Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March - Sports (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March (15263 Views)

Poll: Which country will win this and ride on to SA 2010?

Mozambique: 6% (6 votes)
Nigeria: 93% (83 votes)
This poll has ended

Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 / Caf U23 Championship Qualifier :Nigeria 0 Vs Congo 0 (Live) / Nigeria Vs South Africa : International Friendly : (1 - 1) On 29th March 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by PurestBoy(m): 5:44pm On Mar 29, 2009
nich:

so how did the match end.  

sorry i did not watch the match.  undecided

You are lucky to have missed the match!!
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by honeric01(m): 5:45pm On Mar 29, 2009
~Sauron~:

Do you know the effects of HIGH ALTITUDE to football players??
Go and do a research then get back to me.

Yes we can!!!!!
You can lose a game against a small team and beat a big team.
Football ain't arithmetic. Form on the day WINS.

It's too early to start predicting DOOM.
We could have won today's game and go on to lose the remaining group games.
Things will IMPROVE. Slow n steady wins the race.

Did the Moz players wear specially made oxygen mask while playing us? Nwaneri is the best of all our players today, why didn't your high attitude oppressed him too? the moz played us with pace, while we sat back and take in the pressure and defended all afternoon.

Nothing is too early when it has to do with qualification, i can't forget Germany 2006 incase you already forgot. Angola is there to remind me.

Sauron, how do you rate a good coach and a good team?

Point of correction, Argentina is 2nd, but in the range of qualification 5 top teams from the group. but ours is only ONE team.
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by honeric01(m): 5:54pm On Mar 29, 2009
~Sauron~:

U dunno your football.
Argentina is 2nd to Paraguay. Paraguay is 4 points ahead.
In this world cup qualifying campaign, Argentina has lost 2 group games
Paraguay has lost 2 group games as well which means Nigeria CAN also drop points and STILL go to the world cup.
Enough of all these knee-jerk reactions

so i don't know football because i missed just one point? and thanks for the correction, i forgot that, but that doesn't mean i don't know football.

dropping point in our case is DANGEROUS!!!. Start good, it boost the confidence of the team and the fans
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by Sauron1: 5:59pm On Mar 29, 2009
honeric01:

Did the Moz players wear specially made oxygen mask while playing us? Nwaneri is the best of all our players today, why didn't your high attitude oppressed him too? the moz played us with pace, while we sat back and take in the pressure and defended all afternoon.

It is their country. . . . . .They are used to it.

Nothing is too early when it has to do with qualification, i can't forget Germany 2006 incase you already forgot. Angola is there to remind me.

So in your view, Nigeria has blown her chance to qualify for South Africa after one game??

Sauron, how do you rate a good coach and a good team?

The same Amodu brought the Nigeria to the 2nd stage by winning all his games.
It's too early to judge. . . . .There are plenty of games to go round.

Point of correction, Argentina is 2nd, but in the range of qualification 5 top teams from the group. but ours is only ONE team.

Exactly. . . . . .If Tunisia lose their next game and Nigeria win then we have a chance.
The key is to win all our home games.
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by DjLisa: 6:01pm On Mar 29, 2009
Hello guys, am  the youngest coach ever and i want to give you a critical analysis of the match. First we startd with a 4-2-4 formation that is having only Mikel and Kaita in the center that shows our strength was clearly down the flanks. We looked battle ready in the opening minutes of the game but after like 20 minutes we succombed to th mambas. We have no enthusiasm to play for our country. The Mambas showed alot of inexperience which would have been ued to ur advantage but the formation Amodu gave these bos was not helping. All of  sudden we came to our 4-3-3 formation ie Ik uche, Martins and Nsofor meaning Odemwingie had to drop back to the Midfield to support Mikel but leaving a whole midfield to Sani Kaita was a huge task to the U-23 star. We all knew that martins was getting frustrated, what was an in-form Akpala doin on the bench, a Kanu who could change the game was no where to be found, a Kalu Uche with 7 goals in 9 matches for Almeria was on the bench. Amodu removed Odiah and brought in Apam to do what? We needed someone who could trouble the inexperienced mamba defence. When Femi Ajilore came in was for him to defend or attack. Nigeria has some problems: (1) An experienced coach. (2) A perfect and creative midfielder just like Xavi (3) A sharp striker just like Yakubu or Anichebe (4) A natural defensive midfielder. What I expected Amodu to play as a good tactian he claimed to be was a 4-2-1-3 i.e having our normal defence line Nwaneri-Shittu-Taiwo-Odiah, Mikel&Kaita in the defensive role leaving kalu uche with a free role with Martins, Odemwingie and Ik Uche up front. Dj Lisa
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by Nobody: 6:10pm On Mar 29, 2009
@dj lisa ur head correct gbam infact na u go bcome da next mourhino
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by LuCiA2(f): 6:12pm On Mar 29, 2009
did i ever mention i was Nigerian? sorry, that was a mistake. tongue
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by cabali(m): 6:13pm On Mar 29, 2009
Why do u guys still waste your leisures watching the 'super' eagles??

