Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,944 members, 7,806,728 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

How To Make Money Quick In The Music Industry As A Record Label/producer..,,,, - Music Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Music Business / How To Make Money Quick In The Music Industry As A Record Label/producer..,,,, (1515 Views)

How To Get Signed By A Record Label / Professional Music Producer / New Studio Opened Also With A Record Label To Sign Artist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make Money Quick In The Music Industry As A Record Label/producer..,,,, by magicminister: 7:44am On Aug 18, 2015
I will keep this short and straight to the point.

1- make a great song. Good songs are everywhere. Great songs only come like once -thrice a year.

2- promote promote promote. Artist promotion is the hardest part. We are not here for that.

3- register with a royalty collecting body. They are the ones that make sure you do not get ripped off and your income is duly paid to you. GLO or any other brand uses your sound for advert, they gotta pay. Your caller tunes income will not enter voicemail, sale of your e-album or track will be duly registered and income will be remitted to you.

4- Producers should do the same. You own the beat, the artist owns the voice, you have right to a certain percent of the income generated from the song you produced. This is where you enter into joint agreement with the artist.

Start small.

For a producer, you could start by requesting 50 percent of caller tunes income and 5 percent of itunes album sales income. Once this is signed, register with a royalty collecting agency.

Lots of artist made hell load of cash just by releasing singles.
Once you have the plan right, you do not need an album to survive.
Now you know why artistes and big record label have reduced the way they drop albums.

If you need more guidance, tag me or send me a mail on icevillebeatz@gmail.com

Im only doing this cos im tired of seeing young bloods getting ripped off.
Re: How To Make Money Quick In The Music Industry As A Record Label/producer..,,,, by AsherStorm(m): 1:07pm On Aug 25, 2015
magicminister:

1- make a great song. Good songs are everywhere. Great songs only come like once -thrice a year.

2- promote promote promote. Artist promotion is the hardest part. We are not here for that.

3- register with a royalty collecting body. They are the ones that make sure you do not get ripped off and your income is duly paid to you. GLO or any other brand uses your sound for advert, they gotta pay. Your caller tunes income will not enter voicemail, sale of your e-album or track will be duly registered and income will be remitted to you.

4- Producers should do the same. You own the beat, the artist owns the voice, you have right to a certain percent of the income generated from the song you produced. This is where you enter into joint agreement with the artist.

Start small.

For a producer, you could start by requesting 50 percent of caller tunes income and 5 percent of itunes album sales income. Once this is signed, register with a royalty collecting agency.

Now you know why artistes and big record label have reduced the way they drop albums.

Boss, been a while tho...
My music studio is ready and about to project the name Stormerz Record
Re: How To Make Money Quick In The Music Industry As A Record Label/producer..,,,, by magicminister: 1:12pm On Aug 25, 2015
AsherStorm:

Boss, been a while tho...
My music studio is ready and about to project the name Stormerz Record

Wooow.. that is nice.
Where is the location?
If its nice, I can drive traffic to you cos im over booked for now...
Re: How To Make Money Quick In The Music Industry As A Record Label/producer..,,,, by AsherStorm(m): 1:35pm On Aug 25, 2015
magicminister:

Wooow.. that is nice.
Where is the location?
If its nice, I can drive traffic to you cos im over booked for now...

Hahaha boss...
My location is abeokuta and I think its only a few of your artists that can travel down from lagos for production...
I really appreciate tho

Help spread the word to your people in ogun state sir
#Stormerz Records
Re: How To Make Money Quick In The Music Industry As A Record Label/producer..,,,, by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 5:51pm On Jan 02, 2016
magicminister:

Start small.

pls I'd like to reach you. I'm into gospel & inspirational music but got no demo yet. just the hard copy. How do I go about these things, I'm a novice in this. pls

(1) (Reply)

Notice!!! Notice!!! Studio Equipments For Great Price / Promote Your Video/Audio Online free / I Need A Backup Singer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.