Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,464 members, 7,801,162 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:42 AM

A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office (66519 Views)

Ordeals Of A Nigerian Job Seeker In Pictures / CV Format For A Graduate Trainee Job Application / Dear Job Seeker, Don't Think Yourself Into Depression (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by taiwoliu(m): 10:00am On Aug 18, 2015
AbuMaryam1:

Yes Sir.
stl looking for the e-copy of d book. Wl appreciate if u can help.
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by dwebdesign(m): 10:01am On Aug 18, 2015
gosh!
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by abacusCm(m): 10:03am On Aug 18, 2015
please what you need is an idea of the message he was trying to pass to your organization...I even thought it is an oil company I don't know that it is business centre.

1 Like

Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by TheDauraMallam: 10:05am On Aug 18, 2015
fpeter:
hahahahahehhheeeee grin

seriously though, this is not funny. I was talking to my colleagues a few days ago and we were
reminiscing the good old days of being a secondary school student in FGC. the grammar taught to
us back then was solid, you would hardly see any FGC ex-student that cannot speak/write proper
English today. It is a shame to note that nowadays, children born between the 80s and the millennium
are struggling to even write good sentences or spell properly, you see a bunch of them here on NL. cry

I blame our leaders, checkout the older citizens of our country today their English and hand-writings are
impeccable but because of corruption they have made our youths semi-illiterates. cry

Sweetheart, can you write in your mother language?

Mtchew

1 Like

Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by Ferebiekun: 10:06am On Aug 18, 2015
delman88:
this isn't too bad for an O'level graduate, he just got some spellings wrong. but thumbs up for his/her idea and stop miss leading as if its a BSc holder. @op if you were the one in shoes of this applicant and you come up online and see people humiliating you, how will you feel

I bet this will get a credit pass in WASSCE, right? We all need to admit that the letter in question paints a shameful picture of standard of the education in the country. If a senior secondary leaver cannot write a simple well-written application letter, who is going to teach him at higher institution of learning?

1 Like

Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:10am On Aug 18, 2015
STEVENcrack:
before you conclude dear, think abt this questions;
(1)Why would a SSCE holder be looking for a job instead of furthering her studies....
(2) What kind of second school do u think her parent could afford.
(3) From this letter do u think she made her WAEC ?
All I see in this writer is a raw brilliant talent in embryo that only lacks diction organisation. Nigeria a country where young talents from poor pedigree dies.
The letter is not bad just that it lacks originality, she wanted to impress d employer so she used big words wrongly..she needs to work on her choice of words and organisation of words.
We have lazy students today that don't read. Go to some of the first generation universities. You will see holders of WAEC manning NASU and SSANU. They are the best typists. They moved from just using manual typewriters to using laptops and PC, and are able to make use of MS. These people could type memos and circulars on behalf of the VC, deans or HoDs of hand.

1 Like

Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by Godson201333(m): 10:11am On Aug 18, 2015
socialmediaman:
Applicant indicated "O level" not "Graduate". Misleading title

Even with o'Level qualification...He doesnt need to murder English to that extent!
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by idokosi: 10:13am On Aug 18, 2015
name of school pls
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 18, 2015
@ op why try to mislead people of this forum? Of what gain would it be to you stating the applicant is a graduate whereas he applied as 0'level

Your company should be one of those that recruit casual workers
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by kinibigdeal(m): 10:14am On Aug 18, 2015
himkers:
He came looking for job in the firm where I work. I laughed after reading his letter and I wonder what kind of graduates our institutions are churning out.

Who you are, is what you attracts.
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by fpeter(f): 10:14am On Aug 18, 2015
TheDauraMallam:

Sweetheart, can you write in your mother language?

Mtchew

so even men too write "mtchew"
very funny.....
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by Holluwatarhyor(m): 10:14am On Aug 18, 2015
socialmediaman:

HND actually needs to be upgraded to BTech. They are graduates with a different orientation from Bsc or BEng
I am an HND holder,if you like continue smoking your oshogbo weed,I'll beat you hands down intellectually anyday anytime,I don tell the other ode too

1 Like

Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by STEVENcrack(m): 10:15am On Aug 18, 2015
Jarus:

I agree the best HND holders can hold their own against the best Bsc holders. But not sure about that if we look at average.

And your copious use of "so-called Bsc" in the comment makes one wonder if this is not about bitterness than proving a point.
" So called BSC"Apologies on that. Where are my manners!
I had to use it to refute a mention. The way the system ostracise and stigmatise HND is so poignant. And even d BSC are so dogged to envisage it.
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by chris4gold(m): 10:16am On Aug 18, 2015
what a serious minded guy, i wouldn't mind to get the guy as my staff.

You can link me up if their is any contact i can get him on!