We dont have a team anymore. . . even Okocha admitted to this. Like I keep saying, it is better we dont ever qualify untill we are ready to come up with a TEAM.

Mark my words: we cant get past the first round of any world cup till we do what is right.
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 29, 2009
Mark my words: we cant get past the first round of any world cup till we do what is right.

What is right is that we need a Good Technical Coach!

That team that played against Mozambique is the best we can provide for now.

Poor performances with those bunch of staRS! men he geT as he be!
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by ajekpaks(m): 6:20pm On Mar 29, 2009
This one wey una dey talk, self

All those boiz na butty, Mozambique players na kpako all of them be

~Sauron~:

Do you know the effects of HIGH ALTITUDE to football players??
Go and do a research then get back to me.

Yes we can!!!!!
You can lose a game against a small team and beat a big team.
Football ain't arithmetic. Form on the day WINS.

It's too early to start predicting DOOM.
We could have won today's game and go on to lose the remaining group games.
Things will IMPROVE. Slow n steady wins the race.

So because of high attitude abi na altitude Nigeria no go come qualify ??

you forget say all the matches na for africa, Naija Attidude high too, kenya own too, I no too shure for Tunisia

so make we kukuma go slip because we go lose all awa games
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by honeric01(m): 6:21pm On Mar 29, 2009
Pathetic, wait until the next match,

IF

IF

IF

IF RWANDA BEAT ANGOLA AND WE WIN OUR LAST MATCH

COST US THE TICKET TO GERMANY 2006,
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by cabali(m): 6:27pm On Mar 29, 2009
Very soon you will all find out we are wasting our time.

I refuse to support a group of footballers playing for my country just because they are.

High or low altitude we do not have a team! it will be an insult to the entire continent if we qualify
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by honeric01(m): 6:31pm On Mar 29, 2009
LuC!A:

did i ever mention i was Nigerian? sorry, that was a mistake.  tongue

So?
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by proudly9ja(m): 6:34pm On Mar 29, 2009
After one game we have started permutation and combination again? lol, Nawa for NFF and Amodu.

The truth is, Amodu is not competent enough to take us to the World Cup. Don't misunderstand me, he is a good coach but the Super Eagles is just too big for him to handle. The same way the Flying Eagles is too big for Bosso.

With this same team, a good coach will do wonders.  For those saying this is just the first game, Ild like to remind them of Angola. I need say nothing more.

Anyways, there is hope. We can and will still make it to the World Cup but it will have nothing to do with Amodu, it will have a lot to do with the boys. They need to realise that the world cup is as important to them as it is to us. The fans must also realise that rather than keep quiet and siddon look, we should egin to make all the noise we can. We did it in Bosso's case and he was sacked. Im not saying Amodu should be sacked but our noise will make them realise that the 'thing dey pain us'.
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by Falciparum(m): 6:36pm On Mar 29, 2009
Whats the diff between Amodu and siasia? Technicality, Siasia had a less experience team and he pulled his first stunt in holland. Now we've got an experienced team and an unexperienced coach. Our coach was asked by a journalist why he didn't call up some Nigerians abroad he said he doesn't know them so he'll stick with the ones he knows. Now thats an unprofessional answer. We need someone who has won laurels not past like Betti but present, Someone we could believe in someone who has learnt at the feet of great men and not to expensive. We've got the player but no one to coordinate and motivate them its terrible. Just like all thats within d country.
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by proudly9ja(m): 6:40pm On Mar 29, 2009
I think you guys need to watch Cote DIvoire, maybe we will realise just how bad the Super Eagles are at the moment

http://www.justin.tv/diffuseur/popout
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by Sauron1: 6:45pm On Mar 29, 2009
proudly9ja:

