains collided in the Agege area of Lagos state.

The train accident reportedly left two passengers dead and one injured. NAN reports that the two dead passengers were hanging illegally by the moving train’s rooftop when the sad incident occurred.

While the injured passenger is presently receiving treatment at an hospital, Mr Akin Osinowo, Lagos Railway District Manager (RDM) has beckoned on the families of the deceased to come and collect the corpses at the Federal Medical Centre (FMC), Ebute-Meta.

A panel of inquiry has however been set up to get to the root of the cause of the unfortunate collision between the two trains. According to the Managing Director of the NRC, Mr Adeseyi Sijuwade, members of the panel include Directors of Operations, Electrical, Mechanical, Signal and Intelligent Unit.

“The Managing Director directed the head of various departments to visit the site and interview eye-witnesses, visit the police station and make inquiry. And also to find out the main causes of the accident and determine the details and number of casualties. The families of the deceased should bring a documentary evidence to support their claim, evidence of identity of the corpses, evidence of their relationship with the dead and a Sworn Affidavit. After being certified, they will be referred to the police authority where we will ensure that the bodies are released to them,” Osinowo said.

The RDM however implored commuters and train users to value their lives and stop hanging on moving trains.
Just recently, two people died after a trailer collided with a train in Agege area of Lagos, Southwest Nigeria.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/two-dead-one-injured-as-two-trains-collide-in-agege-lagos/
Re: Two Trains Collide In Agege, Lagos by drchinchek: 9:01pm On Aug 17, 2015
Wow!
...sad one. My condolence to the injured. cry

Wait a minute!
Na me be FTC? kiss
This week will be great 4 Dr Chinchek o!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Trains Collide In Agege, Lagos by BraniacX(m): 9:02pm On Aug 17, 2015
. grin

1 Like

Re: Two Trains Collide In Agege, Lagos by jmoore(m): 9:03pm On Aug 17, 2015
My people perish for lack of knowledge.

2 Likes

Re: Two Trains Collide In Agege, Lagos by delishpot: 9:04pm On Aug 17, 2015
Bad news ooo. Lets see what caused the trains to collide in the first place.
Re: Two Trains Collide In Agege, Lagos by Noloss(f): 9:06pm On Aug 17, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Two Trains Collide In Agege, Lagos by Cutehector(m): 9:07pm On Aug 17, 2015
Say wetin happen
Re: Two Trains Collide In Agege, Lagos by adewaletb3(m): 9:07pm On Aug 17, 2015
Rip to them. What a sad news to them families.
Re: Two Trains Collide In Agege, Lagos by DickDastardly(m): 9:09pm On Aug 17, 2015
angry
Re: Two Trains Collide In Agege, Lagos by nollyway(m): 9:09pm On Aug 17, 2015
The rate accident(vechicles) just dey show himself dis days e be like say 2015 owe am cash abi una no dey notice am

Anyways RIP to the dead... cry

1 Like

Re: Two Trains Collide In Agege, Lagos by klem93(m): 9:10pm On Aug 17, 2015
RIP to the dead but like seriously am still shocked people risk their life like this
Re: Two Trains Collide In Agege, Lagos by DrayZee: 9:10pm On Aug 17, 2015
Obey instruction for your own good... No.. Now this is the result. R.I.P to the dead
Re: Two Trains Collide In Agege, Lagos by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:10pm On Aug 17, 2015
The Managing Director directed the head of various departments to visit the site and interview eye-witnesses, visit the police station and make inquiry. And also to find out the main causes of the accident and determine the details and number of casualties. The families of the deceased should bring a documentary evidence to support their claim, evidence of identity of the corpses, evidence of their relationship with the dead and a Sworn Affidavit. After being certified, they will be referred to the police authority where we will ensure that the bodies are released to them,” Osinowo said. All this to collect the dead bodies nawa

2 Likes

Re: Two Trains Collide In Agege, Lagos by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 17, 2015
Ehyah! Sunre o
Re: Two Trains Collide In Agege, Lagos by aspabay(m): 9:10pm On Aug 17, 2015
Ahh. How come i didnt hear of this one? I board the train everyday and knew about the Trailer incident. And to think trians don't commute so much on Sundays. And if they. Move at all, you wont find any 'hangers' on Sundays because the train would bé virtually empty.
Hmm i just smell some lies here. I will find out tomorrow.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Two Trains Collide In Agege, Lagos by Kufie(m): 9:10pm On Aug 17, 2015
Why exactly will two trains collide? Sad situation

2 Likes

Re: Two Trains Collide In Agege, Lagos by Bonapart(m): 9:10pm On Aug 17, 2015
Things that happen in that country Nigeria baffles me sometimes. How can two train collide... na wao ooo

Sounds abominable

1 Like

Re: Two Trains Collide In Agege, Lagos by ednut1(m): 9:10pm On Aug 17, 2015
in their pockets they wud find 2-5k. dey cud hv entered danfo for less dan 150. those pple dat climb those trains are mad pple to me. RIP. by tomrw anoda set of dumbos wud climb d train smh

1 Like

Re: Two Trains Collide In Agege, Lagos by chipzidar(f): 9:11pm On Aug 17, 2015
Tragic!!
Re: Two Trains Collide In Agege, Lagos by sukkot: 9:11pm On Aug 17, 2015
well dayum
Re: Two Trains Collide In Agege, Lagos by tdayof(m): 9:11pm On Aug 17, 2015
Lord have mercy
Re: Two Trains Collide In Agege, Lagos by spicy244(f): 9:11pm On Aug 17, 2015
That's so sad....
Re: Two Trains Collide In Agege, Lagos by omobenluv(f): 9:11pm On Aug 17, 2015
Hum
Re: Two Trains Collide In Agege, Lagos by laurel03(m): 9:12pm On Aug 17, 2015
RIP to them
Re: Two Trains Collide In Agege, Lagos by khassy(m): 9:12pm On Aug 17, 2015
this can only happen during the time of the useless conductor that gives fake change undecidedundecided
Re: Two Trains Collide In Agege, Lagos by Goddygee(m): 9:13pm On Aug 17, 2015
Na wa, no whr safe again o, car - accident, plane - disappear, boat/ship - capside, na God go hlp us o
Re: Two Trains Collide In Agege, Lagos by shamecurls(m): 9:14pm On Aug 17, 2015
Hey ya....May there soul rest in perfect peace.

These Transformation train sha! Its either derailing or colliding. grin

Going to bed

2 Likes

Re: Two Trains Collide In Agege, Lagos by Aspiregreat: 9:14pm On Aug 17, 2015
Why would someone with a functional CERB/CORTEX hang on a moving train.....pls nobody should blame Mr Devil here......
Re: Two Trains Collide In Agege, Lagos by Swagavillage(m): 9:14pm On Aug 17, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

16 Famous Nigerian Airlines That No Longer Exist / Driver Runs Away As Container Falls And Break Man's Leg On Lagos Road. Photos / 2 Air France Pilots Suspended After Fighting In Cockpit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.