Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? (58740 Views)

Women, Childbirth And Laziness / Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had / Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Nobody: 4:21am On Oct 14, 2010
ada24:

in fact if a machine is invented in the next 2 months that allows the pain to be transferred to another human being I will happily sign up for that as well, if
LMAO you are not alone. if that was to be the case, I would transfer mine to the father of the child grin

ada24:

if childbirth is more painful than this pregnancy i'm carrying abeg someone should just drug me now.
I hope everything goes fine and don't forget to tell us the experience wink
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by mutter(f): 9:36am On Oct 14, 2010
ada 24,
childbirth is painful, but the pain is bearable.
You need to think of it as a natural process and wipe away your fears. Fear makes the body rigid and you only feel more pain.
There are breathing techniques and you can read about them in the internet or go for classes. You need to maintain controlled breathing and deep into the stomach.
Contractions come and go and in between the you feel nothing. It`s just like painful menstrual pain. The time between the contractions shortens towards the end. That`s when it gets hard but then comes the urge to push.
Besides it is also very important not to have to maintain a certain position but to be able to move around the way you want to. It also helps having your husband or someone else there with you.
I have had several kids and accompanied women birthing and I can assure you it was just fine. The pain is bearable.
With my first kid I did not even know it was contractions, just felt this feeling of heaviness in the lower tummy on and off.
I did not even know when the baby was about to come, just kept telling the doctors i needed to go the toilet. But then it was the baby. I had heard so many stories that I kept waiting for this unbearable pain, but then it was all over.
When I had my last kid it was really funny. I had been having contractions so I knew it was time. I was just giving my kids dinner and suddenly this contraction came I just had to bend over and my little boy kept yelling, do you want to make a poo mum. I had a a good laugh really, because he had been having constipation and that was about the look he had on his face, when he make a poo.
Thank God my husband worked through the door, because my baby came less than an hour before we got to the clinic.
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Wumine(f): 12:45am On Oct 15, 2010
Its painful, very very. You can't put it in words but can only experience it. But the most joyful thing is when you hold your tiny little bundle of joy in your hands, oh the joy is unexplainable, then you will know its all worth it! Really really worth it!!!
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by yemmykemmy(f): 4:23pm On Nov 12, 2010
Good day to you my darling,your question is very good and i know you need a good and sincere answer.
Every human being created as an iota of selfishness in them ,that manifest at a time in ones life ,you wonder why go through this child birth pain and discomfort to be a mum,its unfair on women, BUT WAIT AS A christian or muslim woman,we should not forget our duty which GOD as given us ,its like our reason here on earth,to look after our home .So my sister what do you clasify as your home or what will become your home,your home is not 50'' plasma TV in your front room ,or 10 bedroom house if you are lucky BUT(PAUSE) your home is (1)your husband(the man you chose,the man you love to the extent of living with him,sleeping with him and(2) majorly your GOD GIVEN CHILDREN.
AT THIS JUNCTION THINK GOD DID NOT GIVE MAN THE FACILITIES TO CARRY PREGNANCY (9months),ITS ONLY US WOMEN,SO IF YOU CANT CARRY PREGNANCY HOW DO YOU GO INTO LABOUR.

I WROTE THE ABOVE AS AN INTRODUCTION FOR YOU TO KNOW THE REASON WHY YOU ARE UNIQUE AND WONDERFUL,SEE YOURSELF AS SOMEONE A LOT OF PEOPLE LOVE,RESPECT AND DEPEND ON TO BE ABLE TO DO THIS TASK.

