Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office (66530 Views)

Ordeals Of A Nigerian Job Seeker In Pictures / CV Format For A Graduate Trainee Job Application / Dear Job Seeker, Don't Think Yourself Into Depression (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by Nobody: 10:42am On Aug 18, 2015
STEVENcrack:

" So called BSC"Apologies on that. Where are my manners!
I had to use it to refute a mention. The way the system ostracise and stigmatise HND is so poignant. And even d BSC are so dogged to envisage it.

I agree with you. HND holders should be allowed to prove their mettle too.
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by vickylala239: 10:46am On Aug 18, 2015
Jannie1999:
this one no be graduate at all

Did he say he is a graduate?

Where did you see graduate on his application?

Hmmmm.

He is just like you.
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by Cutehector(m): 10:47am On Aug 18, 2015
Holluwatarhyor:
see your life outside,you mean what course did I studied....well I studied civil engineering and came out with distinction,if His excellency PMB can rule nigeria with a secondary school certificate,then I'm going places,I don't know about your sorry ass
are you practicing in your area of specialization now?
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by Holluwatarhyor(m): 10:49am On Aug 18, 2015
gmacnoms:
it took me some tym to bcom concious of including on my mind, ond/hnd as graduates o.
I am an HND holder,if you like continue smoking your oshogbo weed,I'll beat you hands down intellectually anyday anytime.His excellency PMB is ruling Nigeria with a secondary school certificate,dumb ass angry
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by Nobody: 10:50am On Aug 18, 2015
I admire the writer. He was able to pass his message accros anyway.

Besides, can you employ a graduate and pay him well?

Write your own application letter without giving it to someone to proofread. Post it here and we'll see how good you are.

@Poster. Did you ever "carry expo" ? Am sure you did. The writer could be better and More intelligent than you.

2 Likes

Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:50am On Aug 18, 2015
STEVENcrack:

Morals: no one is perfect.

And if you don't know it is normal to be rejected in your PPA. There are so many reasons for rejection and the academic assessment is just (one) of them.
That is a typographical error. Did you know the grounds on which they were rejected? Go to google.
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by Holluwatarhyor(m): 10:51am On Aug 18, 2015
Cutehector:
are you practicing in your area of specialization now?
yeap,I'm a site engineer,let me just free you,because you seems to be a gentle guy
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by Obeenah(m): 10:52am On Aug 18, 2015
I am one who believes in giving a chance to one who deserves it. I bet not many could write anything near this at that level of competence after high school.

My take is if you want to higher an ssce holder you should look to being more than just his/her boss but one who guides their future. This guy can improve. He tried using such words as Tenacity et al showing he has a heart for learning.

I would advise you give him the job if it's a job requiring skill rather than writing.

#My2cents
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by STEVENcrack(m): 10:56am On Aug 18, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

That is a typographical error. Did you know the grounds on which they were rejected? Go to google.
And they are university graduates. Smh
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by Orikinla(m): 10:57am On Aug 18, 2015
Let us pray.
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by AbuMaryam1(m): 10:59am On Aug 18, 2015
taiwoliu:
stl looking for the e-copy of d book. Wl appreciate if u can help.
No Sir, I've a hardcopy bought from H-medics in Abuja, I think it was 3,500 I bought it.
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by Orikinla(m): 11:00am On Aug 18, 2015
Obeenah:
I am one who believes in giving a chance to one who deserves it. I bet not many could write anything near this at that level of competence after high school.

My take is if you want to higher an ssce holder you should look to being more than just his/her boss but one who guides their future. This guy can improve. He tried using such words as Tenacity et al showing he has a heart for learning.

I would advise you give him the job if it's a job requiring skill rather than writing.

#My2cents
. You used higher for hire.

1 Like

Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by Cutehector(m): 11:04am On Aug 18, 2015
Holluwatarhyor:
yeap,I'm a site engineer,let me just free you,because you seems to be a gentle guy
lol... I neva attacked u in d first place... We don't knw where we would meet tomorow... Last thing I'd do is to show off in social media
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by zikray: 11:08am On Aug 18, 2015
I believe the writer of this letter doesn't have an academically schooled grown up around him/her.
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by Cannonleo(m): 11:11am On Aug 18, 2015
himkers:
He came looking for job in the firm where I work. I laughed after reading his letter and I wonder what kind of graduates our institutions are churning out.
chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiii
and some would be the first to shout the word unemployment when they are perpetually unemployable grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by klassic(m): 11:12am On Aug 18, 2015
The so called Nigeria Graduates/critics of the applicant are worse off in my opinion cos we dont ever read. If you care to read the last paragraph of the applicant's letter, the writer says' with my O'level Certificate' He never held him self out as a graduate. So why not criticize the op who is holding the applicant out as a graduate, there tarnishing the good image of Nigeria graduates. And the funnest thing is that we are aiding him by not reading thru and thru the post and the letter.
We need to change.
Thanks
I rise.

himkers:
He came looking for job in the firm where I work. I laughed after reading his letter and I wonder what kind of graduates our institutions are churning out.

4 Likes

Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by Mcbussy(m): 11:13am On Aug 18, 2015
himkers:

OP, all I see in ur picture is "O" level certificate and experience. I can't spot any part that says d candidate is a graduate.