I think you guys need to watch Cote DIvoire, maybe we will realise just how bad the Super Eagles are at the moment

http://www.justin.tv/diffuseur/popout

Cote D'Ivore is playing on their soil. . . . . . .It will be a disgrace if they don't win their HOME GAMES.
Show us their AWAY games before you start to compare.
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by dayokanu(m): 6:55pm On Mar 29, 2009
When was the last home game Nigeria played well? Was it Nigeria vs Uganda where we had to rob Ugandans to win in Abeokuta
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by blackshow(m): 6:57pm On Mar 29, 2009
may be if their allowances are increase ,our players wil perform better
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by lexyman(m): 7:11pm On Mar 29, 2009
i think u guys should stop watching super eagles match.they've played their best since 1994. angry angry angry
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by ikeyman00(m): 7:15pm On Mar 29, 2009
yall can talk till cloud opens up, but emm the truth is siasia should be the right man, denying it, hmm is like denyin qualification, amodu just dnt have the egde, u can piture the way he thinks, whenever hes being question by the press, that alone makes u sick!

lets be honest plz that aint about aquiring private jet! shocked
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by proudly9ja(m): 7:18pm On Mar 29, 2009
@Sauron,

Let's not argue about this. Its not about Cote D'Ivoire winning, its about the way they play. They play AS A TEAM. I tell you, even if we had lost today but played with determination and as a team, I wouldn't have felt this bad. Honestly.

Considering that the bulk of this team has been together for years and we still play kick and follow football We had so many corner kicks and played all of them the same way!!! For goodness sakes, what do they do in training?

And maybe you don't know, Amodu's monthly salary is about two million naira per month!! Each of those players will collect at least 2000dollars for drawing this game. What do we as Nigerians gain?? Just the joy of winning! Therefore, we have every right to complain and vent our spleens when we are not
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by ikeyman00(m): 7:18pm On Mar 29, 2009
lexyman
i think u guys should stop watching super eagles match.they've played their best since  1994.  

and when was the last time u saw like about four fresh legs in eagles sourced from home base!

desist from talkin from ur ass, the replica of super-eagle could be liking to the failed state of nigeria
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by mykali(m): 7:27pm On Mar 29, 2009
i thought i was being patriotic when i predicted a lousy 1-0 scoreline  undecided undecided undecided
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by PurestBoy(m): 8:12pm On Mar 29, 2009
You can't blame them please! Someone just stole the money that was supposed to be shared for them
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by adejonny: 8:19pm On Mar 29, 2009
What was Kalu Uche doing on the bench when our midfield was completely non existent. If we can not beat Moz away is itTunisia we can beat in Tunis. I am beginning to fear for Nigeria qualification. Amodu needs help!!!!

We still do not have a midfield
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by Nobody: 8:26pm On Mar 29, 2009
ALL WE ARE SAYING,
SACK AMODUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by Gbangba: 8:28pm On Mar 29, 2009
Guys, what do you expect from this men called boys, 95% of them are bench warmers in their club, they'v not played an active game over time. Abeg, mk we just flush dem jare!
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by mystikal(m): 8:34pm On Mar 29, 2009
wts all these talk about Mozambique's weather, Maputo was only abt 27deg. both teams could play under d conditions. abuja averages 33 deg

We shd be concerned bearing in mind how last edition of WC qualification went. An away draw wldnt be a bad result, but given tht Tunisia is in our group, and only 1 team qualifies, we shd be concerned;very concerned.
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by Nobody: 8:52pm On Mar 29, 2009
Please no one should blame Amodu o, Besides he can not give what he does not have. he is performing to his full ability.

blame the nigerian football federation. everyone knows that amodu wasnt meant to be the coach of the national team, it should have been keshi, but the federation wanted someone who they could control

as long as the Federation leaders remain the same nothing will change in nigerian football. those guys dont have the interest of football at heart. they are just there for the foreign trips, estacodes and other perks of office.

please no one shld blame amodu, blame the FA. as for me, i'd rather watch stoke city play in the premiership than watch nigeria.
as long as the leadership of the NFF remains the same things wont change, i personally hope we dont qualify for the world cup cos we'll just put up a disgraceful performance whilst the NFF officialss will be makin their money from their estacode to the world cup.

it's a shame really.
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by boladonas(m): 9:01pm On Mar 29, 2009
Friends, Except something drastic is done to this HAPLESS EAGLES
Nigeria will be missing in action in South Africa
I think Under 20 Eagles will have done better
No Midfield, No game plan, No fire power!!!
Lets hope to see Eagles improve!!!
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by galatico(m): 9:03pm On Mar 29, 2009
Super Chickens where lucky to have escaped with a draw, Mozambique should have beaten those wingless eagles,

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Nigeria Beat South Africa 3-2, Qualify For Quarter Final Of Under 17 Nations Cup / AFCON: Rangers ‘Looking To Strike Deal’ With Nigerian FA Over Nigerian Trio / Brazil Women Players To Get Equal Pay As Men

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57