BY THE SPECIAL GRACE OF GOD ,AM A MOTHER AND I CAN TELL YOU ITS PAINFUL BUT

1)THE SPECIAL GRACE OF GOD

2)THE LOVE OF YOUR HUSBAND MAKE IT LESS PAINFUL,

DURING PREGNANCY READ A LOT OF BOOKS ON CHILDBIRTH,MY SISTER IT HELPS TO PREPARE YOU,IT MIGHT NOT BE AS IN THE BOOK BUT YOU HAVE AN IDEA,TRY AND WALK AT LEAST 30MINS AROUND YOUR AREA EVERYDAY.GET OFF THE BUS 15MINS BEFORE YOUR HOUSE AND WALK,DONT JUST SIT ON THE SOFA ALL DAY,THOU YOUR BODY WILL WANT TO DO THAT PARTICULARLY TOWARDS THE LASTS 2MONTHS .EAT FRUIT DONT JUST EAT HEAVY FOOD ALONE.MAKE LOVE WITH YOUR HUSBAND WHEN YOUR BODY CAN ALLOW(AROUND 5MONTHS AND 7MONTHS IS MORE ENJOYABLE)
ABOVE ALL BE VERY PRAYERFUL,APOSTLE PAUL WROTE IN THE BIBLE HE SAID WE(WOMEN)WILL BE REDEEM THROUGH CHILDBIRTH SO IT THE TIME OF YOUR REDEMPTION.
LISTEN CAREFULLY YOUR FRIENDS CHILDBIRTH EXPERIENCE MAY BE PAINFUL AND TRUMATIC YOU NEVER KNOW YOURS MAY NOT BE SO ,IT DEPENDS ON YOUR CERVIX OPENING ON TIME AND YOUR BABY READY TO COME OUT.
LASTLY ,THE JOY YOU WILL EXPERIENCE AS YOU HOLD HIM OR HER CANNOT BE EXPRESS BY MOUTH ,ITS UNIQUE .SO MY DEAR SISTERS THERE NO JOY THAN WHEN YOU HOLD YOUR BABY AND HE OR SHE SMILE BACK AT YOU.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by iaabc(f): 6:21pm On Nov 12, 2010
Its painful, but like someone said, its not more than you can handle (usually). For me each time I just kept thinking to myself, "there are over 5 billion people on earth and they were all given birth to one way or another, so I can do it" Plus once its done its done and you have a precious little one to cherish for life.
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by pocketndry: 7:33am On Nov 15, 2010
The pain cannot be described but it is easily forgotten. P/s go on and have your babies.
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Ladyrsky46: 1:35am On Dec 08, 2010
embarassed cry
W.O.W shocked
FEARRR,
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by prommy(f): 9:53pm On Dec 21, 2010
Try and see.
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by ceasyc(f): 1:50pm On Dec 22, 2010
SHHIT PAIN! ! ! shocked shocked shocked but WORTH IT!
Not exaggerated at all at all

thank God labour no tey sef & mother n child r superb
so d pain is 4gotten easily grin
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 23, 2010
People let this thread die. I am gonna get marry very soon, I don't need all this fear. grin
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by sexyLeamon(f): 6:32am On May 23, 2011
yemmykemmy:

Good day to you my darling,your question is very good and i know you need a good and sincere answer.
Every human being created as an iota of selfishness in them ,that manifest at a time in ones life ,you wonder why go through this child birth pain and discomfort to be a mum,its unfair on women, BUT WAIT AS A christian or muslim woman,we should not forget our duty which GOD as given us ,its like our reason here on earth,to look after our home .So my sister what do you clasify as your home or what will become your home,your home is not 50'' plasma TV in your front room ,or 10 bedroom house if you are lucky BUT(PAUSE) your home is (1)your husband(the man you chose,the man you love to the extent of living with him,sleeping with him and(2) majorly your GOD GIVEN CHILDREN.
AT THIS JUNCTION THINK GOD DID NOT GIVE MAN THE FACILITIES TO CARRY PREGNANCY (9months),ITS ONLY US WOMEN,SO IF YOU CANT CARRY PREGNANCY HOW DO YOU GO INTO LABOUR.

I WROTE THE ABOVE AS AN INTRODUCTION FOR YOU TO KNOW THE REASON WHY YOU ARE UNIQUE AND WONDERFUL,SEE YOURSELF AS SOMEONE A LOT OF PEOPLE LOVE,RESPECT AND DEPEND ON TO BE ABLE TO DO THIS TASK.

DURING PREGNANCY READ A LOT OF BOOKS ON CHILDBIRTH,MY SISTER IT HELPS TO PREPARE YOU,IT MIGHT NOT BE AS IN THE BOOK BUT YOU HAVE AN IDEA,TRY AND WALK AT LEAST 30MINS AROUND YOUR AREA EVERYDAY.GET OFF THE BUS 15MINS BEFORE YOUR HOUSE AND WALK,DONT JUST SIT ON THE SOFA ALL DAY,THOU YOUR BODY WILL WANT TO DO THAT PARTICULARLY TOWARDS THE LASTS 2MONTHS .EAT FRUIT DONT JUST EAT HEAVY FOOD ALONE.MAKE LOVE WITH YOUR HUSBAND WHEN YOUR BODY CAN ALLOW(AROUND 5MONTHS AND 7MONTHS IS MORE ENJOYABLE)
ABOVE ALL BE VERY PRAYERFUL,APOSTLE PAUL WROTE IN THE BIBLE HE SAID WE(WOMEN)WILL BE REDEEM THROUGH CHILDBIRTH SO IT THE TIME OF YOUR REDEMPTION.
LISTEN CAREFULLY YOUR FRIENDS CHILDBIRTH EXPERIENCE MAY BE PAINFUL AND TRUMATIC YOU NEVER KNOW YOURS MAY NOT BE SO ,IT DEPENDS ON YOUR CERVIX OPENING ON TIME AND YOUR BABY READY TO COME OUT.
LASTLY ,THE JOY YOU WILL EXPERIENCE AS YOU HOLD HIM OR HER CANNOT BE EXPRESS BY MOUTH ,ITS UNIQUE .SO MY DEAR SISTERS THERE NO JOY THAN WHEN YOU HOLD YOUR BABY AND HE OR SHE SMILE BACK AT YOU.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL

Very helpful advice.

1 Like

Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Ferya(f): 5:45pm On May 23, 2011
@ Poster,

Praying to be pregnant after so many years of marriage is the most Painful thing and not Childbirth. So, praise God

when you become pregnant, because so many women are going to different places just to have a child of their own.

Don't be sacred.
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Nekai(f): 11:53pm On May 23, 2011
yemmykemmy:

GOD BLESS YOU ALL

kiss
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by queenex(f): 9:20am On May 24, 2011
yes it is bt it doesnt last long. as soon as i saw my twin little angels,i 4got d pains dt i cant even describe it agaiin. infact i long to av anoda.
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Nobody: 12:34am On Jul 29, 2012
queenex: yes it is bt it doesnt last long. as soon as i saw my twin little angels,i 4got d pains dt i cant even describe it agaiin. infact i long to av anoda.

twins?! OMG IM SOOO JEALOUS! cheesy

@topic: just the thought of giving birth scares me. grin
I can take pain but can you IMAGINE?! urrrgh! Still, I want a natural birth.

I don't want a c-section unless it's necessary. tongue

In fact I would like to have a water birth. smiley
but that won't be until YEARS from now!
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Nobody: 12:35am On Jul 29, 2012
Omolola1: Oh my! This is really making me scared~

lol no offense but it feels good not being the only coward!! grin
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Aug 03, 2012
OMG **faints**
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by mykehugo: 10:19pm On Aug 16, 2013
if you ask me inside my small mind and from my own experience
A woman's body has been adapted for the sacred duty of procreation , so instead of complaining about their misfortune they should view themselves as being blessed\favored\fortunate (choose you pick) to be given the opportunity to be the bearer of the gift of life. This is something that should be looked forward to, not dreaded. this is exactly what i told my wife when she was going through her pregnancy , beginning with her morning sickness i told her that "your not sick your just pregnant very very soon it will be over", and a few months later she was in the delivery room pushing out our lovely daughter grin she diddnt even shout much it was simple and straight forward.
maybe we were lucky maybe she has a high pain threshhold who knows? What we do know is that we are so grateful for the privilege and the experience

NB Oh and by the way ,the sex was out of this world grin
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Ochiban: 7:20pm On Aug 20, 2013
here is the answer to the question. this video clip is when some men were strapped to a machine that let them have contractions like in labor. check it out

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CDIQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DGw5ayibQ-E0&ei=irMTUs6LF8OdyQHU94GoDQ&usg=AFQjCNGJPG4M4sgWvW4gtZj7lz8B5dHUBg&sig2=lbRliJBLrEM8i7R667yX2Q&bvm=bv.50952593,d.aWc
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Klare(f): 6:38pm On Oct 04, 2014
Sissy3:
the pain varies depending on the woman, some women have it easy, while for others it is not something they can describe.

depending on where you reside, whenever it is your time you can always opt for epidural, it is the best choice, no pain at all ( now who wouldn't want that?)

my friend when she was pregnant she had epidural, and she was watching the movie Home alone, and she didn't know when the baby popped out!
pls anuty can u expaciate on d meaning of epidural?
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by StarryLiu: 2:37am On Oct 28, 2014
It is painful,and very painful if the baby is big,but after it,you get a lovely baby,lovely and learn the first word as MUM,you will see,every pain in it is worthwhile.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Meet Sayo And Jomi: Taiwo Sayo & Kehinde Folajomi, Identical Twin Sisters / I Couldn't Say A Word When I Saw This (photo) / Why Children Of Strict Parents Turn Out To Be Worse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.