Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,209 members, 7,807,703 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:44 PM

Ponmo Consumption: Nigeria Losing Out Of $75bn Global Leather Industry - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ponmo Consumption: Nigeria Losing Out Of $75bn Global Leather Industry (12085 Views)

Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo / Lady Loses N5million She Was Paid After Losing Job To Church Micro-finance Bank / Where To Buy Fried Dried Ponmo In Bulk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ponmo Consumption: Nigeria Losing Out Of $75bn Global Leather Industry by Goddygee(m): 11:29am On Aug 18, 2015
Feranmicharles:
Una mad niangry if na 4 our stomach we chop d $75BN no wahala embarassed instead of us to lose the $75BN into the hands of corrupt leaderssad

Leave us,we like am like thatsad
abi o, na tru na

1 Like

Re: Ponmo Consumption: Nigeria Losing Out Of $75bn Global Leather Industry by Bollinger(m): 11:29am On Aug 18, 2015
But at least the nation is being fed.
Re: Ponmo Consumption: Nigeria Losing Out Of $75bn Global Leather Industry by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 18, 2015
Feranmicharles:
who be dis one now U chop sumtin??
I chop sumtingrin? cheesygrin
Re: Ponmo Consumption: Nigeria Losing Out Of $75bn Global Leather Industry by Nobody: 11:32am On Aug 18, 2015
Come if na play make una stop am...

How dare FG say they lose money,how is that my business..the one you people earned how have it helped in making my life comfortable in terms of health care and social benefits....

I love ponmo and will continue to..

Don't hijack cows thereby high hiking the price it won't be funny,it would be resisted
Re: Ponmo Consumption: Nigeria Losing Out Of $75bn Global Leather Industry by Decibel: 11:32am On Aug 18, 2015
This is the main reason why "we" voted "our" son Osinbajo to protect our interest in a situation like this should FG tries banning its consumption in our region.
Re: Ponmo Consumption: Nigeria Losing Out Of $75bn Global Leather Industry by elguaje(m): 11:32am On Aug 18, 2015
Ponmo,that tasteless crap.i hate it! angry
Re: Ponmo Consumption: Nigeria Losing Out Of $75bn Global Leather Industry by coldsummer: 11:33am On Aug 18, 2015
themosthigh:
[size=18pt]As far as we make more money selling kpomo in the local market than exporting it,we will eat it till we die.

just see how they want to increase the price of ponmo
[/size]

KORRET!!!
Re: Ponmo Consumption: Nigeria Losing Out Of $75bn Global Leather Industry by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 18, 2015
AdesinaOlajide:
Don't even go there FG.
ayam salivating oo. Abi na ao dem dey call amcheesygrin

1 Like

Re: Ponmo Consumption: Nigeria Losing Out Of $75bn Global Leather Industry by AdesinaOlajide(m): 11:35am On Aug 18, 2015
vheMa:
ayam salivating oo. Abi na ao dem dey call amcheesygrin
Lol...you're very correct
Re: Ponmo Consumption: Nigeria Losing Out Of $75bn Global Leather Industry by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 18, 2015
Our Yoruba bros dem no wan hear dis lubbish grin
Re: Ponmo Consumption: Nigeria Losing Out Of $75bn Global Leather Industry by wristbangle: 11:37am On Aug 18, 2015
smkgeovarni:
Wailing wailer won't like diz angry

grin grin

Wetin bring wailing wailers 4 this issue again.

Werey!!
Re: Ponmo Consumption: Nigeria Losing Out Of $75bn Global Leather Industry by sukkot: 11:38am On Aug 18, 2015
for the love of ponmo some would kill their own brother
for the love of ponmo some would rob their own mother
dont let ponmo change you
almighty ponmo

THE O JAYS

1 Like

Re: Ponmo Consumption: Nigeria Losing Out Of $75bn Global Leather Industry by Feranmicharles(m): 11:38am On Aug 18, 2015
iphanyiuma:
this is the only reasonable comment av seen you comment in your life gringrin
grincheesy at least I comment onegrincheesy. Thank youcheesy
Re: Ponmo Consumption: Nigeria Losing Out Of $75bn Global Leather Industry by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 18, 2015
Feranmicharles:
Una mad niangry if na 4 our stomach we chop d $75BN no wahala embarassed instead of us to lose the $75BN into the hands of corrupt leaderssad

Correct guy

2 Likes

Re: Ponmo Consumption: Nigeria Losing Out Of $75bn Global Leather Industry by Smartjeezy(m): 11:42am On Aug 18, 2015
FrankValency:
I swear,without Ponmo "Ndi Ofe Mmanu" can't survive o,abeg leave them o,rice 20,ewa(beans) 20,macaroni 10,Ponmo 50.......... That's how 100 naira can be used to full belle,abeg e better than wasting it by govt.
Re: Ponmo Consumption: Nigeria Losing Out Of $75bn Global Leather Industry by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 18, 2015
Oniranu...

Awon oshi

So all the billions they have been losing to corrupt practices do not matter? It is now ponmo, chai! Fresh soft ponmo, brown ponmo, my ponmo, my precious?

Stvpidity is cashing these officials.

2 Likes

Re: Ponmo Consumption: Nigeria Losing Out Of $75bn Global Leather Industry by Smartjeezy(m): 11:44am On Aug 18, 2015
FrankValency:
I swear,without Ponmo "Ndi Ofe Mmanu" can't survive o,abeg leave them o,rice 20,ewa(beans) 20,macaroni 10,Ponmo 50.......... That's how 100 naira can be used to full belle,abeg e better than wasting it by govt.
your daftness and stupidit*y is legendary! Anu Ewu...