Are u sure ur a graduate urself? grin wink

1 Like

Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by Holluwatarhyor(m): 11:13am On Aug 18, 2015
Cutehector:
lol... I neva attacked u in d first place... We don't knw where we would meet tomorow... Last thing I'd do is to show off in social media
alright,safe bro
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by excess4luv: 11:14am On Aug 18, 2015
himkers:

i still don't know why all these over-hyping for BSC over HND. am a proud HND holder and has been able to beat at random a handful of BSC holders both practically and theoretically.
HND holders have over time proved their worth against the indiscriminational level an ordinary 2nd class graduate of BSC will pose.
moreover, someone should remind these folks that productivity is the requiremen of every employer of labour.
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by xtervaganza(m): 11:16am On Aug 18, 2015
but i kinda like his handwriting grin grin grin grin grin
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by taiwoliu(m): 11:24am On Aug 18, 2015
AbuMaryam1:

No Sir, I've a hardcopy bought from H-medics in Abuja, I think it was 3,500 I bought it.
k.....tnx, wl keep in mind
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by gmacnoms(m): 11:28am On Aug 18, 2015
Holluwatarhyor:
I am an HND holder,if you like continue smoking your oshogbo weed,I'll beat you hands down intellectually anyday anytime.His excellency PMB is ruling Nigeria with a secondary school certificate,dumb ass angry
please Ooooo, I ddnt mean it d way u guys r interpreting it. I respect u guys a lot ( hnd/nd), even though I declined an offer when I was lukin for admission years back. it's just that lyk 2yrs bak, Nytime I hear *graduate,ND or hnd doesn't cum to my mind. I know dey hav high intellect, but i'm jst sayin hw it was with me
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by adahgold(m): 11:34am On Aug 18, 2015
Trust me he or she will perform well.
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by klassic(m): 11:52am On Aug 18, 2015
...the critics of the applicant are worse off in my opinion cos we dont ever read. If you care to read the last paragraph of the applicant's letter, the writer says' with my O'level Certificate and experience '. He never held him self out as a graduate. So why not criticize the op who is holding the applicant out as a graduate, thereby tarnishing the good image of Nigeria graduates. And the funniest thing is that we are aiding him by not reading thru and thru the post and the letter.
We need to change.
Thanks
I rise.
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by Donaldomo(m): 11:57am On Aug 18, 2015
An insigia which explains the level of decadence in our educational system! An era when those who read and study excessively are given all sorts of names.
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by NoriegaQ(m): 12:45pm On Aug 18, 2015
STEVENcrack:

Don't mind them.

During my IT days I worked with 2 Bse microbiologists in view and they could not even defend the course just speaking high voltage english. My boss was always telling me to put them through.

During my NYSC I was awarded the best corper amidst the so called BSC.

I Enrolled for CCNA couRse something outside my field, After d 6months training(HiiT)ibadan I was d only one that finished with a distinction amidst the so called BSC.

Even my lecturer a BSC holder used my project work that I carried out without her supervision just her financial assistant to bag her masters

BSC is so overrated. D only difference is d professors and the latest modern facilities at your disposal bcoos of government interventions.

The best HND holder can challenge the best BSC.

Sorry to interrupt but there's nothing like a distinction in CCNA. You sound really bitter.
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by jerrymej(m): 12:52pm On Aug 18, 2015
Hey Hey Hey!!! OP don't tell me it's a graduate that did this play!...

Where can I confirm it? Pls @Admin.
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by ExInferis(m): 12:54pm On Aug 18, 2015
MztrChukwu:

Did you say he did well for an O'level holder? Huh?

We seriously need to quit applauding mediocrity in this society of ours. That letter is upper rubbish and i'd assume it was written by a first school leaving certificate holder. Shior!

That the Nigerian education system is broken is no fault of his. In the context of this decay, he did well.

Besides, Mr English, it's UTTER, not UPPER.
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by ExInferis(m): 12:58pm On Aug 18, 2015
989900:

Pardon me, but that sucks for a first school leaving cert. holder (Primary 6) even. I know many of my old uncles and aunts whose highest educational qualification is the old 'standard six', yet they have 'near flawless' writing skills.

Likewise, there are Grade 5 students who can do better than that.

I mean there are excusable flaws (we all have our foibles), but some are just inexcusable.

You cannot compare the standards of education back in the 60s and 70s to what obtains now. Heck even the 90s seem like some distant golden era.

besides, we cannot tell what school he went to, whether public or private. i've seen and read worse from socalled graduates here on NL.

1 Like

Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by Obeenah(m): 1:03pm On Aug 18, 2015
Orikinla:
. You used higher for hire.

Lol. Was an oversight. Besides my auto correct and I struggle to see who is smarter most of the time. Guess it got me again. Apologies.
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 18, 2015
He never said he was a graduate from the letter....... It said an 0-level holder. Ready probably, before making criticism..... Fucking op tongue
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 18, 2015
Perfect broadcaster What do you expect someone who is seeking for farming work to write on His application letter?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

He Was Interviewed In The Morning, Company Saw This On His Twitter Page Later / Leadway Assurance Graduate Trainee Test / NNPC 2011 Final Interview Successful Candidates Appointment Letters Finally Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.