1 Like

Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by mavelo: 10:20am On Aug 18, 2015
D op must b rude n insensitiv 4postin sum1s applicatn 2d public domain. angry
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by Holluwatarhyor(m): 10:21am On Aug 18, 2015
Cutehector:
Ok
Idiota,I am an HND holder,if you like continue smoking your oshogbo weed,I'll beat you hands down intellectually anyday anytime

1 Like

Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by remirez07(m): 10:22am On Aug 18, 2015
Jannie1999:
this one no be graduate at all
the writer isn't a graduate, he/she is o'level holder and a job seeker......... Don't monk. He tried with his level of education. Lol
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by CyberWolf: 10:23am On Aug 18, 2015
Cutehector:
people still go to school and make silly mistakes in english language..
Are you in any way better Mr. "I too know"? angry
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by FrankValency(m): 10:24am On Aug 18, 2015
Franchise21:
By business center, he means computer business center where he types, prints, photocopy, spiral binds, laminates etc
ok ,then the applicant is qualified nah,was he expecting a B.Sc holder to apply
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by Cutehector(m): 10:24am On Aug 18, 2015
Holluwatarhyor:
Idiota,I am an HND holder,if you like continue smoking your oshogbo weed,I'll beat you hands down intellectually anyday anytime
what course did you read please?
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by STEVENcrack(m): 10:25am On Aug 18, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

We have lazy students today that don't read. Go to some of the first generation universities. You will see holders of WAEC manning NASU and SSANU. They are the best typists. They moved from just using manual typewriters to using laptops and PC, and are able to make use of MS. These people could type memos and circulars on behalf of the VC, deans or HoDs of hand.
Even the worst student can rise above the heavens.
You said and I quote "They moved from just using manual typewriters to using laptops and PC, and are able to make use of MS." Give this writer a chance and I bet u that she wud do better than those ur references. Let her start from somewhere and moreover who made u a judge over her.
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by 4reala(m): 10:29am On Aug 18, 2015
Our secondary schools not tertiary institutions
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:30am On Aug 18, 2015
STEVENcrack:

Even the worst student can rise above the heavens.
You said and I quote "They moved from just using manual typewriters to using laptops and PC, and are able to make use of MS." Give this writer a chance and I bet u that she wud do better than those ur references. Let her start from somewhere and moreover who made u a judge over her.
Make sure you understand me before you quote me. I won't say more than that. This was the same way some of you defended three "graduates" of ESUT they were rejeted by their PPAs during their NYSC.
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by Danny4show(m): 10:32am On Aug 18, 2015
see me see something..
no be business centre? the writer sef funny..your IQ should tell you that you dont need any application letter..just go there in person..
Common business centre wey no be firm..You just wasted your fuckin ink...
now you come here to display your....

1 Like

Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by toolovely(m): 10:34am On Aug 18, 2015
and where did you see ond/hnd there?
gmacnoms:
it took me some tym to bcom concious of including on my mind, ond/hnd as graduates o.
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by slap1(m): 10:34am On Aug 18, 2015
STEVENcrack:

Don't mind them.

During my IT days I worked with 2 Bse microbiologists in view and they could not even defend the course just speaking high voltage english. My boss was always telling me to put them through.

During my NYSC I was awarded the best corper amidst the so called BSC.

I Enrolled for CCNA couRse something outside my field, After d 6months training(HiiT)ibadan I was d only one that finished with a distinction amidst the so called BSC.

Even my lecturer a BSC holder used my project work that I carried out without her supervision just her financial assistant to bag her masters

BSC is so overrated. D only difference is d professors and the latest modern facilities at your disposal bcoos of government interventions.

The best HND holder can challenge the best BSC.

It's about the individual, not the certificate. I have a bachelors degree in English Education ( but I'm hot o grin) and I have hyper-intelligent friends with HND; and they are better with the practical aspect of their course than some degree holders.
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by lukman22: 10:35am On Aug 18, 2015
He made it clear "O LEVEL"
himkers:
He came looking for job in the firm where I work. I laughed after reading his letter and I wonder what kind of graduates our institutions are churning out.
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by MztrChukwu(m): 10:35am On Aug 18, 2015
socialmediaman:
Applicant indicated "O level" not "Graduate". Misleading title

Lets focus on the real issue here. A primary six pupil should be able to write a formal letter properly not to talk of an O'Level holder. The education system really is decayed.

1 Like

Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by seangy4konji: 10:36am On Aug 18, 2015
The guy tried!!!
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by STEVENcrack(m): 10:37am On Aug 18, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Make sure you understand me before you quote me. I won't say more than that. This was the same way some of you defended three "graduates" of ESUT they were regeted by their PPAs during their NYSC.

Morals: no one is perfect.

And if you don't know it is normal to be rejected in your PPA. There are so many reasons for rejection and the academic assessment is just (one) of them.
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by MztrChukwu(m): 10:40am On Aug 18, 2015
ExInferis:
screw you, for an O level i think he really did well. You need to see what degree holders write.

the handwriting is better than mine sef.

Did you say he did well for an O'level holder? Huh?

We seriously need to quit applauding mediocrity in this society of ours. That letter is upper rubbish and i'd assume it was written by a first school leaving certificate holder. Shior!
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by Holluwatarhyor(m): 10:42am On Aug 18, 2015
Cutehector:
what course did you read please?
see your life outside,you mean what course did I studied....well I studied civil engineering and came out with distinction,if His excellency PMB can rule nigeria with a secondary school certificate,then I'm going places,I don't know about your sorry ass

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

He Was Interviewed In The Morning, Company Saw This On His Twitter Page Later / Leadway Assurance Graduate Trainee Test / NNPC 2011 Final Interview Successful Candidates Appointment Letters Finally Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.