Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,123 members, 7,807,400 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:07 PM

She Did Not Plan To Die (TRIBUTE To My Beloved Grandma Mrs Charity Nnoli ) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Did Not Plan To Die (TRIBUTE To My Beloved Grandma Mrs Charity Nnoli ) (53653 Views)

Mrs Charity Aiyedogbon Is Missing (photo) / PHOTO: Mrs Charity Aiyedogbon Is Missing / This Lagos Bride Wanted Her Late Mum To Be Part Of Her Wedding, So She Did This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

She Did Not Plan To Die (TRIBUTE To My Beloved Grandma Mrs Charity Nnoli ) by ddddon(m): 9:28am On Aug 18, 2015
Who am I to complain when the creator of Heaven and Earth have spoken, who am I to question God on the time and method he chooses in calling one of his own.

And yesterday, Monday 17th of August my dearest and beloved grandma was called by her Creator, her Alpha and Omega, her Comforter, the only love she ever had since the death of her husband many many years ago. Dear Lord, who am I to question you, for I am like a pencil in your hand and like you did with my grandma, you can call me anytime you deem fit, same like everyone reading this right now.

Nne Odukor, I might not be with you in your last days, but I know for sure that it was not in your plans to leave us this soon....(crying) you never planned to die, who dies on their way to Church? (sobbing) but my grandma did anyway, she was not strong physically, yet she won't miss Morning prayers in the church, that's how much she loved God and everything God related, her voice due to old age might not be that sweet and slickly but she would always want to lead every song during morning prayers.

And on 17th of August, I guess God could not take it anymore he had to call His servant to come join Him in the throne of Grace and it was that humble call my grandma obeyed as she slump on her way to Church.

Big Mama (as me and my siblings fondly call her), I bless God for making me know you from my childhood to adult age, you taught me things no school could have ever taught me. You brought up my mum with the fear of the Lord and till date my mum is yet and will never deviate from your teachings.

You were never a rich woman, but the little you had then you always share with me when ever am going to school( such a mother), when ever am in Oba but I don't come to visit you in Umumpama you complain to my parents, because you always love your grandchildren being around you.

Nne, I know you never planned on dying at least not for now, for once I know God took you by surprised, He did not tell you how badly he wanted you in his kingdom. if He did, I know you would have summoned your children and grandchildren to have your last moment with us. I know you would have led us in praise and worship and as usual you will start with "good morning Jesus" and the way you sing it was funny then but right now, Nnem please I miss that voice of yours, please come sing for us once more, i promise i won't laugh.

Ezinne, I miss you. Your memory will forever remain in my heart, in tears i write this today, but in joy will I tell my children (your great-grand children) about you. Nne, you lived a good life, we that are left to mourn you are highly proud of you, we loved you for you have first loved us.

God bless you Grandma (Odukor)
God bless you Nne
God bless you Mrs Charity Nnoli

And may your gentle soul continue to rest in the Lord's blossom. Amen

With love from your Grandson

Arinze Esomnofu.

3 Likes

Re: She Did Not Plan To Die (TRIBUTE To My Beloved Grandma Mrs Charity Nnoli ) by ddddon(m): 9:30am On Aug 18, 2015
Grandma and my sisters

1 Like

Re: She Did Not Plan To Die (TRIBUTE To My Beloved Grandma Mrs Charity Nnoli ) by Sleekbaby(f): 1:03pm On Aug 18, 2015
Rest in Peace granny.

(1) (Reply)

Marriage List Of A Community In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) / Katsina Man Divorces Wife For Allowing Male Doctor Attend To Her During Delivery / 17 Pictures That Will Only Make Sense To People Who Grew Up In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.