Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,766 members, 7,806,097 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:22 AM

Customs Chief Resigns. "I Am Not Scared Of Anybody"he Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Customs Chief Resigns. "I Am Not Scared Of Anybody"he Says (706 Views)

We Are Warning You Now| Senate Compels Customs Chief Hameed Ali To Appear B4 Dem / Ex-customs Chief Accuses CCT Boss Of Corruption, Bias / Lol. Nigerians Mock Femi Adesina After He Says Buhari Will Appoint Ministers In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Customs Chief Resigns. "I Am Not Scared Of Anybody"he Says by misreal(m): 6:42am On Aug 18, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari has accepted the resignation of the Comptroller-General of the Nigeria Customs Service, Alhaji Dikko Abdullahi.

With the acceptance, Abdullahi is expected to proceed on voluntary retirement from Tuesday (today).

He had earlier written a letter dated August 3 to the President in which he notified Buhari of his desire to proceed on voluntary retirement from Tuesday.

Buhari’s approval of Abdullahi’s request was dated August 14 and personally signed by the President.

He thanked the NCS boss for his services to the country in the last six years.

The President’s letter was titled, “Voluntary retirement from the Nigeria Customs Service.”

The approval read, “Dear, Alhaji D.I. Abdullahi. I write to acknowledge the receipt of your letter Ref. No. NCS/ADM/HQ/P. 35802 of 3rd August, 2015 conveying your decision to voluntarily retire from the Nigeria Customs Service with effect from Tuesday, August 18, 2015.

“I note with appreciation your services to this nation, especially as the Comptroller-General of the Nigeria Customs Service in the last six years.

“Accordingly, I hereby approve your voluntary retirement from the Nigeria Customs Service with effect from 18th of August, 2015.

“I wish you the very best in your future endeavours.

“Yours sincerely, Muhammadu Buhari.”

Abdullahi had in his letter to the President thanked him for the confidence and trust reposed on him since he (Buhari) was inaugurated on May 29.

He said by August 18, he would be six years in office as the Comptroller-General of the NCS.

He recalled that on assumption of office, he articulated a six-point agenda which he vigorously pursued.

He said the agenda had positively impacted on the efficiency and performance of officers of the service and had drastically changed the negative perception of the service.

He listed the six-point agenda to include capacity building, introduction of e-Customs, enhancing productivity through improved welfare package, moral rebirth for discipline and integrity in service, collaboration and partnering stakeholders and international organisations, as well as fostering understanding of the Service in the eye of the general public using an intensified and a well-coordinated public relations platform.

He added that the decision to resign “is taken with a view to allowing young people to take over the mantle of leadership of the service in order to sustain and improve on my legacy.”

The President has yet to name Abdullahi’s successor at the time of filing this report.

Speaking with State House correspondents shortly after paying a farewell visit to President Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja on Monday, Abdullahi said he had nothing to fear about the ongoing investigation of revenue-earning agencies being conducted by the Federal Government.

Abdullahi said revenue appreciated under his watch by 20 per cent.

He said, “The only way the NCS can move forward is by sacrifice; to give chance to others so that they can continue with the legacy that we have up in place.

“Revenue appreciated by 20 per cent from when I took over and the officers that did the work are still around and I think that the NCS, I stand to be corrected, is the only service that is fully automated in the system of operation.

“We have no fear. The time I’m leaving is the time I feel those young ones that have developed the software can manage the software.

“So, that is basically the reason.”

Copyright PUNCH.All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.

Re: Customs Chief Resigns. "I Am Not Scared Of Anybody"he Says by Nobody: 6:43am On Aug 18, 2015
Re: Customs Chief Resigns. "I Am Not Scared Of Anybody"he Says by 48noble(m): 6:43am On Aug 18, 2015
C
Re: Customs Chief Resigns. "I Am Not Scared Of Anybody"he Says by NoRetreat(m): 6:43am On Aug 18, 2015
He needs not to be afraid of anybody but his own shadow will soon be chasing him.
Re: Customs Chief Resigns. "I Am Not Scared Of Anybody"he Says by boboLIL(m): 6:45am On Aug 18, 2015
Don't mind them
Re: Customs Chief Resigns. "I Am Not Scared Of Anybody"he Says by deadZONE: 6:45am On Aug 18, 2015
''CUSTOMER'' or ''CUSTOMS''
bullshit.

1 Like

Re: Customs Chief Resigns. "I Am Not Scared Of Anybody"he Says by dammytosh: 6:48am On Aug 18, 2015
Voluntary Retirement ?

Is he a Togolese ? Cos Nigerians don't resign voluntarily
Re: Customs Chief Resigns. "I Am Not Scared Of Anybody"he Says by eagleeye2: 6:48am On Aug 18, 2015
Ohhhhhhh....... Why Customer go resign naw? who go buy my goods then? Moreover this 'Customer Chief' no fear anybody.......mtcheww.
Re: Customs Chief Resigns. "I Am Not Scared Of Anybody"he Says by merbenko: 6:49am On Aug 18, 2015
Please someone should read the headline for me
Re: Customs Chief Resigns. "I Am Not Scared Of Anybody"he Says by LordMecuzy(m): 6:49am On Aug 18, 2015
Customer Chief for MTN or FCMB
Re: Customs Chief Resigns. "I Am Not Scared Of Anybody"he Says by misreal(m): 6:52am On Aug 18, 2015
deadZONE:
''CUSTOMER'' or ''CUSTOMS''
bullshit.
crydon't mind this Android phones. Thanks anyways

1 Like

Re: Customs Chief Resigns. "I Am Not Scared Of Anybody"he Says by oshinadekunle(m): 7:02am On Aug 18, 2015
Six years in office is too much, na his baba work?
Re: Customs Chief Resigns. "I Am Not Scared Of Anybody"he Says by misreal(m): 7:04am On Aug 18, 2015
oshinadekunle:
Six years in office is too much, na his baba work?
lol
Re: Customs Chief Resigns. "I Am Not Scared Of Anybody"he Says by misreal(m): 7:04am On Aug 18, 2015
dammytosh:
Voluntary Retirement ?

Is he a Togolese ? Cos Nigerians don't resign voluntarily
m also surprised
Re: Customs Chief Resigns. "I Am Not Scared Of Anybody"he Says by Blakjewelry(m): 7:14am On Aug 18, 2015
The proliferation of news these days is worrisome

(1) (Reply)

Buhari's Anti-graft War: A Pot Calling Kettle Black / Probe: Buyers Shun Rich Civil Servants’ Properties / Tinubu Swallows Pride, Begs Saraki’s Help For Fowler

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.