1 Like

Re: Ponmo Consumption: Nigeria Losing Out Of $75bn Global Leather Industry by rabzy: 11:46am On Aug 18, 2015
What is the nutritional value of cocacola....make una leave ponmo ooo. The value is in the eating....secretary association of Agemeran eaters.
Re: Ponmo Consumption: Nigeria Losing Out Of $75bn Global Leather Industry by RedEagle: 11:55am On Aug 18, 2015
I don't think it is right to blame ponmo for our inability to improve the leather supply chain.
Re: Ponmo Consumption: Nigeria Losing Out Of $75bn Global Leather Industry by jwils(m): 11:56am On Aug 18, 2015
smkgeovarni:
Wailing wailer won't like diz angry
did you read this post at all .. .. Na so you go dey write different thing for exams instead of the real one undecided
Re: Ponmo Consumption: Nigeria Losing Out Of $75bn Global Leather Industry by FrankValency(m): 11:57am On Aug 18, 2015
Smartjeezy:
your daftness and stupidit*y is legendary and a first class! Anu Ewu
I wonder y people go around with fake identity,imagine u with "smartjeezy" but in real ,a gutter rat is smarter than u,is it that u can't read well or ur English teacher skipped comprehension and summary from ur syllabus?? Ur a first class degree holder in DULLARDism with specialization in FOOLISHness. Did I mention ur dumb ass name,fool,if u ever quote me again eh?

1 Like

Re: Ponmo Consumption: Nigeria Losing Out Of $75bn Global Leather Industry by demmy66: 11:57am On Aug 18, 2015
AmakaDNB:
grin grin grin Check ma signature
we go see ponmo there?
Re: Ponmo Consumption: Nigeria Losing Out Of $75bn Global Leather Industry by Realdeals(m): 12:03pm On Aug 18, 2015
So we are not savings anything from eating Ponmo? What about those doing business with it!! At least it's not been thrown away
Re: Ponmo Consumption: Nigeria Losing Out Of $75bn Global Leather Industry by Feranmicharles(m): 12:10pm On Aug 18, 2015
Imanuelle:

Correct guy
na hin sure pass nacheesygrin
Re: Ponmo Consumption: Nigeria Losing Out Of $75bn Global Leather Industry by Christianwalase: 12:11pm On Aug 18, 2015
Feranmicharles:

grin
Re: Ponmo Consumption: Nigeria Losing Out Of $75bn Global Leather Industry by j1mmy: 12:14pm On Aug 18, 2015
coldsummer:
i see. so if you divide the $75bn by the number of countries in this world, how much would be in nigeria. how many people will benefit from business, how many people can access funds to start a business.

abeg allow us eat wetin we enjoy.

“‘kpomo’ Is Dangerous To Health” – Health Official

Mr Isuwa Adamu, the Director-General, Nigerian Institute of Leather Science and Technology (NILEST), Zaria today warned against the consumption of animal hides and skin locally known as ponmo. According to him, ponmo is dangerous to health because it has no nutritional value and it has been proven scientifically.
“In fact, it is not advisable for you to consume ponmo in the sense that some of the animals killed and used for ponmo actually have skin diseases.
“Some of the animals because of the ailments that they have gone through, are sometimes treated by way of injection with chemicals.
“People don’t allow these chemicals to complete its cycle and be removed from the body; they sometimes go ahead to kill these animals.
“So, if you consume the ponmo, the tendency is that you are consuming the chemicals directly because the skin part of the animal retains most of the harmful substances.
Re: Ponmo Consumption: Nigeria Losing Out Of $75bn Global Leather Industry by Nobody: 12:15pm On Aug 18, 2015
AdesinaOlajide:
Lol...you're very correct
grincheesy u get 4 hand ni?cheesy
Re: Ponmo Consumption: Nigeria Losing Out Of $75bn Global Leather Industry by Afritop(m): 12:18pm On Aug 18, 2015
They want us to stop eating ponmo so that they can pocket the 75 billion dollar profit they will get from it. Though they were able to embezzle oil money because we left that for them to manage. I will not surrender ponmo for them to make use of as business. Ponmo is better managed in pot of stew

2 Likes

Re: Ponmo Consumption: Nigeria Losing Out Of $75bn Global Leather Industry by holluwai(m): 12:20pm On Aug 18, 2015
Amaka abi amala? tongue

HsLBroker:
Amaka joint owners will protest against this.
Re: Ponmo Consumption: Nigeria Losing Out Of $75bn Global Leather Industry by oyetunder(m): 12:25pm On Aug 18, 2015
The oil income nko? What one eats is not what he sells. Simple, let invest in cattle rearing so as to have enof for consumption and exportation.
Re: Ponmo Consumption: Nigeria Losing Out Of $75bn Global Leather Industry by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 18, 2015
we just love the kpomo...
Re: Ponmo Consumption: Nigeria Losing Out Of $75bn Global Leather Industry by AdesinaOlajide(m): 12:35pm On Aug 18, 2015
vheMa:
grincheesy u get 4 hand ni?cheesy
I get now,where your location? wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Plastic Making In Nigeria? / Petrol subsidy increases by 2,000% in one year / POS Transaction Failures Threaten Cashless Policy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.